Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 27, 2019 5:08 AM
Oct 2015
chihayafuru's score is now 6.96!! who did that? this anime is very good and deserve at least 7.85/10. why there are so many people hate chihayafuru?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 27, 2019 5:11 AM

Mar 2019
Akram-Kun said:
chihayafuru's score is now 6.96!! who did that? this anime is very good and deserve at least 7.85/10. why there are so many people hate chihayafuru?
I think this show is easily an 8.5+. The score was a 6.92 not to long ago so there is some improvement I guess :)
Nov 27, 2019 5:48 AM
Mar 2019
Some trolls couldn't accept the fact that this was the highest rated anime of the season
Nov 27, 2019 6:48 AM

Sep 2019
4Plot said:
Some trolls couldn't accept the fact that this was the highest rated anime of the season
It was also defeating the shows of other seasons in ratings.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Nov 27, 2019 6:54 AM

May 2018
Why don't you take a guess.

And people said it's the work of Chinese. Yeah right.
Papa_ScorchNov 27, 2019 7:01 AM
Nov 27, 2019 7:00 AM

May 2015
Because some people are really pathetic losers with no life.

Nov 27, 2019 7:03 AM

May 2018
MehmetY said:
Akram-Kun said:

It's score was 8.60 two weeks ago (it's even rank #27 with 8.71 at RAL right now) but some Chinese people decided to downvote this show because of the manga author supports Hong Kong protests.

Naah,the Chinese had nothing to do with it. The down vote happen at earliest on 11 November while the author tweet on Hong Kong happen on 14 November.

This is the thread that first discuss about the down vote dated 11 November.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1810565
Slam Dunk's author,Inoue Takehiko also support Hong Kong but Slam Dunk didn't get down vote.Is Myanimelist even relevant in China though?
Papa_ScorchNov 27, 2019 7:12 AM
Nov 27, 2019 7:03 AM

Nov 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Because some people are really pathetic losers with no life.
Basically this above.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2019 7:41 AM

Mar 2012
There are more than a thousand users who have rated it with a 1/10. Alt accounts will most probably be taken care of at some point but looking at the number there seem to be plenty of salty losers who are simply adding it to their list to lower the score. If anyone is actually sticking around till season 3 despite not liking the first 2 season then they must be jobless masochists.
Nov 27, 2019 8:31 AM

Jun 2019
Maou_heika said:
There are more than a thousand users who have rated it with a 1/10. Alt accounts will most probably be taken care of at some point but looking at the number there seem to be plenty of salty losers who are simply adding it to their list to lower the score. If anyone is actually sticking around till season 3 despite not liking the first 2 season then they must be jobless masochists.

Since the question boils down to "Why evil exists?", I think that this is reasonable to refrain from trying to answer it here (Augustine and the fruits theft might be a good start though for this specific case).
Nov 27, 2019 9:11 AM
Apr 2019
MehmetY said:
Maou_heika said:

You can be sure %99 of the 1 votes are from fake duplicate accounts.

I'm also sure about that,if someone gives 1 to this one, I doubt that person hasn't watched a single episode of it. C'mon it's been amazing till now, as always. Anything less than 8.5 is a waste for sure
Nov 27, 2019 9:19 AM
Apr 2019
MehmetY said:
Sb98 said:

I'm also sure about that,if someone gives 1 to this one, I doubt that person hasn't watched a single episode of it. C'mon it's been amazing till now, as always. Anything less than 8.5 is a waste for sure

It has 8.71 score at RAL right now, without bots it's MAL score would be almost same probably.
Yeah,without any doubt
Nov 27, 2019 9:24 AM
Aug 2018
vinland saga fans are so pathetic and disgusting. I'm watching the series and i find it terrible, but they have crossed the line with this. Just give Chihayafuru 10/10 and 5/5 each episode as it deserves. This season is a masterpiece just like the previous two.
I really hope MAL would ban permanently those stupid trolls, ruining such a masterpiece for their stupid show.
Nov 27, 2019 9:52 AM

Apr 2010
This really got out of hand. The number of 10 and 1 are almost equal. Usually, I give score only at the end, and I guess others will do so too, but I feel like putting it before just to make a conta to all those 1 point idiots.

Nov 27, 2019 10:23 AM

Jun 2019
Gorochu said:
MehmetY said:

It's score was 8.60 two weeks ago (it's even rank #27 with 8.71 at RAL right now) but some Chinese people decided to downvote this show because of the manga author supports Hong Kong protests.

Naah,the Chinese had nothing to do with it. The down vote happen at earliest on 11 November while the author tweet on Hong Kong happen on 14 November.

