Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 28, 2019 1:52 AM

Apr 2014
well,

何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 28, 2019 2:51 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode that brings even more drama with it...

Himawari + 1

Is Pansy all right?
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 28, 2019 3:38 AM
Jan 2011
The rival finally enters. He looks just like joro with different color eyes.
Nov 28, 2019 4:12 AM

Jul 2014
I'm glad that Tsubaki doesn't have any ulterior motives and that it's Joro who had the problem this time. However, I don't think the show set that up last week at all, so I was kind of confused when we just jumped to Joro's inferiority complex without much foreshadowing (besides that one scene at the start of this episode). Still, the conflict itself worked despite that and despite dealing with the Pansy side of it a little too quickly and easily.

Also, the Himawari stuff kind of bothers me. Joro rightfully has a massive go at her for sacrificing her tennis practice and money to help him replace Pansy's book when he was working towards it himself and had it under control, but then mere moments later he apologises and the show basically disregards the entire conflict; what's the point of having the conflict if you're going to disregard/resolve it as quickly as you introduced it.

Also, and this is a question I could ask for Cosmos and ex-twintails (whatever her name is) too, but why does Himawari like Joro now? I know they're childhood friends at all, but the show seems to have completely forgotten about her feelings for Sun-chan and failed to really justify her feelings for Joro: with what we've been shown in these 9 episodes, the only way it makes sense for either Himawari or Cosmos to like Joro so strongly and so quickly after giving up on Sun-chan is if they liked Joro from the start and merely lied about liking Sun-chan to get even closer to Joro (but even that theory is littered with holes and issues).

And as for ex-twintails, I don't get her feelings at all, as all we saw was her berating Joro and then rightfully apologising after finding out the rumours weren't true. And then, she suddenly likes him too without explanation? What even is the point when she's barely a character at all so far?

Sad that the return of bench-kun was only for a moment this week, but hopefully the next episode expands on whatever's happening there (i.e. why is the first year who thinks Joro is a pervert asking him to help put Sun and Pansy together?).
AtavisticNov 28, 2019 4:19 AM
Nov 28, 2019 4:58 AM
Apr 2019
unfortunately this show has turned into a shit..
the first 3 episodes were all it worth for,, then nothing comes like.. I'm gonna drop this
Nov 28, 2019 5:08 AM
Jun 2017
I just love the episode....the emotions on here are all over. Between pansy and joro and himawari and joro...

That pansy and joro moment really made me think... is what Joro doing a bad thing? Well pansy just made him realized that he is only doing it so that he can have a face to show to everyone since all of his friends has some accomplishments in their life. Even of im in Joro's position and that thing also were said to me i might have the same reaction. Pansy is just a straight forward person that even if it can hurt you she will say it..

That himawari and joro moment is what i can say power of freindship...
Nov 28, 2019 6:22 AM

May 2018
Bench-kun return at the end is the highlight of this episode.
Nov 28, 2019 6:38 AM

Nov 2011
And now Himawari loves Joro out of no where. Yeah okay no one and I mean NO ONE will beat Pansy. She outshined everyone again in this episode.

Look how happy our girl was when Joro said he would help her. <3
SoraSenpaiNov 28, 2019 6:43 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 28, 2019 7:13 AM

Jul 2017
To repay for Pansy's book, Joro goes into part-time jobs to earn his money with help from Tsubaki. She's still angry about it though...

Fancy meeting classmates in school at his own workplace, that's the norm. THAT'S NOT ENOUGH for Pansy just yet...the reason why?

Joro, the wishful one, trying to accomplish what the others have on their belt, the one that needs it the most, pushes people away at his own selfish benevolence. When the lovable Pansy desires him to just be himself, he doesn't feel satisfied and pushes Pansy away, feeling inferior isn't what we're all wired for in life.

Joro may have met someone new, but I'd fear that he would be the rival of the equating trouble soon...

YET, when Himawari went ahead to meet Joro's needs, HE DID THE EXACT SAME THING to Pansy, NOW to her, being an asshole and a jerk to turn all things good to bad.

