Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 28, 2019 12:15 AM
Oct 2016
Hey guys! The troll bots seem to have stopped their attack on Chihayafuru 3. If you guys like the series even in the slightest, please consider rating it 9 or 10 to counter the 1/10 scores. You can always go back to change your score to whatever you think is suitable if and when this mess gets sorted.

I realise that this is only a temporary solution, and that the bot attack could resume if the score rises. But it will also display our strength as a community, and if the same incident occurs twice for the same show, MAL will have to take quicker actions.

Thanks for your time!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 28, 2019 12:47 AM

Sep 2019
Titanx2111 said:
Hey guys! The troll bots seem to have stopped their attack on Chihayafuru 3. If you guys like the series even in the slightest, please consider rating it 9 or 10 to counter the 1/10 scores. You can always go back to change your score to whatever you think is suitable if and when this mess gets sorted.

I realise that this is only a temporary solution, and that the bot attack could resume if the score rises. But it will also display our strength as a community, and if the same incident occurs twice for the same show, MAL will have to take quicker actions.

Thanks for your time!!
It has already occurred twice as once the score was raising but war no.2 is no more (maybe). Let's see if war no.3 will start.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Nov 28, 2019 1:50 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
You do realise that's hypocritical, right? Boosting an entry that way is committing the same kind of score manipulation that you're complaining about. I'd also argue that attempting that would only provoke further retaliation (as it already has) -- it's a vicious cycle, and that would only cause it to keep on turning.

A long-term solution is being worked on right now (there isn't a magic Fix button that some people seem to assume we have), so please wait it out. This would only create more work to resolve the issue.

Although I'm not personally attached to Chihayafuru, it annoys me as much as anyone else, so I understand your feelings. However, emotional knee-jerk responses are rarely helpful.
ShymanderNov 28, 2019 1:56 AM
Nov 28, 2019 3:24 AM

Jun 2019
Titanx2111 said:

Thanks for your time!!

This is in my opinion as stupid as creating bots to downvote the series. When the problem gets solved the normal score with return eventually. Boosters are no better than downers...
Nov 28, 2019 4:50 AM
Aug 2018
I voted Chihayafuru with the maximum score, and vinlang saga 1 because it's shit, according to me. Chiahayafuru deservers even more than the maximum.
Nov 28, 2019 4:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yeah no this ain’t helping. Two wrongs don’t make a right
Nov 28, 2019 5:22 AM

May 2018
I have been giving Chihayafuru 10/10 even before the bots happen.
Nov 28, 2019 7:11 AM

Apr 2018
Best way to show your love would be to talk about the show where you can, raise awareness about this unjustified trolling scenario and of course post your reviews in here. When you scroll down an anime profile page and see only detailed review with 10,9,8 even 7 is decent, that's a good sign. Detailed and genuine reviews, because tbh I'm not gonna upvote a sketchy review, with either good or bad rating, just because it flatters my opinion about the show.
Nov 28, 2019 7:21 AM

Mar 2018
Not needed, there already have been bots spamming 10's. I'm starting to think this was a scheme by Chihayafuru fans to generate pity and emotionally manipulate people into giving 10's. Simultaneously spreading propoganda to the weak-minded that every other currently airing anime has a shit fandom or is a shit work.

IwaOi-KHRStan said:
I voted Chihayafuru with the maximum score, and vinlang saga 1 because it's shit, according to me. Chiahayafuru deservers even more than the maximum.

Wow, calm down. Even favourites full of Haikyuu. Typical degenerate female anime fan.
poop
Nov 28, 2019 7:43 AM

Apr 2016
Well for me Chihayafuru 3 was 9/10 before the bot attack started

Nov 28, 2019 7:50 AM

Sep 2019
Esquirtit said:
Not needed, there already have been bots spamming 10's.
Way less than 1/1 bots
Esquirtit said:
I'm starting to think this was a scheme by Chihayafuru fans to generate pity and emotionally manipulate people into giving 10's. Simultaneously spreading propoganda to the weak-minded that every other currently airing anime has a shit fandom or is a shit work.
A shitty speculation you're doing here and nothing more.

