Forum Settings
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 28, 2019 7:42 AM

May 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

This felt so rushed but I guess it was necessary a time skip to end this.

Well all of them got a happy ending but the ending was so regular...

In a good note Kurumi is alive, YAY!
LastLuminescenceNov 28, 2019 7:45 AM
Nov 28, 2019 8:20 AM
Mar 2015
Just glad they did not get nuked Randall did something right for once The little girl was cute at the end
Nov 28, 2019 8:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Bit of a rushed/sudden ending perhaps but it's not that bad... though I can't say it was particularly great either

Regardless, feels weird to see this be over at last. I think it's safe to say that Gakkougurashi passed its peak quite a while ago, but it was really damn good when it was at its best and that's still what I'll primarily remember it for
Nov 28, 2019 12:13 PM

Nov 2013
damn it's always so sad when a story ends :(
Not fully content with the ending, but i was long certain it would be quite rushed, so i feel ok.
Once thing I'm dissatisfied is they never told if the pandemic was global, one town or Japan only. It also made me sad how every girl went their own way.
I can't imagine the trauma left for LIFE.
Yuki, as expected from her, stayed at her beloved school, now as a teacher - though i'd say it's insanely creepy to teach at a school where shitloads of your classmates and hundreds of other kids died, as well as the entire freaking town! won't horrible flashbacks haunt her?
Nov 28, 2019 9:24 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty bad and rushed ending honestly. I still love this manga. Still my favorite manga and one of my favorite shows, but I feel like this might have gotten canceled or something which is why it got rushed. Still love you Gakkougurashi.
Nov 28, 2019 11:35 PM
Sep 2019
I'm very confused when i saw the time skip. It's kinda rushed i think :/ I thought kurumi is dead because in the last chapter yuki say goodbye to her. And when i saw the little girl i thought yuki is crazy again thinking that she is a child but fortunately she is a teacher. I feel like there's still many stories to be told, but they ended it like this. Well i still love it tho
Nov 29, 2019 3:41 AM

May 2018
A terrible ending to a manga with great potential.
Two pages covering content that could have lasted an entire volume.

It's a shame, I really liked the manga... I gave it a 10/10 but I would have to rethink the score. Also, the lack of Kurumi in the last chapter (1 panel? C'mon) disturbs me.

Nov 30, 2019 4:21 PM

Sep 2017
the end still got me emotional bc of how grown up yuki became but it really did feel rushed.
im not sure if the mangaka was getting ill,or the editor/publisher said they needed to end it as fast as possible but...

they spent so much time in the past chapters expanding on what happened,characters etc etc so it stands out that the ending was so rushed? it also imo barely made any sense with the whole randall thing,guess it felt kinda cheap but maybe that's because a lot of the fans made theories that were a bit too good and got peoples (mine) hopes up.

not complaining,im just giving my own criticism towards it,still one of my favorite despite all this.

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Nov 30, 2019 8:26 PM

Sep 2016
I had liked this series a lot, so the abrupt ending was a bit painful. It's nice the girls all got their happy endings, but still.... I wish it had been more than just one chapter with a time skip.
Dec 1, 2019 12:38 PM

Dec 2014
it ended...although I thought it would lean towards a sad end...I like how they parted and all..and yes it was not rushed... screw you people
Dec 3, 2019 12:24 AM

Jun 2017
Uhm...
Is Yuki at the end still delusional? If that is true(I say this because they say she is unemployed and because why would people make their children attend classes in a rotten building) then it's a sad end for probably the most interesting character in this manga

Overall, the last 2-3 chapters felt rushed but i can't deny that i enjoyed the ending, for what it was at least
It closed some arcs but it didn't really take his time to end properly

Did i like the ending? Yeah, kind of
It could have been better? Of course but i have the feeling that the author was not feeling well during these past months:in fact the serialization was highly inconsistent

Thank you Gakkou Gurashi, you have been a good read and a really "cute" take on the survival horror/psychological genre, i just wish that you had been able to manage your time better
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Dec 5, 2019 12:22 PM
Dec 2019
I think the final chapter was showing Yuki's imagination of a happy ending rather than a proper happy ending for the girls. This can be suggested by what the little girl who looks like a smaller version of Yuki (the hat and hair) says compared to what Yuki says in chapter 1. Both characters say similar things saying something like: 'I really like school these days' etc...

Not only this but the library girl from the university claims that Yuki was still unemployed which contradicts with the fact that Yuki is now a teacher.