Slam Dunk's author,Inoue Takehiko also support Hong Kong but Slam Dunk didn't get down vote.Is Myanimelist even relevant in China though?

Well, either you're wrong or the trolls are trying to imply that you're wrong.

Probably the latter, but it might also be possible that both sides(Vinland Saga fanboys and "Chinese patriots") are causing this issue altogether. Who knows?

ブレ
ブレ
ブレ
ブレ

Nov 27, 2019 1:02 PM

Jul 2012
EfiChan said:
This really got out of hand. The number of 10 and 1 are almost equal. Usually, I give score only at the end, and I guess others will do so too, but I feel like putting it before just to make a conta to all those 1 point idiots.
Yup. I wasn't planning on rating it until the end but I guess I have to for the sale of balancing things.
Nov 27, 2019 1:04 PM

Jul 2012
Steiner1411 said:
ChinesePatriot00 said:

Well I kinda did that, me and over a thousand other MAL members gave a minimum rating for a minimum quality season. Why is it wrong if the system allows it?

How childish can you be to create an account just to give this season a rating of 1 and vinland saga a 10 lol, people like you make MAL a cancerous place, just f**k off from here you braindead 12 yr old mofo
Just ignore the trolls. They will be dealt with soon. I'm pretty sure MAL will be censored in China in the future anyway so they'll have to find a VPN which is pretty difficult since most VPNs are blocked in China.
Nov 27, 2019 1:09 PM
Mar 2018
Mayuka said:
Steiner1411 said:

How childish can you be to create an account just to give this season a rating of 1 and vinland saga a 10 lol, people like you make MAL a cancerous place, just f**k off from here you braindead 12 yr old mofo
Just ignore the trolls. They will be dealt with soon. I'm pretty sure MAL will be censored in China in the future anyway so they'll have to find a VPN which is pretty difficult since most VPNs are blocked in China.

I hope you're correct, I usually dont have problems ignoring trolls but this has been too much, thank you for telling me tho
Nov 27, 2019 2:32 PM

May 2018
Shitaste said:
Gorochu said:

Well, either you're wrong or the trolls are trying to imply that you're wrong.

Probably the latter, but it might also be possible that both sides(Vinland Saga fanboys and "Chinese patriots") are causing this issue altogether. Who knows?

Like I said, the down vote already began before the author tweet. So it's not the Chinese. The troll only try to disguise itself as Chinese after someone mention a potential bots from China. It as I predict before. To quote myself yesterday.

Gorochu said:

-edit-
I won't be surprise if after this the troll decided to hide his intention by disguising himself pro China so that he can switch the blame onto others. He can do this by giving Chinese anime/manhua high rating in his bots or praise China in any form so that criticism deflected to the Chinese while he can protect his own favorite anime from criticism.
Perhaps our admin can tell us if he is from China but don't use his recent bots. I suspect he could fake his IP to China with recent talk about bots from China. Instead check his old bots OP address.

Chinese Patriot is a boring name. ChinaNumba1 sounds more fun.
Papa_ScorchNov 27, 2019 3:40 PM
Nov 27, 2019 5:31 PM

Jan 2018
it's just one random fat guy in his basement that hates chihayafuru with a passion, nothing more.
Nov 28, 2019 12:54 PM

Nov 2017
I bet the downvoter hasn't even seen Chihayafuru. Imagine he decides to check it out anyway because he's spend so much time doing this, then ends up loving it, and then hugely regrets everything he has done.

plz @ me
Nov 29, 2019 7:46 AM

Aug 2018
Nothing has been implemented to prevent more bots so trying to bring the score back up is a waste of effort. The weekend is coming up, bot creator is gonna have a lot of time on his hands.

MehmetY said:
Akram-Kun said:

This is not the reason, stop spreading rumors
The downvotes started from before this incident and later people started speculating so the bot creator decided to start creating account names with ChinesePatriot in it. He's most likely messing around because his initial 500+ accounts didn't have anything related to Chinese.

We have no proof that it's some Chinese people, so saying it as some fact is completely wrong. If you're gonna speculate, it seems the downvotes happened when the scores passed Vinland Saga to become the top airing anime.

Don't blame an entire country or fanbase for the action of 1 or a few bad apples.

IwaOi-KHRStan said:
vinland saga fans are so pathetic and disgusting. I'm watching the series and i find it terrible, but they have crossed the line with this.

The majority of Vinland Saga fans never asked for this. If anything this has led to people downvoting Vinland as well out of spite. It's a lose-lose situation for both shows.
It's just one stupid individual or maybe a handful at most that's responsible. Don't let this turn into a war between fandoms.
xLoopNov 29, 2019 7:52 AM
<Insert clever quote>
Nov 29, 2019 8:26 AM

Nov 2019
-InfiniteLoop- said:
Nothing has been implemented to prevent more bots so trying to bring the score back up is a waste of effort. The weekend is coming up, bot creator is gonna have a lot of time on his hands.

