Forum Settings
Forums
Nov 26, 10:18 AM
Angel of Dreams

I don't mind helping out

Nov 26, 10:23 AM

MelissaWolf said:
@neil if we are already in the discord is there a certain channel you want us the say we're interested in volunteering in? Or did you just want us to say something here again?

There's a channel called #lobby where you can drop a message letting us know you're MelissaWolf from this thread. Kineta will take care of the rest once you get verified.
Edit: There's a new channel in the discord server for people volunteering for the first time.
Modified by neil, Nov 26, 10:47 AM
💓 R E M E M I L I A 💓

Nov 26, 11:05 AM
Aye! I would like to help you guys out. q.q

Nov 26, 11:28 AM

How do I go about doing this?

Nov 26, 11:32 AM

Can't believe my favorite event is back already!

I'd like to volunteer this year as well

Nov 26, 11:54 AM

OneNaughtyBaby said:

Come and join here!
Modified by neil, Nov 26, 12:05 PM
💓 R E M E M I L I A 💓

Nov 26, 12:17 PM
I love mourad

Nov 26, 1:07 PM
Review Moderator
(=^・ェ・^=)

AHG said:
How do I go about doing this?

There are three different events you can sign up for and you can sign up for any or all of them.

For the recommendation events, you would be gifting an anime or manga recommendation to another user based on their likes and dislikes, as well as what they have seen already. You will also receive a recommendation gift from another user.

For the image event, you would be gifting an edited image that the other user has requested. This could be a profile picture, a forum signature, or whatever else they request. You can find some examples in the image event thread

Nov 26, 1:52 PM
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Min: 2, Max, 60
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): shonen, slice of life
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): yaoi
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): no
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): yes
Number of Completed entries on your anime list:
Does your list include everything you've seen (except childhood anime)?: besides hentai, yes, i dont have another list for hentai, i just dont put it in, btw dont recommend me hentai
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/tsukasa_hiragi
So basically I'm a weeb

Nov 26, 1:58 PM

neil said:
MelissaWolf said:
@neil if we are already in the discord is there a certain channel you want us the say we're interested in volunteering in? Or did you just want us to say something here again?

There's a channel called #lobby where you can drop a message letting us know you're MelissaWolf from this thread. Kineta will take care of the rest once you get verified.
Edit: There's a new channel in the discord server for people volunteering for the first time.

I think what she meant is that we are already verified and have been for quite some time. So is there a way to get back to lobby to notify we are interested? I'm not familiar with discord that much ^^;; Or should we do it somewhere else?
Modified by awarii, Nov 26, 2:02 PM

Nov 26, 2:07 PM
Forum Moderator
got any shinies?

tsukasa_hiragi said:
Does your list include everything you've seen (except childhood anime)?: besides hentai, yes, i dont have another list for hentai, i just dont put it in, btw dont recommend me hentai

You should sign up in this thread.

Nov 26, 2:07 PM
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): average anime (12 to 30)
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Sports, Shonens, Mistery, comedy
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): *isekai,
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Muts be available in CR
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 30
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen (except childhood anime)?: yes
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Dinamite05
=)

Nov 26, 2:13 PM
Review Moderator
(=^・ェ・^=)

Dinamite05 said:
❅ Min-Max length (episodes): average anime (12 to 30)
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Sports, Shonens, Mistery, comedy
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): *isekai,
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Muts be available in CR
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 30
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen (except childhood anime)?: yes
❅ Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Dinamite05
=)

Please post this in this thread! https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1812367

Nov 26, 3:48 PM
💜🖤

awarii said:

I think what she meant is that we are already verified and have been for quite some time. So is there a way to get back to lobby to notify we are interested? I'm not familiar with discord that much ^^;; Or should we do it somewhere else?

You can mention Kineta in #general and/or send her a DM so she can give you access to the event channel:

Modified by Kineta, Nov 26, 11:20 PM

Nov 26, 5:19 PM
Happy Secret Santa everyone!

My very first event; it's going to be so fun!

