Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 30, 2019 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh so they'll need the help of the other Goddesses including Ishtar to defeat Gorgon...ok then. Ishtar's feet though lol

At least Gilgamesh has a plan to use against Gorgon. Ishtar and Ritsuka are also seems to be getting along better.

Nov 30, 2019 8:33 AM

Apr 2016
First half: Hey Ishtar, your Rin is showing.
Second half: Hey Ishtar, your Eresh is showing.

Oh shit they mentioned Gugalanna the divine bull .. someone's got a thing or two to explain lol. But great scene, the one with campfire .. i really like how they did the dialogue.

Also #medusadidnothingwrong.
SwagernatorNov 30, 2019 8:50 AM
Nov 30, 2019 8:43 AM
May 2017
Gilgamesh is so damn rich that he can buy off a goddess lol.

Ishtar is just 100% Rin in this episode. Not a bad thing though.

Nov 30, 2019 8:44 AM

Aug 2013
Of course, Rin, no I meant Ishtar would love gems. XD

Good episode. The got Ishtar as an ally now so now they have a chance against Gorgon.
A lot of cute Ishtar moments in this episode.

Nov 30, 2019 8:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ishtar was so cute in this episode, she's definitely my favorite character in Grand Order
Nov 30, 2019 8:46 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, I loved it.

Gilgamesh with his plans. XD

I love how they brought Ishtar over to their side by literally bribing her with gems, that was hilarious and Ishtar's reactions were too adorable. <3
Gil is a force to be reckoned with for sure. The small fight sequence we had was awesome too.

That Ishtar laugh when everyone mentioned the bull. xD

I loved the conversation between Ishtar and Fujimaru at the end. As a person born into a very conservative family, I think I can understand and have witnessed first hand what Ishtar means when she talks about how humanity trying to forge their own world would mean that they would have to come face to face with the severity of life. They will no longer be able to blame their circumstances on the 'Gods', even if by doing that makes life a little less painful for humankind, but doesn't that also mean they're just running away from their problems?
Also, Ishtar was too adorable here. Props to Ueda Kana for her top tier performance.
Nov 30, 2019 8:53 AM

Oct 2017
Lol Isthar was bought just like that, Gilgamesh sure knows how to buy a goddess. Isthar was really cute in this episode. Loved watching Isthar and Ritsuka talking beside the bonfire. Thou lol this made me pretty sad I still dun have her in fgo.
Nov 30, 2019 8:58 AM

Sep 2015
Ishtar is the true MC of F/GO, everyone else are just supporting characters.
Nov 30, 2019 9:02 AM

Apr 2013
Damn Gilgamesh beeing able to buy Ishtar with his money lol
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Nov 30, 2019 9:05 AM

Jan 2009
damn Ishtar is best girl or best goddess our MC wins her too eh

but the philosophy talk was nice like Ishtar do not want humanity to entirely abandon religion or god worshipping its fine if humans blame gods for their bad luck but to her they should never abandon gods like her

and pseudo-servants are different than demi-servants eh i wonder whats the difference since it seems like both are spirits possessing a human anyway to me
Nov 30, 2019 9:16 AM

Apr 2016
deg said:
and pseudo-servants are different than demi-servants eh i wonder whats the difference since it seems like both are spirits possessing a human anyway to me

The process of summoning is different. In case of demi servants, humans control the "powers" of a servant (in fgo world mash is the only known individual), while in case of pseudo servants, servants are in control of a human body and if the vessel is gifted, they can use/fuse the vessel's powers/abilities etc. with their own.

Yes they are very similar, but in definition they are different.
Nov 30, 2019 9:18 AM

Jan 2009
Swagernator said:
deg said:

The process of summoning is different. In case of demi servants, humans control the "powers" of a servant (in fgo world mash is the only known individual), while in case of pseudo servants, servants are in control of a human body and if the vessel is gifted, they can use the vessel's powers/abilities etc. with their own.

