Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 27, 2019 1:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, we got more storytelling focused on Gowther again. The episode revolves around him dealing with emotions, which is important to his present character.

Not much action but still a way to show a lot about Gowther. Nice outfit lul I'm really glad they showcased Gowther's relationship with Nadja in the anime.
Nov 27, 2019 1:24 AM

Nov 2007
Everyone searching for doll guy, who wanting to "take care of" his memory for it's making himself painful.

45 years ago. He's screaming when seeing a lady w. purple hair after waking up (he has been sleeping long after what happened then?). She's a princess.

She has a younger brother who seems to see a vision of a way underground.

3000 years passed? He saw real body's dead body... She gave him a book, which he read it in seconds and changed his hair as blond. Showing his heart, and she was not feeling well (she has a weak body to begin with, it seems).

He carried her up and her brother seems to fond of him, too, that led him wear maid outfit. They fell in love with each other.

It seems like he saw everything in future that she is happy before death.

Others thought he killed her because the soldiers saw after he gave her heart. The two in previous arc and later the witch found him and stop him from erasing his own memory. It seems like he has his own power (or created his own heart).

Info. part this ep. about that lady featured in this ep., w. king confirming that she's his sister.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 27, 2019 6:54 AM
Apr 2018
Ngl I was so devastated when I read it in the manga. And I read this extra chapter first before the actual manga lol
Nov 27, 2019 8:43 AM

Jun 2016
good story , honestly this series should get score between 7.5 ~ 8

but they are talking about white blood and someshit and voted low score to this series !!!

pretty dumb ..
Nov 27, 2019 11:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I really liked this episode because it was about Gowther, nice to know more about him
Nov 27, 2019 12:48 PM

Sep 2018
Its interesting to see that none of the "Sins" didnt really commit the sin they were charged for...
Gowther was a character that i really liked from the start and now he'll get even better,cant wait to see more of his greatness animated!
well that's just my opinion.....
Nov 27, 2019 1:28 PM
Dec 2016
So for anyone who hasn’t read the manga in it nadja and gowther actually have sex in it (it doesn’t show anything explicit but it happens) which is why the knights assumed he’d like raped and killed her when they burst in and find them. Guess with all the censoring their doing the anime decided to not even risk including that scene despite it not showing anything but I personally feel it really hurts his backstory not to have it since now it feels like a stretch that they thought his sin was lust
Nov 27, 2019 1:46 PM

Apr 2012
This one episode brought redemption to the entire series. I loved it from start to finish, gowther is indeed a great character!

Farmaceut said:
Its interesting to see that none of the "Sins" didnt really commit the sin they were charged for...
Gowther was a character that i really liked from the start and now he'll get even better,cant wait to see more of his greatness animated!

Every single one of them did commit the sins they were charged with one way or another. They might not have done it willingly, knowingly or they did it out of good intentions but they are all correct.

Meliodas did destroy an entire kingdom out of wrath.
Gowther did have sex with the princess and lusted for her.
King did waste his time for hundreds of years while his friends and kingdom needed him. Sloth at its finest.
Ban is the epitomy of greed, can't see anyone twisting that differently

I don't think or cant remember if Merlin, Diane or Escanore's sin has properly been revealed yet. But I am pretty certain they will all line up the same way, and we can see Escanor's pride coming from a mile away
Nov 27, 2019 2:04 PM

Sep 2018
Fluxje said:
This one episode brought redemption to the entire series. I loved it from start to finish, gowther is indeed a great character!

Farmaceut said:

Every single one of them did commit the sins they were charged with one way or another. They might not have done it willingly, knowingly or they did it out of good intentions but they are all correct.

Meliodas did destroy an entire kingdom out of wrath.
Gowther did have sex with the princess and lusted for her.
King did waste his time for hundreds of years while his friends and kingdom needed him. Sloth at its finest.
Ban is the epitomy of greed, can't see anyone twisting that differently

I don't think or cant remember if Merlin, Diane or Escanore's sin has properly been revealed yet. But I am pretty certain they will all line up the same way, and we can see Escanor's pride coming from a mile away

Well i kind off agree and disagree, Meliodas did destroy the kingdom because of his emotions but everyone in the kingdom where already dead and city was destroyed(his sin is that he didnt menaged to save them)
I dontGowther loved Nadja so he ripped his own heart to give it to her but to guards it looked like he raped her and killed her.
King lost his memories and forgot who he was, it was not really his fault but he still didnt stop his friend in time.
Ban's sin was "to satisfy his greed for eternal life he killed Holy Maiden" - and we all now that didnt happen.
Diane's sin was:because of her envy towards Matrona, she killed her,but in reality humans shot Matrona with poison arrow and blamed Diane for the crime(and Matrona wasnt really dead).
FarmaceutNov 27, 2019 2:30 PM
Nov 27, 2019 2:35 PM

Apr 2012
Farmaceut said:

Diane's sin was:because of her envy towards Matrona, she killed her,but in reality humans shot Matrona with poison arrow and blamed Diane for the crime(and Matrona wasnt really dead).

