Forum Settings
Forums

Anime series that you'll never forget until you die

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 26, 2019 6:11 PM

May 2016
Every anime is forgettable if you have dementia.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Nov 27, 2019 7:50 AM

Jun 2019
acetamidoslfonyl said:
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen

Damn, you were too fast, I thought about mentioning it since no one did. But then, I can also say :

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (S1, with Sukeroku at his best^^)

Then, I would mention:

Subete ga F ni naru (enjoyed a lot the philosophical discussions; also, if you have some savings on your bank account before you die, you will not probably think that "time is money!")

Ok this is cheating since it came from a novel, but:

Aoi Bungaku Series, Ningen Shikkaku ("Mine has been a life of much shame. I can't even guess myself what it must be to live the life of a human being." I spare you the Japanese version...)

To conclude,

3-gatsu no Lion (or how recover from depression)
Nov 27, 2019 7:52 AM
Nov 2018
K-On!
Clannad, Clannad: After Story
YoriMoi
Nov 27, 2019 8:07 AM
Jan 2018
swirlydragon said:
actuallyaadhi said:

imagine remembering a shitty anime like re:zero on your deathbed

Ok that's a good criticism.
But considering that you are from Tamil Nadu (South India) where people barely watch anime and even if they do, most only watch mainstrean anime; I would consider your opinion invalid. Furthermore, you've barely watched any anime yourself (out of which majority I've already watched in your list)
Especially anime like Konosuba which are too generic.
And I am not gonna mention Kimi no na wa and Koe no Katachi. But BNHA, I mean like seriously?
It's a copy-paste of Naruto. Maybe you should watch more anime and then talk about the quality. You literally only watch mainstream anime.

Your post lost most of its meaning when u pointed out his nationality and locality to exert your righteousness
Nov 27, 2019 4:30 PM

Dec 2016
Naruto as it will always have a special place for me.
Nov 27, 2019 5:31 PM
May 2018
I will never forget THAT Gunbuster ending.
Nov 28, 2019 11:25 PM

Sep 2016
Definitely Elfen Lied .. i've loved this anime for years and and i don't think i'll stop~
Nov 28, 2019 11:30 PM
Jul 2018
Trigun! Trigun Trigun Trigun Trigun! ...Trigun.
Apr 2, 2020 4:17 AM

Mar 2018
Death note
Dragon ball kai
Kimi no na wa
Apr 2, 2020 12:23 PM

Dec 2014
Unless I develop Alzheimer or Dementia before I die, I guess none...
Apr 2, 2020 12:30 PM

Apr 2020
Honestly, the plot details all get blurry to some point. As someone who has quit anime for a while and recently came back, I'm ashamed to say I've even forgotten Haruhi, which I thought was the best show in the world. Even shows that evoked strong emotions, like Clannad, are blurry (though if I racked my brain really hard I might be able to come up with the storyline). It's even hard to recall what happened in childhood classics like Ghibli movies that I've seen many times.
Keep it simple, stupid.
Apr 2, 2020 11:52 PM

Dec 2019
> One Piece
> NHK ni Youkoso!
> GTO

These 3 have a special place in my heart
Apr 5, 2020 8:09 AM

Apr 2019
I'm not very good at remembering stuff, but,
Attack on Titan
Fate
Kimi no na wa
Rem is best girl
Sep 14, 2020 12:11 PM

Oct 2019
Naruto
Banana Fish
One Piece
Attack On Titan
Haikyuu
Sep 14, 2020 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
Naruto..
Of course..
:"D

OPM TOO..
Sasageyoo seriesss
Sep 14, 2020 1:14 PM

Jun 2020
Re: Zero is an absolute masterpiece for me since it builds up more tension and meaningful dark themes such as deathly wake-up calls. Some (or most) people are confused by the plot points from the S1 premise; however, for me, it’s really understandable for me to figure out what and how everything works rather than just toxic waifu wars since it talks about the perseverance through many ways whether it’s risky or not.

2016 was a blind year because of non-stop waifu wars, and some people wanted to roast Re:Zero as “meaningless dogshit” although they couldn’t focus on the story itself. I could say Arc 4 is where the REAL shit going on since the plot thickens more and more with so much character development. The lore itself flesh out the series with lots of concept that deals about their own lives at their own stake.

Yeah, it can be over-the-top, but everything in S1 premise has always the secret behind in the later arc (as a LN reader myself). Don’t ever underestimate my taste either because there’s no such thing as “good” taste or “bad” taste or “boring” taste.

Taste is the definition of one’s aesthetic value to grasp for, arbitrarily speaking.

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Sep 14, 2020 1:19 PM
May 2016
Gintama
Symphogear
Little Witch Academia
After the rain
Flip Flappers
Laid-back camp
Harukana Receive
Re;zero
Now and then,here and there
A silent voice
Fate/zero
Jeweler Richarad
Attack on Titan
Our love has always been 10 cm apart
Scissor seven
To Be Heroin
Sep 14, 2020 5:26 PM

Jun 2020
an anime series i would never forget would probably The Rising Of The Shield Hero
Sep 14, 2020 5:31 PM

Apr 2020
Mob Psycho 100, JoJo and Digimon Adventure.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Sep 14, 2020 5:37 PM

Aug 2018
Anything from my favourites, really. Gintama, K-On!, etc.
Sep 16, 2020 7:50 PM

Dec 2018
Attack on Titan, specifically the manga, but also the anime which introduced me to the franchise; the series significantly influenced me, especially the characters of Eren Yeager and Zeke. Another would be Legend of the Galactic Heroes, in which the political themes and the character of Yang Wenli definitely left an impression on my own political beliefs and convictions, along with being my gateway towards watching Rose of Versailles down the line. A third would be Vinland Saga, with Askeladd being an unforgettable character that makes you question the typical moral spectrum used in anime; if only more characters were written like him.
"I saw the Emperor - this soul of the world - go out from the city to survey his reign; it is a truly wonderful sensation to see such an individual, who, concentrating on one point while seated on a horse, stretches over the world and dominates it."
Sep 16, 2020 8:54 PM

Nov 2019
So far, and I mean it when I say so far, InuYasha. That's subject to change when I watch Steins;Gate or Brotherhood, judging by what other users have said.
Sep 16, 2020 8:58 PM
Dec 2017
psycho pass
cowboy bebop
black butler
madoka

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

30 by FZREMAKE »»
11 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

93 by Zarutaku »»
15 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 1 hour ago

16 by Coaghim »»
16 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 2 hours ago

4 by TsutanaiFuun »»
25 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

124 by Matt_MurD0CK »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.