New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 27, 2020 3:52 AM

Mar 2019
the ghost stories op, as much as I love the anime itself the op sucks
Mar 27, 2020 3:53 AM

Sep 2016
Fuzzylumpkins said:
I'm going to be highly unoriginal here and say death note op 2.
Personally any opening that has death metal rock in it I skip.
I had to skip hunter x hunter ed 1 a load of times after hearing the death metal shouting at the end, Jesus Christ

On the other hand I want more of that type of songs in anime.
Mar 27, 2020 4:04 AM

Feb 2020
Psycho Pass opening is bad also Parasyte and Death Note

Ecchi till I die all these loli's call me senpai

(‿!‿) ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)
Mar 27, 2020 5:54 AM

Sep 2017
I used to dislike Code Geass' second OP but now I like it...just a bit, I mean

However I can't stand Death Note's second OP, the screeching hurts my ears
I like metal and I even love songs like Fire Force's second OP, but this one is just pure suffering
Mar 27, 2020 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
Rescue22 said:
Mark_Dingemanse said:
The metal part of that vinland saga opening makes me cringe so hard. They try make it seem like its such a good anime while it feels nothing more than a generic shounen

In my opinion the worst opening of the second haf of 2019

You're insane! That OP was awesome for me

Survive Said The Prophet's a real good band
I can understand why a lot of people liked Vinland Saga's OP. Personally, like what @Mark_Dingemanse said, the screaming part just ruined the OP for me. I could say the same with Death Note's 2nd OP and anything by Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

I completely forgot to talk about Tokyo Ghoul Root A's OP. That is the real worst OP I've seen.
Mar 27, 2020 6:04 PM

Mar 2016
TheKawaiiToon said:
Rescue22 said:

You're insane! That OP was awesome for me

Survive Said The Prophet's a real good band
I can understand why a lot of people liked Vinland Saga's OP. Personally, like what @Mark_Dingemanse said, the screaming part just ruined the OP for me. I could say the same with Death Note's 2nd OP and anything by Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

I completely forgot to talk about Tokyo Ghoul Root A's OP. That is the real worst OP I've seen.

I can understand if you're not a fan of the genre I guess :/
Mar 27, 2020 6:39 PM

Sep 2018
Kata89 said:
PUT YOUR GRASSES ON!!!

Berserk 1998 has to be a top 10 worst of all time.

What the fuck. The song is a straight up banger and everyone knows it.
Mar 27, 2020 6:48 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Catalano said:

I wanna mention Narutaru op because it's disturbing, the characters are drawn by 4 year olds who discoverd crayons and they are all smiling and happy. The show is about depression, murder, rape, distruction, genocide, all the bad stuff. Seeing Akira smiling there makes me tear up a bit because in the whole manga and anime she doesn't even try to fake a smile. That show is that sad. Just look at it

It's absolutely one of my favorites, actually. It did the Madoka thing before Madoka did it, but with a much more distinct visual design and a far, *far* better song.

Just the song by itself I listen to regularly. I fucking *adore* the song. The visuals are a really nice touch, but how well they work with the song itself is what sells it to me so much. And the song is fucking great regardless in the context of being Narutaru's OP or not.

It also plays heavily into that whole contrasting element between the show and the OP - song itself sounds pretty happy and upbeat, but it's a song about a friend who killed themselves. And it's fucking god-tier. That sunny, clean guitar and the harmonica bit that really belts itself out. The baseline that slides all over the neck of the instrument. Oomph. Makes me moist.

It's definitely in my top 3. Not #1, that goes to To LOVE-Ru S1, but it makes a strong case for #2 or #3.

The OP itself also has a lot of badass, subtly amazing little visual quirks if you pause it and look at individual frames. Watching it nonstop doesn't make it look very impressive, but just look at some of the movement you can catch in the first 15 or 20 seconds.

1 2 3 before ending at 4. Or, another example - 1 2 before ending at 3.

All of that happens so fast that you can barely register the movements and you can't even see the changes at full speed, but you've got changing expressions and different little movement on the character bubble and shit just because lul. It's a nice little touch, I feel like.

Lastly, while I don't consider this very important, it's an OP you can watch in hindsight and see how many elements of the story that the anime covered are hinted at in the OP. It has rewatch value in that sense as well, on top of the little details. It pretty much spoils everything without telling you, lol.

My enjoyment of Narutaru is largely ironic - it's such a cheesy show. It's got such a pretentious and ridiculously edgy worldview it pushes that it's almost comedic. And the gore and grimdark are pretty fucking goofy more than anything. It's shock value mixed with a healthy sprinkle of sophist bullshit. I had fun, but it's not the way I think Narutaru intended me to have fun with it.