Esquirtit said:
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

Wow, calm down. Even favourites full of Haikyuu. Typical degenerate female anime fan.
What's that thing with Haikyuu?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Nov 28, 2019 7:50 AM
Jul 2017
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

You are then no difference from trolls. Giving anime 1S because you just think some of their fans attack your favourite anime is stupid. I still like vinland saga and chihayafuru and I will never change my score for any anime i have watched due to trolls
Nov 28, 2019 7:54 AM
Nov 2018
being the fan i am of chihayafuru i was so confused as to why season 3 was losing rating because it continues off from season 2.. then realizing why it was so slow im just shocked at the community

i can never imagine something like this happening in the 2000s over an anime, pretty bad some of the anime community has been brought to some levels as this
Nov 28, 2019 8:02 AM

Mar 2018
Peeti said:
Way less than 1/1 bots

True.

Peeti said:

How do you know?

Peeti said:
What's that thing with Haikyuu

Older women who think it's good only because it has attractive young boys.
poop
Nov 28, 2019 8:05 AM

Aug 2014
Titanx2111 said:

Thanks for your time!!

Not your personal army.

Apart from that I like the series, but I don't rate anime I watch to counter-manipulate the ratings of some stupid living beings, but based on the overall quality, characters, story and enjoyment. If this season deserves a 9 or 10 I'll see when episode 24 is released.
Nov 28, 2019 8:07 AM

Sep 2019
Esquirtit said:
Peeti said:
Way less than 1/1 bots

True.

Peeti said:

How do you know?

Peeti said:
What's that thing with Haikyuu

Older women who only think it's good because it has attractive young boys.
because any fan wouldn't have thought of downvoting it as it was already #1 in top anime airing list. Why a fan will bring his/her/etc. anime from number one spot.
Nov 28, 2019 8:10 AM

Mar 2018
Peeti said:
Esquirtit said:

True.

How do you know?

Older women who only think it's good because it has attractive young boys.
because any fan wouldn't have thought of downvoting it as it was already #1 in top anime airing list. Why a fan will bring his/her/etc. anime from number one spot.

After the damage was already done, like 4-5% 1/10 votes, they brought it down even more with all their power. This is clearly not sarcasm by the way.
poop
Nov 28, 2019 8:34 AM

Feb 2019
I mean, it's has a perfect score already. 6.91.
Nov 28, 2019 8:41 AM

Jan 2015
Doing the same thing but in reverse won’t solve the problem, it’s even more immature
Nov 28, 2019 8:47 AM

Jan 2018
This is a vicious cycle. I think you should forgive people who did it, because they will realise that score is not the ultimate measurement.
Nov 28, 2019 9:14 AM
May 2016
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

I'll do the same and downvote vinlang saga
Nov 28, 2019 9:51 AM
Jul 2019
ninka22 said:
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

We don't need to do that, we are not like them.
Nov 28, 2019 1:08 PM
Aug 2018
ninka22 said:
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

I downvoted it way before this happened, because i dislike vinland saga and I find it annoying and stupid. And since itìs CLEAR that the culprit are vinland saga fans acting like stupid jojofans, this is what it deserves.
Nov 28, 2019 1:14 PM
May 2019
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

That's definitely a mature thing to do. You're no better than the trolls who downvoted chihaya so sad.
Nov 28, 2019 2:50 PM

Nov 2018
Esquirtit said:
Not needed, there already have been bots spamming 10's. I'm starting to think this was a scheme by Chihayafuru fans to generate pity and emotionally manipulate people into giving 10's. Simultaneously spreading propoganda to the weak-minded that every other currently airing anime has a shit fandom or is a shit work.

