- Bungo Stray Dogs
- Fantastic Children
- Servamp
- How to keep a mummy
- Yakusoku no Neverland

Dec 5, 1:47 AM
alienx26 said:
Attackonfiller said:
She enjoyed Heaven's Lost Property?! Like, damn! Your niece is really something else. I remember Fairy Tail being the ecchiest thing ever for me at 13 and that's nothing lol

Yeah her enjoyment of heaven's lost property caught me off guard too. Though I'm sure she didn't watch it for the fan service lol

Hmm, maybe something like Hatarake Maou-Sama would be good for you to check out together. That's the one about the demon lord who gets transported to Earth, loses his powers and has to work at McDonalds to make ends meet. There's a little action but mostly slice of life comedy.

A lot of good suggestions in the other posts. I'd add "Toradora" as a good romcom one.
Modified by cipheron, Dec 5, 1:51 AM

Dec 5, 2:12 AM
NotxMe said:
I might say:

- Karneval
- Noragami
- Bungo Stray Dogs
- Fantastic Children
- Servamp
- How to keep a mummy
- Yakusoku no Neverland

Hmmm....Bungou Stray Dogs and Servamp might have too much blood, but then again she did watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, so i don't know, though i'd still say, wait a while, especially in Bungou Stray Dogs case, as the violence probably would be the least of the problems, what with the incest between a character and his Sister and another character's constant suicide attempts played for comedy, i would put this one at least 15-16 year old!

Dec 5, 3:16 AM

Dauphine said:
NotxMe said:
I might say:

- Karneval
- Noragami
- Bungo Stray Dogs
- Fantastic Children
- Servamp
- How to keep a mummy
- Yakusoku no Neverland

Hmmm....Bungou Stray Dogs and Servamp might have too much blood, but then again she did watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, so i don't know, though i'd still say, wait a while, especially in Bungou Stray Dogs case, as the violence probably would be the least of the problems, what with the incest between a character and his Sister and another character's constant suicide attempts played for comedy, i would put this one at least 15-16 year old!

Well, I watched anime since I was little 3/4 years old and I managed to watch Devilman, Versailles No Bara, Lady Georgie without any cut (even though they cut them in my country years later) so I guess I didn't put so much thought about it when I suggested you Servamp and Bungo Stray Dogs. BTW I'm always against avoiding a subject just because the anagraphic age, IMO it's better to talk about critical themes with someone you know and can explain things while watching. That's been said I usually consider the maturity of the person (not based on the age only) so if you think she's not ready for those anime you can easily avoid them.

Dec 5, 9:14 AM

alienx26 said:
I'm not sure who recommended narutaru, but maybe you meant naruto? Anyhow, thank you for these great animes I can watch with my niece. You're a great help!

No, I was referring to this post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1813470&show=0#msg58741519

I'll also toss Usagi Drop into the mix. A 30-yo salaryman becomes the caretaker for his grandfather's 5-yo illegitimate daughter. If you're okay with the illegitimacy premise, the rest of the story is a warm-hearted slice-of-life comedy about the bonding between Daikichi and little Rin-chan. As the single parent of a daughter myself, this show resonated with me. On Crunchyroll: https://www.crunchyroll.com/usagi-drop

Modified by SeijiSensei, Dec 5, 9:23 AM

Dec 7, 10:32 PM
NotxMe said:
I might say:

- Karneval
- Noragami
- Bungo Stray Dogs
- Fantastic Children
- Servamp
- How to keep a mummy
- Yakusoku no Neverland

Oh yeah almost forgot about the promised neverland. Forgot to mention we watched erased together and she loved it too so that one isn't a bad one to watch together. Thanks! Also noragami seems to come up a lot so that might be chosen. Not too sure about bungou stray dogs besides me loving it(especially the first few episodes of season 2 on the port mafia). As for the rest, not sure

Dec 7, 10:34 PM
cipheron said:
alienx26 said:

Yeah her enjoyment of heaven's lost property caught me off guard too. Though I'm sure she didn't watch it for the fan service lol

Hmm, maybe something like Hatarake Maou-Sama would be good for you to check out together. That's the one about the demon lord who gets transported to Earth, loses his powers and has to work at McDonalds to make ends meet. There's a little action but mostly slice of life comedy.

A lot of good suggestions in the other posts. I'd add "Toradora" as a good romcom one.

Good choices. Haven't seen both so that'll give me a chance to watch something new too!

Dec 7, 10:36 PM
Dauphine said:
NotxMe said:
I might say:

- Karneval
- Noragami
- Bungo Stray Dogs
- Fantastic Children
- Servamp
- How to keep a mummy
- Yakusoku no Neverland

I agree, but since she can be picky, I believe she might not like the two lol

Dec 7, 10:39 PM
NotxMe said:
Dauphine said:

Well, I watched anime since I was little 3/4 years old and I managed to watch Devilman, Versailles No Bara, Lady Georgie without any cut (even though they cut them in my country years later) so I guess I didn't put so much thought about it when I suggested you Servamp and Bungo Stray Dogs. BTW I'm always against avoiding a subject just because the anagraphic age, IMO it's better to talk about critical themes with someone you know and can explain things while watching. That's been said I usually consider the maturity of the person (not based on the age only) so if you think she's not ready for those anime you can easily avoid them.

I couldn't agree more with that. As her uncle, I should be there to help explain to her the many confusions she may have and anime does an amazing job of teaching us things that others don't generally teach us. There have been multiple occasions where she'd tell me to watch something to her to explain what happened to her. Also, it's pretty crazy what you watched at such a young age lol

Dec 7, 10:40 PM
SeijiSensei said:
alienx26 said:
I'm not sure who recommended narutaru, but maybe you meant naruto? Anyhow, thank you for these great animes I can watch with my niece. You're a great help!

No, I was referring to this post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1813470&show=0#msg58741519

I'll also toss Usagi Drop into the mix. A 30-yo salaryman becomes the caretaker for his grandfather's 5-yo illegitimate daughter. If you're okay with the illegitimacy premise, the rest of the story is a warm-hearted slice-of-life comedy about the bonding between Daikichi and little Rin-chan. As the single parent of a daughter myself, this show resonated with me. On Crunchyroll: https://www.crunchyroll.com/usagi-drop

Ah yes usagi drop has been on my list for some time so that is a good recommendation

Dec 9, 2:38 AM

alienx26 said:
NotxMe said:

I couldn't agree more with that. As her uncle, I should be there to help explain to her the many confusions she may have and anime does an amazing job of teaching us things that others don't generally teach us. There have been multiple occasions where she'd tell me to watch something to her to explain what happened to her. Also, it's pretty crazy what you watched at such a young age lol

Yeah but I think I didn't understood some anime so well back then so I didn't get impressed in a negative way. I had a lot of freedom regarding the tv but I censored myself when I found something inappropriate for my taste. I remember the fights with my older brother because he wanted to watch The Visitors at 10:30 PM and I was so scared about that show lol (also EWW) ...

Dec 10, 8:32 PM
NotxMe said:
alienx26 said:

Yeah but I think I didn't understood some anime so well back then so I didn't get impressed in a negative way. I had a lot of freedom regarding the tv but I censored myself when I found something inappropriate for my taste. I remember the fights with my older brother because he wanted to watch The Visitors at 10:30 PM and I was so scared about that show lol (also EWW) ...

ah, i see. makes sence

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]