Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 29, 2019 7:54 PM

Oct 2019
shanimebib said:
holysauron said:
Did anyone see this in Hanano back when she was introduced? Her character growth since then is amazing and her standing up against Taichi's mother was beyond impressive.

Suou Meijin sure is a weird and cocky guy, but pretty enjoyable to watch. I wonder if what he said to Arata is foreshadowing though.

Are you a Class A?

NO! DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT THAT NASTY GUY SAYS! I WANT ARATA TO KEEP HIS PROMISE WITH HIS GRANDFATHER.

Joking.

Yeah, he can be pretty perceptive and reads people well. Everything will come to light sooner or later so hold on tight. It's gonna be a good ride!

But I like Suou-meijin a lot. I like his cocky attitude. Makes me want to root for him! And he looks dope with his shades!

I swear everytime you write "Are you a Class A?" it gets smaller and smaller, might just be me tho, either way I love it.
Nov 29, 2019 8:07 PM

Nov 2007
Fionavar said:
shanimebib said:

Are you a Class A?

NO! DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT THAT NASTY GUY SAYS! I WANT ARATA TO KEEP HIS PROMISE WITH HIS GRANDFATHER.

Joking.

Yeah, he can be pretty perceptive and reads people well. Everything will come to light sooner or later so hold on tight. It's gonna be a good ride!

But I like Suou-meijin a lot. I like his cocky attitude. Makes me want to root for him! And he looks dope with his shades!

I swear everytime you write "Are you a Class A?" it gets smaller and smaller, might just be me tho, either way I love it.

Please have a dorayaki.

But Kyoko-tan totally broke my heart when she completely ignored Suou-meijin trying to give her a dorayaki before the matches started. </3

I know readers need to make sure their voice is in top condition and they cannot eat anything that might influence their voice before the matches, but it was still so sad seeing her ignore him like that and head straight to the room. </3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 29, 2019 8:28 PM

Feb 2011
LOL!!!^ Above posts are something else: Suo thinks himself like physic about who has the ability to become Meijin ( and with that low voice of his was hilarious: otherwise why I couldn't stop laughing while I was watching this episode, lol): about Arata case Suo claims that he doesn't have the potential of becoming one as it yet: well soon enough we will get to see Arata's true ability that hasn't be unleashed yet: he still needs to know more about his strength and the weakness for him to get stronger. Now he's separated the promise to his grandpa and his dreams there he will know what he needs to approve more in karuta and knowing more of his inner strength from the heart. Another awesome episode, WANT MORE!!!!!!

Poor Arata, his stomach rollercoaster ride was terrible we understand your pain completely, Arata... hang in there.
sweetangieNov 29, 2019 8:42 PM
Nov 29, 2019 8:55 PM

Jul 2009
Loved this episode because Suou is one of my favourite characters, and of course the focus on Taichi and his character development. Sumire standing up to his mom was a really great moment too - really showed how her focus went from herself (getting closer to her to get closer to him) to him and how he felt when she told her off. Plus, I like that Taichi realized that he wants to change, but also wants to stay true to himself as well. Man, such a good character. Harada going HAM for this, seriously, he's 57?! Gosh, pushing himself a bit too hard maybe >_< I do know how this ends up turning out, but it's kind of funny how everyone wants Arata to beat him ... except I suppose Suou knows he's gonna win :P Nice to see Shinobu as well in her awesome clothes LOL XD
Nov 30, 2019 12:14 AM

Dec 2015
shanimebib said:
holysauron said:
Did anyone see this in Hanano back when she was introduced? Her character growth since then is amazing and her standing up against Taichi's mother was beyond impressive.

Suou Meijin sure is a weird and cocky guy, but pretty enjoyable to watch. I wonder if what he said to Arata is foreshadowing though.

Are you a Class A?

Joking.

Damn, do you react to everyone in this thread?