Dec 5, 2019 7:37 PM

May 2016
porocarry said:
I think the final chapter was showing Yuki's imagination of a happy ending rather than a proper happy ending for the girls. This can be suggested by what the little girl who looks like a smaller version of Yuki (the hat and hair) says compared to what Yuki says in chapter 1. Both characters say similar things saying something like: 'I really like school these days' etc...

Not only this but the library girl from the university claims that Yuki was still unemployed which contradicts with the fact that Yuki is now a teacher.

It can be volunteering? I don't think the author would have give this series a bad ending so I don't support your idea, but was interesting.
Dec 6, 2019 6:30 PM

Mar 2015
Unfortunate rushed ending but we knew that was coming.
Dec 6, 2019 9:26 PM
Apr 2018
The ending is not bad and i like the ending but the problem its rush its better if explain the ending in better way
Dec 6, 2019 11:53 PM

Jan 2015
Didn’t really like the finale, it felt a forced happy ending.
Seeing Yuki as a teacher was very touching.

Oof, after that I’ve been following for 6 years this manga if still feels a bit sad to see it end, but it was for the best.

Started as a 10/10, ended as a 6/10
Dec 7, 2019 3:17 AM

Aug 2013
Honestly this is completely opposite of what I was expecting. Glad it's over.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 7, 2019 6:21 AM

Jun 2019
Why the hell this felt so rushed.
But, glad to see happy ending for them.

8/10
Dec 7, 2019 5:43 PM
Oct 2015
6/10 ending. But whatever, the rest of it was great. Kind of wish Kurumi actually died.
Dec 7, 2019 6:45 PM

Sep 2017
I did think at the end of the last chapter there would need to be some kind of quick fix resolution in this one. The last 20-25 chapters were paced very slowly but kept their fate on a knife edge the entire time, so it didn't seem possible to handle individual main character deaths in only one chapter, or just have the content of the final chapter be "and they all died, the end"

A time skip is a somewhat basic way of wrapping everything up in a very limited time, and I think we could've had the exact same ending 10-15 chapters earlier without it feeling any more sudden or rushed than it was. However the final arc still maintained a decent level of tension even if it didn't have the same energy and light/dark balance the school and university arcs had, and a kind of flat ending doesn't change the quality of what came before, so I won't be changing my rating, but totally understand anyone who was disappointed with the final arc

Also re Yuki being unemployed but also a teacher, it seems like the others traveled to pursue careers but she stayed behind in what's still a largely underpopulated town without a functioning school to give the kids who do live there some form of educational structure, just not in any official capacity
Dec 8, 2019 7:56 AM
Jun 2017
8/10 manga for me even with the somewhat rushed ending. It could have been far worse but I'm satisfied with the ending we got. Though it did kind of freak me out since the kid's monologue is really similar to Yuki's monologue at Chapter 1 where her perfect school life was all a delusion. I'm glad that wasn't the case, though. The ending is also a perfect opprtunity for a Comedy SoL/CGDCT spinoff where we just see fluff and fanservice.
Dec 8, 2019 6:37 PM

May 2018
Definitely a rush ending but oh well, still a happy end
Dec 12, 2019 7:20 PM

May 2014
Wow, that ending was better than expected. I was really happy with that ending, though I agree it was rushed (but as expected). I was really in for a sad pessimistic end where everyone died, but this was really not something I expected. Glad to see all the girls survive. How nostalgic to see one of the student behave just like how Yuki did and now she is a teacher. That's really very charming to see. Looks like she and all the other girls have lived up to Megu-nee's expectation. She would be proud if she were still alive. I bet her soul is still watching over them.

I have been reading this sine august 2015 which makes it 4 years following this manga. What a great ride. One of the better manga I have read. The tension and action is just perfect paced. No doubt that I will give it 7/9. It's worth it.
mangalicker94Dec 12, 2019 7:27 PM
Dec 18, 2019 2:02 PM

Nov 2016
HaXXspetten said:
I think it's safe to say that Gakkougurashi passed its peak quite a while ago, but it was really damn good when it was at its best and that's still what I'll primarily remember it for

EXACTLY.

Overall the manga was great; The ending was expectedly rushed but I am SO glad Kurumi got out of there alive. Quite sad that everyone got separated cause of their new lives and all but yeah.
Lovely ride!!

Dec 20, 2019 1:01 AM

Jan 2018
I also felt it was rushed... :(
Dec 20, 2019 10:36 PM

Nov 2008
It was rushed but Best Girl Kurumi survived so I'm not going to complain. xD

Mii looks pretty with longer hair. :3 I also like how Yuki is following in Megu's footsteps; it makes sense for how she always looked up to her.

