Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 25, 2019 4:10 AM

Apr 2013
I am not sure what I should worry about the King that's about to be visited by unexpected match of warriors or the fact that this show is about to end... Hopefully season2? hahah
Nov 25, 2019 4:55 AM

Jul 2016
So we are supposed to believe that the guy who relies on speed and not being hit (thorfin) is all of sudden able to dodge attacks and gouge an eye out with only one arm.

What a load of shit.
Nov 25, 2019 5:21 AM

Jul 2019
Man that was amazing 10/10 the moment Askellad laughed it was awesome it felt like hes been waiting for that for so long !
leevNov 26, 2019 8:34 AM
Nov 25, 2019 5:26 AM

Jul 2019
also this might be the point where the braindeads who missed the point of the show actually drops it because no fight lmao this show actualy turning like what I expected it was. amazing.
Nov 25, 2019 5:44 AM

Aug 2013
Canute more like Griffith now
Nov 25, 2019 6:22 AM

Feb 2014
This is certainly one of the best episodes of Vinland Saga to date. =)

It had that great reveal, during the flashback from Throkell's point of view, that he was able to see Thors, by chance, after his "funeral", but Thors was leaving for good with his wife, Helga. Thorkell's reveal was that his brother was the current king at the time and that Helga was his sister. This makes him Thorfinn's uncle. I admit I didn't see that coming.

Thorkell didn't want Thors to leave, but he lost in a quick duel when he tried to stop him. He didn't understand Thors full reason for leaving, but going back to the present, after his defeat by Thorfinn with Askeladd's assistance, Thorkell regrets not following Thors back then. It was really nice to see this perspective of Thorkell. =)

Not to forget, Thorkell really does respect the rules of the duel. He didn't complain about losing his left eye from Thorfinn, but he got REALLY angry when his army intervened and tried to kill Thorfinn for his attack.

Canute finally arrives and showcases more of his changed personality. Thorkell tests him with a punch, but Canute doesn't even flinch one bit. With this, both Thorkell and Askeladd declare their sworn allegiance to Canute in his main mission to dethrone his father Sweyn.

The last 5 episodes should be an absolute blast if it goes how I think it will go.
Nov 25, 2019 7:35 AM

Feb 2015
Vindicater said:
So we are supposed to believe that the guy who relies on speed and not being hit (thorfin) is all of sudden able to dodge attacks and gouge an eye out with only one arm.

What a load of shit.

If you think that's a load of shit, I can't wait to hear what you think about the 2.3M giant who throws whole trees and boulders like cannon balls and people like javelins, or the 1.8m superhuman who jumped across boats like superman.

On a less objective scale, I also can't wait to hear what you think about the magical 180 in personality, knowledge and skill that occur over a week and are apparently completely reasonable, believable and possible when someone you care about dies and you're fed a bunch of pseudo-philosophical bullshit.
Nov 25, 2019 9:46 AM

Mar 2018
Yautja said:
On a less objective scale, I also can't wait to hear what you think about the magical 180 in personality, knowledge and skill that occur over a week and are apparently completely reasonable, believable and possible when someone you care about dies and you're fed a bunch of pseudo-philosophical bullshit.

I knew from that Chihaya thread you enjoy throwing the word 'objective' around to make it look like your point has more validity, but this is just really sad. It's not hard to grasp why the sudden change in Canute was executed perfectly when looking at the craft of his character thus far. That you call it a magical 180 is the only thing that's bullshit here. You're a contrarian for the sake of it, maybe even a devoted hater for some reason, causing you to cloud your judgement.

In episode 13, we got told (during his quarrel with Thorfinn) Canute has a side to him he normally only shows to Ragnar, that he can have conviction. Episode 15, during the prayer, we see Canute struggle with his father's love for him and he had an outburst. In episode 18 he awakens because he realized the position he is in, he couldn't choose to live like a commoner after Ragnar's death, and accepts his real father will never love him. Ultimately he just embraced a side that was always part of him, royalty and conviction. That you don't like the priest's talking doesn't change anything when in the context of the story it drives Canute's newfound philosophy.

And wow, still complaining about the action in this series.

EsquirtitNov 25, 2019 10:05 AM
poop
Nov 25, 2019 10:06 AM
Apr 2018
What a episode omg 5/5
Nov 25, 2019 10:13 AM

Oct 2013
Thorkell was great as always! So was Askeladd as well. :)

Canute's transformation into a chad is completed.

I didn't know that vikings played shougi, lmao. Another dumb historical unaccuracy. I know it is kinda Japanese version of chess, but why didn't they use Japanese equivalent of a word describing European chess, instead of using Japanese variant's name?
Nov 25, 2019 10:40 AM
Apr 2014
That was my favorite moment
Nov 25, 2019 11:20 AM

Jul 2016
Ah, the good old Askeladd. Screwing with duels' rules once again.

Good episode overall. It's true that I was expecting something more in terms of animation but since the Thorfinn/Thorkell fight wasn't really the point of these last two episodes, it wasn't really a big deal.

Regarding Thorfinn's bloodline, I already suspected him and Thorkel might be related but I wasn't expecting the latter to be that older. Still, I wasn't that wrong since I thought he might be Helga's brother at first. Surely, the manliest great uncle I've seen in a while.
Nov 25, 2019 11:23 AM

Nov 2013
Kono, Canute Giovanna, niwa yume ga aru
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Nov 25, 2019 11:26 AM

Jan 2019
I think one of the things I liked about this episode, as compared to it's chapter in the manga, was that it specifically stated Thorkell's relationship to Thorfinn and his family. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember it ever being outright stated, only assumed that they are related through Helga. I thought they were either cousins or Thorkell was Thorfinn's uncle or just a very close friend with his parents.
Be happy with what you have to be happy with
Nov 25, 2019 11:38 AM

Jul 2019
I can't believe we got a somewhat happy ending to this episode. I'm so happy. I can't wait to see the interactions between the characters because I bet some moments are going to be hilarious.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Nov 25, 2019 12:16 PM

Feb 2015
Esquirtit said:
Yautja said:

I knew from that Chihaya thread you enjoy throwing the word 'objective' around to make it look like your point has more validity, but this is just really sad. It's not hard to grasp why the sudden change in Canute was executed perfectly when looking at the craft of his character thus far. That you call it a magical 180 is the only thing that's bullshit here. You're a contrarian for the sake of it, maybe even a devoted hater for some reason, causing you to cloud your judgement.

