Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2019 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's a hell of a throw. Poor Reina. At least Mavis and Pauline were able to hit that flying monster.

Pretty amusing episode as usual. Mile has a lot of strength in that arm of hers and I found the throwing scenes pretty priceless. Looks like that creature had a close relationship with his companion in the aftermath of that fight.
Dec 2, 2019 9:08 AM

Aug 2013
Lol there is a perverted cow in this show.

Mile and Reina got beaten by that ten year old girl when it comes to the chest. XD

Dec 2, 2019 9:13 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the Wyvern hunting quest turned out to be a Wyvern looking for its long lost master. A funny wholesome episode that had a bath scene at the end.
Dec 2, 2019 9:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really funny episode again, the fight against the Wyvern was so weird but hilarious xD the bath scene too
Dec 2, 2019 9:55 AM

Apr 2015
the episode is all over the place. bath scene was too long imo and the same goes to the wyvern hunt.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Dec 2, 2019 10:32 AM

Nov 2014
That was one of the better episodes. Mile is really funny character and she had a lot of chances to shine this week.
With only 3 eps left I hope it keeps this style: episodic comedy, not some semi-serious arc. Tho I wouldn't mind Mile doing something broken OP
Dec 2, 2019 10:33 AM
Dec 2015
Ok. how old was mile when she died? thunderbirds are hella old. lol
Dec 2, 2019 11:15 AM

Jun 2019
Great fun episode today. I could watch these girls messing about all day! Pauline or Mavis are the best looking imo, but Mile is best girl for so many reasons. She would be such a great girlfriend, you'd always be laughing (when you weren't in bed).
Dec 2, 2019 11:17 AM

Jun 2019
Sunomeow said:

You're right, Thunderbirds were early 80's, maybe late 70's I think, as they were just a bit before my time.

Well wiki has just told me that Thunderbirds are a 60's children's TV show, would not have guessed that they were that old. Maybe Mile was into retro games and tv shows (Tetris, Duck Hunt...), I can see that.
23feanorDec 2, 2019 11:20 AM
Dec 2, 2019 11:25 AM

Mar 2019
liked this one a lot, very funny and nice scenes to watch...
losing to a 10 years old girl...feelsbadman
Dec 2, 2019 12:01 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow Mile's portrayal of a maid really was cute while Reina's was just what you expected from a tsun lol. The finishing blow of Pauline though was devastating for the customers due to her smiling demon visage. Given that the girls only need to help the inn in return for a reduced rate for their room its actually a pretty good deal. Given that the crimson vow is a party focused on offence damaging the wyvern is easy but they have no means of restraining it. Amusing how Pauline's charm works on cows as well. The wyvern hunt though was just so hillarious due to Mile's tactics and her changes in attitude. Even though the hunt did not go as expected its nice that they still managed to get quite the substantial award from it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2019 12:01 PM

Feb 2019
"Onii chan drink my soup all up pls." I still can't get over hearing my mom/sister's name in Japanese lol, never thought I'd hear that. The discussion threads for this show died out smh. Cute girls doing cute shit what's not to like?
Dec 2, 2019 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
Sunomeow said:

Thunderbirds is still popular in the UK, even got a CGI reboot a couple of years ago. There was also the awful live-action movie 15 years ago. But Mile has also made Ultraman references so not that weird in context.

I do really enjoy this series but the anime writers' decisions to keep adding boob jokes about 10 and 12 year olds is threatening to lower my overall rating for the series.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Dec 2, 2019 2:37 PM

Jul 2014
That cow is a cow of culture.

We got some nice panty bloomer shots. Thanks Ropross for that attack on Mavis <3

I loved how Mile and the mage at one point got in complete sync.

Isn't Reina supposed to be flat? That's not flat at all.

Holy crap, that's a well-developed 10-year old girl... Wait what.

Poor Reina, she not only lost to a 10-year-old girl but also peed on herself :'( She lost, but we definitely won ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 2, 2019 3:48 PM

Oct 2015
Fun episode!

