Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 23, 2019 1:51 PM

Dec 2011
W O W

What an insane episode. This makes me incredibly excited for some of the upcoming battles.
Nov 23, 2019 2:18 PM

Aug 2012
This fight was so well done. Sushi deserves grails and head pats. Makes me so excited for that moment.
Nov 23, 2019 2:48 PM

Jan 2017
I'm actually surprised, CloverWorks is doing way, WAY better job then I was think and even hoping!

They maded Leonidas and Ushi soooo badass
Nov 23, 2019 2:52 PM

Jan 2009
Armageddo said:
deg said:

and i do not get why Ushiwakamaru is rider class though since her illusions are not mounts or for riding? or is she rider class because of her speed alone?

Riders class can be applied to servants focused on movement as their main strenght, doesn't necessarly need to have a mount of any sort. Classes go a bit deeper than "he has a lance and he has a sword" and the names can be a bit misleading.

i see like i thought too then fast movements can be considered rider class
Nov 23, 2019 2:54 PM
Mar 2014
Today's episode is the best one of the season so far.
The sound effect and that kick ass battle.
simply wow!
Nov 23, 2019 3:19 PM

Aug 2018
So I'm supposed to have high emotional implication in Ushiwaka and Leonidas, way more than for the SIDES CHARACTERS that they are ?
I mean they bad-ass and all and both deliver great lines but come on we're at fucking light years of Cu Culain, Mordred, dare I say Iskandar !

Yet animation is cool and as how Demon Slayer proved it, people just need a couple a fluid frames to totally lose their shit and reason. (I still despise those random cgi shots)

I gave as much care for Benkei's story as Gilgamesh gave care of the fucking giant big tiddy snake milf in front of his town with laser shooting eyes, that means none.

Based faker Enkidu chilling 2 meters of his ennemies just to tell them "I told my mum to gtfo and helped you, btw I'm a god and I'll end your world next week" By far the best antagonist in this. Actually able to look in Ushiwaka's eyes when in front of her, which I cannot for obvious reasons.

Nov 23, 2019 3:26 PM
Aug 2018
Take notes SAO, this is how you go all out on super hyped up episodes. Not like your overhyped War of Underworld trash that has so far turned out to be a pile of underwhelming, lazy ass, lack of skill garbage. CGI robotic and terrible and fight scenes about is interesting as Shokugeki's slide show anime.

Nov 23, 2019 3:28 PM
Aug 2018
It's also fucking sad that this show is only a 7.9/10. The number of people who have dropped it or rate it low cause they think it's some Isekai crap disgusts me.

They have no idea what they are missing out on. The fight scenes and animation in this show so far has been fucking insane. Like One Punch Man level of crazy and even giving Ufotable's Heaven's Feel Part II a run for its money on what's the best....
Nov 23, 2019 3:29 PM

Sep 2009
deg said:

and i do not get why Ushiwakamaru is rider class though since her illusions are not mounts or for riding? or is she rider class because of her speed alone?

Her most famous victory IRL was in the naval battle of Dan-no-Ura. All admirals are classified as Riders as, you know, they "ride" ships.

And in game she jumps over ships for her Noble Phantasm. Just that it would have looked lame in this specific scene so they made her multiply instead.
Nov 23, 2019 3:38 PM

Apr 2009
deg said:
Her NP is a reference to Battle of Dan-no-ura and is about Ushi's feat in a sea battle. Commands or mastery over ships or feats involving ships gets you in the Rider class as well since those count as a 'mount'. See: Francis Drake, Blackbeard, Sakamoto Ryoma etc.
Nov 23, 2019 3:45 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty good episode, action-wise even developement-wise. I guess they really blew the budget on this one and it really felt epic.

I guess the only one who would be able to defeat her would be Lily Medusa herself but it still bothers me a lot how they want to defeat someone immortal and what Mashu and Fujimaru can possibly do by themselves.
Nov 23, 2019 3:48 PM

Sep 2013

Armageddo said:

Jaguar man is a bit of a weird case since in Mayan mythology he was mainly lending his powers to humans he possesed and in FGO "he" exists in similiar way to Ishtar or Eri except instead of merging two personalities we got Taigas personality with Jags power and identity. I still have a big problem with the onesie tho.

