Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 23, 2019 5:31 PM

May 2019
lihle808 said:
These characters are keep popping up out of nowhere. Where the fuck do they get them?

They just introduced this Renly character whom we haven't seen in our entire lives, and suddenly has a major development, what? In all honesty this war just lost me.

Has lost you? The season has lost itself since the 2nd episode.

By my count, still in this war (massacre) we have to be introduced to 1 new knight, to get more screentime of another one, and also be presented to another sub-villain. And Asuna is nowhere near.
Nov 23, 2019 5:39 PM

Jun 2014
So Linel and Fizel didn't go do something to Kirito like I thought, but to protect him, that was nice of them. Since Tiese and Ronye are useless.

So Renly is a coward because of his trauma of killing his best friend. And then he whoop suddenly gets over it by being inspired by a comatose Kirito trying to protect Tiese and Ronye... ok, lol, whatever.

Wait, let me guess, we'll get some backstory/explanation for the Scheta Integrity Knight in the next episode and it will take more than half the episode too. :/

Bercouli was cool and so was Alice's Spirit Bomb/Laser thingy.

(Asuna where the hell are you?)
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Nov 23, 2019 6:28 PM

Nov 2011
Oh my god...Alice is the baddest bitch in this entire anime. Holy shit that attack was utterly insane! My jaw hit the freaking floor.

Honestly she is the most developed female in this series imo.

I am just waiting for this show to take a turn for the worse with the enemy due to get an upper hand, and that garbage Asuna enters.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 23, 2019 6:35 PM

Dec 2013
they actually translated Renri, Scheta and Vector as Renly, Scheyta and Vecta.

why

anyways... A-1 cut a lot, welp. They cut Renri's talk with Linel and Fizel in the tent (which was why he actually came out to fight, not only just because potato Kirito tried to fight) and they even cut the scenes where Renri saves them from the goblins, welp.

And they legit skipped Linel and Fizel asking for permission to go there? Wtf A-1? Scheta would never accept them leaving without asking for permission first, this is bullshit

They didn't even put Kosogi mind games and why he was capable of going 1 on 1 with Renri

then again why would i expect A-1 to do justice to characters that arent kirito, asuna or garbalice.

anyways, seeing Renri animated is good, his voice is beautiful, and the double winged blades were nicely animated, tho iirc in the novel, the release recollection they actually become birds, don't they? oh well, it was still nice

oh, they changed the invading to exploding in the opening, thats actually cool

Renri/5.

RyouriNov 23, 2019 6:39 PM
Nov 23, 2019 6:43 PM

Dec 2013
I'm glad that Renly finally got his shit together in this episode. The way he calmly sliced the goblin leader in half was badass.

That was an op laser at the end.
Nov 23, 2019 6:58 PM

Apr 2015
Renly got his ass in gear, I guess seeing Tiese giving all her might to protect Kirito did the trick. Interesting weapon he has.

That burst element though! That was quite a destructive force! What is it with the sounds this week? After FGO this is the second Anime today where I have to tune the sound down cause literally every bit of glass in the kitchen was shaking. I love it though! :D

A bit more tame episode compared to last week. But atleast Alice and Bercouli made their first moves.
Nov 23, 2019 7:26 PM
Nov 2016
It's wonderful that we got to explore more characters in this world that we are fighting for. And of course how Kirito is still making a difference even though he's down. I am so looking forward to how every hater out there is gonna complain that he made an appearance and did something profound but they will miss that everyone else can fight or at least do something as well.
Also that special move that Alice and Bercouli did were so kickass.
Nov 23, 2019 7:27 PM
Jul 2018
Alice, kills like 1000 witches frickin right haha. On a side note, Kiritimati please wake tf up. Also isn’t Asuna supposed to have dove into the world?
Nov 23, 2019 9:03 PM

Jan 2017
I'm looking forward to Dee Eye Ell's reaction next episode.
Nov 23, 2019 9:52 PM

Jan 2011
Alice summoned a nuclear rail gun attack from a spirit bomb of all the dead souls

got it.