But yeah, Suou-meijin sure is interesting. I'm not sure whether I like him or not though because I haven't seen enough of him yet. But yeah, perceptive he is.
Nov 30, 2019 11:32 AM

May 2016
Another great episode, Suou still in college is funny and sad at the same time.

Arata being the next mejin would be really nice lets hope it becomes true.
Nov 30, 2019 11:55 AM
Mar 2015
Suo is still in college because he failed German 4 years in a row. He only passes it now because he is ready to retire as Meijin It almost appears that he failed on purpose in order to stay in college. Since in Japan you can only be in college for your undergraduate for 8 years he has to pass German and graduate or he will not be able to continue as an undergraduate

The karuta association is upset that he has not graduate because it makes them look bad for a their Meijin to take 8 years to graduate They are happy that he is going to graduate and retire as Meijin
landofthekwtNov 30, 2019 12:01 PM
Nov 30, 2019 12:35 PM
Apr 2018
sweetangie said:
LOL!!!^ Above posts are something else: Suo thinks himself like physic about who has the ability to become Meijin ( and with that low voice of his was hilarious: otherwise why I couldn't stop laughing while I was watching this episode, lol): about Arata case Suo claims that he doesn't have the potential of becoming one as it yet: well soon enough we will get to see Arata's true ability that hasn't be unleashed yet: he still needs to know more about his strength and the weakness for him to get stronger. Now he's separated the promise to his grandpa and his dreams there he will know what he needs to approve more in karuta and knowing more of his inner strength from the heart. Another awesome episode, WANT MORE!!!!!!

Poor Arata, his stomach rollercoaster ride was terrible we understand your pain completely, Arata... hang in there.

Yea i love how he is finally getting his character development. Its so much needed after all he's been through especially in his childhood and his personal struggle after the death of his grandpa.
Now he is back to his calm karuta style with his grandpa's style added, he will become more awesome and skilled.

That run to the bathroom was funny though poor guy his stomach must be rumbling like hell, Yuu doesnt cook that well i suppose xD
Nov 30, 2019 2:19 PM

Feb 2008

Sumire has grown a lot. Of course, it is a given considering her endgame goal.

Mashima is facing his challenges head on, despite his lingering uncertainties. No easy day for him.

And hopefully Wataya will also learn that he needs to become more as a person. Who better to point that than the reigning Meijin. Perhaps Wataya ought to take a page out of Mashima's book?
Nov 30, 2019 6:33 PM

Mar 2019
Harada Swinging his arm at the start making taxis stop was just hilarious
Dec 1, 2019 9:13 PM

Feb 2011
Kipo0007 said:
sweetangie said:

Yea i love how he is finally getting his character development. Its so much needed after all he's been through especially in his childhood and his personal struggle after the death of his grandpa.
Now he is back to his calm karuta style with his grandpa's style added, he will become more awesome and skilled.

That run to the bathroom was funny though poor guy his stomach must be rumbling like hell, Yuu doesnt cook that well i suppose xD

Oh yes, seeing Arata character development always brings a great impact for the fans: full of surprises we can't predict which makes it more amusing. I can't wait for the next episode, seeing a new episode of Chihayafuru really makes my day.

Poor Arata, his trip to the restroom must be harsh on him, especially in the middle of a tournament which makes it worse. -_-
Dec 1, 2019 9:17 PM

Nov 2007
@sweetangie: One of my regrets of Chihayafuru in animated form is how we never saw Arata's adorably blushing face imagining Chihaya in a swimsuit. :P

Those who never read the manga will never know the cute lewd side of my boi Arata! <3
Coronavirus.
Dec 1, 2019 10:36 PM

Feb 2011
shanimebib said:
@sweetangie: One of my regrets of Chihayafuru in animated form is how we never saw Arata's adorably blushing face imagining Chihaya in a swimsuit. :P

Those who never read the manga will never know the cute lewd side of my boi Arata! <3