In episode 13, we got told (during his quarrel with Thorfinn) Canute has a side to him he normally only shows to Ragnar, that he can have conviction. Episode 15, during the prayer, we see Canute struggle with his father's love for him and he had an outburst. In episode 18 he awakens because he realized the position he is in, he couldn't choose to live like a commoner after Ragnar's death, and accepts his real father will never love him. Ultimately he just embraced a side that was always part of him, royalty and conviction. That you don't like the priest's talking doesn't change anything when in the context of the story it drives Canute's newfound philosophy.

And wow, still complaining about the action in this series.

I like how you ignore the "Less" of the "less objective". I knew from the Chihaya thread that you'd go through any means to defend this series and nitpick anything to make it seem like what you're saying has more validity but this is just sad. As often shown how in that thread half the time you couldn't tell what you were reading and contrived some bullshit interpretation of mine and other people's comments, as you just did. I love how people like you automatically label people who disagree with you as trolls or contrarians. Maybe I just disagree, but you cannot accept that because it'd degrade the validity of your position that this show is perfect, which is why you bitch about terms like objective and call people haters.

No, it's an insane personality change, and that different side we saw isn't even close to how he was in this and the last episode. And that's completely ignoring his somehow magical ability to lead people and out of no where charisma. Going from some timid child to this, exhibiting never seen before skills and personality, absolutely ridiculous.

Action? No, I'm pointing out how it's stupid he's got a problem with Thorfinn winning a fight in this supposedly realistic series, but he and everyone, especially halfwits like you, ignore the literal superhuman shit. What a stupid way of handwaving away an contradiction. Everyone else in this series is a somewhat reasonable and possible human constrained to typical human bounds being except for the main characters.
Nov 25, 2019 1:13 PM
Jul 2019
This is so brilliant. Each episode is better than the previous one. By this rate this will end up being a new 10/10 for me. All characters are great, building up is superb and the flow of the story is very well written.
Nov 25, 2019 2:28 PM
Aug 2017
So hype to see where this goes, I know a lil of the real world history but I have a feeling the manga/show took some artistic liberties. Also just goes to show the power of this show, last episode I got more hype for Canutes character progression than the fight happening, same thing with this episode. Also is pissed off defeated Thorkell giving anyone else Broly vibes with that hair
Nov 25, 2019 3:28 PM

Feb 2018
Vindicater said:

What a load of shit.

1- "relies on speed and not being hit" 2- "all of sudden able to dodge attacks"

do you realize what you just said ?

7soNov 25, 2019 3:39 PM
Nov 25, 2019 3:29 PM

Feb 2012
Just passing by the latest episode thread to say Askeladd is my favorite character so far.

the other main characters are pretty decent though... well maybe not so much Thorfinn but he's what you would expect from a reckless immature kid that knows nothing but revenge and is yet to even face the idea that he's just as responsible for getting his father killed (or perhaps he already knows it, deep down), anyway there is room for him to grow.

as for Canute, his change was something easy to see coming but it happened a bit too quickly and suddenly. I guess it's just a fast paced solution to advance the story, these quick developments are quite common on this media since they rely on interest per chapter to keep the publications...
Nov 25, 2019 4:32 PM

Aug 2019
Now that's a helluva episode.

Last one left me a bit underwhelmed after all the hype but this one delivered. One of my favourites this year.
Nov 25, 2019 5:14 PM

Mar 2018
The physics are literal 100% bullshit, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to gauge what you mean by 'on a less objective scale'. Not like that part even matters since it's just for show, lol.

You can't even respond to what I wrote here

Yautja said:
No, it's an insane personality change, and that different side we saw isn't even close to how he was in this and the last episode. And that's completely ignoring his somehow magical ability to lead people and out of no where charisma. Going from some timid child to this, exhibiting never seen before skills and personality, absolutely ridiculous.

It's a change in attitude, and maybe you should look at the situations at hand, why was it so weird for him to lead them? He was the only making sense in that fight between Bjorn and Askeladd's men, telling them to travel back to Thorkell already.

In this episode he reveals the King doesn't want him and proposes to attack him. Thorkell's impressed and wants to follow him because fighting the King was his objective already anyway.

I don't understand why spouting out 'it's ridiculous and bullshit' seems like a reasonable argument to you. This was setup in episode 12. You're literally just whining, not saying anything of value. Completely ignores and fails to counter my evidence. Edgelord.

Yautja said:
Action? No, I'm pointing out how it's stupid he's got a problem with Thorfinn winning a fight in this supposedly realistic series, but he and everyone, especially halfwits like you, ignore the literal superhuman shit. What a stupid way of handwaving away an contradiction. Everyone else in this series is a somewhat reasonable and possible human constrained to typical human bounds being except for the main characters.

You should calm down pretentious critic. When have I ever ignored the superhuman shit? All I did is point out how futile it is to still point it out.
EsquirtitNov 25, 2019 5:25 PM
poop
Nov 25, 2019 5:44 PM

Feb 2015
Esquirtit said:
The physics are literal 100% bullshit, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to gauge what you mean by 'on a less objective scale'. Not like that part even matters since it's just for show, lol.

Yautja said:

It's a change in attitude, and maybe you should look at the situations at hand, why was it so weird for him to lead them? He was the only making sense in that fight between Bjorn and Askeladd's men, telling them to travel back to Thorkell already.

In this episode he reveals the King doesn't want him and proposes to attack him. Thorkell's impressed and wants to follow him because fighting the King was his objective already anyway.

I don't understand why spouting out 'it's ridiculous and bullshit' seems like a reasonable argument to you. This was setup in episode 12. You're literally just whining, not saying anything of value. Completely ignores and fails to counter my evidence. Edgelord.

Yautja said:

You should calm down pretentious critic. When have I ever ignored the superhuman shit? All I did is point out how futile it is to still point it out.

Yea, the physics are objective bullshit, the personality while ridiculous, is less objective, but still pretty obvious bullshit (bullshit which you and many others buy). Can you read? How are you bitching about the term objective when you just admitted part of the series is objectively bullshit? You bitch about me using the word when I said something was less objective. Man. You only see what you want.
Just for show, lmao. Totally doesn't have affects on the story.

Change in attitude? And you have the nerve to claim I'm full of shit. He's a completely different person. If he was beginning to talk to people or be more assertive that'd be a change of attitude. The portion of him cooking was a change of attitude. Taking control of an army and resolving to fucking kill his father and brother and change the world is a whole new person. That's far, far more than attitude.
Anyways, you've stilled neglected a more important portion of the complaints, namely his new found king level charisma, argument skills and an astonishingly out of place lucidity. He somehow gleans that his father intends to have him killed but could not for a moment guess how Ragnar was killed and that he was being taken advantage of, he perfectly convinces an entire army of vikings, led by a battle happy idiot to do as he says without a single misstep when a week ago he was a bumbling idiot, among other issues.

