Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Vinland Saga Episode 20 Discussion

Dec 3, 6:50 PM
operationvalkyri said:
Canute's drive is fascinating to witness. It's surprising, though, how easily he can trust and use Askeladd, while Thorfinn, on the other hand, can't let go of his grudge.

Cause Canut has the kingdom, Thorfinn only had his dad when he lost him. So, revenge is justified.

Dec 3, 7:06 PM

Dang... Canute makes THE BEST FACES. The boy has grown so much.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!

Dec 4, 7:04 AM

Ciezul said:
operationvalkyri said:
Canute's drive is fascinating to witness. It's surprising, though, how easily he can trust and use Askeladd, while Thorfinn, on the other hand, can't let go of his grudge.

Cause Canut has the kingdom, Thorfinn only had his dad when he lost him. So, revenge is justified.
I see it as revenge being justified in either case (without going into the debate of whether revenge is ever justified), but your comment does get me thinking about the stakes of Canute's and Thorfinn's decisions. The former has his kingdom to think of while the latter had only himself. Add to that the fact that Thorfinn was a child when he made the decision.

Dec 4, 7:23 AM

Great episode! *.*

I still can't believe how Canute changed his behaviors suddenly. I think that he will continue surprising me in the upcoming episodes :)

Dec 4, 7:44 AM
Forum Moderator
Thread Cleaned

All the abusive and trolling posts have been removed. Abuse and trolling aren't allowed on the forums.
Site & Forum Guidelines Rule I.3: Trolling, abuse and/or harassment of any community member (user or moderator) will not be tolerated.

Dec 4, 12:04 PM

That was a lot to take in! That scene between Canute and Swyen was so intense and i thought for a minute there that Askeladd was gonna lose his shit! Also i completely agree with Askeladd about Ragnar's brother; i don't trust him at all.

My heartbroke when Askeladd said that Bjorn probably won't survive.... i've really grown to like Bjorn. I hope that his wild, gorilla man-ness will save him somehow.

And Leif has finally made it to England; i really REALLY hope he finds Thorfinn before some awful shit goes down (because i can feel that coming!)

Dec 4, 1:25 PM
When that blonde priest turned out to be 23... Such a OMFG moment, I thought he was in his 50s.

Dec 4, 2:26 PM

Great episode. It shows a lot about the aftermath of what happened and sets up what's coming up next. It's almost the end of the season, I wonder when is Vinland going to come into play.

Dec 4, 9:45 PM

245678 said:
I have to say that this scene was f *** safe the crazy that is p ***

that face dude, that madman face was the last thing many europeans saw during the viking invasions in the middle ages.

Dec 5, 9:29 AM
operationvalkyri said:
Ciezul said:

I see it as revenge being justified in either case (without going into the debate of whether revenge is ever justified), but your comment does get me thinking about the stakes of Canute's and Thorfinn's decisions. The former has his kingdom to think of while the latter had only himself. Add to that the fact that Thorfinn was a child when he made the decision.

Well everyone has his own kingdom. Thorfinn has his family. But when Thor was killed, he still a child - having revenge may be a childishly made but it's not that its invalid. Thor was Thorfinn's kingdom. And Thor alone. Other people doesn't matter to him, and rightly.
Canute lost his true father figure, lost his faith in God - but he has a pure Kingdom to grab. So, he makes decisions as to use Askeladd to make to the Crown.
If you compare Thorfinn and Canute's drive, I think selfishly made Thorfinn's childish decision is more appealing than Canute's. Ultimately every men only think about himself.

Dec 5, 5:50 PM

It's nice to see Virgin Canut become a Chad all of a sudden.

He's a true inspiration to us all.

Interesting how Canut's drive is now "Revenge against his father", whereas Thorfinn's drive is "Revenge for his father".

Maybe revenge and your pop don't go together? Just a thought.

"This one's for Pat!"

Dec 6, 12:18 AM

Ironically, Thorfin just met the real culprit of his father's death - Floki. Or else, is the real culprit king himself? Like king ordered Floki to kill Thors, and Floki hired Askeladd to do this. Anyway, dumb Thorfinn never thought about this possibility and focused only on Askeladd instead. And Askeladd keeps silent, too

Dec 6, 11:28 AM
I remember the twitter account for Vinland saga saying that there would be "added content" aka not manga canon in this episode, but as I can recall everything in this episode happened in the manga so did I miss something?

