Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2019 8:03 AM

May 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Before watching: Expecting cute creatures doing cute things (^^)
Half way in: awww, so cute (*´∇`*)
Towards the end: *unexpected reveal* ゚ロ゚
End: burst into tears (´;ω;`)

I could really relate to Pengin and Hiyoko-chan.
Heartwarming movie. Kids' movie yes, but adults may very well enjoy watching as well.
I definitely recommend watching!

Apr 14, 2020 11:40 AM
Jan 2013
Wonderful movie!~~
Jun 7, 2020 7:26 AM

Aug 2015
I love the Sumikko Gurashi characters, so I was really happy to hear that it was getting a film!
That ending though ;-; so sad
Jan 17, 2021 7:20 AM

Oct 2017
I thought it was just a film for 5-6 year old kids, but it is very good and made me cry.
Jul 15, 2022 8:38 PM

Mar 2010
Dang it had such a sad ending!! Poor Runar. Very sad that it could not go with its friends :(
Aug 25, 2022 10:25 PM

Feb 2014
Yo that was actually...really good??? Tbh I had no expectations for it, but it was honestly genuinely funny!! But shit that ending was so sad though ;_; glad that they drew more friends for the chick in the book, but it was still really bittersweet. Deffo a 9/10 from me!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2023 6:18 PM
Mar 2019
Thought i would like this more.
Too much going on.
Feb 16, 10:49 AM

Jun 2023
this is genuinely a great movie - as a diehard sumikko gurashi lover i was not let down.
i was a little sceptical of them going into the stories at first, but my goodness by the end i was super taken by it. the ending had me crying so much, it completely broke my heart!! that was definitely unexpected since i went into this expecting to have a heartwarming, cute and happy storyline but came out uncontrollably crying (kind of embarrassing) but i'm glad i'm not the only one who was so touched by this movie!! the word 'bittersweet' to describe the story is most definitely fitting.
runar and penguin?'s friendship especially was so wholesome, as well as the sumikko family dynamic in general - they all really do love each other. all the characters are drawn super adorably of course, and the addition of some other cute characters like the bean master, ogre and more :3 made me super happy. what confused me a little though was the translations of the characters' names - they are different according to different subs. which was interesting lol.
10/10 would definitely recommend!! make sure you have tissues on hand though. :'')

p.s. should i add the characters to the mal movie page?
schwing~ 

More topics from this board

» Info.

tsubasalover - Jul 9, 2019

1 by musashisakai »»
Nov 18, 2019 7:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.