Yea, because you disagree with it, it has no value. Continue to show yourself as that worlds biggest fanboy you claimed not to be. Disregarding everything you disagree with, labeling people as trolls, contrarians, haters. You're a walking, talking fan boy cliche.

Counters, what a joke. Your "counters" are delusions at best because they set the groundwork for the "change" we saw while he was cooking, not for becoming an army leading who in a week has become an entirely new person and has the delusion to believe he can alter the world and make all the deaths on the road worth while. You're saying that a sneeze was a big enough flag for a character developing cancer.

Lmao, cheap insults that completely ignore the content of what you've quoted. Should I get your white flag for you? What you've just quoted is me fucking explaining to you that you had originally quoted a comment which was a response to someone else. A comment which you took for a complaint about action, but was a criticism of the person I was responding to. Man, you're like one of those attack dogs that just waits for a signal and goes berserk and bites the wrong person and wonders why the fuck everyone is mad at you. Not the first time you've completely misunderstood what you've read though is it? I never bitched about action or a lack of it, but you with your illiteracy can't be bothered to notice that. I bitched about a stupid complaint and how no one has issues with superhumans when it most certainly is relevant.
Nov 25, 2019 5:59 PM

Mar 2012
darkstom248 said:
MetaKite said:
Your logic right there, explains perfectly, why I never liked Canute. He may have matured but in the end, he's not much above or different than those men fighting what he sees as "pointless" battles. He's strutting around like a peacock with a purpose but it's more of the same really. It's something that will get explored in the future.
But I mean, the fight is pointless. They are in the middle of fighting over who gets to take Canute. He himself said that there is no value in holding him hostage, so anyone that dies in order to be able to get him died for absolutely nothing. He seems to want to build a paradise on Earth and be able to oversee it himself. Canute is idealistic, not naive. He knows that he cannot avoid conflict with his father if he wants to build the paradise he wants, so he will fight his father. That is a meaningful fight worth dying for over killing a bunch of people in the middle of nowhere for a hostage with no bargaining value.
I didn't say or think he's naive. Just that he's no different than any other monarch that believes they are making a real difference from the status quo. It's nice he has these aspirations of creating a paradise but good luck changing the hearts of men while you try to create it. It's not even due to the fact that I read the manga but the goal Canute wants to make for himself is pretty much unattainable. Thorkell isn't even entirely sure and swore to kill Canute if he sways from this path.
Nov 25, 2019 6:09 PM

May 2017
Birdsanddrugs said:
Isidoro4567 said:
I really hate thorfinn OMG the guy didn't Win fairly using everything at his disposal just to win he became what he hates the most imo, it is good to see canute new attitude he isn't against war but against war without any good reason

I feel like the author made us dislike Thorfinn for a reason. To show how disgusting a creature of revenge is like.

Isn't Thofinn the protagonist though? The protagonist is supposed to be someone liked or at least sympathized by the audience. By the way Birdsanddrugs, what manga is your signature from?
Nov 25, 2019 6:22 PM

Mar 2018
Dude, on that Chihaya thread you had the thought process of a babymoma on crack. You said something like ''Chihaya and AoT are objectively better than VS, but when it comes to FMAB and S;G it's a different matter''. You're not clear in the head, man.

Yautja said:

Yea, the physics are objective bullshit, the personality while ridiculous, is less objective, but still pretty obvious bullshit (bullshit which you and many others buy). Can you read? How are you bitching about the term objective when you just admitted part of the series is objectively bullshit? You bitch about me using the word when I said something was less objective. Man. You only see what you want.

You're talk about objectivity is just for show.

Yautja said:
Change in attitude? And you have the nerve to claim I'm full of shit. He's a completely different person. If he was beginning to talk to people or be more assertive that'd be a change of attitude. The portion of him cooking was a change of attitude. Taking control of an army and resolving to fucking kill his father and brother and change the world is a whole new person. That's far, far more than attitude.

I'm not denying he changed as a person. Refer back to my first post.

Yautja said:
Anyways, you've stilled neglected a more important portion of the complaints, namely his new found king level charisma, argument skills and an astonishingly out of place lucidity. He somehow gleans that his father intends to have him killed but could not for a moment guess how Ragnar was killed and that he was being taken advantage of, he perfectly convinces an entire army of vikings, led by a battle happy idiot to do as he says without a single misstep when a week ago he was a bumbling idiot, among other issues.

And you said I nitpick lmfao. He was always aware his father didn't love him. Very pointless comparison. Not even remotely the same situation and requires more information for a deduction on the spot.

Thorkell tested him and found his peace of mind similar to Thors. Your point is so nonsensical, he had an awakening, why is this so much of an issue to you? You don't like it? Fine. Just stop with the ramblings.

Yautja said:
Yea, because you disagree with it, it has no value. Continue to show yourself as that worlds biggest fanboy you claimed not to be. Disregarding everything you disagree with, labeling people as trolls, contrarians, haters. You're a walking, talking fan boy cliche.

Funny, but I was just curious what you had to say and as I expected it's a load of shit. You're not really making points. I'm obliged to disagree.

Yautja said:
Counters, what a joke. Your "counters" are delusions at best because they set the groundwork for the "change" we saw while he was cooking, not for becoming an army leading who in a week has become an entirely new person and has the delusion to believe he can alter the world and make all the deaths on the road worth while. You're saying that a sneeze was a big enough flag for a character developing cancer.

Why are you talking about cooking? I spoke of 13, where it's literally explained through Ragnar's inner monologue that Canute has a confident side he normally conceals. With episode 15 ,I meant that Canute had an outburst when the priest doubted God's (Father) love, because it reminded him of his own father's lack of love.

You're basically saying it's out of character for a sheltered prince to stand up for himself after his mentor and family left him behind, because you don't like it. He's not some random villager. He has the chance to become king and spread his convictions.

Yautja said:
Lmao, cheap insults that completely ignore the content of what you've quoted. Should I get your white flag for you? What you've just quoted is me fucking explaining to you that you had originally quoted a comment which was a response to someone else. A comment which you took for a complaint about action, but was a criticism of the person I was responding to. Man, you're like one of those attack dogs that just waits for a signal and goes berserk and bites the wrong person and wonders why the fuck everyone is mad at you. Not the first time you've completely misunderstood what you've read though is it? I never bitched about action or a lack of it, but you with your illiteracy can't be bothered to notice that. I bitched about a stupid complaint and how no one has issues with superhumans when it most certainly is relevant.