Yes they are very similar, but in definition they are different.

hmm ok but i do not know if i can separate their definition or i will even use the term demi-servant lol because pseudo-servant sounds more better
Nov 30, 2019 9:21 AM

Jan 2017
I was hoping that this episode will he cute and heartwarming but CloverWorks did go way beyond the call of duty making Ishtar(Eresh) just PERFECT!

At this point I'm not even mad anymore that Ufotable did not make this adaptation.

Nov 30, 2019 9:23 AM

Aug 2009
No "Mash do the thing"

Trash adaptation. -1/10. An Evil of Humanity.

Loved how they handled the Eresh scene and how you can tell that that isnt Ishtar. If Fujino wasnt so close I would roll for best goddess.

You could also tell when Rin and Ishtar are overlapping when Ritsuka was bargaining.

ALSO

FUCKING DINOSAURS
Nov 30, 2019 9:40 AM

Dec 2015
ssjokg said:
No "Mash do the thing"

Trash adaptation. -1/10. An Evil of Humanity.

If they didn't do Lucha moment properly, that's where I consider this as trash adaptation.

Holy shit! This episode is amazing for IshtaRin fans!

And Fou should get more screentime too. He's too adorable hngggggghhh!!!

Dr. Roman x Da Vinci-kun best couple
Nov 30, 2019 9:49 AM

May 2015
"Okay, first start by kneeling and kissing the top of my foot" See... contrary to "useless goddess" memes, it's hard not to call her best goddess when she pulls stuff like this 5/5

Nov 30, 2019 10:01 AM

Sep 2016
No "Mash do the thing"
My disappointment is incommensurable and my day is ruined.

At least they got Chapter 10 fully done...

Next episode will be really interesting.

deg said:
hmm ok but i do not know if i can separate their definition or i will even use the term demi-servant lol because pseudo-servant sounds more better

Well it's easy.

Demi-servant: Human uses Servant's powers after summoning them and making them possess their body. Needs a human container that can withstand the servant's power (in case of Mash, she was born for this exact purpose).
The human has control of the body. The servant has control of how much power they will give to their container.

Pseudo-servant: Servant uses Human's body to be summoned in the first place. You can almost say that the human is a sacrifice.
Anyone can have control of the body and power, the heroic spirit decides how that is done.
A certain FGO caster pseudo-servant had the servant completely give up control to the human, while others have the servants fully control. In some particular cases it's a mix, and each personality can emerge at a certain time.
Heck, FGO even has 2 pseudo-servants (namely an assassin and a saber, technically the same person but also not) that literally are humans used as a vessel to summon...themselves. Lol. (this is a very particular case as the human used for the servant summon was inside a singularity, and followed the master in Chaldea after the singularity was done)

The key is that Pseudo-servants are a necessity for the summon to succeed, Demi-servants happen after a servant has been summoned.
FullyChargedNov 30, 2019 10:06 AM
bruh
Nov 30, 2019 10:06 AM

Oct 2018
This episode was epic as hell, Ishtar couldn't just be any more cute... I was dying to watch the night talks with Ishtar/Eresh and I haven't been dissapointed so far! I loved this episode so much!!!

5/5
Nov 30, 2019 10:47 AM

Jul 2019
@FullyCharged

Nov 30, 2019 10:49 AM
Aug 2018
ishtar feet...nice
Nov 30, 2019 10:59 AM

Feb 2019
Ishtar best goddess/girl. Idk who I ship more Fujimaru and Ushi or Fujimaru and Ishtar, God I love this series so much. Gilgamesh with a senku level big brain move to avoid conflict.
Nov 30, 2019 12:17 PM
Jul 2019
Ya know it was quite an oxymoron for Istar to be this fortune loving goddess to suddenly having principle of fighting for the human race when she just accepted payment to fight the Gorgon.....

Nov 30, 2019 12:36 PM

Sep 2014
Ishtar too precious this episode hnnggg, also dammit Mash with the cockblock!
Nov 30, 2019 12:47 PM

Jul 2016
Following the events of last episode. Ritsuka and Mash embark to recruit Ishtar with order of Gil. They went to her shrine and try to persuade her, but its pointless. So with Gil knows how to tame her, they gave Ishtar jewels and gold that propells to join them. Its hilarious scene.