Nov 23, 2019 10:41 PM
Feb 2017
The Railgun, Dragon Ball, and SAO crossover we never asked but received: The Genkidama Railgun.
Nov 23, 2019 10:41 PM

Sep 2017
the only good things in this episode was that renly fight and alice's laser beam

bercouli's time slashing skill is op tho
Nov 23, 2019 10:47 PM

Sep 2019
Another good eps.

I have always been amazed of how beautiful and captivating this part is, and until now it haven't disappointed me.

Every eps has its own story to tell, and this one is about an integrity knight named Renly, who is trying to conquer the fear of being rejected and that guilty feeling of having killed his best friend.

Hard-hitting back-story though, but is it really necessary?

And, pls tell me that Asuna will have a fight with Alice soon. Plssssss :))
Nov 23, 2019 11:28 PM

Jun 2010
A pretty good episode although I don't care much for the Renly guy... seems just an excuse to throw in even more flashbacks again.. I'm starting to get my Naruto Shippuuden trauma back these past few episodes. The pacing really needs to speed up a little.. hopefully we'll see that next episode. I need more screen time for Alice as well.. maybe Asuna appearance soon too... and for god's sake Kirito needs to wake up soon or I'm going to lose my shit lol.

Nov 23, 2019 11:30 PM

Oct 2018
Short_Circut said:
emraanash said:
great action as always...

I don't remember why kirito is in a coma, can someone help me with that, please?

After he rkd Administrator, he accessed the console thingy and tried to communicate with those aboard RAFT, but then I believe Gabriel's crew did something to the power which essentially caused his fluctlight to malfunction or something along the lines, hence the comatose state

thanks brother..... :]
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Nov 23, 2019 11:32 PM

Jun 2010
BestBoiEren said:
enough of worst girl alice already, we need asuna asap!

Oh no you didn't... GET HIM GUYS.

Nov 23, 2019 11:53 PM

Oct 2008
Alice's golden senbonzakura kageyoshi was too awesome!
5/5.

Nov 24, 2019 12:50 AM
Jul 2019
Wow just wow. Alice💕💕💕💕
Nov 24, 2019 1:09 AM
Jul 2018
Alice is really powerful! She wiped all of those entities out in just 3 seconds!
Nov 24, 2019 1:17 AM
Jun 2017
Alice attack is so powerful and beautiful that those mages are killed instantly. Yeah..
Nov 24, 2019 3:41 AM

Jan 2015
HMS_Sheffield said:
BestBoiEren said:

Oh no you didn't... GET HIM GUYS.

she is a very overrated, mediocre at best character, so yes I did
Nov 24, 2019 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was not that great.

It was okay in general. I wanna see Asuna *.*
Nov 24, 2019 10:09 AM

Dec 2014
god that dark mage leader is ugly af, even goblins look better than her

and Alice~~~!!! <3 for Kirito! oh uh i mean, its my duty, lol
Nov 24, 2019 1:51 PM

May 2016
One must say this is by far best episode of this season.
Took so many screen caps of Alice visuals were fabulous.
Nov 24, 2019 2:33 PM

Feb 2014
I'm glad that this episode did shine some light into why Renly retreated like a coward from battle. During a sparring battle wit his friend in the past, his friend's sword broke when Renly went to attack, which in turn made Renly accidentally delivered a fatal blow to his friend. No wonder he's so petrified to fight in the war, but it doesn't change the fact that running away from the war was a cowardly thing to do.

On the plus side, he opened up to Tiese and Ronie, while guarding Kirito, before a goblin came in and started acting so smug and overconfident. After seeing Kirito clutch the swords in his hands, Renly finally got his act together and took down that goblin. He got his mojo back so quickly as he went back to the battlefield and with his unique shuriken-style blade, he took down one of the goblin generals.