All I wrote was ''And wow, still complaining about the action''. It was a response to you both. Pretty funny that's all you can hold onto, what a joke. You did call it a load of shit anyway, and did so again in your reponses to me. Like, get a grip. You're a chihuahua.
poop
Nov 25, 2019 6:37 PM

Feb 2015
Esquirtit said:
Dude, on that Chihaya thread you had the thought process of a babymoma on crack. You said something like ''Chihaya and AoT are objectively better than VS, but when it comes to FMAB and S;G it's a different matter''. You're not clear in the head, man.

Yautja said:

You're talk about objectivity is just for show.

Yautja said:

I'm not denying he changed as a person. Refer back to my first post.

Yautja said:

And you said I nitpick lmfao. He was always aware his father didn't love him. Very pointless comparison. Not even remotely the same situation and requires more information for a deduction on the spot.

Thorkell tested him and found his peace of mind similar to Thors. Your point is so nonsensical, he had an awakening, why is this so much of an issue to you? You don't like it? Fine. Just stop with the ramblings.

Yautja said:

Funny, but I was just curious what you had to say and as I expected it's a load of shit. You're not really making points. I'm obliged to disagree.

Yautja said:

Why are you talking about cooking? I spoke of 13, where it's literally explained through Ragnar's inner monologue that Canute has a confident side he normally conceals. With episode 15 ,I meant that Canute had an outburst when the priest doubted God's (Father) love, because it reminded him of his own father's lack of love.

You're basically saying it's out of character for a sheltered prince to stand up for himself after his mentor and family left him behind, because you don't like it. He's not some random villager. He has the chance to become king and spread his convictions.

Yautja said:

All I wrote was ''And wow, still complaining about the action''. It was a response to you both. Pretty funny that's all you can hold onto, what a joke. You did call it a load of shit anyway, and did so again in your reponses to me. Like, get a grip. You're a chihuahua.

Literally not even close to what I said, but nice try though. I said FMA:B and S;G are definitely better than Chihaya, but I'm not sure I'd say AOT and VS are. Ironic how I'm the not clear one.

Or. Or. Or. I realize the basic fact no human being can throw several thousand pound rocks and full grown oak trees, and no human being can jump 20+ feet in the air from boat to boat. Perhaps you're projecting your insecurities at your own obvious inability at being objective onto me. Sorry, not everyone is inept as you.

You: "I'm not denying he changed as a person"
Me: "it's an insane personality change"
You: "It's a change in attitude"
Yea, okay buddy. Saying it's a change in attitude in response to me saying he's changed completely as a person / personality wise totally doesn't seem like a denial he's completely changed as a person.

That's what you consider nitpicking? Oh le irony. Yea, being aware your father doesn't love you it at all the same thing as being able to figure out he sent you to die so he doesn't have to deal with the trouble of being labeled a child killer. Totally the same thing. Your dad doesn't care about you, and he's a king, so it's obvious he wants to kill you. A+ Deduction.

Yea, looking into his eyes, sure. Totally enough for me to tell everything I need to know about a person. Looking in the eyes of a person who a week or two ago I had captured, the person who was a inert child afraid of the slightest thing has now become a world changing king in a weeks time and looking into his eyes is totally enough for me to follow him against a king I was fighting and know to be a great enemy for no other reason than I believe his eyes make him a greater leader or knows something I don't. What a crock of shit. You're taking a sneeze as a valid indication of cancer. I could not have made a more apt analogy.

Lmao. Good job proving the point of that. You disagree therefore it's wrong. Normally I'd assume that's someone's sense of humor, but given your inability to read, you don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Yea, "confident", that's what we'll call all the flashbacks of him, or what he was being when he was cooking, sure. Having a single emotional outburst at a priest is totally indicative of the sleeping potential to be a king with top tier charisma, leadership abilities, argument skills. Okay then. Sneeze = Cancer.

Lmao, bad analogy is bad. No, I'm saying it's bad for a sheltered prince to all of sudden display unparalleled confidence in the face of death, decisiveness and leadership and just about be an antithesis to his previous character. Thorfinn has a several year timeskip. Canute had a week and bullshit pseudo-philosophical schpeel from a drunk priest.

Yea, and no one was complaining about action you half-wit.
Nov 25, 2019 6:57 PM

Mar 2018
@Yautja Why would I remember that nonsense? It's not relevant.

Wtf are you saying? Ofc the action isn't realistic. I'm saying in all your posts thus far you use the word objective but show no signs of using objetice analysis as the foundation of your criticisms. Like just give your opinion without framing yourself as unbiased.

It's a change in attitude because that's what... it is? Are you really that dumb? Isn't he behaving himself differently in front of people now? You're really going off the road now buddy.

He fucking sent him to a hopeless battle knowing he has no experience on battlefield. Hahahah, I don't even understand how you just don't give up already. What are you on right now?

Do you have a functional brain? Are you trolling? Why do I have to mention every single thing? You watched the episode too, right? He punched him and he didn't flinch. I mentioned he tested him. Stop clinging on BS, you're getting boring.

It's not the flashback, mongrel. The argument between him and Thorfinn is where his confident and conviction was shown briefly. That he does have a different side.

Can you not just read my first post to you? Does it hurt?

His outburt to the priest was foreshadowing the fact his dad doesn't love him. God, damn are you pointless.Typing on my phone cuz it's faster for this shit.

Again spouting the bullcrap. He doesn't value his own life. Read all my posts again. Look at the plot. The army you speak of is more than happy to follow him. Doesn't take that much. He's a prince. If they win he becomes king. Thorkell literally wanted to capture him to draw out an battle with the king already. Use your brain please, PLEASE, I'm not going to mention every single thing.

No one was? Calling it a load of shit sure does sound like a complaint. Then again I can't fathom what intellectual babymommas on crackheads ever mean, my fault.
EsquirtitNov 25, 2019 7:01 PM
poop
Nov 25, 2019 7:05 PM

Oct 2018
Stealth46 said:
Birdsanddrugs said:

I feel like the author made us dislike Thorfinn for a reason. To show how disgusting a creature of revenge is like.

Isn't Thofinn the protagonist though? The protagonist is supposed to be someone liked or at least sympathized by the audience. By the way Birdsanddrugs, what manga is your signature from?

Thorfinn isn't really a focus for this arc. It's more Canute and Askeladd...