About Gorgon, Romani gave them some briefly history of Gorgon and her sisters. Liked the dynamic of Da vinci and Roman this episode.

And the last scene Ritsuka and Ishtar talks at night. And liked the subtle hints about her personality and being pseudo servant.

To the next episode

Nov 30, 2019 1:29 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm not one of those people who have a foot fetish, but if Ishtar offered me her foot, I'd be worshiping that like a god from another galaxy.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 30, 2019 2:00 PM

Aug 2018
I'm really starting to believe Ishtar is just an excuse to get Rin's charadesign blush in even more extra iteration of stay night.

Not that much happened, feels like a huge fanservice and exposition pause for 20 minutes, why even fight to begin with, just propose her the deal with Gil's treasure at the moment you see her, doing a diversion was pointless.

GIMME THE BACKSTORY, I WANT THE BACKSTORY, AND I ALSO WANT THE LUCOA CLONE TO APPEAR !
Nov 30, 2019 2:06 PM

Aug 2017
Cute episode, feet and a bit of the Babylonia Best Girl
I was so hyped for these cute parts, now i am pretty happy with the result
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Nov 30, 2019 2:27 PM

Apr 2015
So they are approaching Ishtar to have her join their side. By offering gems. She accepted and Ritsuka had to kiss her feet for the contract? You can cockblock Ritsuka all you want Mash, count me the fuck in!!!

God, this episode was everything I could have wanted from IshtaRin. I mean the bonding between Ritsuka and Ishtar was really nice during that night. But I can't get enough of that Tsundere blush. It's beyond amazing.

Eventho I only got to know about the existence of Eresh through these forums, I am curious to see who is actually talking at what time, Ishtar or Eresh? Not fully convinced who it was at the fire. I hate it's not super obvious for me yet, but it's not ruining my experience, I like the mystery for now.
Nov 30, 2019 2:52 PM
Oct 2018
Isthar, now you are officialy Aqua equivalent of fgo 😂
Nov 30, 2019 3:06 PM

Sep 2016
Cheryl-chan said:
@FullyCharged

SomeDudeBro said:
Mash
cockblock

Don't make me block ya, fam.
(didn't @ because I don't want to be @-ed about this, lol, uncultured stay uncultured and undeserving of the love of the Best Kouhai)
FullyChargedNov 30, 2019 3:09 PM
bruh
Nov 30, 2019 3:07 PM

Apr 2009
Ishtar pleases old king for gems ohohohoho!
Anyway, this episode was pretty well done, they handled the night time conversation well.
Nov 30, 2019 3:54 PM

Feb 2015
And that is why everyone loves Ishtar. God damn Rin is a top tier waifu in all her forms. Man, that character and all her derivatives makes me feel all kinds of things.

T-13 days until Eresh.
Nov 30, 2019 4:13 PM

Oct 2012
DereDere notTohsaka was actually pretty cute. I guess Ueda Kana is doing all she can to make this goddess likeable.

Anyway, now it's almost confirmed that she is almosst 90:10 Tohsaka during the night. Guess this is how she is in the world where there is no Shirou. I hope we get bit more explanation on how she got to ancient Mesopotamia in the first place but it's probably not very likely.
Nov 30, 2019 4:18 PM
Jan 2017
Fate/Grand Order delivers yet another fine episode! Still recovering from Gorgon's attack, Ritsuka and co. realize they need help if they are to defeat the goddesses and that means bringing one of those goddess to their side. It was very funny to see our heroes buy Ishtar's allegiance, but her private conversation with Ritsuka implies that she is more than just a materialistic brat, and for what it's worth, Ritsuka says that Ishtar is nicer than people give her credit for. This show keeps getting better and better with each passing episode and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Nov 30, 2019 4:34 PM
Nov 2014
Much better than the previous episode. Ishtar's monologue is actually pretty deep. Had me pondering an writing it out for a while. Not to start a huge debate but she actually has a point about people suffering from the loss of faith in gods, but the problem is her patronizing attitude towards mankind. To enable one to "blame the gods" is to encourage not taking responsibility. To claim that people are better off not knowing certain things (in that context) is slamming the door on essential research and education on the grounds that knowledge is more suffering.
Nov 30, 2019 4:36 PM
Nov 2014
VanishingKira said:
they know who they're pandering to lol
They should have shown Fujimura kissing it. Would have portrayed him as someone willing to go to great lengths for the sake of his mission.
Nov 30, 2019 5:48 PM