Bercouli's attack on the second dark territory unit was pretty badass, but this was easily outdone by Alice, who unleashed a devastating beam that wiped out a large portion of the enemy army. Damn, she's already flexing her powers... XD

This was another good episode. Asuna still hasn't shown up at all which is still a bit odd, but I'm guessing that she'll appear in the next episode or two, hopefully.
Nov 24, 2019 4:05 PM

Sep 2014
Nonstop action from the start, little Quinella flashback, Alice unleashing a devastating spell, Dark Mage leader loosing her cool,

Amazing episode!

Alice spell seems to have obliterated the two enemy units completely, I wonder how effective that blast could have been if aimed at their main forces. In theory their deaths should unleash enough magic points for alice to gather again, I wonder if that happens now that apparently the enemies mages are gone.

Also, reddish skin is underrated.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 24, 2019 5:53 PM

May 2012
one of the more decent episodes of the anime so far. i hope we can see more of the green knight in the story so he is not just some mobs used to once again make kirito like a great husbando
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
Nov 25, 2019 12:16 AM
Feb 2017
@Superns18

About your review: you really think this beats Alicization P1? At the moment WOU seems kinda stale, even if a big war is going on. Atm I’d say it’s a 7/10, with P1 easily getting an 8/10, being the best SAO that has come out.
Nov 25, 2019 12:39 AM

Jul 2016
I can say for sure that this is the best SAO ....everything is different ,the MC isn't kirito, the author is giving a lot of attention to other characters and made us relate to them ,I can't stop loving Alice more and more (tbh i think i will start shipping her with Kirito),it's rare to find any plot holes , the bad guys are more developed ,more interesting and very strong , i can feel the story more
finally I am loving it so much and for me it's the best anime of this season ...at least for now
Nov 25, 2019 12:41 AM

Feb 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
@Superns18

About your review: you really think this beats Alicization P1? At the moment WOU seems kinda stale, even if a big war is going on. Atm I’d say it’s a 7/10, with P1 easily getting an 8/10, being the best SAO that has come out.

Easily blows part 1 out the water. That’s because I read the source material so I know what happens and it’s not even close. That combined with the fact best girl gets her time to shine as the protagonist and her taking care of Kirito for 6 months. Easily in my top 5. The story also gets a lot darker, writing gets better, stakes get higher, other people besides Kirito shine, and there’s plenty of emotional moments.
Nov 25, 2019 7:11 AM
Jan 2016
Great episode!

That flashback about Renly explained why he is so affraid of fighting, and it was sad how he finished killing his friend!

Ronie and Tiese found him and also a goblin, even in that state Kirito wanted to save them, and Renly got inspired and saved them!

Renly have twins respect, and mine, his dancing blades were awesome, i liked that!

Bercouli's time splitting sword was epic!

Alice is storing dead people energy from both side disabling thermal element from dark mages, Alice sent a powerfull beam with that energy stored, it was awesome!

Looking forward next episode, and for ASUNA!
Nov 25, 2019 11:16 AM
Apr 2012
Damn all those good looking witches wasted just like that. XD
Nov 25, 2019 4:59 PM

Aug 2019
BestBoiEren said:
Alice is best girl
Nov 26, 2019 12:43 AM

May 2013
Kaiser-chan said:
BestBoiEren said:

imagine getting mad at others opinion (about imaginary characters no less!) grow up m8

also they are both 800 times better than the blonde tsundere number 1003. who has 0 personality and all she does is be annoying all the time

" flat characters"

perfect description of alice

Imagine not making any sense. She have more personality than Hinata and Mikasa combined. She prideful warrior, a caring sister, practically act like a mother to Kirito and a tsundere. You can't make any argument, all you can say is that Alice is bad but nothing to back it up. It's like talking to a uneducated child. You are lowering the average IQ of users in this thread.

