Forum Settings
Forums
Dec 4, 8:07 PM

Okay, I already posted in this thread with an actually answer, but I think this needs to be said. A lot of y'all equating something being "overly popular" with being "overrated." Like, I don't know what world you're living in, but in mine, Akame ga Kill, SAO, and Fairy Tail have some of the biggest hate-bases in anime. Frankly speaking, if I hear someone talking about those shows, it's almost exclusively to call them crap. There may be a large number of people out there that like them, but that doesn't mean they all think those shows are actually good, nor that even more people don't think they're terrible either.
"If it ain't big, it's only a bust," The Truth, Some Point in the Past

Dec 4, 9:15 PM
Sword Art Online

Demon Slayer

Fairy Tale

Tatami Galaxy

Dec 4, 9:22 PM

Assassination Classroom

So many people talked so highly of it that I had to check it out. Plus the storyline made it seem like it would be very fun to watch. The early episodes were delivering the goods. I don't remember when it went wrong, as there's been some years since I last seen it, but the story started getting less and less interesting to the point where I took a break from it and have yet to return. I do remember it was how the teacher started acting more and more like a normal teacher and less like an evil alien come to destroy the planet. Really started to annoy me as the class thinking of ways to kill him was the shows greatest strength. The more they went away from it the more boring the show became.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 4, 11:51 PM

Goddamn people fucking naming SAO and Franxx as if it hasn’t been bashed enough. Be creative and think of something that is actually “loved by many, but you subjectively find it to be overrated”. SAO isn’t even well-acclaimed, it’s evidently polarizing.

To answer OP’s question, just go onto the Top 100, you find heaps such as Your Name, or the latest pseudo-science tearjerker Rascal... Dreaming Girl.
. . .

Dec 5, 12:13 AM

Angel Beats - Not as interesting as people hyped it up to be. It's not bad just mediocre. So much happening yet at the same time so little development. Pretty forgettable characters(TK is the only decent character & we barely know anything about him). The feels & sappy moments didn't do much for me(Otonashi's is the only good one). The show might be better if it's a bit longer I think.

*I have to admit the flying chair scene is gold

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - It's okay but not as great as people made it out to be. Someone in this thread already described the problems I have with this movie very well

Death Note - I agree that the 2nd half brought down the story. Near is a poor man's version of L & Mello who is the better character is underutilized. Disappointed with the writing of Mikami since his character had a lot of potential. And he is so out of character in the ending
Modified by deoclasher88, Dec 5, 12:46 AM

Dec 5, 12:23 AM

as for me it would be:

Darling in the Franxx -

Hunter X Hunter

Devilman: Crybaby

Dec 5, 9:05 AM

I can't recall an anime that I've called 'overhyped'. If I didn't like the anime, I'll realize that it just isn't in my style. But I don't let other people's thoughts and reviews become a consideration for my experience watching the show.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]