Now HOW Yuki got skilled enough to become a teacher is a whole other mystery...xD I guess she just decided to buckle down on the books, finally.

Dec 28, 2019 10:24 AM

Mar 2013
From what I've heard the writer for this series was keen to end it and wrap it up a long time ago, so not at all surprised if it was a rushed ending, especially if the person behind it had no desire to keep it going.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jan 1, 2020 1:49 AM

Oct 2007
after years of following this manga. Glad to see Yuki survive, and she's recovering mentally as well. To the author, thanks for giving us this manga.
Jan 2, 2020 12:17 AM

Nov 2016
wait the manga ended?
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Jan 12, 2020 8:53 PM

Jun 2012
I tried to update the DB entry for Gakkougurashi! as completed but it hasn't been changed. Maybe someone else can try so we can mark this series as completed? It finished on November 22, 2019 with 78 chapters in 12 volumes.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Jan 19, 2020 7:45 AM

Feb 2011
Can we please get this set as completed it has been almost 2 months.
Jan 23, 2020 6:12 PM

Apr 2015
RevanFanatic said:

Ikr. I just submitted an edit thing but assuming that other people have done it as well already, I don't think anything will change.
Jan 26, 2020 7:40 AM
Dec 2011
Magister_Jakene said:
RevanFanatic said:

Ikr. I just submitted an edit thing but assuming that other people have done it as well already, I don't think anything will change.

It seems they did update the thing either last night or this morning.
Jan 26, 2020 4:57 PM

Apr 2015
TheImmortalOne50 said:
Magister_Jakene said:

It seems they did update the thing either last night or this morning.

Oh really? Shit, looks like my edit request actually did something
Feb 6, 2020 6:18 AM

May 2015
Oh god, the tears wont stop. The anime for this is my favourite anime of all time so finally finishing the manga is emotional as hell. I loved Megu-nee so seeing Yuki get called "Yuki-nee" is killing me. Seeing Yuki become a teacher is so beautiful to see. Im also glad she stayed in that school. It really brings it all full circle to the theme of "School Live".

I loved this series and it sucks to see it go, but all good things must come to an end.

School Live, you were beautiful, you were great, absolutely love you.
DarknessRealityFeb 6, 2020 6:44 AM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 7, 2020 3:44 AM

Jun 2015
I finished this a few days ago but I just... Wasn't satisfied :(
The ending felt SO RUSHED. But that last scene... made me emotional to say the least
Okay now fellas can someone adapt the arcs after the s1 finished? They're more epic and would make for an amazing post-apocalyptic/ thriller anime, which would challenge the CGDCT sub-genre.
PLEASE!
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Mar 9, 2020 7:00 AM
Mar 2020
So no one's gonna talk about Yuri's possible crush/why Kurumi can't walk anymore or what job Mii has?
What disturbs me more is that Kurumi was such a great character yet in the past idk 20 chapters we barely got nothing except that she's just lying there. A bit sad that the scene after the time skip was too short/ ended to fast. Like wished there were a scene where they actually met again or something
Mar 24, 2020 9:34 AM

Jun 2017
So, yuki is delusional again but now she pretends she is a teacher... Pretty sad

May 5, 2020 8:04 AM

Feb 2010
That's it? man it was so rushed but we could see this coming... honestly i expected more tragic end like all of them die and it's all actually Yuki's imagination, but oh well this is good.

7/10

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

May 20, 2020 3:29 AM

Oct 2018
I have mixed feelings about this ending.

The time skip is too sudden IMO, it was rushed.

But I'm glad everyone has survived, even Kurumi.

And I'm curious if those children at the end were real, or Yuki has went back to her delusions... If she has, then that's pretty sad, and kinds disappointing. And I'm curious how the others (would) feel about that...

Well, it was good, I would like to see the rest of this manga animated one day, but I know it will never happen though.

One last thing I'm very disappointed with it that we didn't get to see Kurumi at least waking up, and a touching reunion. I wanted to see that so badly. Well, never mind.

I'm giving it a solid 8/10.
-Aincrad-May 20, 2020 3:37 AM
May 21, 2020 4:10 AM

Sep 2013
-Aincrad- said:
And I'm curious if those children at the end were real, or Yuki has went back to her delusions... If she has, then that's pretty sad, and kinds disappointing. And I'm curious how the others (would) feel about that...
I actually think this is supposed to be the least ambiguous part about the ending, especially given what Miki says about her being a hero. Like, we know that Yuki is delusional at times, but she puts herself together when its necessary.
Jul 2, 2020 4:44 AM

Jun 2009
Thank fucking god everyone survived. When they showed "ghost" Kurumi helping Yuki along with Megu-nee and the researcher chick I swear to god I thought it was over for her.