@shanimebib OMG: Yes, seriously I really wish this scene was animated ( just a still scene showing Arata holding a magazine in ep 16 the recap episode, but it's not enough because it never is shown in detail of that scene: where Arata's mom bought Arata's cell phone, Arata put his hands together towards his manager for his payment: boy, that would be a funny Arata moment to see, seeing Arata's fantasizing Chihaya in a bikini was adorable:, his blushing face always strikes my heart from his cuteness. xD Now in the third season, WE ARE SEEING MORE OF ARATA'S CUTENESS WITHOUT HOLD BACKS: YES BRING IT AND THERE'S ALOT MORE TO COME ( ESPECIALLY WHAT HAPPENS IN CH 119: OMG, OMG I'M SO DYING FOR IT!!!!!!)
Dec 1, 2019 10:49 PM

Nov 2007
@sweetangie: I even bought a pink cover for my phone and used it for two whole years because of Arata! You have no idea how much his cute stuff means to me (although I am more closer to Taichi as a person IRL). I think opposites attract is true for me, haha!

No spoiling! I know what you mean but my favourite moment of this season would be actually a bit *cough* later *cough*. I will let you know when it happens! ;)
Coronavirus.
Dec 1, 2019 11:11 PM

Feb 2011
shanimebib said:
@sweetangie: I even bought a pink cover for my phone and used it for two whole years because of Arata! You have no idea how much his cute stuff means to me (although I am more closer to Taichi as a person IRL). I think opposites attract is true for me, haha!

No spoiling! I know what you mean but my favourite moment of this season would be actually a bit *cough* later *cough*. I will let you know when it happens! ;)

Gomen... ;b I GOT OVERLY EXCITE: six years after the second season there's finally a third season, it feels like a dream except for IT'S REAL ( and YES I'M SO DYING TO SEE THIS CHAPTER GETTING ANIMATED THE MOST: I have to say it's my most favorite chapter so far), this excitement just won't stop here, we all get warm and hype feeling when a new episode arrives every week: this is for me it's rare to come by.
sweetangieDec 2, 2019 1:25 AM
Dec 2, 2019 6:31 AM
Apr 2018
sweetangie said:
shanimebib said:

@shanimebib OMG: Yes, seriously I really wish this scene was animated ( just a still scene showing Arata holding a magazine in ep 16 the recap episode, but it's not enough because it never is shown in detail of that scene: where Arata's mom bought Arata's cell phone, Arata put his hands together towards his manager for his payment: boy, that would be a funny Arata moment to see, seeing Arata's fantasizing Chihaya in a bikini was adorable:, his blushing face always strikes my heart from his cuteness. xD Now in the third season, WE ARE SEEING MORE OF ARATA'S CUTENESS WITHOUT HOLD BACKS: YES BRING IT AND THERE'S ALOT MORE TO COME ( ESPECIALLY WHAT HAPPENS IN CH 119: OMG, OMG I'M SO DYING FOR IT!!!!!!)

Wait did Arata really imagine chihaya in a bikini and blushed? Which chapter in the manga i think i didnt see this one? please tell me. i dont wanna miss out on Arata's lewd blushing face xD
Dec 3, 2019 2:22 AM

Feb 2011
Kipo0007 said:
[Wait did Arata really imagine chihaya in a bikini and blushed? Which chapter in the manga i think i didnt see this one? please tell me. i dont wanna miss out on Arata's lewd blushing face xD

This part happened in ch 35 ( yup, a chapter WAY BACK, if this would been animated it could of been in ep 20 from the first season) it's too bad for us Arata fans we wouldn't get to see this part animated, even so IT HAPPENED: OMG just reading it back really got me excite all over agian: ARATA IS SUPER ADORABLE, imagine Chihaya wearing a bikini made him embarrassed that his face got ALL RED, HOW CUTE, HE'S SO ADORABLE!!!!!!
Dec 3, 2019 2:26 PM
Apr 2018
sweetangie said:
Kipo0007 said:
[Wait did Arata really imagine chihaya in a bikini and blushed? Which chapter in the manga i think i didnt see this one? please tell me. i dont wanna miss out on Arata's lewd blushing face xD

This part happened in ch 35 ( yup, a chapter WAY BACK, if this would been animated it could of been in ep 20 from the first season) it's too bad for us Arata fans we wouldn't get to see this part animated, even so IT HAPPENED: OMG just reading it back really got me excite all over agian: ARATA IS SUPER ADORABLE, imagine Chihaya wearing a bikini made him embarrassed that his face got ALL RED, HOW CUTE, HE'S SO ADORABLE!!!!!!