Aaah yeah I completely forgot about it, probably because it was the weakest of them all. Though if I remember correctly Diane was envious of Matrona, because in her eyes Matrona was more confident and competent.

That was also the point I was trying to make. All of the sins/emotions were there. Even though in reality they didnt give in, or the truth was twisted in some way.
For me it perfectly fits that even the slightest hint of the sins showing in the characters, that lead to disastrous effects in the end.
Nov 27, 2019 2:42 PM

Sep 2018
Fluxje said:
Farmaceut said:

Aaah yeah I completely forgot about it, probably because it was the weakest of them all. Though if I remember correctly Diane was envious of Matrona, because in her eyes Matrona was more confident and competent.

That was also the point I was trying to make. All of the sins/emotions were there. Even though in reality they didnt give in, or the truth was twisted in some way.
For me it perfectly fits that even the slightest hint of the sins showing in the characters, that lead to disastrous effects in the end.

I agree, their sins are more of a character trait than an actual crime.
Nov 27, 2019 4:14 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
I had a feeling that was how Gowther lost his heart 😭
Good episode for feels & backstory, aside from a few bits of janky animation & editing 🤨
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Nov 27, 2019 4:55 PM

Jul 2017
Full-on episode exposition on Gowther, the doll that wants to be loved, but can't because his heart is in a different place. And also, a side story from the manga, but nevertheless, it's been ages since we've had a side story adapted in this series.

Transported back in time, Gowther lands in the Fairy Forest, only to be seen by Princess Nadja and Bartra, and they took him in.

But the price to pay for the real and the doll, as much as he is a messenger of sorts, even with Nadja he STILL couldn't express nor experience real love, rendering him emotionally unstable when he tries to relinquish his memories.

And the Seven Deadly Sins have made the point to revive him, and revive they did, sealing his memories within the heart.

What a sad episode, but a needed closure between the real and Doll Gowthers.
Nov 27, 2019 7:32 PM
Nov 2019
The voice actor of Little bartra is Yamaya Yoshitaka. Just said this so the voice actors and actresses in this show can be updated
Nov 27, 2019 7:42 PM

Oct 2015
I was glad to have this episode, so I can see Gowther fall in love too. He's so usually neglected by the series, and that makes me upset.

His backstory was a tiny bit emotional, if only him and Nadja had one of those last passionate nights. Too bad, as it Would've added a spark at the end.

But I felt like it was overdramatic with the seven deadly sins in the mix, particularly with Diane.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 27, 2019 8:46 PM

Oct 2017
Gowther and Nadja's story was a sorrowful one but it was good to see Gowther with emotions. Also nice his memory came back.
Nov 27, 2019 9:04 PM

Jul 2017
Nice story. Gave me some Up vibes.

Too bad that action sequence towards the end was kinda terrible tho.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Nov 27, 2019 10:13 PM

Feb 2010
I didn't cry, it was just male sweat dripping through my eyes.
Nov 27, 2019 11:26 PM

Aug 2015
This episode brought tears to my eyes as well especialy when the melodic version of Perfect Time was in the background while Gowther was riding the horse, the story of Gowther is realy emotional and his appearance is so perfect, he will always my favorite character of Nanatsu no Taizai.
Nov 27, 2019 11:39 PM

Jan 2008
Is it just me or was this episode heavily censored? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I could have sworn Nadja died after her and Gowther had sex.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Nov 27, 2019 11:39 PM

Nov 2019
Gowtherrrrrrrrrr <333
Nov 28, 2019 4:41 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was one heartbreaking episode!

I'm just glad Bartra was aware of the truth though, Gowther is a real sweetheart. Sounds like events in the manga played out differently but I'm glad they kept the 'sex' out of this, it would feel pretty awkward like that imo.

So that's how he's gotten the Lust of Sin title. Interesting how this their titles have based on past events though, unintentionally albeit. Like I realised this earlier with Ban's case but this pretty much solidifies it. I'm curious to know why Merlin is the Sin of Gluttony now.

I'm guessing we'll get flashbacks from the original Gowther soon. I was always a little curious why Gowther was made a male and the info drop here really piqued my interest, can't wait to see that unfold!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 28, 2019 5:04 AM

Jul 2014
I'm glad that we finally got Gowther's backstory after all this time, and it was interesting and highly compelling/
Nov 28, 2019 8:42 AM
Sep 2019
This was actually a good episode, animation was fine and it's normal they cut something from the story where they had sex. All in all, it was my favourite episode of the season so far
Nov 28, 2019 2:24 PM
Mar 2015
Great backstory for Gowther with Nadja
Nov 28, 2019 4:56 PM
Jun 2017
love this episode, as we have seen some Gowther back story.. and how he does have his heart...
Nov 28, 2019 8:28 PM

May 2018
Finally Gowther is back at his old state and that the king still supports him, so it was just him running away at his past.