As much as he is a background character, all Joro needs is a WAKE-UP CALL to realize that as impartial as his thoughts, there're friends who would see him in dire straits, and provided him with help whenever he needs it, the loyal friends who pay each other back in equality with loving care. The tip is to accept it, and I'm glad he did.

Bench-kun makes a comeback, but with another problem...

Wait, next episode, recap.
Nov 28, 2019 7:24 AM

Sep 2017
AkeZZZ said:
well,

they even cut the best moments when pansy visiting joro's house tho, also they skipped the part when joro walks pansy home and pansy cheering up joro with her true form.
Nov 28, 2019 7:50 AM

Dec 2014
ok like who was hell is Yasuo Hazuki... hmmm the fun part was the bench in the end
Nov 28, 2019 11:12 AM
Sep 2019
bench-kun is going to come back! yay!

I hate the tsundere... I really do... The rest of the episode awesome as usual.
Nov 28, 2019 11:40 AM

Nov 2008
hikkiGOAT said:
What did Pansy mean when she says "you are saving face"?

They kind of wrote it in a complicated way but basically she's calling him out with how he's working to satisfy himself instead of 'out of kindness' and she won't fall for that and the only one he's fooling is himself.

That's why he got so angry.

Nov 28, 2019 1:59 PM
May 2016
9 episodes in and I still don't get why anyone likes this a-hole and goes out of their way to help him.
Nov 28, 2019 6:10 PM
Nov 2018
Unfortunately the stalker will not trigger Panji's death as frollo triggered Esmeralda's death in the hunchback of notre Dame. It would be an exciting end.

Nov 29, 2019 7:34 AM
Apr 2017
I think I didn't really catch the meaning of the main character realisation :

He decided to do things his own way ? Okay, but isn't it the same that he did before ? Working ?

What's the difference between erasing the debt he had and wanting to buy it ( the book ) ?
He does the same acts anyway but I know his mindset isn't the same and I don't understand that difference. If someone can explain i'll be grateful because I really like the start of the series ^^
Nov 29, 2019 8:39 AM

Nov 2017
Bench-kun strikes again to make Joro's life a living hell! XDD

Also, I really hope he ends up with Pansy and learns to appreciate her even more.
Nov 29, 2019 11:56 AM

Nov 2008
Vayct said:

He decided to do things his own way ? Okay, but isn't it the same that he did before ? Working ?

What's the difference between erasing the debt he had and wanting to buy it ( the book ) ?
He does the same acts anyway but I know his mindset isn't the same and I don't understand that difference. If someone can explain i'll be grateful because I really like the start of the series ^^

I'm not positive but I think it's a matter of "I feel obligated to do it" verses "I want to do it to make you happy."

When he told Pansy the latter one, she accepted his decision because that's what she wanted to hear.

At least, that's how I interpreted it.

Nov 29, 2019 12:07 PM

Mar 2019
This episode was kinda boring . The anime was pretty epic at first but then the harem started getting bigger and it's getting kinda cringy at this point. But Oh well Our Lord Bench Sama will make an appearance in the next episode!! I hope the plot gets better
Nov 29, 2019 1:22 PM
Apr 2017
Chiibi said:
Vayct said:

I'm not positive but I think it's a matter of "I feel obligated to do it" verses "I want to do it to make you happy."

When he told Pansy the latter one, she accepted his decision because that's what she wanted to hear.

At least, that's how I interpreted it.

I think I understood a bit, so instead of feeling obligated to help her ( which mean he just want to save his appearance ), he helps her because he doesn't want her to feel sad. Thanks ^^
Nov 29, 2019 7:50 PM

Nov 2015
this fucking stupid show... joro is non intelligent hysteric beach cuz
himawari actually done right, the fault wasn't his for the destroyed book. he still complains tho...
fucking double character tells somethin about protecc.. during all the show they mention the word protect (?) when there's nothing to protect-.. WTF

💢

Nov 30, 2019 1:53 AM
Sep 2019
This episode I decided to watch only for the plot, so guess what. I skipped the ops and the eds, I might drop because the decisions Joro makes are too bad for me! But rather than dropping, I decided to use the go forward 5 seconds button! Since I still want the plot.
Nov 30, 2019 9:25 AM

Oct 2008
Himawari, don't waste yourself to that Joro trash!
Himawari deserves a better dude!
3/5.