Dec 6, 12:57 PM
Oh man.. Askeladd be mad and Canute's new faces are intimidating af :o
As always; Thorfinn is cute and hot lelel
HAIL VINLAND SAGA!

Dec 7, 4:24 AM

Thorkell, that bastard, he's already got a SICK-ASS EYEPATCH.
Truly, a necessity for any badass.
(Well, at least for those that lose an eye... to be honest, when you still have both eyes, it kinda loses effect; which is a little annoying if you're like me and you always pick it when customising a character. Would I take a perception disadvantage for an eyepatch? OF COURSE!)

It's also interesting seeing how far Thorfinn has come. I mean, he's survived, thrived, and fought with the best, now is a guard to the Prince without even realising it. I mean, he hasn't mentioned duelling Akseladd for some time now. Speaking of the man; that look that even gave Thorfinn the spooks. Gotta love them intense faces.

Damn, that Monk just become SO DIFFERENT... I mean, at 25 with British blood, I can't grow facial hair nowhere near that level. Then again, I haven't ever left it for years on end.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (I'm looking at you, To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases when I blabber on about them.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory', and small breasts justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Dec 8, 2:16 AM

that prince ruined this entire show. so annoying.

Dec 8, 4:02 AM

I must say, this episode was so thrilling and intense, looks like the King knows what Canute wants to do, Canute now picked a fight with the king formally. Willbard though, looks so different now, but still a heavy drinker lol. F for Bjorn though, looks like we won't see more of him.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia

Dec 8, 5:53 AM

Why did the king ask about Askeladd's birth name? Did he know Askeladd's father in person?
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, are also exceptionally skilled at killing. {×.×}

Dec 8, 1:03 PM

Knut first speech: what a beautiful bird, Ragnar, catch it for me!
Knut last speech: I will kill my father and make peace on earth (aprox)
Great intense episode, Knut makes me wanna follow him
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think
it's necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Houseki no Kuni Club

Dec 8, 3:35 PM
Well...I loved the reunion between Canute and his father. Very interesting. Looks like the King is intelligent. Wonder what will happen in the future between the two. The guy at the end (forgot his name), glad to see he's alive. Really want to see the interaction between him and Thorfinn.

Dec 8, 3:53 PM

Ciezul said:
operationvalkyri said:

Thorfinn is a stupid brat for not even remembering what his father told him and how much he wanted for Thorfinn to avoid bloodshed. If Thorfinn really wanted to honour his father (~be a coherent character) he would have gone back home already. I do not know why he is there, but his role is to be a pawn in the history as a whole. He is not the main character. Their stupid Nordic land and its culture are.
Re:formed

Dec 8, 6:58 PM
Daniel_Naumov said:

Ciezul said:

Thorfinn is a stupid brat for not even remembering what his father told him and how much he wanted for Thorfinn to avoid bloodshed. If Thorfinn really wanted to honour his father (~be a coherent character) he would have gone back home already. I do not know why he is there, but his role is to be a pawn in the history as a whole. He is not the main character. Their stupid Nordic land and its culture are.

In some sense I also think that Thorfinn's effect is less than Askeladd in this season. But, since Thorfinn is Leading the show, I hope in future he will improve.

Dec 9, 10:28 AM

Askeladd getting angry was so well done, it just shows how much he loved her mother.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 12, 8:06 AM

Ha, I told you Griffith is back. I am not sure if I am suppose to adore Canute or not. Those vibes were real this whole time. Anyway, I don't mind show turning into political drama, I actually like these kind of shows. Shame it's almost end of season.

And those two brothers, end suited for them. I wish them well. And monk? 23. Really?

Anyway, is Askelaad planning to tell Thorfinn who ordered his father death anytime? It could be really help to relieve tension in Canutes camp, Thorfinn could finally get over his fathers death and work with Askeelad properly. On other hand, Thorfinn would do something stupid, like trying to murder leader of Jormsvikings on his own.

Edit: Wait, did they really said, Bjorn, the berserk, is going to die on internal injuries.... oh no... He was one of my favorites, I hoped he going to be in Canute's camp...
Modified by Martin_Taylor, Dec 12, 8:13 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

Preview MangaManga Store