It's fine to not like her but to say she is a bad character is just you being incredibly hypocrite.

wish i could like your comment 50 times in a row. the guy has no idea what he's talking about and Alice is miles from being a flat character lmfao. Flat, buddy, means that a character DOES NOT CHANGE OR GROW throughout the plot.
????????????????
Alice literally has more development than anyone in this freaking anime lol. She is wonderful, has a personality, has her own way of thinking, changes that way of thinking, adjusts it, cares for everyone and is just a perfect character imho.
I'm really torn apart personally, but also not really. I do think that Asuna and Kirito have this... bond which won't and shouldn't be broken, but overall I love Alice's character way better than anyone I think.
Nov 26, 2019 2:47 AM

May 2018
Sadly, the second group of dark territory team was funny that everytime they made a move it fails. Both Alice and Renly was cool on this episode, nice.

Nov 26, 2019 4:34 AM
Sep 2019
This episode felt much longer than it should be ( In a good way )
Nov 26, 2019 8:20 AM

Jun 2017
Damn, poor grunts, taking the brunt of it all. Don't the Human Soldiers know the concept of shields? Shield formations? Not even a spear and shield formations in sight. Of course they will get slaughtered if they only hold one sword and try to fight the physically stronger Dark Territory inhabitants. If it weren't for the Integrity Knights, even if they had the numbers, I'm pretty sure they would've been annihilated. Anyway, I'm glad that green haired guy finally got his courage back to fight, lol, he even said that "I'm pretty sure there were some deaths already". LMAO, green knight, you're unit's almost wiped out and in chaos, do something. The last scene with Alice was really good, damn, the way she annihilated that entire army group was just awesome.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 26, 2019 10:27 AM

Aug 2009
Press F to pay respects to all the big titty brown bimbos.
Nov 26, 2019 11:28 AM

May 2018
Kaboom

Everyone in the valley is now dead, thanks Alice-kun xD
Nov 26, 2019 3:45 PM

Jul 2017
Opening up the shed of light that is Integrity Knight Renly and his broken cowardice, that all started from Administrator Quinella. No matter how he tries to muster his courage, it's only by sheer will that he overcomes the trauma and makes it back to the battlefront. His battle skill, IMPRESSIVE as the double-wing blades spliced the enemy in half in glorious animation. All that for the 1st half.

As soon as the Dark Territory engages their aerial forces, Uncle Bernoculi and Alice made their respective moves. The former showing his display of powers, and the latter exhorting in FULL annihilation. To protect not just Kirito, but even a soul that can be saved in this tragic war, no second thoughts are tolerated.
Nov 26, 2019 4:31 PM
Nov 2019
bercouli, renly , Alice are badasses
dark territory armies are all belng decimated...lol they don't even stand a chance

there was no reason to be worried about them from the start
its all pointless

still waiting for Asuna tho
Nov 27, 2019 12:59 PM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
It's a good episode. But I want to see Asuna..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2019 10:54 PM

Nov 2008
Amazing episode...Renly's pretty badass.

I actually chuckled out loud when the mage was like

"Where'd all those lives go?"

Alice: "RIGHT HERE, BITCHES." xD

Nov 29, 2019 6:19 AM

Oct 2016
Does someone know about the "??" the Dark Psycho had as values for his skills? I have a theory they might mean it's either infinite or it adapts to the soul/fluctlight logged into the character.
Nov 29, 2019 7:49 AM

Jun 2019
Alice burst element is so awesome!
Nov 30, 2019 2:21 AM

Oct 2017
Another great episode. Renly awakening and Alice using that huge blast was both great moments.
Dec 2, 2019 8:30 AM

Mar 2017
Holy shit, did Alice just take out the entire dark mage and orge unit in one hit?!

Even though he's a bit of a pussy, i actually really like Renly. He doesn't pretend to be this heroic knight; he's a bit of a coward and he knows it but he still gathered his courage and is fighting!
Dec 4, 2019 7:26 PM

Aug 2017
So, Integrity Knights like Renly can feel fear at times.

I like the part where Alice annihilated thousands of wolfs and witches. That attack was way too powerful.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 7, 2019 3:38 PM

Feb 2018
Very noob intergrity knight lol.
Dec 21, 2019 2:30 AM

Dec 2014
hmmm the battle rages on..but damn alice is strong
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Yesterday, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.