Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 2, 2019 9:43 PM

Sep 2012
What do you guys think? Is Lupin relevant enough to warrant a showing for American audiences? I'm really hoping Fathom events picks this one up because I want to see this glorious CG on the big screen.
Dec 3, 2019 5:46 PM

Aug 2018
WOW! in here is empty. Anyway, i lub lupin, i lub it a lot but ain't nobody(american audience) got no time fo dat? It is too niche here.

PS: CG anime is the devil.
Dec 5, 2019 8:19 PM
May 2013
amperevenon said:
WOW! in here is empty. Anyway, i lub lupin, i lub it a lot but ain't nobody(american audience) got no time fo dat? It is too niche here.

but Castle of Cagliostro got a theatrical re-release in 2017.

plenty of niche anime films get limited runs. it's entirely possible that this will get a 1 or 2-day theatrical release in major US cities.

don't write off cg just because it's cg. this film looks fantastic.
Dec 5, 2019 9:46 PM

Aug 2015
amperevenon said:

lupin is no more niche than promare was to the general populace in the west, and who cares that it's cgi? there's many different levels of cg quality, and from the trailers the quality of this looks fucking fantastic. not all cg is as bad as the newer seasons of berserk.
Dec 6, 2019 2:28 PM

Jul 2017
I believe it'll get some sort of a theatrical release.

As for how long that release, it's up to the distributor.
I doubt GKIDS would pick it up, they don't really do franchised stuff to my knowledge.
FUNimation might? Or Eleven Arts? Those would be my two candidates.
Either way, with them, it would likely get a scattered release across America over the course of a month or so.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: The First Episode 1 Discussion

Ryuseishun - Jun 3, 2020

26 by Gabriel_Runager »»
Mar 16, 1:34 PM

» criminally underrated

KingNibla - Jun 30, 2021

5 by Oznerol7 »»
Jan 17, 2023 8:51 AM

» What to watch after this?

MysteriousAeon - Jul 5, 2020

3 by SleepingBear »»
Jun 5, 2022 10:36 AM

» Lupin Finally Sneaking Into The Arab World

BBally - Jul 27, 2021

0 by BBally »»
Jul 27, 2021 6:38 AM

» Chara designs, good or bad ?

Wicowan - Jun 14, 2020

3 by Haneken2086 »»
Feb 6, 2021 11:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.