Regarding the onesie, interestingly enough, this is how the Jaguar warriors supposedly dressed like So the servant version of Jaguar Warrior is faithful in its own way lol
Nov 23, 2019 3:53 PM

May 2016
akariaku said:

Regarding the onesie ...

Yes I've seen those but still wearing a full jaguar skin isn't quite on the same level as a plush onesie. Still it shows that sometimes Fate is closer to its source than most media, like in Frankenstein's case.
Nov 23, 2019 4:05 PM

Oct 2015
Ushiwaka is really like a cockroach right now, damn they're dragging her death too long. Funny how useless Fujimaru didn't show much care for at the end, the bastard didn't even look for her body!

I hope that monster kills Gilgamesh, that would be the coolest thing about this show.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 23, 2019 4:23 PM
Oct 2018
I already know what happend to ushi & leo, but man, that anime version is georgeous. CG animation is less than I expected before. Also animation is as good as usuall. But there are one concern about this episode.....

USHI & LEONIDAS ANIMATION UPDATE WHEN DW!!?
Jan 2017
Fate/Grand Order delivers yet another fine episode! The battle with Tiamat begins and, oh dear Lord in Heaven, what a monster of an enemy Tiamat is. The heroes throw out they have at Tiamat, and she decimates a huge part of the Northern Wall. It's only thanks to Enkidu that Uruk isn't completely destroyed, but even then, the failure the heroes taste today is really bitter. Good people die in this battle and the villains continue their plan unopposed. The best thing the heroes get from this raw deal is the motivation to do better next time. That was the best moment in this episode and I think Ritsuka deserves some real hero cred for displaying his resolve. This is one of the finest shows of the season and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Feb 2016
goddamnit ushi! Keep your promises to your friend plss...and SPARTAN wooo!!
Can't wait for what's more coming altho there's gonna be a 2 recap episodes urgghhh and who though bringing rider and lancer class to an avenger fight is a good idea..i've never been stressed on how useless the mc is, wait that's me lol...Who thought it was a good idea bringing rider and lancer class to an avenger fight
Nov 23, 2019 4:37 PM

Aug 2010
This episode has a little, big problem
Nov 23, 2019 4:43 PM

Feb 2017
ThiccElinThighs said:
Bad CG snakes, weird animation (but still kinda cool), nonsensical dialogues.

I'm hesitating to give it more than 6/10.

That was great .. idk what you're expecting....
i mean almost no seasonal anime have this level of sakuga
and animation.
CG is not even close to be as bad as you're making it to be
Nov 23, 2019 4:46 PM
Oct 2019
Pppl kept saying new ep is the best ep. I dont know what will they say at the last part.
Nov 23, 2019 5:18 PM
Aug 2018
Wow, finally a good fight scene and episode.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Nov 23, 2019 5:28 PM

Nov 2015
So this is where my gacha money went huh. Cloverworks really outdid themselves with this ep, really impressed.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Nov 23, 2019 5:30 PM

Sep 2010
Why are you guys calling Gorgon Tiamat when it's revealed she's not Tiamat in the episode already? I have a couple of criticism despite being overall good:

1) Wasting time on extending Ushiwakamaru, who isn't a big player, and gets costly of actual important characters? They did that again with that anime only scene she talks with Ritsuka for no reason. Afaik, she gets flattened easily by Gorgon in her first charge in the game and Kingu retrieves her.
2) The CGI still looks very awkward.
ThessNov 23, 2019 5:34 PM
Nov 23, 2019 5:34 PM
Nov 2014
Hello. Please, allow me to explain the 2/5 rating.

The season is supposed to be 26 episodes long.

We're 8 episodes in. I'm not an expert scenarist, not the most avid reader, but story-wise it felt like they blew their load too quickly, just to show off how OP Tiamat was.

A few details:
- Compounding two deaths of already underdevelopped characters into the same episode reduces the weight and importance of each death.
- Ideally, they should've lost at most one Servant and then we would see other living with the grief. Deaths would be spaced out and really felt, as the defenders of the wall fall one by one.
- The hell was Gilgamesh doing if he was the summonner? he should've recalled both Servants before they were completely wiped out (granted he might have approved of Ushiwakamaru's kamikaze attack but within the rules of the Nasuverse Leonidas might have been salvageable)

More importantly, if the idea behind the episode was to convey a "Darkest Hour" as it is defined in fiction, then it is misplaced. Darkest Hours usually occur right before the final act, they often serve as the make of break moment where the protagonist surrenders to despair or find something that might be a solution, or at least the willpower to keep fighting.
Some stories can carry several "Darkest Hours" but the placement of this one felt weird. If one third into the story Team Fujimaru is already down two Servants, the hell will they do in the next two thirds of the anime, especially now that the wall has been completely blown up?