IwaOi-KHRStan said:

My man has Asuka - a heavily sexualized 14 year old girl in his favorites list and he's really calling women who like Haikyuu degenerates when Haikyuu doesn't have any fanservice of the guys.

Typical degenerate male anime fan.
ApricckNov 28, 2019 3:34 PM
Nov 28, 2019 3:43 PM

Mar 2018
Apricck said:
Esquirtit said:

My man has Asuka - a heavily sexualized 14 year old girl in his favorites list and he's really calling women who like Haikyuu degenerates when Haikyuu doesn't have any fanservice of the guys.

1. Why does it matter that she's 14? She's German so it's legal. I like her because she's well-written in my opinion.

2. That woman is 28 and has a favourite list with multiple Haikyuu installments. We both know she makes her own fanservice.

poop
Nov 28, 2019 5:06 PM

May 2018
I just hope the mod/admin fix this problem while it still under current airing status.
Nov 29, 2019 12:27 AM

Jun 2019
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Shymander said:
You do realise that's hypocritical, right? Boosting an entry that way is committing the same kind of score manipulation that you're complaining about. I'd also argue that attempting that would only provoke further retaliation (as it already has) -- it's a vicious cycle, and that would only cause it to keep on turning.

A long-term solution is being worked on right now (there isn't a magic Fix button that some people seem to assume we have), so please wait it out. This would only create more work to resolve the issue.

Although I'm not personally attached to Chihayafuru, it annoys me as much as anyone else, so I understand your feelings. However, emotional knee-jerk responses are rarely helpful.

Boosting a series is not even 10% as bad as rating it 1/10 since 10/10 barely help the score while 1/10 bring it down fast
It's simple maths
Boosting is not the issue for MAL. Downvoting is

I think that no one will question the maths part, but the act of boosting is the same of downvoting in the sense that it makes the average change arbitrarily by the will of just a few at the expenses of the general thoughts (or feeling) about an anime. It is like supporting vote rigging to prevent a dictator from being elected in the Chihayafuru case (I may be slightly exaggerating here...). If people disagree, they can write a review.
Nov 29, 2019 12:29 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Shymander said:

Boosting a series is not even 10% as bad as rating it 1/10 since 10/10 barely help the score while 1/10 bring it down fast
It's simole maths
Boosting is not the issue for MAL. Downvoting is

It's not about effect equivalence. Both methods are blatant score manipulation, doesn't matter if it's by 1.00 or 0.01. Boosting is 100% as much of an issue as downvoting, the latter is just more prevalent. Many of the accounts downvoting Chihayafuru are upvoting Boku no Hero Academia, so...
Nov 29, 2019 1:00 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Shymander said:

It's not about effect equivalence. Both methods are blatant score manipulation, doesn't matter if it's by 1.00 or 0.01. Boosting is 100% as much of an issue as downvoting, the latter is just more prevalent. Many of the accounts downvoting Chihayafuru are upvoting Boku no Hero Academia, so...

The effect equivalence DOES matter a lot what do you mean?
You mean to tell me a 0.01 score manipulation is as bad as a 2.00 score manipulation?

That's... literally the opposite of what I said. Any intentional score manipulation is bad, period.
Nov 29, 2019 1:02 AM

Nov 2018
Esquirtit said:
Apricck said:

1. Why does it matter that she's 14? She's German so it's legal. I like her because she's well-written in my opinion.

2. That woman is 28 and has a favourite list with multiple Haikyuu installments. We both know she makes her own fanservice.

Okay, so let's go by your fanfic here that this random woman who you know nothing about is into the underage boys in Haikyuu just because she likes the anime. Japan's age of consent is 13, so what makes her more of a degenerate than you for having Asuka in your favorites?
Nov 29, 2019 1:46 AM

Jun 2019
Apricck said:
Esquirtit said:

Okay, so let's go by your fanfic here that this random woman who you know nothing about is into the underage boys in Haikyuu just because she likes the anime. Japan's age of consent is 13, so what makes her more of a degenerate than you for having Asuka in your favorites?