Nov 30, 2019 1:06 PM

Aug 2019
So far, the beginning episodes were really good, but then each episode that goes by seems to be either good or really good but not has good as the beginning episodes.

But this episode and the previous one seems to decent or quite enjoyable at times. What made this less enjoyable is that this has now turned into a harem.
Nov 30, 2019 2:04 PM

Nov 2014
Tbh I don't like it anymore. It was interesting at first, then Pansy and Bench carried it after anime went full harem. But now it's turning into over-drama'd harem. And while I like harems, forced drama, teenager one at that, is something I hate with passion.
I'll probably finish it, but I'm seriously worried about that last arc
Nov 30, 2019 3:22 PM

Oct 2019
Imohammed206 said:
so that girl at the end why did she ask him to pair Pansy with someone named Oga ?
who the hell is Oga anyway ? and why a girl wants Pansy to be with him not the Boy himself? this is kinda confusing
you will find it At the Minute 21:57
i did not know how to put a photo in this. sorry !

Oga is Sun-chan and that random girl at the end is a new character that will probably be introduced next episode. There is no motives as of yet that say that Pansy wished for someone to help her get together with Sun-chan though. Gotta wait till next week! :D
Dec 1, 2019 1:23 AM

Jan 2019
It's really strange to watch a harem anime where you like all the girls.

Dec 1, 2019 4:48 AM

Jun 2017
Good episode, I like the character development between Pansy and Joro. The one with Himawari is also good, she really seems to love Joro huh. Anyway, looks like Joro finally met that guy who somebody told me about in the previous forums, is this why Pansy is asking for help, I wonder.... Looks like the next episode is gonna be fun, because that bench has appeared again.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 1, 2019 9:19 PM

Feb 2018
Part time :) btw nice drama xD.
Dec 2, 2019 7:29 AM
Apr 2018
That Hazuki guy's va is Jun Fukuyama, right?
Dec 2, 2019 2:47 PM

May 2009
AkeZZZ said:
well,

Director is supposedly biased cosmos-fan
Dec 2, 2019 5:29 PM
Jun 2012
I was expecting another Kuzu no Honkai or something along the OregaIru lines after first 2 episodes but it turned into another normie harem comedy. It's not bad per-se but it's different from what I expected.
Dec 8, 2019 8:12 PM

Apr 2018
Well this episode was good except that last part though lmao, that was sudden
Dec 20, 2019 9:38 AM

Jun 2017
Bullshit.Forced drama. Pansy is getting more and more annoying. The part when MC yelling at Himawari was ridiculous.Himawari best girl.
Dec 23, 2019 12:56 PM

Nov 2016
Oh, look who's back.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 24, 2019 1:52 AM

Sep 2012
Maybe the manga is better paced but I feel pretty overwhelmed with the anime so far. It feels like there's way too many characters being added to the story when there's already enough.
Jan 2, 2020 7:35 AM

Aug 2017
Joro can't take a break lmao. He needs to gain more self confidence.

Bench-kun and the first year girl came back lol.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 17, 2020 10:09 AM

Aug 2017
MC is a shithead. School Days ending please.
MenchiK1 said:
9 episodes in and I still don't get why anyone likes this a-hole and goes out of their way to help him.

I agree, i badly want him to disappear
Feb 3, 2020 1:00 PM
Jan 2018
The recap 9.5 is pretty funny
Mar 29, 2020 8:52 PM

Mar 2019
I like how she got him to read it to send hm that message, makes it rather illustrious and intimate, knowing her stance on his two sides, that through the message she could ask that. He really grew in these 9 episodes, especially this one. Most of us can relate with the whole background character thing, but tsubaki exposed that in ourselves we should always see a protagonist. LOVE PANSY
Feb 13, 2021 4:36 AM

Jul 2015
That scumbag finally realised he isn't the background character now that he has a harem and a best friend to support him. Good to see in that last scene that Bench-kun hasn't been forgotten yet.