Tl;dr nice effects and fan service, the fight scenes were good, but the strategical placement of these character and wall losses seemed misaligned. Let's see how the show will continue afterwards.
Nov 23, 2019 5:37 PM
Nov 2019
I think there is a slight problem here. Don't get me wrong, I like it. the episode was badass and the animations are dope. But to me, the pacing of the story is, kinda rushed? I feel the conversation is confusing at times.
A solid 8/10 from me
Nov 23, 2019 5:38 PM

Sep 2010
Aidamis said:
We're 8 episodes in. I'm not an expert scenarist, not the most avid reader, but story-wise it felt like they blew their load too quickly, just to show off how OP Tiamat was.

That was Gorgon, not Tiamat. It's stated in the episode.

Gilgamesh is in Uruk, miles away. He's protecting that city. Also I agree about the episode wasting time on Ushiwakamaru with all those added filler scenes, it just took away from Leonidas' last stand.
Nov 23, 2019 5:40 PM
Nov 2014
Maybe_No said:
I think there is a slight problem here. Don't get me wrong, I like it. the episode was badass and the animations are dope. But to me, the pacing of the story is, kinda rushed? I feel the conversation is confusing at times.
A solid 8/10 from me

I get the same feeling as well. Wasn't the show supposed to be 26 episodes long? if they are compressing here, what do they want to invest more time in? romance arcs between Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
Nov 23, 2019 5:44 PM
Nov 2014
Thess said:
Aidamis said:

That was Gorgon, not Tiamat. It's stated in the episode.

Gilgamesh is in Uruk, miles away. He's protecting that city. Also I agree about the episode wasting time on Ushiwakamaru with all those added filler scenes, it just took away from Leonidas' last stand.

Oups, kinda forgot about how busy he was
Nov 23, 2019 5:45 PM

Apr 2015
Aidamis said:
Maybe_No said:
A solid 8/10 from me

I get the same feeling as well. Wasn't the show supposed to be 26 episodes long? if they are compressing here, what do they want to invest more time in? romance arcs between Gilgamesh and Enkidu?

It's 21 eps, not 26 ?
Nov 23, 2019 5:47 PM

Sep 2010
Aidamis said:
Oups, kinda forgot about how busy he was

He's not just busy, if he leaves, the place will be unprotected because everyone went to Nippur.
Nov 23, 2019 5:48 PM
Nov 2019
Aidamis said:
Maybe_No said:
A solid 8/10 from me

Lol romance arcs between Gil any enkidu XD. Yeah and I agree with ushi and Leonidas being underdeveloped. I think they should flesh out the character more. The death of Leonidas is okay at best. ushi on the other hand, I just feel bad for her :/
Nov 23, 2019 5:50 PM

Apr 2015
This was pretty sick, Leonidas and Ushiwakamaru put up a hell of a fight against Gorgon. I liked the animation, the CG gorgon was noticeable, but I think it was alright in the end.

The end where Ushiwakamaru gets stabbed in the guts by Enkidu was pretty hard to watch, poor girl :( I am glad to see her to be still alive, however I have a feeling that won't last too long...
Nov 23, 2019 5:54 PM

Mar 2019
Aidamis said:

A few details:
- Compounding two deaths of already underdevelopped characters into the same episode reduces the weight and importance of each death.
- Ideally, they should've lost at most one Servant and then we would see other living with the grief. Deaths would be spaced out and really felt, as the defenders of the wall fall one by one.
- The hell was Gilgamesh doing if he was the summonner? he should've recalled both Servants before they were completely wiped out (granted he might have approved of Ushiwakamaru's kamikaze attack but within the rules of the Nasuverse Leonidas might have been salvageable)

More importantly, if the idea behind the episode was to convey a "Darkest Hour" as it is defined in fiction, then it is misplaced. Darkest Hours usually occur right before the final act, they often serve as the make of break moment where the protagonist surrenders to despair or find something that might be a solution, or at least the willpower to keep fighting.
Some stories can carry several "Darkest Hours" but the placement of this one felt weird. If one third into the story Team Fujimaru is already down two Servants, the hell will they do in the next two thirds of the anime, especially now that the wall has been completely blown up?