Aug 2019
i mean this entire episode was overall a massive ishtar appreciation episode and i'm 100% ok with that.

also i think Mash slightly snapped when ishtar wanted a bit more then gems from master
Nov 30, 2019 5:49 PM

Apr 2009
Aidamis said:
Much better than the previous episode. Ishtar's monologue is actually pretty deep. Had me pondering an writing it out for a while. Not to start a huge debate but she actually has a point about people suffering from the loss of faith in gods, but the problem is her patronizing attitude towards mankind. To enable one to "blame the gods" is to encourage not taking responsibility. To claim that people are better off not knowing certain things (in that context) is slamming the door on essential research and education on the grounds that knowledge is more suffering.
A key theme of Babylonia is precisely about Humanity's need to break away from Gods and how Gilgamesh' time period is meant to be the crucial moment that starts the end of the Age of Gods. It is time for Humanity to grow up, break free from the hold of the gods and pursue their own path, establish their own deeds... an End of Childhood, so to speak.

Mich666 said:
I hope we get bit more explanation on how she got to ancient Mesopotamia in the first place but it's probably not very likely.
Summoning works beyond time and space. She got there because a vessel is needed and the cosmic forces looked around beyond time and space, found a suitable vessel from a particular timeline and summoned her to the singularity with the goddess. That's all.
Nov 30, 2019 5:51 PM

Jan 2009
stitches of Ishtar courtesy of reddit/r/anime

Nov 30, 2019 5:53 PM

Oct 2015
I see Ishtar has joined for money, although she kinda said it was some moral reason when she spoke with Fujimaru. Contradictory is what I can say!

Also I hate it when female characters blush on every word an MC says, it just seems superficial and dulls the whole thing. Yuck!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 30, 2019 6:17 PM

Nov 2015
Nice episode with some chill moments, i'm happy how the camp scene was adapted.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Nov 30, 2019 6:35 PM

Oct 2012
Nilvius said:
Summoning works beyond time and space. She got there because a vessel is needed and the cosmic forces looked around beyond time and space, found a suitable vessel from a particular timeline and summoned her to the singularity with the goddess. That's all.

I honestly believe that each parallel needs to have its unique Throne of Heroes (which is only disconnected from the time but not from the world that shaped it), otherwise you would be able to summon the servants who may never even existed in your world and had no connection to it which shouldn't be possible. Even explaining parallel Emiya would be probably illogical retcon so they leave it ambiguous on purpose. So it had to be Tohsaka from their parallel, although we may never learn any details which is a shame.

But was it ever explained what happened to Emiya, Sakura, Tohsaka or Illya in the world where there was no 2nd-5thHGW?. I believe it wasn't. And can it be even explained at all without creating big plotholes? There is solid chance that thay were never born to this world which really makes Ishtar just fanservice for sake itself.

Of couse, said things were only true before the introduction of FGO when the lore was drastically changed (and not for the better if you ask me). It's sad thing but FGO introduced so many adjustments to the lore for sake of the mobile game, there are is no longer any solid logic behind all things. Nowadays, they are just using rule of cool when introducing new servants and worlds instead. I learnt to not bother much by it but it's still feels waste when I think back to original FSN, Tsukihime and Ataraxia lore.
Nov 30, 2019 6:38 PM
Jan 2016
Just loved this episode!

So Gilgamesh offered her gems in order to bring Ishtar for our side, and entrusted that task to Fujimaru!

I love Ishtar even more after this awesome episode, and was so amusing seeing Ishtar being 100% Rin, obvious she would be crazy seeing that amount of gems, and her reaction were just too cute and funny! And kiss my foot moment was so good!