Nov 26, 5:34 PM

awarii said:
neil said:

You can post in any channel, just @ one of the mods and inform them that you're from this thread and are willing to help out. You can dm one of us as well.
💓 R E M E M I L I A 💓

Nov 26, 9:43 PM

neil said:
OneNaughtyBaby said:

Come and join here!

I've never helped out before. Do I just chill in the discord until instructions are given to us?

Nov 26, 11:33 PM

Dancho said:

You can mention Kineta in #general and/or send her a DM so she can give you access to the event channel:

neil said:

You can post in any channel, just @ one of the mods and inform them that you're from this thread and are willing to help out. You can dm one of us as well.

Thanks, both of you!

Nov 26, 11:49 PM
Ooo nice cannot wait

Nov 27, 12:24 AM

I would like to help if its all right.

Nov 27, 1:21 AM

Lightlawleit said:
I don't get it. How does it work ?

Same I'm too new to understand it :P

Nov 27, 4:15 AM

Nani?!!! o>O SANTA SAMA DESHTA HIMITSU EVENTO?!! o>O
(not sure if I am participating, but hapy holy days to everyone regardless ^~^)

Nov 27, 4:45 AM

Regarding Event #3: I hardly have any image-editing skills and haven't edited any MAL images yet. But I draw the Forum Avatars and Profile Pictures (such as the current ones) for myself. Will such images work?
Modified by goodguygreg, Nov 27, 4:49 AM

Whatever happens, happens.

Nov 27, 7:29 AM

goodguygreg said:
Regarding Event #3: I hardly have any image-editing skills and haven't edited any MAL images yet. But I draw the Forum Avatars and Profile Pictures (such as the current ones) for myself. Will such images work?

Yes! People do not usually draw, but it's appreciated if you do.

Nov 27, 9:06 AM

Conde_Mohr said:
goodguygreg said:

Yes! People do not usually draw, but it's appreciated if you do.
Okay, thanks for clarifying! :-)

Whatever happens, happens.

Nov 27, 9:37 AM

I'm hyped. I always look forward to the secret santa's

Nov 27, 10:47 AM
So, about the recommendations as presents: we don't have a specified number of anime that we have to recommend? We decide by ourselves how much we want to "give"?

Nov 27, 11:00 AM
Review Moderator
Lollipop Life

Qbeus said:
So, about the recommendations as presents: we don't have a specified number of anime that we have to recommend? We decide by ourselves how much we want to "give"?

There is no specific quota. However, we expect you to write a lengthier, more thorough recommendation if you only suggest a single title. Because of this, most users prefer to recommend 2-3 titles with briefer explanations for each.

Nov 27, 11:03 AM
Skittles said:
Qbeus said:

There is no specific quota. However, we expect you to write a lengthier, more thorough recommendation if you only suggest a single title. Because of this, most users prefer to recommend 2-3 titles with briefer explanations for each.

Thanks, I'll sign up. I was worried because of the potential to be paired with someone with whom I share a lot of stuff

Nov 27, 1:08 PM

NotxMe said:
Lightlawleit said:
I don't get it. How does it work ?

Same I'm too new to understand it :P

The process of this event broken down.

Hope I explained well and that you would consider joining the event. Do you have any specific questions that we can answer?
Modified by Stardew, Nov 27, 1:11 PM

Nov 27, 3:18 PM

If Santana Santa needs it, I'm here to help
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Actually, read the rules kids. Don't follow the steps of your old mate Chopn, he got it wrong and now is in exile.

Nov 27, 4:50 PM
DeadlyRaven said:
tsukasa_hiragi said:

You should sign up in this thread.
thanks for telling me
So basically I'm a weeb

Nov 27, 7:07 PM
i hope they let you trade away for a diff pic if you wanna chance for something else, like pokemon wonder trade
gives ppl options

Nov 28, 7:37 AM

cant wait <3
lets goo

Nov 29, 1:21 PM

It sounds very interesting and I would love to participate, it would be my first time in the holy secret, but I would love someone to explain to me how it is, thank you very much

Nov 29, 2:30 PM
I can't wait for thisss, I love giving/receiving recommendations so much aH

Nov 29, 3:42 PM
The Loving

It seems tots fun.