Also, Kaguya-sama is the manga ;)
Nov 25, 2019 7:17 PM

Mar 2018
@Yautja Oh wait Jesus, me saying 'it's a change in attitude' obviouly refers to your point that he suddenly is more confident and has argumentative and leadership qualities. You know attitude is interwined with this thing called 'personality'. Please don't get hung up on it. No one has ever denied that he changed. That's literally the topic of this conversation, however you deny everything I've said so far thus leave me no option but to get to the point as quickly as possible. Still have to refute my first post to you.

All you're saying is "in just a week!!!?", okay... so what? From what standpoint does it not make sense? Can you sum it up concisely without repeating that it was too fast, because that's not a point, that's not how you dismiss character writing, humans can change immensely when they're in chaotic situations.
poop
Nov 25, 2019 7:20 PM

Feb 2015
Esquirtit said:
@Yautja Why would I remember that nonsense? It's not relevant.

Wtf are you saying? Ofc the action isn't realistic. I'm saying in all your posts thus far you use the word objective but show no signs of using objetice analysis as the foundation of your criticisms. Like just give your opinion without framing yourself as unbiased.

It's a change in attitude because that's what... it is? Are you really that dumb? Isn't he behaving himself differently in front of people now? You're really going off the road now buddy.

He fucking sent him to a hopeless battle knowing he has no experience in the battlefield. Hahahah, I don't even understand how you just don't give up already. What are you on right now?

Do you have a functional brain? Are you trolling? Why do I have to mention every single thing? You watched the episode too, right? He punched him and he didn't flinch. I mention he tested. Stop clinging on BS, you're getting boring.

It's not the flashback, mongrel. The argument between him and Thorfinn is where his confident and conviction was shown briefly. That he does have a different side.

Can you not just read my first post to you? Does it hurt?

His outburt to the priest was foreshadowing the fact his dad doesn't love him. God, damn are you pointless.Typing on my phone cuz it's faster for this shit.

Again spouting the bullcrap. He doesn't value his own life. Read all my posts again. Look at the plot. The army you speak of is more than happy to follow him. Doesn't take that much. He's a prince. If they win he becomes king. Thorkell literally wanted to capture him to draw out an battle with the king already. Use your brain please, PLEASE, I'm not going to mention every single thing.

No one was? Calling it a load of shit sure does sound like a complaint. Then again I can't fathom what intellectual babymommas on crackheads ever mean, my fault.

"Why I would remember this thing I brought up that I said justifies my claim that you're stupid? You're stupid for asking me to make my point with factual information!"
Yea, okay bud.

Jesus Christ... Are you actually this stupid? I know you can't read but this is pathetic. Is this your attempt at moving the goal posts or pretending I said something I didn't? You really need to go reread the comments that you've responded to and go to an English class.

Holy shit. You admit something to be objectively true, then you say I show no signs of using objective analysis. What is wrong with you. Please tell me how I need "objective analysis" to say "It's objectively true no human being can lift a several thousand pound rock on his own". And drop the pedantics while you try and do so.

Oh I love circular arguments. He realized his dad hated him because he was sent to die, unfortunately that argument falls apart when in order for him to realize that he'd have to be the person he is, instead of that stupid kid he was. It'd be one thing if someone had spelled it out for him, but he magically figures it out after his ridiculous personality change which was in part caused by that revelation. Okay bud.

Oooh, the "no u the troll" response, I was waiting for that one. It's so lovely coming from the guy who's misrepresented every single thing he's responded to, from the guy who accuses everyone who disagrees with him of being a troll, saying he doesn't have to believe what anyone says and can dismiss it for practically no reason. If I'm a troll, what does that make you, the guy who goes out of his ways to start and perpetuate arguments with trolls? An idiot and "mongrel" to say the least.
He punched him and he didn't flinch, oh how that tells you everything you need to know about a person. What an impressive and telling test.

Can you not realize your first post says nothing that hasn't been responded to?

Been here, done that.

Yes, because valuing ones life validates anything you've said or contradicts any of what I've said. Yes. Following him when there's no good and measurable reason to totally makes sense because he has places no value on his life.

Holy shit. You actually cannot fucking read can you? Do you know what "action" is? Him saying a fight was a load of shit is not bitching about action. That's him saying the fight was stupid, not that he doesn't want action.

What a load of shit.
If you think that's a load of shit, I can't wait to hear what you think about the 2.3M giant who throws whole trees and boulders like cannon balls and people like javelins, or the 1.8m superhuman who jumped across boats like superman.

Please do tell me how in either of those quotes someone is complaining about the action (genre) or the lack of it. I'll wait.
Complaining about how a fight was portrayed is not complaining about action. Complaining about "the action" would be complaining about the presence or lack of fighting. No one is complaining about there being action, but how it's being done, a complaint of his I was fucking mocking because there's superhuman shit in this series. My god. I cannot believe I'm going to have to bitch about equivocation for the second week in a row, or you being actually this illiterate. Either are possible considering your previous comments.
Esquirtit said:
@Yautja Oh wait Jesus, me saying 'it's a change in attitude' obviouly refers to your point that he suddenly is more confident and has argumentative and leadership qualities. You know attitude is interwined with this thing called 'personality'. Please don't get hung up on it. No one has ever denied that he changed. That's literally the topic of this conversation, however you deny everything I've said so far thus leave me no option but to get to the point as quickly as possible. Still have to refute my first post to you.

All you're saying is "in just a week!!!?", okay... so what? From what standpoint does it not make sense? Can you sum it up concisely without repeating that it was too fast, because that's not a point, that's not how you dismiss character writing, humans can change immensely when they're in chaotic situations.

Been over all of this a dozen times. I'm not going to reiterate shit because of your inability to read. I'm getting a strange sense of deja vu, almost like this is exactly like the last conversation I had the misfortune of having with you.
Nov 25, 2019 7:26 PM

Mar 2018
@Yautja Why would I remember it exactly as you said? I'm out. You're a meme.

You stated your opinion about Canute's change starting with "on a less OBJECTIVE scale". I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE ACTION. Holy shit are you daft. Why do you keep getting hung up on BS.

Every fucking human being can tell it's unrealistic.

What are you even saying? "The action" can refer to anything to do with action. I've never heard anyone make that distinction. You're so pointless.
poop
Nov 25, 2019 7:33 PM

Mar 2018
Ladies and gentleman, I just witnessed the dumbest thing ever in my life. This dude wants to tell me "the action" can't refer to how fights are portrayed, but only how much there is or it. Holy shit. Go look up the definitions for "action".
poop
Nov 25, 2019 7:37 PM

Feb 2015
Esquirtit said:
@Yautja Why would I remember it exactly as you said? I'm out. You're a meme.

