Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 14, 2019 10:02 PM

Mar 2014
So fanservice girl tries to prove herself as a Fire Soldier... and wins by letting a guy grope her and see her ass.... sigh

At least Maki was badass and it was funny to watch Iris bludgeoning the guy
Dec 26, 2019 1:03 AM

Aug 2019
holy hell maki ended all of those guys with style jfc. The SFX of the 400-pound-giant-steel-flying-death-polls hitting a human in the face at intense speed made my stomach curl a bit.

bravo for tamaki she kinda took down the Evangelist and sister aswell for both demolishing his brains and humanity. Someone also explain how one second iris can be beating a man to the floor with a pipe then the next completely turn into a cutie and melt my heart?
Jan 5, 2020 11:31 AM

Aug 2017
Maki is a skilled fighter and magician.

Totally got the hots for her.

I love a woman that can kick my ass.

Tamaki's battle with Assassin started off decent until it just dropped the ball.

You can never escape Tamaki's fan-service moments EVEN in battle.
What an underwhelming fight.

Jan 7, 2020 7:10 PM
Mar 2017
The eighth company found the hiding place of the evangelists thanks to the work of Licht, but this place is in the Nether, the old underground route of the Tokyo train and is considered as the place that connects to hell according to the religion of the holy sun.

The entrance to the Nether was very funny, almost all the members of the squad were scared, even Captain Obi, which surprised me and made me laugh a lot.
The girls also had their moment, Iris is the calmest of the three, while Maki and Tamaki hide scared behind Iris.

The evangelists began their plan smoothly and the creative Yona uses his pyrokinesis with other followers of the cult to separate the group and create chaos and confusion among the members of the eighth company, which ends with the whole group separated and this is where one of the funniest fights start.

Poor Iris is so dense, how was it possible that she could not identify the real Tamaki, even the imposter had a man's voice, fortunately her lucky pervert is activated leaving her completely naked and Iris clarifies her confusion with these two Tamakis, but they are intercepted by Assault, a very powerful member of the evangelists.

Poor Maki, she ended up alone and scared in the depths of the Nether and the situation worsens when a group of evangelists arrives to face her, but this only manages to calm Maki and so she goes into combat mode, where she ends up giving them a hard beating to each of the evangelists, this included the leader of the group that received double beating for insulting the fragile and delicate Maki.

Tamaki also spent difficult moments against Assault, this guy had a very great pyrokinesis technique that created fire bullets, but Tamaki manages to dodge some of his attacks, but is her lucky pervert who ends up giving her the victory, added to the brutal beating that Iris and Tamaki gave to the virgin evangelist, Assault went to heaven and hell in a matter of seconds, Latom.
Iris's smile is so therapeutic, protect that saving smile.

I really liked this episode, it gave the girls a chance to stand out in combat, even Iris who normally has a more passive role, but Maki does know how to fight, it was something that I loved and gave her more points as Best girl.
I was intrigued with the dream that Shinra had, who will be that girl who looks like Iris, I do not think she is the real one, since she does not have the same gentle and welcoming presence that Iris has, maybe she is another owner of the Adola Link or something else .
Jan 9, 2020 10:28 AM

Mar 2009
Christ. It's like a night and day difference when it comes to the characterization of Maki...and then Tamaki. So dumb.
Jan 23, 2020 11:00 AM
Dec 2013
Daaaaaamn. Tamaki and Iris beat that guy so hard that his brains spilled out. It was so graphic that it had to be censored. Guess we have to wait for the Blu-rays to see it uncensored.
Jan 29, 2020 9:09 PM

Aug 2017
Yep, precious minutes wasted on Tamaki's "battle" ew.

Maki >>>>> Tamaki.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 29, 2020 11:31 AM

Jul 2014
TheTexhnolyzed said:
That part with Assassin of the Abyss and Tamaki was so retarded. I am done, I have reached my limit.

This anime is 1/10 for me now. This episode made me do that.

It looks a lot similar to Soul Eater. Tbh I would've thought something like that would happen lool
Mar 30, 2020 10:11 AM

Aug 2018
Tamaki wasn't useless at all...
May 3, 2020 8:09 PM

Feb 2015
If they discovered a threat like that knights being in a specific place, why didn’t they organized an entire assault along 1st, 5th and 7th company that technically are now their allies, I mean, I know the knights are trash except by Sho, but he is that dangerous that an entire 8th company vs him could be a fair fight, I don’t even know what is the plan after finding him or if Obi expected traps from entering there. A little more context about the Nether could’ve worked better, they are afraid of it, but I don’t even know why, it just looks like subways’ ruins. Maki’s fight was awesome, all the choreography was excellent, how everyone got beaten, I could even hear their bones crushing, how brutal Maki is, she beat the shit out of that guy. Tamaki, on the other hand, poor fight, Assault was presented as an op character, what a shame, he even got defeated by Tamaki’s fan service ability.
Jun 27, 2020 10:29 AM