Yeah, as far as final chapters go, this wasn't great but it also wasn't bad. Overall I really enjoyed this manga (MUCH more than I thought I would).

Gets an 8/10 from me.
Oct 27, 2020 11:03 AM

Jul 2017
How Kurumi cure her virus isn't shown on the manga, but i love it because Kurumi not death
G
Dec 3, 2020 7:45 AM

May 2020
Well, that's that I guess. Overall, I do think the manga lost it's steam towards the end. Rushed ending but what're you gonna do. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it, even though there were some things that could've been improved upon. 7/10 although it was a solid 8 in the beginning.
Dec 29, 2020 2:40 PM

Jul 2012
I'm not usually one for time-skip endings but you know what, I'm acually not complaining about this one.. yes, I would have liked some stuff to be more detailed and developed but it wasn't necessarily bad.

Overal and despite me not being a big fan of the University arc, this manga had a very particular charm that got me so invested in it throughout everything...

I'm actually sad to finally let it go (even though I'm late reading the latest chapters) since I've been following it since 2014... It was a really good ride and will still remain as one of my favourite manga
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jan 16, 2021 4:56 PM

Mar 2020
It was a really great ride! The time skip really surprised me. The ending feels like it could have been a bit better (like showing more of the characters and a little reunion) but overall I am satisfied because I think it was setting up for the sequel. I am not sure whats left to this story though? I guess I'll have to read it to find out
Feb 3, 2021 1:56 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
As many other commenters on this thread I agree that the ending felt rushed and the time skip kinda came out of nowhere. I guess it was to be expected from how the chapters were being released. Nevertheless, seeing Yuki all grown up in Megu-nee's place and starting a new school made me pause for a second and go back to how it all started. It was moving.

More so, the ride was quite emotional to say the least. All those little and big moments of tension between the girls and the horrible scenarios they came across and how they managed to overcome them with a brave face speak volumes of the mental strength needed.

Overall, I'd say it's an 8.5/10 for me. I may read the sequel in the near future though it seems to be still in publishing state.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 10, 2021 1:50 PM

May 2016
I'd be lying if I said that I enjoyed the last handful of chapters of this otherwise enjoyable manga...

The weirdly big reliance on Bowman to advance the Randall plotline was kinda excusable despite feeling a bit forced, especially with the lie detector part. It's unfortunate that I couldn't just ignore how messy the pacing and how strange the writing became starting at the moment they returned to Megurioka to get the miracle water.

As much as I liked the girls to have a happy ending like they did here, it was rushed as hell. Shit hitting the fan for everyone only for them to be alive and happy like what happened was just a bad dream at the very last chapter didn't help at all either. There's definitely a reason for how this turned out from behind the scenes but I'd rather not speculate on it.

My disappointment towards the ending aside, I really liked this manga. The first arc definitely was undoubtedly the best one and the middle arc was pretty decent too. It was a fun ride overall and I commend this manga for it's fairly unique take on the post apocalyptic genre~

Mar 3, 2022 11:26 PM

Dec 2012
Glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed the gradual drop in plot quality from chapters 60ish onwards. Everything became too convenient.

Ending felt rushed, and not really realistic. We know how things usually go in a post apocalyptic world based on other media. You think they'd like those frail japanese girls off unscathed? At best they'd become lab rats, at worst... well, I don't wanna think about it.

But hey, at least it was a happy ending. That's good right? I wish the author at least vaguely hinted that the whole timeskip was made up by Yuki, but then again an open ending is hardly satisfying, even less than one like this.

Kurumi still best girl (how is she alive?) let no one forget that she fucking got someone killed LMAO, it was never ever brought up again, nor did she feel any remorse about it. Based Kurumi.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Apr 5, 2022 10:03 AM

Sep 2020
Was expecting a sad ending, but okay.
I too have the feeling the manga was rushed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Chapter 74 Discussion

Wongus - Jun 29, 2019

14 by _elvira_ »»
Feb 29, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Chapter 67 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2018

16 by _elvira_ »»
Feb 28, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Chapter 62 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2018

18 by _elvira_ »»
Feb 27, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Chapter 36 Discussion

Drake1000 - Jul 13, 2015

13 by _elvira_ »»
Feb 25, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Chapter 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

20 by _elvira_ »»
Feb 24, 3:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.