You stated your opinion about Canute's change starting with "on a less OBJECTIVE scale". I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE ACTION. Holy shit are you daft. Why do you keep getting hung up on BS.

Every fucking human being can tell it's unrealistic.

What are you even saying? "The action" can refer to anything to do with action. I've never heard anyone make that distinction. You're so pointless.

"Why would I remember or check the truth of what I said. You're so fucking stupid for laughing at me and expecting me to say accurate shit when I'm saying something stupid."

You: "Ofc the action isn't realistic. I'm saying in all your posts thus far you use the word objective but show no signs of using objetice analysis as the foundation of your criticisms."
Me: "You admit something to be objectively true, then you say I show no signs of using objective analysis"
You: "I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE ACTION"
You: "Every fucking human being can tell it's unrealistic."
You: "I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE ACTION"
Okay bud.

When talking about an "Action, adventure..." anime, and someone brings up "the action", no fucking shit they're talking about the genre / general presence of it. Go to a romance manga and bitch about "the action" and watch everyone say "this is a romance, there is no action you idiot". Go to a chapter of a shounen with no action and bitch about "the action" and watch what people say. Go to a fighting chapter and say "I don't like the action" and watch people tell you "this is a fighting manga you idiot".

When someone bitches about a fight in an action manga, no one refers to that as "bitching about the action". Like if I say a particular part of romantic relationship in a romance manga is bad no fucking says "look at this guy bitching about the romance in this romance manga". That's so misleading.

Equivocation it is.
YautjaNov 25, 2019 7:41 PM
Nov 25, 2019 7:47 PM

Mar 2018
@Yautja Holy penautbetter. I'm not talking about your objectivity when it comes the action. My point was about your misuse of the word objectivity when talking about Canute's character. Are you masochistic?

Ofc you do? The complaints were about how battles play out with unrealism. I responded to that by saying "And wow, still complaining about the action in this series". It has been unrealistic from the first episode and onwards, so how is my reponse unclear, you have to be a complete fool. What type of argument are you trying to come up with here?

You just want it to be, but it isn't sir. It's all in your own head. You're not smart, stop pretending. It's actually laughable you actually believe to have a point.
EsquirtitNov 25, 2019 7:57 PM
poop
Nov 25, 2019 7:53 PM

Jul 2014
Canute was cool and amazing, the way ed song went was perfect
Laughed how thorkell became friends with askeladd
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Nov 25, 2019 7:58 PM

Feb 2015
Esquirtit said:
@Yautja Holy penautbetter. I'm not talking about your objectivity when it comes the action. My point was about your misuse of the word objectivity when talking about Canute's character. Are you masochistic?

Ofc you do? The complaints were about how fights play out, with unrealism (since the first episode). I responded to that by saying "Still complaining about the action in this series". What type of argument are you trying to come up with here?

You just want it to be, but it isn't sir. It's all in your own head. You're not smart, stop pretending. It's actually laughable you actually believe to have a point.

"Less objective" Do you know what that means? Here's another analogy.
"Hey, I heard your mom died, sorry, anyways, on a less depressing note, did you enjoy the game last night?"
Please tell me you're not this stupid and understand how English works now.

Ah yes, so a person has a problem with a specific fight ending in a way that favors the mc, I mock that problem by pointing to the lack of realism in the anime, how it's stupid that that is what he has a problem with when this unrealistic stuff has been is present and explains that specific fight and your response is "WHy yOu BiTcH bOuT AcTIon".
Thank you for making it clear about how little you understand about communication and English. My argument is you don't know how to fucking talk or reead, one that was made clear on the Chihayafuru thread.

Oh projection, how lovely you are.
Nov 25, 2019 8:10 PM

Mar 2018
@Yautja No, the fact you complain about my use of 'the action' makes it clear you're a complete fool, sorry. You're the one with bad reading comprehension. I already said my response was to you both, I'm not sure what's wrong with pointing out it's futile to still complain about the lack of realism, or to mention it all.

You're the one being too ambiguous. The action is objectively 100% unrealistic, or well, bullshit. So how am I meant to interpet your 'objectivity' towards Canute when you say "on a less objective scale". And you have the balls to say I use ambiguous language. Haha.

Fam, I completely destroyed your criticisms of Canute. You literally can only fall back to "it was too fast". It's done broski.

Go back to being pretentious towards other users. You have no substance. For too long are we arguing about bullshit because you want to have a point so eargly. Omg. So pointless. What the hell.

It was the exact same in the Chihaya thread. You come in and start about rambling about how much more objective you are, randomly putting series against each other, question some user's ratings, and look at you now. Complete and utter lack of substance when confronted with evidence why Canute's development has been splendid throughout, since his fucking introduction. Oh man, just burn. Keep being delusional.

Not to mention, you misinterpreted me many times too on that Chihaya thread, all because you wanted to have a point. Dude, this the exact same situation. Can't confront substantial arguments so you, maybe even deliberately, misinterpret me. Or it's subconcious because your brain knows you can't actually muster a proper retort. Oh, man.
EsquirtitNov 25, 2019 8:15 PM
poop
Nov 25, 2019 8:27 PM

Feb 2015
Esquirtit said:
@Yautja No, the fact you complain about my use of 'the action' makes it clear you're a complete fool, sorry. You're the one with bad reading comprehension. I already said my response was to you both, I'm not sure what's wrong with pointing out it's futile to still complain about the lack of realism, or to mention it all.

You're the one being too ambiguous. The action is objectively 100% unrealistic, or well, bullshit. So how am I meant to interpet your 'objectivity' towards Canute when you say "on a less objective scale". And you have the balls to say I use ambiguous language. Haha.

Fam, I completely destroyed your criticisms of Canute. You literally can only fall back to "it was too fast". It's done broski.

Go back to being pretentious towards other users. You have no substance. For too long are we arguing about bullshit because you want to have a point so eargly. Omg. So pointless. What the hell.

It was the exact same in the Chihaya thread. You come in and start about rambling about how much more objective you are, randomly putting series against each other, question some user's ratings, and look at you now. Complete and utter lack of substance when confronted with evidence why Canute's development has been splendid throughout, since his fucking introduction. Oh man, just burn. Keep being delusional.

Not to mention, you misinterpreted me many times too on that Chihaya thread, all because you wanted to have a point. Dude, this the exact same situation. Can't confront substantial arguments so you, maybe even deliberately, misinterpret me. Or it's subconcious because your brain knows you can't actually muster a proper retort. Oh, man.

Yea, because that's how people talk. I've explained like 3 times already and since I'm not getting paid for this, go to an English class or start paying and I'll do it a 4th.