Ahh, i need to go read it again. it would have been really something to see it animated, a rare sight of arata xD
Yea he's so pure, literally.
Dec 3, 2019 2:45 PM

Nov 2016
Taichi is showing his resolve now. And although she's still a bit shady(lol), Hananao did well protecting Taichis starting passion for karuta.

And I do like the Meijin Queen duo. Two weirdos are better than one. Shinobu is especially adorable.

And lol @ Harada's taxis swing.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 7, 2019 1:33 AM
Jun 2014
sweetangie said:
Kipo0007 said:

They should have included it. And how about the scenes from Ch 23! Although I do like how they did the transition in the anime, I can't help but feel sad that they removed the whole scene where Arata carries fainted Chi-chan to the room. After he lays her down, Mrs. Oe-san starts removing Chi-chan's hakama. Arata gets flustered yelling 'EH!?' She tells him Chi-chan has a T-shirt and shorts underneath and that she's burning up and shivering. So he finds a woolen blanket for her. Then Sensei asks him to stay with her so she can call the taxi. Again he gets flustered but agrees. When they're alone he gently touches her forehead noticing 'such a high fever'. Then we have the scene from anime where she opens her eyes and sees him! They also changed the scene when she breaks down crying, she does it on his lap in the manga. But in the anime, they had her break down away from him with her back to him. What was the need to change that I wonder? Then the scene where she's sleeping on his lap while he talks to her in a gentle voice.

It's still one of my favorite scenes. As usual, it's short but it's intimate, one of the rare occasions where they are totally alone with no one disturbing. Too bad Chi-chan was unconscious. Too bad she never found out that Arata 'princess carried' her to the room after she fainted and to the taxi afterwards! How I would have loved to see her reaction! :)
Dec 7, 2019 5:04 AM

Feb 2011
@Avish OMG, You just reminded me that beautiful extend scene of Arata X Chihaya all ALONE TOGETHER IN ONE ROOM CH 23 ( ep 13 from the first season): THANKS A LOT AND I'M VERY GREATFUL YOU DID, LOL!! XD So far the only moment of them together in high school time with no one else around: seriously why the anime were cut out Chihaya x Arata moment from the first season despite that their moments is so briefly as it is to make it even shorter ( it's just not fair...) -_-: we reallly wanted to see that scene to teh fullest in anime form: it's too bad Chihaya wasn't awake to see her prince watching her to sleep in his lap: ( nor she noticed his touch when he was concern about her having a fever): OMG, IF ONLY SHE KNEW ALL THAT HAPPENED WHILE SHE WAS SLEEPING WHERE THOSE TWO WERE ALONE TOGETHER: I BET THEY BOTH WOULD OF BLUSH SO BADLY WHERE THEIR EYES WON'T LET OUT OF ONE ANOTHER (I WOULD BEEN SO SUPER CUTE TO SEE): but it's too bad it would never happen, I think it's already too late for that.. sigh... why? -_-. I totally agree, it's still one of my favorite scenes of Chihayafuru but we all know it could of been better if they would of follow exactly what the creator have illustrate for us that was canon directly from the main source: that will of been wonderful of teh director decided to re-animated that scene as a bonus feature of the blu-ray volume or something, now that would be AWESOME!!!!
sweetangieDec 7, 2019 5:13 AM
Dec 8, 2019 12:11 AM

Nov 2007
@sweetangie, @Avish: Season 1 cut back on Chihaya's fondness of Arata from romantic standpoint. They also switched it so that Taichi would be appearing before Arata in the adaptation. This was needed to give season 2 finale the impact of Chihaya admitting her love for Arata.