I'm glad they didn't kill the Wyvern, the poor creature was just trying to survive that's all. The reunion with the old man was somewhat emotional, and funny at the same time.

This show just knows how to strike when it comes to comedy.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 2, 2019 5:26 PM
Oct 2018
Sunomeow said:

As someone else stated, Thunderbirds is, or at least it was popular over here in the UK. I grew up in the 90's and loved Thunderbirds, it was often on reruns on TV a lot too. Most people my age know about Thunderbirds, not sure about those at Mile's age though, but then Mile is a bit weird so...!! I also watched Captain Scarlet and Stingray too.

But it's funny to see such an odd reference in an anime.
Dec 2, 2019 6:01 PM
May 2017
Another cute episode.

Thank you, Mile, you are so adorable.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 2, 2019 7:31 PM

Oct 2018
Is it just me or this flashback was a reference?:

Dec 2, 2019 7:33 PM

Oct 2019
what's wrong with this girl, you have to discipline her, oyakata!
Dec 2, 2019 10:33 PM

Feb 2015
Funny episode with the mythical dragon that turn out to be a ripoff training my dragon. Also it has many different plugs on that movie. Also the way Adele was being an annoying brat with the rest of the team calling Reina boss and correcting the old man for his dragon's name.

In the end it was a funny clip but also lack the story continuation.
"Miharu denki desu"
Dec 2, 2019 11:39 PM

Jun 2019
Not even 2 minutes in to one of my favorite series for this season and its already got me questioning continuing even this episode. Like when in the hell did the little girl from the inn become a witch. Did the writers really just create an entire scene that never happened and change an entire characters personality just so the party had a reason to look for a decent job.
Dec 3, 2019 12:46 AM

Nov 2015
I feel like there were a ton of other (maybe obvious) references besides Thunderbirds in this ep but I didn't get most of them.
Dec 3, 2019 1:10 AM

Apr 2015
That's one mighty throw! That thunderbirds reference though, what a blast to the past.

Frank_86 said:

Pretty much what I also thought, can't help but see the resemblance, especially the colors!
Dec 3, 2019 3:33 AM

Sep 2014
Cute episode. With the obligatory sexualization of a 10 year old at the end. But at the same time she runs the inn so whatever.

Why would they need money in the first place, doesnt Pauline sell Miles merch?

The amount of references continues to be this shows strongest point.

Also, Miles strongest point is probably her insane memory. She has to remember the time she lived normally and the isekai time on top and she still has attention to details
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 3, 2019 3:51 PM

Dec 2016
SkyLETV said:

Poor Reina, she not only lost to a 10-year-old girl but also peed on herself :'( She lost, but we definitely won ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

just now I realise how weirdly long are her toenails. xD
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 3, 2019 7:09 PM

Jul 2015
CeddyyBearr said:
That's one mighty throw! That thunderbirds reference though, what a blast to the past.

Frank_86 said:

Pretty much what I also thought, can't help but see the resemblance, especially the colors!

I KNEW I REMEMBERED THAT FROM SOMEWHERE. Couldn't think of where I saw it though, thanks for bringing this up. Now I can cry remembering it.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 3, 2019 9:05 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is awesomely greatly fun!
i figured-out that they won't be able to kill that Wyvern! because of you'know...circumstances...
but what i didn't expect is the use and mention of a certain item/topic: Carbon Nanutubes NET! hahah never expected that it made way thru anime! one of the hardest things second to Graphene! CNTs are harder than diamonds!
5/5.

Dec 3, 2019 10:10 PM

Oct 2017
Hilarious episode, Reina actually wet herself lol. Also too bad for Reina and Mile, they both lost to a ten year old.
Dec 3, 2019 11:19 PM

Jul 2017
Oomph, the Crimson Vow in their maid/butler (for Mavis) outfits to earn some money in pension for rent. And losing to the innkeeper Lenny isn't Reina and Mile's idea...they eventually won with the rent, but not in the boobs department, which for a 10-year old, THAT'S SOME REALISTIC BOOB PHYSICS.