Yea I'm the one with bad reading comprehension. Sure. You who does not understand English. Just pretend that analogy doesn't exist and make it extremely clear, I'll pretend not to notice. Here, I'll leave it here again and pretend I didn't.
"Hey, I heard your mom died, sorry, anyways, on a less depressing note, did you enjoy the game last night?"
I'm totally not asking you what you think someone means when they say "on a less *insert two words here*". I'm totally not going to bold you literally acknowledging what it means.
Assuming profile locations are accurate, funny how I the native English speaker know this and you don't.

Yea, sure fam, I'll pretend that's true. Not like I explained why that's bullshit and even made a bit sized analogy even you could understand.
"You're saying that a sneeze was a big enough flag for a character developing cancer."

Yea, I'm the one being pretentious, not you who goes out of his ways to start fights.

Yea, it was, you went in and started long winded fights with anyone who'd indulge you, with half-assed understanding of what people were saying.

Oh I misinterpreted you? Yea, sure. The threads are still there.
Esquirtit said:
@Yautja Ah, my bad I read this wrong
Nov 25, 2019 8:42 PM

Mar 2018
@Yautja Fine, I've never said I never misinterpreted some of your posts. Doesn't change you did with some of mine too. Why is this so important to you, couldn't we just keep it to talking about Canute only. I so regret my first post to you now. Should've started fresh.

I read some of your posts in episode 18 discussion, so I already knew what opinion you had on Canute's change. Alright, you see it as a sneeze developing to cancer. In other words, too fast. All the context doesn't matter, how he was written up till that point, it doesn't matter.

I responded to you knowing how you view objectivity in art, I'm not sure why you take so much of a problem with me saying I don't think you apply it correctly.

Cool, I didn't read that analogy of yours before because your posts were getting boring. Whatever, "on a lesser note" is an actual phrase, no one says "on a less objective scale", at least I've never heard it before. If that's how you meant it, fine, I get the humour, still doesn't change what I think of your approach towards Canute's character. Like, idk why this needed to be kept in the discussion at all.

Let's just end it now, unless you have something else to say. Sorry for being too rude I guess, thought it was okay since ep 18 thread was a fuckfest and everyone had differing opinions and presented them as truth. Too bad I wasn't there, would've been epic.
poop
Nov 25, 2019 8:50 PM

Mar 2018
Have yet to accept Canute didn't get Thorkell on his side because of how good of a leader he is, but Thorkell's motivation thus far.

Have yet to accept Bjorn and Askeladd's last men followed him because their fight was actually meaningless, so Canute just saying let's go to Thorkell already is the sensical option.

Yet to accept Thorkell finding him similar to Thors is another motivation.

You're saying he won them over with his own qualities, overestimating his character, disregarding plot ploints and character motivations, like a multitude of reasons why they follow him.

Yet to accept a prince accepting his duties as a king when losing his mentor, being left behind by family, having no one left, is a situation so chaotic it can drive a man to new conclusions and convictions, especially when one believes he's capable of achieving them.

Yet to accept earlier foreshadowing that he's capable of upholding different attitudes. Not "just a timid sheltered prince", more like a reserved one in front of others. Obviously things changed.

Well I'm done, we're never going to agree.

@Yautja
EsquirtitNov 25, 2019 8:53 PM
poop
Nov 25, 2019 8:55 PM

Feb 2015
Esquirtit said:
@Yautja Fine, I've never said I never misinterpreted some of your posts. Doesn't change you did with some of mine too. Why is this so important to you, couldn't we just keep it to talking about Canute only. I so regret my first post to you now. Should've started fresh.

I read some of your posts in episode 18 discussion, so I already knew what opinion you had on Canute's change. Alright, you see it as a sneeze developing to cancer. In other words, too fast. All the context doesn't matter, how he was written up till that point, it doesn't matter.

I responded to you knowing how you view objectivity in art, I'm not sure why you take so much of a problem with me saying I don't think you apply it correctly.

Cool, I didn't read that analogy of yours before because your posts were getting boring. Whatever, "on a lesser note" is an actual phrase, no one says "on a less objective scale", at least I've never heard it before. If that's how you meant it, fine, I get the humour, still doesn't change what I think of your approach towards Canute's character. Like, idk why this needed to be kept in the discussion at all.

Let's just end it now, unless you have something else to say. Sorry for being too rude I guess, thought it was okay since ep 18 thread was a fuckfest and everyone had differing opinions and presented them as truth. Too bad I wasn't there, would've been epic.

Lmao, yea, keep backing that truck up. Sure.
No, I didn't because my "misinterpretations" were just you not knowing what the fuck was going on. You're the one that brought this shit up and you're the one that started the argument.

Lmao. You just don't get it. "All the context" is the sneeze. The cancer is him now. It was not enough to justify this amount of change this fucking fast. Holy shit.

Because I said "on a less objective scale" and considering that analogy and what I've spelled out for you a dozen times, what do you think that means?

Yea, not like I posted them 4 fucking times for your dense ass who only reads half of what is said, and only remembers every other convenient word.
No, what's a common phrase is saying "on a less X" which means "disregarding X". Man, you must have failed so many reading courses.
"Anyways, on a less depressing note"
"Nevermind, on a less annoying topic"
"Regarding a less stupid person"
It's "needed" because your dumbass started a fight and still probably doesn't know what I'm saying and if you do, you don't care and continue to fight because of that "worlds biggest VS fanboy" status that you totally don't hold.

Maybe I'd believe that "apology" if it wasn't preceeded by a two shit way* flinging fest and you starting an flame war for no reason.

YautjaNov 25, 2019 9:06 PM
Nov 25, 2019 9:11 PM

Mar 2018
@Yautja Fam, I've never seen someone use it in such an absurd way "on a less objective scale" after having said somethings that's completely objective and still relevant to the same discussion because we're talking about the same anime. It's so stupid, honestly.

I'm aware of how "on a less/lesser X" is used, just never in a stupid way like you did. Cool? You used it in the lamest way possible to an extent I couldn't give a shit? Not to mention we had an conversation about objectivity before, further proof of mere confusion. But go on, flex your knowledge, it's really wonderful and important, totally never heard of it before.

You're not explaining why it's not justified.

In that Chihaya thread you most definitely misinterprered me many times. On here as well, or maybe not, I just really didn't care about this phrase and anology of years and read past it to know what you had to say about Canute. Which is only reason I ever quoted you in the first place. So sad.
poop
Nov 25, 2019 9:29 PM

Feb 2015
Esquirtit said:
@Yautja Fam, I've never seen someone use it in such an absurd way "on a less objective scale" after having said somethings that's completely objective and still relevant to the same discussion because we're talking about the same anime. It's so stupid, honestly.

