Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Whats with the *relative* negative reception, when this is negatively the best season so far

New
Nov 25, 2019 3:22 PM
Jun 2019
This has the lowest score so far, if a person didnt like it, they would have already dropped the show, seasons ago. So its a bit surprising the rating, because for me this is the most intersting season so far. The show is very cliche; but this while being a bit cliche shounen is narratively the best so far. The show feels mature, im actually invested in characters that i never thought i would, ie that hardening guy. The show isnt that far on becoming how goood people actually think it is. Literally nothing major has happened this season, except creating future plot points - you'd think that be boring but its not; its sign of a good writing, if its this good at the start
Nov 25, 2019 3:23 PM
Jun 2019
Tittle is the best season so far* oof
Nov 25, 2019 5:00 PM

Sep 2011
Ongoing scores dont really reflect a show anyway it
ll adhere to how the rest of the season goes. The season is just really slow and hasnt really had anything big happen yet so its probably not exciting people as much but if the later episodes do it can win them back.

Personally as someone that has liked most of what came before, even taking into account its alot of build up it just hasnt been very good so far, the new characters and especially villains feel like a stopgap to the overall plot rather than an expansion of it and especially its side cast just kind of feels like they are getting pushed to the side. Its not bad and I hope it picks up but for now I cannot find it in me to give a shit about overhaul in the slightest and feel like hes just stealing some much needed development from the actual antagonists of the series.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 25, 2019 8:43 PM
Aug 2017
A lot of people just don't like the slower paced build up that's been happening up till now. Which on a surface level, with all these newer characters in seemingly unrelated events, I can kind of understand. But after this episode people should be able to see that a lot of these characters are interconnected into the story and play very important roles very soon. As someone who knows what is coming, all the build up is necessary and very well done. The new characters introduced are great and the developments in the story of the arc, characters new and old, as well as world building for My Hero's world in general are fantastic. It just takes a little while to get going.
Nov 29, 2019 8:58 AM
Jan 2018
I am not sure if there is any negative reception, majority gave a score of 8 which is understandable at what have aired yet. This arc is proceeding in a slow pace right now and seems like is gonna get more interesting in the future episodes.

The only people who can or will rate it above 8 are MANGA READERS [because they know how good this arc],
or
the fanboys which every popular show has.

Its been told this is one of the best arc of this series by who have read it , but seems this arc has a slow start, so people kinda rate it 8 which is a good score for the eps that have aired yet.
Also there are considerably less people with rating of 1 [less than 500 right now ]than usually for a really popular series.

If there is a negative reception there should have more percentage of low scores.
Nov 30, 2019 9:51 AM

Dec 2015
I keep hearing that, but so far nothing made me rate higher then a 7/10. Maybe things get better afterwards, but so far it's laughable to compare this arc to the Forest camp/Hideout raid arc
Dec 8, 2019 3:16 PM

Feb 2015
I'm not watching the anime, but this arc in the manga is by far the best, was kind of surprised after looking up the score, S2 has an awful drawn out tournament arc and still has an 8.6 score, i don't get people.

WW84 trailer was pretty good though, so all is fine.

Dec 8, 2019 7:31 PM
Aug 2018
Well if you want to hear my opinion since I just dropped it after the most recent episode.

My main problem is that all of the side character action is taking place with characters I frankly don't care about. Rock hardening boy is very one dimensional and simple, you know every choice he's going to make before he makes it and he's not very fun to watch.

I'd be fine with building up side characters if Deku actually had some development. Here we are on season 4 with 24 episode seasons, and the Deku we have now is literally weaker than he was in season 1. He's had no actual development that's changed his decision making besides, "I can't break my arms every time I fight." which was something already wrapped up in season 1 if I remember right.

Deku now would make the same decisions as deku in season 1, the same fight decisions, the same friend decisions, the same dialogue decisions. He's seriously not developed at all, and it's on episode SEVENTY SOMETHING?!

anyways I guess you could say "using his legs to kick people and jump" is a development of his abilities, but that's a pretty ankle deep development. Maybe it just feels more like a development since it took him like a year to figure out he can jump with super strength.

OH YEAH, and in season 1 he was regarded as smart and figuring out unorthodox solutions to problems that came out..... I haven't seen him do that at all like... in a long time?
Dec 9, 2019 1:43 AM

May 2015
"Literally nothing major has happened this season" You answered your own question... If there isn't an early climax episode, people may have a tendency to vote a lower rating prematurely. Also doesn't help that the season began on recap on an already slow build up of a cour.

Dec 9, 2019 8:44 AM

Apr 2014
The pacing is fine. Not every episode needs to be a climax. Go watch One Piece and tell me again that MHA is slow. Also, there are more characters in this series than Deku. If none of them got any development, then people would complain that everybody is a one-note character.

Give it time to plant its seeds and let them grow. It makes the payoff so much better.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

464 by bubba460z »»
Apr 11, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.