But it's a *seriously* fucking cool OP, and I mean that 100%. Heavily distinct aesthetic, absolute fucking god-tier track, and some really cool little split-second frame easter eggs peppered through.
ManabanMar 27, 2020 7:14 PM

Mar 28, 2020 2:41 AM

Oct 2010
Manaban said:
Catalano said:

I wanna mention Narutaru op because it's disturbing, the characters are drawn by 4 year olds who discoverd crayons and they are all smiling and happy. The show is about depression, murder, rape, distruction, genocide, all the bad stuff. Seeing Akira smiling there makes me tear up a bit because in the whole manga and anime she doesn't even try to fake a smile. That show is that sad. Just look at it

It's absolutely one of my favorites, actually. It did the Madoka thing before Madoka did it, but with a much more distinct visual design and a far, *far* better song.

Just the song by itself I listen to regularly. I fucking *adore* the song. The visuals are a really nice touch, but how well they work with the song itself is what sells it to me so much. And the song is fucking great regardless in the context of being Narutaru's OP or not.

It also plays heavily into that whole contrasting element between the show and the OP - song itself sounds pretty happy and upbeat, but it's a song about a friend who killed themselves. And it's fucking god-tier. That sunny, clean guitar and the harmonica bit that really belts itself out. The baseline that slides all over the neck of the instrument. Oomph. Makes me moist.

It's definitely in my top 3. Not #1, that goes to To LOVE-Ru S1, but it makes a strong case for #2 or #3.

The OP itself also has a lot of badass, subtly amazing little visual quirks if you pause it and look at individual frames. Watching it nonstop doesn't make it look very impressive, but just look at some of the movement you can catch in the first 15 or 20 seconds.

1 2 3 before ending at 4. Or, another example - 1 2 before ending at 3.

All of that happens so fast that you can barely register the movements and you can't even see the changes at full speed, but you've got changing expressions and different little movement on the character bubble and shit just because lul. It's a nice little touch, I feel like.

Lastly, while I don't consider this very important, it's an OP you can watch in hindsight and see how many elements of the story that the anime covered are hinted at in the OP. It has rewatch value in that sense as well, on top of the little details. It pretty much spoils everything without telling you, lol.

My enjoyment of Narutaru is largely ironic - it's such a cheesy show. It's got such a pretentious and ridiculously edgy worldview it pushes that it's almost comedic. And the gore and grimdark are pretty fucking goofy more than anything. It's shock value mixed with a healthy sprinkle of sophist bullshit. I had fun, but it's not the way I think Narutaru intended me to have fun with it.

But it's a *seriously* fucking cool OP, and I mean that 100%. Heavily distinct aesthetic, absolute fucking god-tier track, and some really cool little split-second frame easter eggs peppered through.

well, I'm a guy who likes pretty visuals and them crayon drawings were boring (maison ikkoku made it better in their 1st op). And Narutaru was an adaptation of a Kitoh Mohiro manga, what were they trying to pull there? almost everyone knew that this will be dark, edgy and violent, Madoka was original, it was a mystery that they would go to that route (episode 3).

I think the anime deserved a more serious tone, like Bokurano (same mangaka, got adapted), the tone in the manga was serious and even if the actions looked edgy and dumb it wasn't that sophisticated, it was about two or so factions trying to destroy the world and become the new rulers, we have Naofumi's view, that girl's view (forgot her name), Shiina's view and her boyfriend's view.

But I see how is so that you like it
Mar 29, 2020 10:17 AM

Jul 2017
tokyo ghoul's op is the worst one that i could think of
both in terms of visuals and melodies
Mar 29, 2020 10:20 AM

Sep 2018

Mar 29, 2020 10:23 AM

Jan 2016
So personal opinion that plenty will disagree with, I never liked TK's way of singing in OPs, so Psycho-Pass OP 1, Tokyo Ghoul, and 91 Days I never liked how they sounded. Just grates on me.

But the actual worst OP I've ever heard was Renai Bokuon. Which first off is a show that's rightly forgotten, but its OP was irritating to me in a way that I consistently skipped it when I was watching it.

And as for worst visually, has to be Soma season 4 OP. Soma OPs had a really bad habit later on of just listing every character in them, but oh dear God was it at it's most unbearable in the most recent season. The song wasn't particularly interesting either, but now unlistenable at least.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Mar 30, 2020 1:06 AM

Oct 2017
D-arts said:
Fuzzylumpkins said:
I'm going to be highly unoriginal here and say death note op 2.
Personally any opening that has death metal rock in it I skip.
I had to skip hunter x hunter ed 1 a load of times after hearing the death metal shouting at the end, Jesus Christ

On the other hand I want more of that type of songs in anime.