Tl;dr nice effects and fan service, the fight scenes were good, but the strategical placement of these character and wall losses seemed misaligned. Let's see how the show will continue afterwards.

Not Tiamat not sure why people keep saying that after this episode

To be fair people had years to get attached to these characters.

Ushi isn't dead we saw this

Why would Gil have command seals?

This is nowhere near the darkest hour.
Nov 23, 2019 6:39 PM
Jan 2015
I've seen more than a few complaints on here that wouldn't be an issue if people just paid attention, good grief.

My Queens

Nov 23, 2019 7:05 PM
Oct 2017
ThiccElinThighs said:
Bad CG snakes, weird animation (but still kinda cool), nonsensical dialogues.

I'm hesitating to give it more than 6/10.

Considering that 75% of your all-time forum posts are about how "CW is going to ruin this anime" and "Babylonia bad" I'm having a hard time taking your opinion seriously. Are you just seething that the adaptation is turning out well or that there hasn't been a new chapter of the Black Lagoon manga in 4 years? Or maybe it's that Madhouse is a dead man walking. Who knows?
Nov 23, 2019 7:07 PM

Aug 2019
god damn that whole fight scene was so bloody well animated and well done i had chills the entire time

ushi's vs gorgon fight scene was so intense with death rays and explosions at some points (like ushi using her NP) the animation went from art to bloody concept art! I also really don't like hearing the combination of Ushi + Grail Mud. In my opinion it isn't really a healthy option. Also DW maybe idk maybe like a small NP animation update for ushi? plz and thanks
i have a new found respect for leonidas, that man single handly held off a whole ass blow from a goddess and died a heroic death.
Also can we take a hot minute to appreciate the sound effects in this anime? Holy hell this gotta be some of the best sound effects i've heard from an anime bravo!
now don't mind me sneaking off to grail my ushi
Nov 23, 2019 7:13 PM
Oct 2017
-Mahesvara said:
I've seen more than a few complaints on here that wouldn't be an issue if people just paid attention, good grief.

That's how it has always been, and how it always will be. People always complain "Show not tell!" but, then when it's done, it completely flies over their heads. It's really just that they need someone to tell them what is good and what they should like because this, this, and this.
Nov 23, 2019 7:16 PM

Feb 2014
Though my flesh may fall, my soul will always stand for humanity. RIP Leonidas. A true warrior till the end.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 23, 2019 7:19 PM
Oct 2017
Dai-Shouri said:
Aidamis said:

A few details:

Not Tiamat not sure why people keep saying that after this episode

To be fair people had years to get attached to these characters.

Ushi isn't dead we saw this

Why would Gil have command seals?

This is nowhere near the darkest hour.

He literally answered his own musing lmao, "8 out of 26 episodes". Really guys? It's not hard, the story hasn't even started. It's framed this way because Ritsu has literally been dropped into the middle of a in-progress war, and things have been brewing for quite some time that will come to light in later episodes. Why do you thing Gil has basically fucked off? Why Ishtar's hair is changing? Why Merlin is so skittish?

J e s u s
Nov 23, 2019 7:38 PM

Mar 2008
Man you anime viewers are missing all the meaningful CLEVER details that the show so subtly throws in it's not like the game needed to HIGHLIGHT these over and over with words these words more words and words Gee wizzy this whole story is so simple how can you not see this coming Use your nose #hindsight #farsight and smell that intertwining plotting Like I totally didn't know what's relevant or not but I can still tell even with mystic eyes Just omg can't believe these anime viewers they know nothing it can't be because of the anime's deficiencies it's too basic can't you see Pay attention to the D i a l o g u e emphasis when it's tell amirite zasshu101 pass me my goblet sourcefriends

Rejoicing aside, that 300 stole the show. Ushiwaka's action kind of stretched a bit thin and go repetitive which was a shame, but hopefully this is a good standard for what's to come
Nov 23, 2019 7:39 PM

Jan 2011
deg said:

Armageddo said:

Riders class can be applied to servants focused on movement as their main strenght, doesn't necessarly need to have a mount of any sort.

deg said:

Nachtwandler_21 said:
Her most famous victory IRL was in the naval battle of Dan-no-Ura. All admirals are classified as Riders as, you know, they "ride" ships.