Mar 9, 2021 2:35 AM

Sep 2012
new for some reason i am starting to feel like the new guy is responsible for the book thing

GurenNoOu said:
So, hazuki yasuo i get the feeling that he is pansy stalker?

and i suspect hes behind the book drama

SoraSenpai said:
And now Himawari loves Joro out of no where. Yeah okay no one and I mean NO ONE will beat Pansy. She outshined everyone again in this episode.

Look how happy our girl was when Joro said he would help her. <3

out of nowhere no there has been slow shift to that direction always after heartbreak but last event made her realize that when he got mad cause she but her own dream at risk she so hes care and was so touched that she realized her feelings

2be hones i think hes friend was really hes crush from confusion teens are more often confused then adults and she really likes MC the hole time, same about the other girl Prez

in movie i watched a clip he says that they have always loved him and he didn't see it, he says it in hes mind when hes thinking back
Sugram22Mar 9, 2021 2:45 AM
Aug 6, 2021 8:28 PM
Jul 2021
Dude seriously I WISH this dude would grow some BALLS. For one, if some dumb BIATCH was ramming into me every time she sees me so hard that she KNOCKED all my shit onto the ground and damaged something that was REALLY important to someone else and now I have to get a damn job to replace it, I don't care how close her birthday is I would verbally BASH her brains in, that shit is unacceptable any time but after she ruins the book and makes him alter his life JUST to pay for it and make someone he is friends with bummed out, then its even worse. Not to mention now she's out of a book AND he won't be visiting her in the library anymore so she gets double F'd. But even stupider WHY does he LIE about the book not being important? She ruined it, it has nothing to do with her so lying about it's importance is meaningless, it was like a lie just for the writer to make him lie. Ugh that is so annoying on both sides.
Apr 12, 2022 3:57 PM

Nov 2019
It's almost like the guy who gave Joro advice was the main character from an alternate timeline/anime.
Oct 26, 2022 12:14 PM

Apr 2013
Half of this episode I had to facepalm... so much unnecessary drama created and of course Himaware is in love with him after all. What looks like an anti-harem anime became the the standard harem formula after just a few episodes.
Nov 10, 2022 7:22 PM

Oct 2022
We can see Joro experiencing his inferiority complex despite being the main character of the show and them being meta, however they have resolved it in the end too.

Himawari finally in action! Looks like our main trio of ladies are ready for the JoroBowl, this is about to get interesting as it goes. Let me also say that I love Himawari's bubbly kindness and joyous attitude all around. Joro's right having a friend like her in your circle is a great way for positivity!
Apr 3, 2023 3:53 AM

Jul 2020
ooof, of course all the characters in this show behave very inconsistent and irrational, but at this point I actually feel bad for Joro, he seems severely bipolar and his disease is progressing rapidly with every episode, the guy needs some serious help 
Apr 30, 2023 2:19 PM

Dec 2022
at this point they want make a random cliff hanger for us to watch the next episode its getting boring but i am all for it also I'm watching two anime at the same time so i watch one episode here another episode in a another anime so that means i really don't care what are they doing i cant get bored because I'm switching
Oct 7, 2023 12:48 AM

Feb 2020
That showdown with Himawari was so lovely. They knew they were lying to each other but still tried their best to assist.
Dec 10, 2023 6:40 AM

Nov 2023
Yehey, part time job. I wish I could get one too
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

234 by 28012001 »»
Apr 1, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

104 by 28012001 »»
Mar 27, 6:45 AM

» Is Manga better or Light novel for Oresuki?

BhuvanSiesta - Nov 15, 2021

14 by eiko_zade »»
Jan 29, 11:39 AM

» Could anyone explain the difference between the stories of anime and manga? Is it okay to only watch anime?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 19

3 by Efan »»
Jan 19, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Sep 28, 2019

259 by WhoIsLeon3556 »»
Jan 13, 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.