So more fetch quests, with the girls going wyvern hunting. AND NO ONE AIN'T GONNA MENTION that the wyvern looks like a downsized Ripley from SSB? That's just sad.

Off the girls go to subdue the dragon...but that cow is an animal of culture. The fight itself...as somewhat weird...with Mile with the Thunderbird reference, but she's relentless. And HAHA Reina being "showered" in bathing magic and wet herself LULZ.

OOH SO MUCH PANTY BLOOMER SHOTS...

But the wyvern ended up being the owner of somebody...and the naming conventions don't end between the old owner and Mile.

Funny episode with references as usual.
KANLen09Dec 23, 2019 6:13 AM
Dec 4, 2019 8:25 AM

Mar 2013
I blame Project No 9 for the fanservice. Having looked into some of the other shows they're behind (that basketball one, for example), and knowing that there has been nowhere near this much fanservice in the manga to date, I think that's where it comes from. The director doesn't exactly have a track record for it either. He's made some properly good stuff too.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Dec 4, 2019 9:02 AM

Jul 2016
Damn, wasn't expecting Mavis to have such good figure, honestly. Especially those hips...

Ehh... anyways, OK episode overall. It wasn't as funny as others since I found most of the jokes off-timing but some sequences were still entertaining enough.
Dec 5, 2019 5:52 PM

Nov 2009
SkyLETV said:

No,

I am pretty sure "we lost, Kreygasm"

I love those "10 yrs old kids with no reason to hold back".

___ ___ ___

And looks like Miles being evil again...

(and more "family secrets", lol)

___ ___ ___

And that Pokemon Butterfree farewell... LOL
amlgDec 5, 2019 6:04 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 6, 2019 3:58 AM
Oct 2016
Frank_86 said:

Except it's an even bigger reference to the children's book Rascal: A Memoir of a Better Era by Sterling North: it has the canoe trip across the lake, the kid in the flashback looks like someone dressed for WW1 era-ish, I'm pretty the lines he says are a close match to the lines written for that scene, and she even goes on to refer to the Wyvern as Rascal before being interrupted..
Dec 7, 2019 12:39 AM
Sep 2019
The lizard is quite a gentleman (or woman)😎, he (or she) even knows how to use the attacks properly.

Ok, that was a joke, but the reunion thing was quite a cliche, but it was too cliche that I wasn't able to predict the story 100%.
But they did skip out on how they got the bathhouse thing, was that at the inn? Did they buy a house and create a bath. Or something else, it wasn't explained in the anime sadly .-.
Dec 9, 2019 5:46 PM

Mar 2014
Lol the classic Jurassic Park "lure out the giant lizard with a chained-up livestock" technique. Felt bad for the cow until it turned out to be a perv lol
Jan 19, 2020 11:56 PM
Aug 2017
Haha this was really funny, especially with that old mand
Feb 11, 2020 4:09 AM

Jan 2011
That cry when she realised she wet herself though.
Apr 14, 2020 2:55 AM

Jul 2015
Top 10 saddest anime moments, Baffled II saying goodbye to Ropross...

Sep 24, 2020 2:55 PM

May 2015
LMFAO!!!!! Mavis when they went to the captured wyvern was hilarious! Her evil speaking and evil expression were class XD.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 2, 2021 2:19 PM

Feb 2020
Nice Thunderbirds reference.

That fight was so epic, lol.

The backstory of the Wyvern and it's master was funny and touching.

SerafosDec 10, 2023 10:34 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

125 by Vosson12564_cool »»
Mar 4, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:18 PM

» Where do I pick up the light novel after the anime?

neil - Dec 23, 2019

8 by abyss_will »»
Dec 12, 2023 11:22 AM

» will this ever get a second season?

go1d1eaf - May 22, 2021

17 by NiQ1 »»
Oct 4, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.