And in game she jumps over ships for her Noble Phantasm. Just that it would have looked lame in this specific scene so they made her multiply instead.

Wrong! wrong!! wrong!!! What a lame i just read?
General condition for servants placed within this class are those known for riding mounts, whether living beasts or human constructs, during their lives.

Not the speed or army (please stop spreading this false information).
What's why Iskandar is rider - Gordius Wheel and Bucephalus. Not a army.
What's why Achilles rider - his famous chariot with 2 divine horses (and they are talking!) and 1 mortal horse. Not a speed.

In Ushi case - her mount is a white horse called Tayuuguro, its mentioned in her profile and material works. What's why she's rider. I don't know why she not use him. Damn! This famous tale, how can nobody care? https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/typemoon/images/5/5e/RiderGOhorse.png

Jan 2011
deg said:
Armageddo said:

Riders class can be applied to servants focused on movement as their main strenght, doesn't necessarly need to have a mount of any sort.
deg said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Wrong! wrong!! wrong!!! What a lame i just read?
General condition for servants placed within this class are those known for riding mounts, whether living beasts or human constructs, during their lives.

Not the speed or army (please stop spreading this false information).
What's why Iskandar is rider - Gordius Wheel and Bucephalus. Not a army.
What's why Achilles rider - his famous chariot with 2 divine horses (and they are talking!) and 1 mortal horse. Not a speed.

In Ushi case - her mount is a white horse called Tayuuguro, its mentioned in her profile and material works. What's why she's rider. I don't know why she not use him.
And her phantasm is actually jumping technique, where is no need boats just a slightest foothold. Yeah, she need animation update...

Damn! This famous tale, how can nobody care?
lesikNov 23, 2019 7:49 PM

Sep 2010
It's 21 episodes, not 26.
Nov 23, 2019 7:51 PM
Nov 2015
deg said:
so Leonidas is lancer class then makes sense with that amount of lances he thrown with his illusions

Yes also in game her np leap every boat to slay.
Nov 23, 2019 8:14 PM
Sep 2019
Noooooo ushiwakamaru will become berserker after being corrupted by tiamat
GurenNoOuNov 23, 2019 8:19 PM
Nov 23, 2019 8:21 PM

Apr 2013
There's something effish about the framerate when they animate Gorgon.

But dayyum the anime certainly flashed out and gave the two servants a well deserved send off.

2 and 3 star ratings in game dont matter much. They're all legends that earn their place in the throne.

Goodbye Leonidas and Ushi. T^T
Nov 23, 2019 8:25 PM

Sep 2016
Ep 9 preview images: https://anime.fate-go.jp/ep7-tv/story/?story=09

It seems the story will flow through Chapter 10 in the next episode, we'll see how much in it will go, I hope until "Mash did the thing" ;)
(so at least the first 3 arrows out of 4, but hopefully we could get all 4)

(Chapter 9 was done completely as I expected in this episode, the last arrow is literally Merlin stepping in, Gorgon using her mystic eyes and getting exposed as non-Tiamat, and Enkidu revealing they are Kingu and basically saving everyone's ass, starting the 10 days ultimatum before disaster)

I wonder how this anime is rushed, according to some people.
We're 8/21 episodes in, with 9/22 chapters from the main story done.
We're on par to say the least.
bruh
Nov 23, 2019 11:06 PM
Jul 2018
Holy mother of sakuga! This episode was fucking amazing! They're really doing an incredible job of adapting the Babylonia singularity, this is way beyond the expectations I had for this anime.
removed-userNov 23, 2019 11:21 PM
Nov 23, 2019 11:18 PM
May 2017
This episode blew my expectations out of the fucking water.
The animation is pure eyes candy, the sound design? Music to my ears!
Nov 23, 2019 11:22 PM

Dec 2014
How does Ushiwakamaru not have a single nip slip. smh

RIP Leonidas. Lancers always die
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

220 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.