This whole discussion is nonsense. Why throwing law articles for 2D characters whose written age does not mean much? (for me, Asuka seems to be 12) Naru from Barakamon is a favorite character for 3,191 people on MAL. Should we call the police?
Nov 29, 2019 2:26 AM

Sep 2017
Those who give a high score just to boost a series are just as pathetic as those trolls.
I gave Chihaya a 9 because I think the show deserves it. Grow up.

Nov 29, 2019 4:19 AM
Nov 2019
I don’t watch the show but I dropped it a 10, I feel really bad that the toxic people within the Vinland(and maybe other fandoms?)that downrated a show out of pure spite and saltiness. I hope that the issue gets resolved soon
Nov 29, 2019 7:13 AM

Nov 2018
Meusnier said:
Apricck said:

This whole discussion is nonsense. Why throwing law articles for 2D characters whose written age does not mean much? (for me, Asuka seems to be 12) Naru from Barakamon is a favorite character for 3,191 people on MAL. Should we call the police?

I agree that it's nonsense lol, watching a show with underage characters or liking them doesn't make you a pedophile or a pervert and it's ridiculous to argue that it does.
Nov 29, 2019 7:58 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Shymander said:

That's... literally the opposite of what I said. Any intentional score manipulation is bad, period.

Yes but some score manipulation is worse than other score manipulation
So not solving the 1 ratings because it should be done with the 10 ratings as well is not really justified

It makes the score more disingenuous than it already was while creating more work to fix the problem. It's not "solving it" by any definition. You say that like there's a "right" score to bring it back to, but how would you know what that is, exactly?
ShymanderNov 29, 2019 8:01 AM
Nov 29, 2019 8:02 AM

Mar 2018
Apricck said:
Esquirtit said:

It actually isn't though.

Bruh why you take this so serious? Never heard of fujoshis? It's just a joke.
poop
Nov 29, 2019 8:15 AM

May 2015
But why? It's not a race.

People who like the show know it's good regardless of the score. If the low score discourages people from finding or checking out the anime, well, usually people start with the first season so they should see that everything is fine there and by the time they reach the 3rd season their opinion will be already formed. If the score still has some influence on someone, it's their loss. Correcting the score just for the sake of some justice or whatever is pointless. Especially considering it will be corrected sooner or later through official means anyway.
Nov 29, 2019 2:26 PM

Nov 2018
Esquirtit said:
Apricck said:

It actually isn't though.

Bruh why you take this so serious? Never heard of fujoshis? It's just a joke.

It is pretty hard to tell it's a joke if it's right after a clearly serious statement lol
Nov 29, 2019 5:08 PM
Feb 2017
Meusnier said:
Titanx2111 said:

Thanks for your time!!

This is in my opinion as stupid as creating bots to downvote the series. When the problem gets solved the normal score with return eventually. Boosters are no better than downers...

well said :) im glad to see other people think the same way i do
Nov 29, 2019 9:53 PM
Discord Moderator
Shiroyasha

Aug 2011
Chihayafuru is good. Have a nice day.
Nov 30, 2019 7:50 PM

Jan 2015
8-bit said:
Chihayafuru is good. Have a nice day.

The only good comment in this shitty forum.
Nov 30, 2019 10:16 PM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
New admin update on the situation here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=4750#msg58736434

Kineta said:
Yesterday, the development team and Luna+I reached an agreement on a first phase approach to combating the rating troll problem, with subsequent dev phases following the first to make the system more robust against malicious attacks.

Development will begin next week and a site-wide announcement will be posted once the first phase of the system is deployed. Please give us a bit more time for the tech team to implement our numerous demands and for us to test the output to investigate any unanticipated problems. This issue is high priority and we would like it resolved as quickly as the community does.
Dec 3, 2019 10:19 PM

May 2009
Thread Locked

Please use this thread to discuss the ongoing Chihayafuru score issue. Make sure to read the first post before posting.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.