Aug 2019
Maki's fight was the best part of the episode and also one of the best fights of the series, she was so badass! And then we have Tamaki. Like, what the actual fck!? I thought she'd finally have a serious moment and show some usefulness and they turn even that into pointless fanservice which enables her to win the fight and make it into a bad joke. Too bad she'll always remain a useless fanservice character. At least Iris looked cool while bringing the rod down on the enemy from behind.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jun 28, 2020 6:42 PM

Aug 2011
DedPanda said:
Maki showcases why once again she is the true best girl of this series. And it's rather funny too because out of all the female characters we've been exposed to so far (Princess Hibana, the Sister, Tamaki, not including any female villains here), she's the one with the least fanservicey moments. I mean we had the close up cleavage shot in episode 1 and maybe like...two shower scenes? And she's clearly the most badass and capable.

I'm not opposed to the fanservice in this anime, I mean you get used to it especially when you're watching shounen genre, but it seems like a lot of people's gripes with the female characters in this show is their capability and the amount of fanservice they get. Well...Maki shows why you don't need to give a damn honestly. But that's just my side take.

Tamaki being serious was unexpected but that Lucky Lecher Lure ultimately derails her. I think she's meant to sort of be like a foil character in this series, much like how Black Starr was the foil in Soul Eater. I still don't really care for her because her character just annoys me, but she and the Sister in this ep were both funny. Also, her only saving grace is being voiced by Aoi Yuuki.

I have to agree that Maki really showed her talents in this episode and on her lonesome too. Tamaki - I appreciated the tenacity, but sorry, if she were fighting another chick, she'd be assed out. That Lecher move would not have saved her, unless...???

Love martial women showing their mettle in any anime; I think this one was nicely done.

you were fighting a chick, yo opa
Jun 30, 2020 1:06 PM
Tyrant

Aug 2018
Great episode. Maki still best girl.
Jul 2, 2020 3:17 PM

Jul 2016
Maki is amazing, love her!
Jul 6, 2020 11:40 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Nether. What we got there? A joking matter. The fuck with Assault got a nice treatment like that. The justice action for Tamaki and Iris to proved they were not an useless side character at all. Nice attempt. But, the heck? Why Tamaki always got bad impression like that? Latom, then! Lmao. Maki being Maki was okay, as a gorilla girl. Understood. Yeah, finally Mera and Pusu had a useful action by using that flying mace machine. Good personification.

Okay. Only that shit to be mentioned. Lets see another trippy battle against an amusing cult member. A hilarious episode, to be my deep honest.
badabassJul 6, 2020 11:44 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 7, 2020 9:34 AM

Jul 2019
The first half of the episode was really good with the highlight being Maki's fight. The punches felt so good it made me actually cringe.

But then Fanservice girl came along and ruined the rest of the episode by completely ruining the mood. I hope the evangelist is pulling a reverse card on them and makes things less comfy for the 8th.
Jul 9, 2020 11:48 AM

May 2015
Maki is best girl! Also, she is badass!

Sister and steel pipe is OP. PLZ NERF!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 18, 2020 8:31 AM

Jul 2013
Ok so let me get this straight, the nether is what used to be the Tokyo subway? Ok and it's supposed to be taboo and entrance is banned by their government and yet no one is guarding it? And there's a button, from the outside that opens the doors and there's electricity? That doesn't even make any sense. And why did the company 8 go alone? And knowing full well too that they're trying to kidnap Shinra. They should have at least brought the captains of company 5 and 7. There's something very suspicious and sinister going on with their government if they sent only 1 company, and smallest and newest company at that, to raid the supposedly hq of this very powerful and very evil cult. I bet that their emperor, that old fucker is the Evangelist himself. And there we go again with the out-of-place and forced comedy like these people are trying to kill each other but somehow Tamaki loses all her clothes? Ok
Aug 9, 2020 7:22 AM

Jun 2015
Catching up but this eps was epic. Looks like training paying off and I love how the underworld in this post apocalyptic madness is the tubes lines. Very nice touch.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 5, 2020 10:12 AM
Jan 2018
Maki was the best part of the epiosde

The tamaki fight made me giggle due to how utterly ridiculous it was,
Nov 15, 2020 4:06 AM

Dec 2010
Ok, this time there were some genuinely funny scenes. Látom.

Hatsuyuki said:
All I'm saying here is the author missed a chance to properly develop Tamaki and instead used her as a fanservice tool again.
The author did give her as much development as possible here, she faced a strong enemy with all she had and the end result has no real effect on that. Powering up to win or even losing would not really develop her any further. If you find the resolution silly or demeaning that's a completely different matter.
Nov 22, 2020 4:14 PM

Apr 2013
Rip these guys who mercilessly got annihilated by Maki and her Hammers lol Maki does not dissapoint with her fighting.

