Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think that Go-toubun no Hanayome is one of the best Harem anime/manga series ever?

The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 10, 2019 10:07 AM

May 2015
YggdraSEED said:
Ain't even top 10 all time

You should try actually watching/reading something before you shit on it.

Dec 10, 2019 5:49 PM

Nov 2019
TsukuyomiREKT said:
YggdraSEED said:
Ain't even top 10 all time

You should try actually watching/reading something before you shit on it.

Explain how am I shitting on it Smh

If I say FMAB isn't top 10 am I shitting on it? Lol there are more than 20 animes in existence just as there are more than 20 mangas, it's like you're considering anime or mangas in the top 50s bad already, do you even realize how many animes and mangas are out there?

So yeah don't be a snowflake, and before you make another assumption, seen the anime, caught up in the latest chapter
Dec 10, 2019 6:08 PM

Sep 2018
It is one of my favorite harem anime, but it is difficult to call my #1 favorite. Their are a lot of other harem anime I really liked.
Dec 15, 2019 12:51 AM
Jan 2018
No. It's the same as practically every other harem in existence maybe even worse. If someone called this serious so bad that it insulted them, I wouldn't even question the statement. It's a cheap cop out made to cash in on pointless waifu wars nothing more.
Dec 17, 2019 11:22 AM
May 2016
The world god only knows is still the best harem anime imo.
But go-tounboun is very good, not only as a harem show but simply as an anime as well, which is not commun for a harem show in general. I think it's in my top 3 with yamada-kun and the world god only knows.
Dec 18, 2019 3:25 PM
Dec 2018
I don't watch or read enough of them to have an opinion on that but I do think it does a good job with the characters. They are distinct enough to have people fighting over who should win. And the MC is reasonable enough for him not to be doing dumb things all the time and he isn't ridiculously dense either.

His choice in the manga is understandable and i don't really care about character development in so far as who he should choose. There have been enough clues for why he made the choice he did and it totally fits in with, both, his character and making sense based on what we have seen throughout the story. Fan boys throwing their toys out of the pram because he didn't choose their favourite doesn't change that. The story is about Fuutarou and what he likes best in a person, not the readers choice. I hate the idea of the writer bowing to fan pressure and compromising his own work because people find Miku or Nino cute. The choice he made fits with the person he was portrayed as throughout the story.
Dec 23, 2019 2:07 PM

Nov 2007
With the recent antics (last chapter), this is far from anything I would regard as one of the best.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 24, 2019 12:05 PM

Feb 2013
It's one of the best but not the best.
Dec 24, 2019 4:38 PM

Dec 2018
Well, considering that harem series are mostly shit, this could be regarded as something above-the-shit. I wouldn’t even say that it’s something remotely good or remarkable, but it does have some brilliant moments. Also, Nino is such a great character.
. . .
Dec 24, 2019 5:19 PM
May 2018
I sort of "got into it" recently when I saw the first season.

Despite me avoiding harem stuff, I was drawn to the whole poor smart MC helps rich stupid sisters study thing.

Liked it for a first few episodes when it was just about that, but in the end it when full harem route, and it was just tiring.

Guess harems just aren't my thing, and I doubt I will bother watching second season, nor with manga, for that matter.
Dec 24, 2019 6:06 PM
Aug 2014
It doesn't even scratch the surface. It's decent though.
Dec 24, 2019 6:29 PM

Feb 2018
It was good. "was" is the key term here. The current chapters are absolute shit
Dec 24, 2019 9:30 PM

Jan 2018
Congintive said:
Yeah, I think too, in fact, it's the best I've ever read/watch really used to love to love ru before because it has the potential of being the one but that ending lowered my expectations the only thing Go-toubun is lacking is that it can never end on a harem route.

I take back what I said about it before the last few ch completely ruined it for me the ending is on par with To Love Ru which despite being my most fav of all time become shit because of that fucking ending I wonder why author have to ruin beautiful manga with shit endings also, never gonna read any rom-com harem ever again at least Isekai ones are better in this prospect.
Dec 25, 2019 8:37 AM

Nov 2019
It's my favorite harem ever. it was shuffle for a decade but i think i like this one a little bit better, mainly because i like all the characters, and that never happened to me in an harem manga.
Dec 25, 2019 1:10 PM

Sep 2018
No. Not with the direction the manga took in the last couple chapters, it could go up some ranks but currently...never.

It was good tho.
Dec 25, 2019 1:20 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
MY GIRL DIDN'T WIN NOT BEST HAREM ANIME EVER ANYMORE ;_; ;_; ;_;

Dec 25, 2019 5:42 PM
Sep 2016
yup. along with we never learn, the world god only knows and heaven's lost property
Jan 27, 2020 9:06 PM
Feb 2016
No, its not even better than fucking nisekoi

5toubun is a more generic romcom than any other..
Jan 28, 2020 5:42 PM

Nov 2007
Haruba Negi is not a good author. His story lacks good narrative. Anyone reading this to start on the manga better look elsewhere for a better romcom. This is a 6/10 at best. But that is because of the initial promise.
Coronavirus.
Jan 28, 2020 6:33 PM

Jul 2017
In terms of "uniqueness", then it's certainly up there. Not really about the characters but more so the plot itself and how it develops

But in terms of characters, lol no. Lots of other harems that have better protagonists (Grisaia, Trinity Seven, World God Only Knows, etc.) and many more that have better girls (Date a Live, Nisekoi, hell even Infinite Stratos)
Jan 28, 2020 9:00 PM

Apr 2016
Nope, not at all. Good art though.
Jan 29, 2020 4:09 AM

Nov 2007
The fact that it has maintained over 8.25 in MAL is quite baffling. Once more readers read this run of wacky chapters until the end, the score is bound to go down. Or, I would think people have very low standards to identify writings that are abysmal and clueless. This could really go down to the fact tgat many people don't have experience with good writing, confining themselves to only few stories and think they are experiencing something amazing thanks to the initial hype tgat got them on board, lol.

6/10 and I am being awfully generous.
Coronavirus.
Jan 29, 2020 7:40 AM

Dec 2017
Biggest harem shipping war? Sure

Best Harem series? nope
Jan 30, 2020 12:56 AM

Feb 2018
I am usually not a harem fan but I enjoyed this manga a decent amount earlier on, but that enjoyment has been fading quite a bit, and currently I don’t feel like seeing any more of it.
Feb 11, 2020 2:22 PM

Jan 2016
It was definitely one of the best I've read, but not now unfortunately as everything after 112 ruined what was a great manga.

Kami Nomi is still the harem king and this was the only manga that could come close to rivaling it at one point.
But bad decisions like the mistreatment of Itsuki while the manga is clearly titled "5 equal brides", a very rushed ending, disqualifying Ichika early on, us readers never get to understand how Futarou even started to love Yotsuba, baiting all Itsuki fans and not even giving Itsuki a kiss as opposed to everyone else, making Yotsuba a completely different character all of a sudden just unfortunately let so many of us down.

But I won't forget the absolute joy of reading this for 112 weeks, Tuesdays became my favorite day of the week after Friday (One Piece and shounen jump in general) because of this manga. It has THE best harem cast til date in my opinion because the characters are actually like living characters instead of being cardboard cutout "anime girls" personalties like most other harems.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 4 Discussion

ichii_1 - Oct 13, 2017

6 by Matheus050 »»
Nov 24, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 60 Discussion

Congintive - Oct 31, 2018

34 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 16, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 47 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 21, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 44 Discussion

badbass55 - Dec 25, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Sep 30, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 88 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shanimebib - Jun 3, 2019

50 by FreedomCanned »»
Sep 28, 2023 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.