MehmetY said:

The downvotes started from before this incident

Do you have any proof of that?
The author of Chihayafuru liked and retweeted the post by Agnes Chow Ting, a Hong Kong social activist, around 13-14 Nov 2019.
In one MAL thread that created on 11 Nov 2019, the OP there posted a screen capture showing the score of Chihayafuru is equal with Vinland. Then by the 13 Nov 2019, two users there said that the score even surpass Vinland, rasing 0.03 - 0.04

-InfiniteLoop- said:
and later people started speculating so the bot creator decided to start creating account names with ChinesePatriot in it. He's most likely messing around because his initial 500+ accounts didn't have anything related to Chinese.

it could also be their attempt to obscure the trail that shows that they are the culprit.
Nov 29, 2019 8:41 AM
Nov 2017
I don't think it's some anime fanboys who downvote this. I think there is something wrong with what actually is going on.

Let's we look at Vinland Saga for example. Everyone speculate that this is most likely their work, but I don't think that is the case. If we look at the rating in this anime, if it is some animes fanboy, I'm really sure there will be at least one anime that suddenly goes upvoted. Hell, knowing how terrible Chihayafuru rating is, if it's all because Vinland Saga fanboy, I'm really sure Vinland Saga will got 8.8 or more in ratings. But no, Vinland Saga only got 0.01+ for the ratings. Sure, some trolls upvoted Vinland Saga as well, but a lot of them not.

The other case is the manga. Even FMAB fanboy never downvote the manga. Why did Vinland Saga fanboy needs to downvote the manga? Vinland Saga's manga has a high rating, they don't need to downvote Chihayafuru.

Also, it is so unlikely for Dr. Stone fanboy as well. If they are the case, I'm really sure Vinland Saga will become a victim as well. It's the same case for another anime below Vinland Saga.

So, the point is, I'm really sure it has nothing to do with all of this fanboy. It must be some certain people just downvote this anime and upvote another anime so they can get away with it.
Nov 29, 2019 8:56 AM

May 2018
-InfiniteLoop- said:

MehmetY said:

The downvotes started from before this incident and later people started speculating so the bot creator decided to start creating account names with ChinesePatriot in it. He's most likely messing around because his initial 500+ accounts didn't have anything related to Chinese.

We have no proof that it's some Chinese people, so saying it as some fact is completely wrong. If you're gonna speculate, it seems the downvotes happened when the scores passed Vinland Saga to become the top airing anime.

Don't blame an entire country or fanbase for the action of 1 or a few bad apples.

IwaOi-KHRStan said:
vinland saga fans are so pathetic and disgusting. I'm watching the series and i find it terrible, but they have crossed the line with this.

The majority of Vinland Saga fans never asked for this. If anything this has led to people downvoting Vinland as well out of spite. It's a lose-lose situation for both shows.
It's just one stupid individual or maybe a handful at most that's responsible. Don't let this turn into a war between fandoms.

This. Totally agree. Chihayafuru are not banned in China. If Chinese really piss off, they would have ban Chihayafuru but they didn't. It was only when the bots saw discussion about Chinese in thread,only then he decided to disguise himself as Chinese to bait people further. Before Chinese speculation being brought in, his accounts show no sign of Chinese.
Papa_ScorchNov 29, 2019 8:59 AM
Dec 2, 2019 3:06 AM

Jul 2015
Once anime finishes airing, all entries without at least three episodes of so will not be counted towards the score.

Dec 2, 2019 10:37 AM

Mar 2016
IwaOi-KHRStan said:
vinland saga fans are so pathetic and disgusting. I'm watching the series and i find it terrible, but they have crossed the line with this. Just give Chihayafuru 10/10 and 5/5 each episode as it deserves. This season is a masterpiece just like the previous two.
I really hope MAL would ban permanently those stupid trolls, ruining such a masterpiece for their stupid show.

Why can't I be a fan of both? Granted, I'm just a fan of the Vinland Saga manga as I haven't started the anime yet.
Dec 2, 2019 2:39 PM
Jun 2014
the misconception is that the downrating is a work of any group.

it's just one or a couple of individuals who are creating tons of accounts to downrate

Then maybe some more people trying to be edgy and also rate 1/10 (for whatever reason)
Dec 3, 2019 10:17 PM

May 2009
Thread Locked

Please use this thread to discuss the ongoing Chihayafuru score issue. Make sure to read the first post before posting.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.