I'm aware of how "on a less/lesser X" is used, just never in a stupid way like you did. Cool? You used it in the lamest way possible to an extent I couldn't give a shit? Not to mention we had an conversation about objectivity before, further proof of mere confusion. But go on, flex your knowledge, it's really wonderful and important, totally never heard of it before.

You're not explaining why it's not justified.

In that Chihaya thread you most definitely misinterprered me many times. On here as well, or maybe not, I just really didn't care about this phrase and anology of years and read past it to know what you had to say about Canute. Which is only reason I ever quoted you in the first place. So sad.

Yea, well your poor English is, like your poor reading abilities, your problem, not mine.

Oh, so now you're aware of it and you're just mad that I used it in a way you disagree with. Cool. Now it's wrong because it's stupid and lame, not because you misunderstood it. Oh deja vu. Not like generic template phrases like that can be adapted to any conversation instead of it being a cliche that fits specifics.

Yea, one you conceded to on a completely different different topic.

Because I've already done so a dozen times. Try rereading this shit storm you've stirring up once you're above a 6th grade reading level.

No, I didn't. Go look through it and quote me once admitting to it or find a misunderstanding that doesn't stem from what you admitted to having misread.
Nov 25, 2019 9:57 PM

May 2015
Another week, another thread with hilariously retarded "criticism" in it. xD

Nov 25, 2019 10:03 PM
Dec 2017
Love how Thorfinn has no problems fighting dirty
Nov 25, 2019 10:04 PM

Mar 2018
@Yautja I've already said like 10 times that this part of our conversation has been the least desirable part of it and I never cared about it. Already explained why I misunderstood it. I'm kinda happy you went through the effort of explaining your phrasing because I literally never paid attention to it, just glanced over it and thought "wait I don't care about this".

You know I don't about care such a phrase in such a manner that's just plain bad.

I don't "disagree", I accept that you used it in a proper way, it's just literally pointless and I don't know why you would do it on a episode discussion thread.

And there's the other side of it, that me misinterpreting it is just as valid given the context. There's no reason why it couldn't be misunderstood. Has nothing to do with reading comprehension. You still ended up giving criticism.

I'm not going to go back, I'm not masochistic lmfao. Remember it was something about a hyperbole, and you misunderstanding a sentence. Why does it still matter to you. I only brought our convo on that thread up because we argued over objectivity.

Like I said, only cared about discussing Canute. I hope you enjoyed this flamewar. I'm truly sorry and regret bringing up our past conversation instead of only giving arguments against your blatantly false criticism.

Clearly I'm right here about Canute's development and character writing thus far.

I've read back and you still don't have actual valid points as to why the sudden change wasn't handled well.

It doesn't matter anymore, you disagree without good justifications. I'm right and so is the majority who doesn't like to be a contrarian for the sake of it.

Epic flamewar was epic. Not going to reply again
EsquirtitNov 25, 2019 10:09 PM
poop
Nov 25, 2019 10:19 PM

Feb 2015
Esquirtit said:
@Yautja I've already said like 10 times that this part of our conversation has been the least desirable part of it and I never cared about it. Already explained why I misunderstood it. I'm kinda happy you went through the effort of explaining your phrasing because I literally never paid attention to it, just glanced over it and thought "wait I don't care about this".

You know I don't about care such a phrase in such a manner that's just plain bad.

I don't "disagree", I accept that you used it in a proper way, it's just literally pointless and I don't know why you would do it on a episode discussion thread.

And there's the other side of it, that me misinterpreting it is just as valid given the context. There's no reason why it couldn't be misunderstood. Has nothing to do with reading comprehension. You still ended up giving criticism.

I'm not going to go back, I'm not masochistic lmfao. Remember it was something about a hyperbole, and you misunderstanding a sentence. Why does it still matter to you. I only brought our convo on that thread up because we argued over objectivity.

Like I said, only cared about discussing Canute. I hope you enjoyed this flamewar. I'm truly sorry and regret bringing up our past conversation instead of only giving arguments against your blatantly false criticism.

Clearly I'm right here about Canute's development and character writing thus far.

I've read back and you still don't have actual valid points as to why the sudden change wasn't handled well.

It doesn't matter anymore, you disagree without good justifications. I'm right and so is the majority who doesn't like to be a contrarian for the sake of it.

Epic flamewar was epic. Not going to reply again

Lmao, took you 10 times to finally figure out a shit storm argument was you misunderstanding shit because you CBA to read.

Yea, it's bad because you say so. Sure thing bud.

Almost as pointless as you stirring up a shit storm because you disagree and can't fuckin' read.

No, it really isn't. You not knowing how English works doesn't validate shit. If anything, you misunderstanding shit gives me validation.

Yea, you are, because you continue to do this dance for no fuckin' reason.
I'll go quote it for you and define hyperbole, another thing you can learn while we're at it.
Hyperbole - A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect
Esquirtit said:
@Yautja Hyperbole was in regards to this, me using the word ''authority''

In that case, I still don't really see how that's hyperbole. Especially considering Poe's Law.
@Yautja Tbh reading your responses to @HiroM_ I think you're ridiculous for presenting yourself as if you have more authority than him based on his scores for AoT. I'll just leave it at that, there's no point in arguing when none of us are going to give our thoughts on these series in this thread.

There doesn't seem to be much exaggeration or joke here to me. But w.e.

Yea, and you did a bang up job ignoring and discarding everything you disagree with.

Sure, what ever you, guy who reads at 6th grade level and labels those who disagree with you as either a troll, contrarian, or hater. You're totally the bastion of judgement.

Deja vu.

Double deja vu. A genuine "because I said so" argument. I love the bandwagon fallacy.

Yea, doubt that, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
Nov 26, 2019 12:54 AM

Jun 2017
Well damn, that was nice. Looks like they're all teaming up now. Thorkell and his men will prove to be a valuable asset to the Prince, Askeladd too, he's cunning and smart. I can't wait to see the King getting dragged from his throne lol.
5/5
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 26, 2019 2:35 AM

May 2018
This series is really amazing, every episode felt wow to me and this is really entertaining. That was unexpected, Thorkell and Askeladd on the same team, really. Didn't expect any of that, still everything feels great and overall exciting.

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

391 by ecklonia »»
Apr 15, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

271 by Fibyu »»
Apr 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

792 by skywizard »»
Mar 29, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Mar 24, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

407 by xyara_girl »»
Mar 23, 12:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.