It is not the first time in anime adaptations. I can give examples but that would be spoiling for other adaptations. :)
Coronavirus.
Dec 8, 2019 1:50 AM
Jun 2014
sweetangie said:
@Avish OMG, You just reminded me that beautiful extend scene of Arata X Chihaya all ALONE TOGETHER IN ONE ROOM CH 23 ( ep 13 from the first season): THANKS A LOT AND I'M VERY GREATFUL YOU DID, LOL!! XD So far the only moment of them together in high school time with no one else around: seriously why the anime were cut out Chihaya x Arata moment from the first season despite that their moments is so briefly as it is to make it even shorter ( it's just not fair...) -_-: we reallly wanted to see that scene to teh fullest in anime form: it's too bad Chihaya wasn't awake to see her prince watching her to sleep in his lap: ( nor she noticed his touch when he was concern about her having a fever): OMG, IF ONLY SHE KNEW ALL THAT HAPPENED WHILE SHE WAS SLEEPING WHERE THOSE TWO WERE ALONE TOGETHER: I BET THEY BOTH WOULD OF BLUSH SO BADLY WHERE THEIR EYES WON'T LET OUT OF ONE ANOTHER (I WOULD BEEN SO SUPER CUTE TO SEE): but it's too bad it would never happen, I think it's already too late for that.. sigh... why? -_-. I totally agree, it's still one of my favorite scenes of Chihayafuru but we all know it could of been better if they would of follow exactly what the creator have illustrate for us that was canon directly from the main source: that will of been wonderful of teh director decided to re-animated that scene as a bonus feature of the blu-ray volume or something, now that would be AWESOME!!!!

You're very welcome! Your reply is so full of energy! Just like Chi-chan! Made me smile. :)
Dec 8, 2019 1:51 AM
Jun 2014
shanimebib said:
@sweetangie, @Avish: Season 1 cut back on Chihaya's fondness of Arata from romantic standpoint. They also switched it so that Taichi would be appearing before Arata in the adaptation. This was needed to give season 2 finale the impact of Chihaya admitting her love for Arata.

It is not the first time in anime adaptations. I can give examples but that would be spoiling for other adaptations. :)

Before I reply to this, should we take this elsewhere? We're really off-topic. If yes, please suggest a place. :)
Dec 10, 2019 8:44 AM

Mar 2012
I don't dislike Taichi but I hope he loses, I really don't like how he kept his participation a secret from the club members and lied to Chihaya when she called him.
Dec 11, 2019 6:20 AM

Dec 2014
wow mashima is going on strong this is thrilling.. this is something alright
Dec 17, 2019 3:33 PM
Mar 2017
Well, the excursion continues and Chihaya is still thinking about Taichi's decision to go to the tournament since the following year he should focus on his studies to study medicine.

The day of the tournament arrives and in both the east and the west the participants gather to compete, in both places strong opponents meet, some are very confident and others are under pressure, either by their rivals or in the case of Arata for the expectations they have of him.
Master Suo and Queen Shinobu make an unexpected visit to the tournament where Arata is, I laughed a lot at the eccentric personality of both, I already knew Shinobu, but Suo is very funny, but his announcement left an atmosphere of surprise and tension between the Tournament participants and organizers.
I am intrigued by Suo's conversation with Arata, will it be that the Master also sees that Arata is distant from his goal of being a Master?

Taichi on his side has his problems, lost in his thoughts and to top it off, his mother discovered that he lied to be able to attend the tournament which has the woman enraged, but it is Sumire who finally puts in place the annoying woman and so she defend the boy she loves and the best thing is that Taichi saw everything and now he is on to win.
Apr 5, 2020 7:43 PM

Apr 2016
Lmao Suo Hisashi is speaking so quietly. And what's up with him handing out sweets? This guy is beyond eccentric.