Apparently Tamaki ̵i̵n̵ ̵h̵e̵r̵ ̵o̵w̵n̵ ̵w̵a̵y̵ beat one of the strong guys together with Iris, Good Job! I didn't expect to see Firefighter Brutality and moreover Iris, the Nun to be this merciless lmao
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Dec 17, 2020 9:47 AM
May 2018
Yow Tamaki is so badass. And when Iris beats that man from behind is just super hilarious.
Feb 25, 2021 6:42 PM
Feb 2021
hey sister iris what the fuck??????
Apr 24, 2021 10:28 PM

Nov 2010
Tamaki's lucky lechery definitely worked to her advantage this time. It made that Assault guy look like a push-over. lol

Oh man, finally, Maki in action. The way she destroyed those white clads was badass!
Jun 19, 2021 10:05 AM

Jun 2020
Shinra was such a cute kid!!!! And Iris in his dream???? Wtf was that. Was that really her.

Obi being creeped out by the “Netherworld” trolllloooool Company 8 is actually just a whole ass bunch of dorks♡ L O L @ Vulcan & his sloth goggles!!!!

Maki as amazing as always. Iris & Tamaki were so cute together & even cuter beating Assault into a pulp lolollll. DAT CENSOR. And glad there was some character development from Tamaki, tho sadly she never fails to be reduced to fanservice. I like her tho, and I’ve actually never minded the fanservice. Look at her just charge at that Crimson Bullet.

Assault kinda hot tho.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 23, 2021 7:22 AM

Apr 2013
I like that they got separated, so everyone has their own time to shine. Maki's fight was great, really utilized her gorilla cybo... I mean womanly strength. Tamaki's fight on the other hand... I don't like how she looks so weak all the time and only won this fight because of her lucky lecher ability tbh.
Jan 23, 2022 10:17 PM

Mar 2016
Uhh the Nether? They better have some fire resistance potions ready.

Maki's pair of Tekkyo is as badass as I hoped it would be, in fact, it's straight-up brutal, it's essentially a solid metal missile, as long as you're a human, that thing could easily knock you out and even potentially crush your bones, killing you like the bugs you are. What a fitting weapon for someone like Maki. She's a beast with fists of steel, no way some Evangelist chump that underestimates her could ever hope to win against others, even if she's all by herself.

On Tamaki's side, I thought this 'Assaut' guy would be a tough opponent, well he's capable but damn did he not expect those fan service power to be laid down upon his poor soul. Man's got consecutively beating by both Tamaki and Iris to a bloody pulp, guy even got his brains spilling out of his skull. I guess we now know that Iris isn't above beating the shit out of evildoers until they're a bloody mess.

I wished we get to see more of Tamaki's ability though, I'm still not completely sure the advantage of using her cat-like fire powers and also why she fights with her bare body revealed. Assault's metal dildo bullets really gave her some damage by hitting her unprotected guts.
Feb 15, 2022 8:45 PM
Jul 2019
This Episode was very SUSSY.
This was the Episode where they had to vent like Impostors.
ඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞ
Apr 6, 2022 7:10 AM
Nov 2020
Damuzen said:
When Tanya Degurechaff kicks in, it gets real

Seriously, that villain was bludgeoned to death

I'm not the only one who thought this, right!? They straight up KILLED a man! They blurred a part of his head! THIS WAS A NUN! THE PIPE HAD BLOOD ON IT!!!!
Apr 6, 2022 7:14 AM
Nov 2020
AivanK said:
Great episode!

Maki did a great job! Those 2 "hammers" really do fit her combat style well xD
Iris and Tamaki are now my favorite duo ahaha Their fight part was unexpectedly funny, and that ending haha
Iris used her ultimate hahaha

This..

Poor guy xD

So... we're just going to carry on as if two fire force members didn't JUST bludgeon a man to death or at least give him SEVERE brain trauma!?
Alright then...
May 30, 2022 7:07 AM

May 2020
After that boring af last episode, this was some decent fun, the later part to be precise. Maki didn't hold anything back, and yeah why would she, given her She-Hulk status. Again though Tamaki, even villains aren't safe from her lucky lecher ability.
Nov 3, 2022 8:07 AM

Jan 2021
I mean let me just say that this fan service is really good we need more lucky lecher 🗿
Dec 28, 2022 9:28 AM

Nov 2020
Underworld discovered.
Jan 28, 2023 10:45 AM
Jan 2023
Excessive Fan Service. Tone it down a little
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

176 by ArthurKFC »»
Apr 16, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by beamtoes »»
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

386 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

118 by capybara_helo »»
Mar 10, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2019

108 by capybara_helo »»
Mar 10, 11:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.