Nov 29, 2019 1:03 AM

Feb 2018
kevin_video said:
Is it just me or was this episode heavily censored? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I could have sworn Nadja died after her and Gowther had sex.

Yes it is heavily censored. They had sex on manga
Nov 29, 2019 11:27 AM

Mar 2017
This was my favourite part of the manga but it just did not feel as meaningful or have the same emotional impact in the anime. I felt like Gowther's past was rushed and insincere and that's really sad because it changes everything about his character!

I did find it really sad though thanks to the VA's amazing work! He did very well at making Gowther come across first as child-like then as vulnerable and emotionally broken and then finally happy at the end of the ep
Nov 29, 2019 7:01 PM

Aug 2018
i guess Ban will have a character arc too in the next episode based on its name and the current trend
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Nov 29, 2019 7:14 PM

Aug 2018
I was afraid we'd go down another past arc but it eventually took end quickly. Feeling bad for Gowther, "life" did not go easy on him but now he seems stabilized in his body & soul
Nov 30, 2019 12:05 AM

Mar 2013
...Did they make Nadja's breasts bigger? I swear she had a smaller chest in the manga.
Dec 1, 2019 4:19 AM
Jul 2018
What a great episode! *.*

I actually knew what would happen but It was sad to see the animation version as well..

Gowther is just adorable.. I love him <3
Dec 1, 2019 1:21 PM

Jan 2015
If having a heart brings me so much pain, I don't want it. I don't want to remember anything!

I feel you Gowther!
Really enjoyed this episode.
Dec 2, 2019 6:39 AM
Apr 2015
is this anime still doing flashbacks ??!!
Dec 3, 2019 2:28 PM
Apr 2016
I was, like, okay much drama wow such feels did not cry once though. And then they started kicking Gowther I outright laughed. This is a bad sign. This series is losing momentum, it feels like each new episode is a new development that was not planned before, to make the series look even more profound. I would not like to believe so... but yeah.
DragonIncursio said:
is this anime still doing flashbacks ??!!

Half the story is backstory which happened behind the scenes. A rather questionable storytelling trope, but it does not mean the idea is bad by default.
Re:formed
Dec 5, 2019 7:35 AM

Feb 2014
This episode reminds us why the show is called the Seven Deadly Sins. Each of the Seven sins hold so much pain to their creed. Gowther's was heartbreaking. The heart he always yearned for was always within him.

gadboyz said:
kevin_video said:

What chapter does Gowther's flashback start on?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 5, 2019 4:56 PM

Feb 2018
dasprn said:
This episode reminds us why the show is called the Seven Deadly Sins. Each of the Seven sins hold so much pain to their creed. Gowther's was heartbreaking. The heart he always yearned for was always within him.

gadboyz said:

It was extra chapter. Chapter 211.5
Dec 5, 2019 10:11 PM

Oct 2008
That was a superb episode centered around Gowther!
5/5.

Dec 5, 2019 11:46 PM

Feb 2014
gadboyz said:
dasprn said:

It was extra chapter. Chapter 211.5

Thanks. I forgot that arc.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 8, 2019 6:22 AM

May 2015
Poor gowther. burning like witch
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 10, 2019 10:27 AM
Apr 2016
For Gowther out of all people, to have a love story... Pretty sad and nice I'd say.
Dec 19, 2019 8:33 AM
Mar 2019
Jeez.. poor Gwother..
He lost everything..
"If having a heart brings me pain, I don't want it"..
Dec 20, 2019 11:39 AM

Dec 2014
ok Gowther past expl;ored the episodes have been so great
Mar 24, 2020 5:41 PM

Feb 2013
He got all his powers back now, cool.
Aug 6, 2020 10:55 AM

Jan 2020
good ep ab gowther
Aug 16, 2020 11:24 AM

May 2020
This is the first time I've ever seen mental disorder addressed in an anime. He seems to have a split personality.

Also this is pretty corny... "Oh you had a heard within you all along, you just had to believe in yourself." Like wtf is this?
Sep 17, 2020 6:10 PM

Apr 2009
man, this episode was going so good, up until the last couple of minutes when they caught him- booo
cool gore with sad and desperate Gowther though,
and yeowch, what Gowther will continue the story from here =,='?
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Sep 17, 2020 6:19 PM

Apr 2009
sk8head said:
This is the first time I've ever seen mental disorder addressed in an anime. He seems to have a split personality.

Also this is pretty corny... "Oh you had a heard within you all along, you just had to believe in yourself." Like wtf is this?

oh,... i'm curious what type of anime you've seen then, since i've come across it several times from different anime.
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Oct 14, 2020 11:56 AM
Jul 2017
Not a huge fan of Gowther, but this one was pretty good. Glad that is taken care of. Seems like powerups for everyone. Moving towards some more even level fighting with the 10 Commandments maybe?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 28, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.