Hanano defending Taichi was a touching moment.
May 6, 2020 12:36 PM
Feb 2016
The current Master is a very interesting character. Hoping that the stomach problems won't bother Arata during the matches, because it would really suck. Might have not been a good idea to anger the girl who makes food for you.

The current Master retiring seems like a bit of a cop out. What's the point of hyping him up this much when he probably won't play against Taichi or Arata ? I think the only people who are able to actually go toe to toe with him right now would be Murao and harada Sensei if he wasn't suffering from the knee issue.

I think Arata would have a good chance mabye a year from now,but at the moment he still has trouble against Murao and the harada sans pupil. As for Taichi,I'm a bit unsure.

Was nice of Hanano defending Taichi from his annoying mom. I would appreciate it even more if she and the other team mates took an active effort in helping Taichi overcome this self inflicted loneliness.

Harada Sensei seems to be really beat up from the matches. I don't know how much longer he's able to play.
Aug 21, 2020 11:12 AM

Apr 2019
Amazing episode. Taichi all day.

Feb 8, 2021 10:17 AM

Nov 2019
My favorite part is what Taichi said to Hiro. Do not regret saying that Taichi, it was great.
Mar 26, 2021 11:43 PM

Aug 2018
Taichi you are great, the chapter was really good and Hanano...good there. Pd: Poor Chihaya xd
Jul 15, 2021 12:17 AM

Jul 2015
Its kinda sad seeing Retro realise he lost to that one guy because he isn't good enough and also Chihaya kinda wasted her own school trip by worrying about the Queen qualifiers. From what we've seen so far of Suo he seems like an intersting character with some nice sweets as gifts.

Oct 6, 2021 5:05 AM

Feb 2019
Come on, Taichi, destroy these qualifiers!

Wow, Suo is really weird. Why are the current karuta champions so weird (but Shinobu's cute lol)

That was a great talk from Taichi to Hyoro. Nice job there, Sumire. Now, destroy everyone in your way, Taichi!
Nov 24, 2021 4:06 PM

Mar 2021
Ant161718 said:
Kipo0007 said:

Sumire is really growing up to be a good character and even Taichi has noticed how much she cares and roots for him & today she showed it. Might be a good pair for sure
I would like to think in the same way, because I know Chihaya is in love with Arata.
But Sumire still being a plastic girl on my mind or maybe mostly it's because to me they don't suit at all for each other.
Nevertheless, this ep I had a better impression of her than before.

yeah but like the problem with all of these ships is that chihaya got obsessed with karuta to, in a way, get closer to arata who was obsessed with it, and then taichi got obsessed with karuta to get closer to chihaya and now sumire is doing the same thing to get closer to taichi. It would just be a chain of suffering if it wasn't for arata cleary reciprocating chihaya's feelings. But if taichi would just forget about chihaya for one second and look at sumire i wouldn't be mad.
Nov 26, 2021 1:58 AM

Oct 2012
the thing is: he never does look at Sumire....
Nov 28, 2021 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
Bad writing. Chihaya is a girl obsessed with karuta. She lives for karuta, eats for karuta, shits for karuta and does basically everything for karuta. HOW can she let such an important match slide away? Bad. The author found herself in a narrative corner here. I've watched the later episodes and she attempts to bring back some characters who had lost in the earlier seasons to Chihaya. And if chihaya would come in the match then either she or those characters would lose. If those characters would lose AGAIN (Maybe for the 3rd or 4th time) then it would make this anime vastly unrealistic and if chihaya looses then, these it would take her forever to challenge the queen again. I can see why the author would write like this but, I felt that this problem could have been dealt in a much MUCH better way. Meh animation too
Apr 17, 2023 6:16 AM

Jul 2016
Dr. Harada's swinging making taxis stop at the start LOL

Considering her motives, that was really cool of Hanano. I doubt that'll really be enough to stop Taichi's mom tho
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.