Yeah we could use more metal in anime. Big fan of the Watamote OP. I also did like the HxH ED1 maybe even more than the infamous OP.
Mar 30, 2020 6:38 AM
Jul 2018
TheProblemIsntMe said:
Kata89 said:
PUT YOUR GRASSES ON!!!

Berserk 1998 has to be a top 10 worst of all time.

What the fuck. The song is a straight up banger and everyone knows it.

Absolute classic too. The Engrish only makes it better.
Top tier OP, tbh.
Mar 30, 2020 6:48 AM

Mar 2019
Ghost in the Shell SAC's op looks like a ps1 game trailer and the song is totally meh
Mar 30, 2020 6:50 AM

Apr 2017
vinland saga's op is the worst one I saw recently
Mar 30, 2020 6:52 AM

May 2018
Maou_heika said:
Off the top of my head, Mousou Dairinin's op really irritated me, specially in terms of visuals

I really like it, i understand why you dont like it but it really setes up the atmosphere of the show, it weird, bewildering and a bit eerie. I cant imagine Paranoia Agent if it had a "normal" anime style opening.

-----------------------------------------------------------

For me it has to be the open to the anime "No. 6", the anime itself I enjoyed a lot, even if the story has its faults, especially towards the end of the series. But I never enjoyed the opening. I just dont like the music and the animation/visuals are sub-par at best. Im sure this opening isnt the worst and im sure a few people really do like this opening.. But its the first thing that popped in my head when I read the thread title.
Mar 30, 2020 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
_underscore_830 said:
Ghost in the Shell SAC's op looks like a ps1 game trailer and the song is totally meh

Lol, Inner Universe. Another classic. You guys are stretching as fuck.

PS: Imagine judging 2000(ish?) computer animation by 2020 standards.
Mar 30, 2020 6:59 AM

May 2018
KusariYaro said:

Whys that? Is it op1 or op2 because I REALLY enjoy both. But it did take a while for op2 to grow on me.

Im just wondering what part of the op you didnt like, because it was a good experience for me :P
Mar 30, 2020 7:05 AM

Apr 2017
Seijatachiiii said:
KusariYaro said:

Whys that? Is it op1 or op2 because I REALLY enjoy both. But it did take a while for op2 to grow on me.

Im just wondering what part of the op you didnt like, because it was a good experience for me :P

i don't think it fits that much, the second op is way better and it fits the theme
i love the anime a lot and i excepted as a first op more something like the second op tbh. like the begging of op2 really fits the anime

it's the audio i don't like, the visuals are okay
Mar 30, 2020 7:17 AM

May 2018
KusariYaro said:
Seijatachiiii said:

i don't think it fits that much, the second op is way better and it fits the theme
i love the anime a lot and i excepted as a first op more something like the second op tbh. like the begging of op2 really fits the anime

Yeah I get that, its a bit of a pop-rock song which is a bit jarring when your watching an anime about medieval europe, but i think i just ended up vibing with it lol
Mar 30, 2020 7:18 AM

Aug 2017
I never liked Code Geass R1 op 3, It's just very weird and doesn't fit with the show in my opinion.
Mar 30, 2020 7:20 AM

Apr 2017
Seijatachiiii said:
KusariYaro said:

Yeah I get that, its a bit of a pop-rock song which is a bit jarring when your watching an anime about medieval europe, but i think i just ended up vibing with it lol

exactly haha. I expected something medieval.
Feb 18, 2021 1:54 PM

Nov 2017
This one is so bad but amazing at the same time
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Feb 18, 2021 5:08 PM

Jun 2007
I nominate the second opening for Witchblade. The tone of the song doesn't fit the show at all, the animation is all recycled clips from the first half of the show with a bunch of filters laid over them, and the lyrics are mostly random nonsense.

At least they had the good sense to switch back to the first opening for the last episode.
Aug 29, 2021 2:16 PM

Oct 2020
Don't know if this counts, but when Digimon was localized to Brazil, they did this atrocity

Aug 29, 2021 4:07 PM

Jun 2009
FanofAction said:
Wow... a lot of hate for Death Note OP 2. Guess I'm in the minority since I actually liked it..

I kind of liked it too. I guess a lot of people think the song is annoying which is understandable.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

49 by EastIndiaCompany »»
2 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

28 by EastIndiaCompany »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

186 by Zarutaku »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 22

24 by M_MASTER »»
27 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

49 by BatoKusanagi »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.