Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2019 1:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Seido is up against a powerful team. The selection games really are no joke.

The American team also had a chance to play which is interesting considering their lineup and skills.
Nov 26, 2019 3:52 AM

Dec 2013
Tetsu made an appearance! Even if it was brief I was still happy to see him again.

Miyuki came up with a good plan in this episode. He has a great personality lol
Nov 26, 2019 4:16 AM
Sep 2015
Tetsu!
Also the American team match is so stereotype it's cringey, Japanese Samurai, seriously?
Nov 26, 2019 4:24 AM

Oct 2009
No lie, I'm getting confused and lost between all the matches here.

But we got to see Tetsu and Shunshin again, and in action at that - it's like "what's a good way to bring back fan favourites?" Even Carlos and Shirakawa got in the spotlight for a moment or two. Nori is still precious; Miyuki is being his usual little shit self, and The Big Shit really is no place to call him out on that. Then again, same goes for Kuramochi calling out Sawamura for picking a fight, I mean, boy look in a mirror sometimes... xD Only one I missed a little was Toujou, but can't have it all in one episode, I guess, not with this huge a cast.
Nov 26, 2019 4:42 AM

Oct 2017
It was good to see Tetsu again and lol the american coach thought Shunshin was their best picther, can't wait to see his face when Narumiya picthes.
Nov 26, 2019 5:30 AM

Oct 2015
Miyuki is having one good game there. But I still refuse to believe Americans can be hold off like that by the Japanese , I guess at the end fiction would be fiction after all. If it was real it would be a different story.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 26, 2019 6:40 AM

Sep 2014
Tetsu! I did not see that coming but it was a great moment.

As American accents in anime go... I’d say they’re doing a pretty good job, haha!
Nov 26, 2019 7:49 AM

May 2011
lihle808 said:
Miyuki is having one good game there. But I still refuse to believe Americans can be hold off like that by the Japanese , I guess at the end fiction would be fiction after all. If it was real it would be a different story.

There's still more though. The preview seems to show a hint that they are gonna struggle at least a little. Guess we shall see what's gonna happen next week.
Nov 26, 2019 10:23 AM
Dec 2015
Yea like those americans would be using a lot of f*cks and sh*ts.
Japanese samurai.seriously lol
Miyuki being his little usual manipulative self even while in a new team is cool but I think it's refreshing seeing a japanese team being portrayed as the evil one.
Yes, I am looking at you kuroko no basuke.
Santanu_PhukanNov 26, 2019 10:27 AM
Nov 26, 2019 2:53 PM

Apr 2018
Santanu_Phukan said:
Yea like those americans would be using a lot of f*cks and sh*ts.
Japanese samurai.seriously lol
Miyuki being his little usual manipulative self even while in a new team is cool but I think it's refreshing seeing a japanese team being portrayed as the evil one.
Yes, I am looking at you kuroko no basuke.

Lmao, yeah thought the "samurai" part was a bit cringe as well.

Also just my opinion but they should really stop making the Japanese voice actors try to speak english for the Americans voices. It just sounds cringe and off-putting. Like, just make them say the lines in japanese and let us pretend in our minds that they are speaking english, lol
Nov 27, 2019 3:40 AM
May 2019
phantomfandom said:
Tetsu!
Also the American team match is so stereotype it's cringey, Japanese Samurai, seriously?

I am SO glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. That was the worst line... I never imagined I'd read "That's how Japanese samurai-fight" in a freaking BASEBALL anime.
Nov 27, 2019 5:03 AM

Sep 2011
I didn't expect Miyuki to meet and play against Tetsu-san, I loved it! The american team also has some interesting players. Miyuki's personality is the best though. xD A pity it doesn't seem like he is going to form a battery with Mei, but I guess it was to be expected... Mei is getting on the mound in the next episode though, I can't wait! Oh, and Furuya too I guess. lol
Nov 27, 2019 6:13 AM

Dec 2014
The English dialogue is a little too much with the ninja and samurai stuff. xD

Miyuki is always fun to watch.
Nov 27, 2019 8:21 AM

Sep 2013
The last 5 or so episodes have bored me so much...
Dec 10, 2019 4:09 AM

Mar 2009
Why does Japan think we call Japanese people "Samurai"?
Dec 21, 2019 9:39 PM

Oct 2017
Certainly this shit of animation and constantly episodes of pure narration and nothing interesting happening it's really get me on my nerves!
It's like I can't stand anymore, they are ruining my mood and a entire show,
the worst part it's that is gonna affect my score and tbh Diamond no Ace it doesn't deserve it at all.
But at this point it's really hard to me see another more episode.

Seriously bad thing that can happen to shows it's people letting off to see it because of shit production.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Dec 25, 2019 8:49 PM

Sep 2018
Tetsu playing baseball at University! ❤️

Team USA vs Team Japan, I hope there's another Team Japan episode with all the best players from every team, like Eijun-Miyuki from Seidou, Raichi-Sanada from Yakushi, Mukai from Teitou, Kosei from Ichidai, Mei from Inashiro, Hongou from Hokkaido etc... They have best players but still lacking!

Eijun cheering Furuya ❤️ awww~
Feb 13, 2020 7:04 AM

Feb 2013
The americans aren't special at all, I expected more from them.
Aug 13, 2021 7:20 AM

Nov 2019
❤️ Miyuki ❤️
He is great all the time
Wherever he goes
He is like gold
He is shining bright
All the time
Nov 5, 2021 3:38 AM

Jul 2015
No offense to Shunchen as he's good but the American team is in for a surprise if they think he's the best pitcher the Japanese team has to offer. I got to say the dialogue with ninja and samurai thing was a bit cringy

May 10, 2022 8:42 AM

May 2021
I'm liking Sawamura and Okumura every conversation and moments x)

Forget about the ninja and samurai and those cringe stuff whatsoever, isn't the english is really good though? I honestly thought the VAs are English speakers! 😳

Ant161718 said:
Certainly this shit of animation and constantly episodes of pure narration and nothing interesting happening it's really get me on my nerves!
It's like I can't stand anymore, they are ruining my mood and a entire show,
the worst part it's that is gonna affect my score and tbh Diamond no Ace it doesn't deserve it at all.
But at this point it's really hard to me see another more episode.

Seriously bad thing that can happen to shows it's people letting off to see it because of shit production.

Well I guess that's what it seems like to you. People that are enjoying it, enjoyed it. Like me, I enjoyed all these episodes from the bottom of my heart ❤️

tinker3bellz1May 10, 2022 8:54 AM

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Jul 21, 2023 12:46 PM

Aug 2019
OH MY GOSH YUKI!!

The American players caught me off guard.

I’m so happy the Seido has more batters now.

The one of American players reminds of Chris haha the blonde one with blue eyes
Aug 19, 2023 8:47 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Love the rivalry and respect as always

The english from the american team wasn’t the worst I’ve seen in anime, but it’s never good is it 😅

Surprised Tetsu’s uni team isn’t better

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

58 by Nova22 »»
Mar 9, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 14, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 8, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.