Fujimaru and Ishtar talk in campfire was wonderful, and Ishtar's Rin reactions were so perfect!
Nov 30, 2019 7:09 PM

Apr 2009
Mich666 said:
But was it ever explained what happened to Emiya, Sakura, Tohsaka or Illya in the world where there was no 2nd-5thHGW?. I believe it wasn't. And can it be even explained at all without creating big plotholes? There is solid chance that they were never born to this world which really makes Ishtar just fanservice for sake itself.
Prisma Illya is a thing. And Zelretch exists precisely so they can muck around with multi verse etc. And just because it isn't explained doesn't mean it's a plot hole, it's just plot that's of another tale not relevant to the current story. Yes, FGO Ishtar being a Rin face is pure fanservice, but it's not major lore breaking thing like you make it out to be. Yes, there may be a world where all those things you said didn't happen, but at the same time, the point of this kaleidoscope of possibilities is that there is a world where it could have happen albeit with different details but retain the core similarities needed.

Also, having the Throne being unique with each world wouldn't make sense of what's going on with Lostbelts where things are going all Bokurano.

otherwise you would be able to summon the servants who may never even existed in your world and had no connection to it which shouldn't be possible

What do you mean? Musashi is a world hopper and her main story is Shimousa, which is meant to be a proto-Lostbelt aka directly about interference from timelines there were not to be. You mention Emiya but he's a counter guardian and part of the deal way back in UBW is that guy gets stuck doing all the clean up crap across time and space anyway. Hardly an FGO thing.
Nov 30, 2019 7:54 PM

Sep 2016
Ep 10 preview pics are out:

https://anime.fate-go.jp/ep7-tv/story/?story=10

Yes, we're at that point.
If they don't make "that scene" in this ep or in the following one, I will be even more angry than when they didn't do "Mash do the thing" in Ep 9.
bruh
Nov 30, 2019 9:53 PM
Jun 2017
This epiosode just showed us that in order to have the servant we want, we need to become a Pay for those Saint quarts. Hahaha...

And an easy example is on how did they able to let Ishtar join them... by buying her. Hahahaha...

And we have some nice Ishtar (or eresh?) And master moment. Love that episode... hahaha...
Nov 30, 2019 10:13 PM

Aug 2009
Everyone is saying how IshtarRin is just fanservice when Rin being the vessel is the only fucking reason Ishtar didnt kill MC gang in the first episode.

Pure Ishtar isnt friend material.

Nov 30, 2019 10:28 PM

Apr 2009
Yeah, Strange Fake Ishtar be one cold blooded motherfucker, yo.
Nov 30, 2019 11:12 PM

Jul 2016
Kissing Ishtar's foot as a way to form a contract with her? Honestly, not my thing but I'm quite sure plenty of people here would have killed for the opportunity.

Another great episode. The information about how the concept of "Pseudo-Servant" works was nice to hear. On the other hand, the brief story of how Medusa ended up being Gorgon was sad but well, those are Greek Gods for you.

Regarding Ishtar, she was more Rin than ever this time and I loved every second of it. The campfire scene was especially quite nice since I really liked how the talk between Gudao and Eresh was handled. Easily, my favorite moment and well... not to mention also that seeing Eresh's lovable tsundere side always warms my heart.

This said, can't wait for the next episode. Especially since it seems a new character will be introduced.

P.S.: On a side note, the person/people who drew Ishtar sure loves her. She received some quite beautiful shots this episode. This one being my favorite:
Nov 30, 2019 11:27 PM

Aug 2010
Yeah, Rin being there is the sole reason Babylonia didn't end at episode 1.

"Add Rin and Luvia together, divide the result by two, and remove almost all of the humanity." -Nasu, about pure Ishtar.

This one wouldn't get flustered at the sight of gems and decide to cooperate. This one would kill the party while laughing about how she'd take 100% of Goldie's treasures from hid cold dead corpse and that the only shame is that Enkidu wouldn't be there to watch.
astroprogsNov 30, 2019 11:32 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.