I'll throw in my aid as a helper too.
Compassion spreads like a wave

Nov 29, 4:56 PM
Review Moderator
(=^・ェ・^=)

Chelo24 said:

It sounds very interesting and I would love to participate, it would be my first time in the holy secret, but I would love someone to explain to me how it is, thank you very much

Have you taken a look at Stardew's post yet? It explains each part of this event.

Link -> https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1812370&show=50#msg58722591

Nov 29, 5:25 PM

Hello Mods,

I'm interested in helping out as an elf this year.
Let me know if I can be of assistance!

-R&T

Nov 30, 3:24 AM

@TlkanAbuto @rogueandtasty This is the link to the Mal discord: https://discord.gg/E2xC8ZF
Drop a message saying you're interested in volunteering for the event once you join the server to speed the manual verification process along. Some mod should let you in the new elves chatroom.
Dancho said:

@Chelo24 You can join one or various of the three events: anime, manga and images. For each one, you will post a request with some likes and dislikes, as well as other conditions. After the sign-up and confirmation period, some people (elves) will pair you with someone who hopefully will give you an anime/manga/image according to your request. But by entering you will also be paired with an user you will have to send a present to. To know how to make and send your present, how to sign up, or any other doubt you may have, feel free to read the rules at each event's specific thread.

Nov 30, 10:10 AM
Spiral Warrior

Sounds like a lot of fun but probably not my thing. I'm pretty damn picky and rigid in my preferences so I'm neither the best person to bounce recommendations off of nor to offer them. I'm also suuuuuuper amateur with any kind of graphic design, a skill I really should work on some time.

Hope the events are a success and fun for all involved though!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 30, 2:25 PM
I haven't done any past edits for the "past edits" criteria in the Images Secret Santa except Reddit Animemes. Can I still participate?

Nov 30, 4:40 PM

Sasori_Nagashi said:
Sounds like a lot of fun but probably not my thing. I'm pretty damn picky and rigid in my preferences so I'm neither the best person to bounce recommendations off of nor to offer them. I'm also suuuuuuper amateur with any kind of graphic design, a skill I really should work on some time.

Don't let that deter you from participating if you want, there are overworked elves to make sure recs are at least decent. :D

DaGuy_Vikavolt said:
I haven't done any past edits for the "past edits" criteria in the Images Secret Santa except Reddit Animemes. Can I still participate?

Of course! You can even link those to help elves evaluate your level in relation to other participants.

Dec 1, 9:55 AM
Definitely going to try this event out! I feel some form of nervous excitement thinking about it since it's my first event and all, should be fun.
Modified by Mystic_Writer, Dec 1, 10:00 AM

Dec 1, 2:31 PM
Conde_Mohr said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:

Don't let that deter you from participating if you want, there are overworked elves to make sure recs are at least decent. :D

DaGuy_Vikavolt said:

Of course! You can even link those to help elves evaluate your level in relation to other participants.

Wait, who do I send it to?

Dec 1, 3:29 PM

DaGuy_Vikavolt said:

The link? In your post where you're told to post it.

Dec 1, 4:57 PM
I'd like to volunteer if there are any spots open

Dec 1, 6:09 PM
Conde_Mohr said:
DaGuy_Vikavolt said:

The link? In your post where you're told to post it.

Then what would my skill level be for the "Your image editing skill level" criteria?

Dec 1, 6:32 PM
I wonder if I can get one personalized anime recommendation without having to recommend anything?

Dec 1, 6:38 PM
Review Moderator
Lollipop Life

Gho3st said:
I wonder if I can get one personalized anime recommendation without having to recommend anything?

Unfortunately, that's not possible in this event. Secret santa is mainly about gifting others, after all.

You can always try the Anime & Manga Recommendations subforum for your needs.

DaGuy_Vikavolt said:
Then what would my skill level be for the "Your image editing skill level" criteria?

If you've barely did image-editing before, choose 'Beginner.'

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »