Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 23, 2019 4:07 AM

Apr 2014
I haven't watched a lot of anime recently.

What's this 4th season? I see some All-Might looking young boy on the cover. Who's that? Is he strong?
themanualreader@proton.me
Nov 23, 2019 4:09 AM

May 2018
Darius said:

What's this 4th season? I see some All-Might looking young boy on the cover. Who's that? Is he strong?

They already introduced Mirio in the 3rd season... he's one of the big 3 and yes he's strong.
Nov 23, 2019 4:17 AM

Apr 2014
Rider9530 said:
Darius said:

They already introduced Mirio in the 3rd season... he's one of the big 3 and yes he's strong.

Didn't watch 3rd season apart from the big fight on youtube
Nov 23, 2019 4:21 AM

May 2018
Darius said:
Rider9530 said:

So why are you even asking about the 4th season?
Nov 23, 2019 7:50 AM

Apr 2014
Rider9530 said:
Darius said:

Tickled my curiosity
Nov 23, 2019 8:19 AM

May 2018
Darius said:
Rider9530 said:

Tickled my curiosity

Why didn't you watch the other seasons of MHA? are you waiting for something or you just didn't like the first season?
Nov 23, 2019 8:57 AM
Nov 2016
This new season is great, the atmosphere is darker than previous seasons and the blonde guy is Mirio and he’s the best part of this season according to me. And he’s incredibly strong, he’s the strongest in UA and also stronger than most pro heros.
Nov 23, 2019 9:06 AM

Feb 2015
It's boring for now, but it will certainly get better later. Like S3, actually.
Nov 23, 2019 10:01 AM

Apr 2016
I found it boring for the most until now, but I’m not a big fan of the series, I didn't like too much the previous seasons as well.
Nov 28, 2019 5:55 PM

Oct 2018
First half is more dialogue intensive. The action isn't gonna come until much later if that's what you're looking for.
Nov 30, 2019 6:26 AM
Jun 2015
Really boring. They're mission is to rescue a loli...
Nov 30, 2019 7:27 AM
Jul 2019
I haven't read the manga.judging by first 7 episodes i had watched It's pretty much decent
But i heard it's gonna be the darkest season yet
I hope it's gets better in the incoming episodes
(Plz Ignore my bad English)
Nov 30, 2019 6:45 PM

Mar 2009
It's just more My Hero Academia.
Nov 30, 2019 9:39 PM
Oct 2017
I dropped since ep 6. Too much filler and unnecessary scenes plus some new characters that I don't want to give a damn about them. Also I don't see any character development from the main cast at all... But I hope it will get better as many manga readers said.
Dec 1, 2019 1:52 AM
Oct 2019
AdamGrongos said:
This new season is great, the atmosphere is darker than previous seasons and the blonde guy is Mirio and he’s the best part of this season according to me. And he’s incredibly strong, he’s the strongest in UA and also stronger than most pro heros.

I will never ever forget his fight with class 1-a.
Dec 1, 2019 9:20 AM
Jul 2014
HectorBlaze said:
I found it boring for the most until now, but I’m not a big fan of the series, I didn't like too much the previous seasons as well.

Then why are you even here?
Dec 1, 2019 9:22 AM

Apr 2016
Devil_Food said:
HectorBlaze said:

Then why are you even here?

I'm here because I want to be here, what’s your problem with that?
Dec 2, 2019 1:04 AM

Apr 2016
JustOppais said:
HectorBlaze said:

I'm here because I want to be here, what’s your problem with that?
use your time to find a show you enjoy?

Another time, I use my time to watch what I want, what’s your interest in that?! It’s not your problem.
Dec 2, 2019 1:39 AM

Nov 2019
It's a little boring until now. But slowly it is getting to the good parts.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Dec 2, 2019 2:15 AM

Jul 2016
The best season so far. It's finally living up to my expectations.
Dec 2, 2019 7:14 AM
Dec 2018
HectorBlaze said:
JustOppais said:
use your time to find a show you enjoy?

Another time, I use my time to watch what I want, what’s your interest in that?! It’s not your problem.

I agree tho. This season has a ridiculously slow and boring build up. Every managa fan keeps saying it gets better but we're a 1/3 through the season and it's mostly fillers with little to no action. Only Red Riot episode was actually exciting. I don't get why MHA fans are so offended by a person's opinion about the show build up and will kick them out instead of encouraging them to see what is so good about the series. Not very Hero-like
Dec 2, 2019 8:10 AM

Apr 2016
Kelsey_Hoover said:
HectorBlaze said:

I agree tho. This season has a ridiculously slow and boring build up. Every managa fan keeps saying it gets better but we're a 1/3 through the season and it's mostly fillers with little to no action. Only Red Riot episode was actually exciting. I don't get why MHA fans are so offended by a person's opinion about the show build up and will kick them out instead of encouraging them to see what is so good about the series. Not very Hero-like

What they said could be reasonable if I was one of that people the most generally call “haters” that comes here only to say the series is trash, shit or something similar. However, I’m not one of that people, I simply don’t like too much the series, nothing more, nothing less.
By the way, I agree with your thought about the show.
Dec 2, 2019 10:40 AM

Sep 2011
it just feels very standard, I dont particularly care for the action set pieces but more the characters and how the story progresses, this just feels like the overall plot and characters screeched to a halt and we need to focus on a pretty generic one off bad guy in a mask.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 2, 2019 9:37 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
This anime got a lot of attention so I started watching it instead of marathon it when it's finished.

But yea, S4 does feel standard, slow and generic like some people said earlier.

People who saying this season is good is probably hardcore fans or manga reader who already know what this season is about.

If someone ask why am I here->I'll ask them the same question: why are you here and not watching other anime?

I caught up with OnePiece within 5 months, nothing better to watch atm than catching up on current season. lol :X
Dec 4, 2019 12:33 AM
Mar 2016
OptimusN said:
Too much filler

Apart from episode 1, there wasn't any filler at all.

xkazutox said:

Tbh, when everything that happened in the anime right now happened in the manga, it felt decent to me as well. But it's all build-up for the next 6-7 episodes and since I know what it leads up to now, I enjoy this part way more than when I read it in the manga.

xkazutox said:
People who saying this season is good is probably hardcore fans or manga reader who already know what this season is about.

I wouldn't label myself a hardcore fan. I just really enjoyed the latter part of this arc a lot when reading it in the manga. Although I wouldn't hype it up because opinions on the second half of the arc were pretty divided. Many readers thought it was one of the best arcs while many others were disappointed or complaining about certain aspects of the arc. I agree with some of the criticism the latter half of the arc gets, but it's just minor things that don't take away from the enjoyment.

Also what a lot of what people claimed was criticism was just complaining about things that people assumed were going to happen, but never did. I'm guessing people will be just as divided when the arc is over in the anime.
Dec 4, 2019 7:46 AM
Mar 2017
Are there any other arcs that are good after this one?
Dec 4, 2019 9:31 AM
Apr 2016
Doing great, expanding the world, developing the characters. Actual quality.
Re:formed
Dec 4, 2019 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
pedrobro13 said:

The league of villains have an entire arc to themselves later, which is the best arc imo and it's way more dark than this one but it's not going to be adapted in this season. The next two arcs that are going to adapted are kinda lame tho.
Dec 4, 2019 12:27 PM

Jun 2019
Worst pacing of the full story. Last two episodes 6 and 7 were painfully slow and so far, nothing happened except
. I really do not know why this has became so slow and why this is so heavy on investigations with very bland cliché scenes of investigations, seriously.
Dec 5, 2019 8:10 AM
Mar 2017
JustOppais said:
pedrobro13 said:
the school festival Arc is meh.
The Pro Hero Arc good.
joint training Arc is boing as hell.
and the Meta liberation army Arc is trash.
The current Arc is looking good so far.
that's just my Opinion.

Which of those are going to be adapted this season and which do you think for next season, sounds like next season is gonna suck
Dec 5, 2019 8:10 AM
Mar 2017
lavah said:
pedrobro13 said:

The league of villains have an entire arc to themselves later, which is the best arc imo and it's way more dark than this one but it's not going to be adapted in this season. The next two arcs that are going to adapted are kinda lame tho.
is that the arc the manga is currently in?
Dec 5, 2019 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
pedrobro13 said:
lavah said:

is that the arc the manga is currently in?

Nope. It has ended and a new arc began.
Dec 5, 2019 9:12 AM

Jan 2009
its freaking slow pace lol 7 episodes in and its mostly just a huge setup but starting from episode 8 it will be action pack though from what i remember reading the manga
Dec 5, 2019 8:34 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
TheEnhancedExe said:
OptimusN said:
Too much filler

xkazutox said:

Tbh, when everything that happened in the anime right now happened in the manga, it felt decent to me as well. But it's all build-up for the next 6-7 episodes and since I know what it leads up to now, I enjoy this part way more than when I read it in the manga.

xkazutox said:

I wouldn't label myself a hardcore fan. I just really enjoyed the latter part of this arc a lot when reading it in the manga. Although I wouldn't hype it up because opinions on the second half of the arc were pretty divided. Many readers thought it was one of the best arcs while many others were disappointed or complaining about certain aspects of the arc. I agree with some of the criticism the latter half of the arc gets, but it's just minor things that don't take away from the enjoyment.

Also what a lot of what people claimed was criticism was just complaining about things that people assumed were going to happen, but never did. I'm guessing people will be just as divided when the arc is over in the anime.

No filler beside episode 1? Are you really sure? ->

Gintama filler explained: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=770206286672441

If it were a mainstream anime with over 100 eps, then we would normal expect filler. But this is 25 eps series that usually have more quality work than those that only have 12.
I think the creator COULD have done a lot better with the writing.

This is from an anime-only perspective btw. I didn't bother reading the manga to feel the vibes from the anime. I still don't understand why season 4 is treated as it is as good as their previous seasons when it's not. You just need to take a step back and exclude what you read from the manga to see it. .-.
Fuwa_sanDec 5, 2019 8:47 PM
Dec 6, 2019 5:38 AM

Nov 2015
@xkazutox
TheEnhancedExe said:
OptimusN said:
Too much filler

If it were a mainstream anime with over 100 eps, then we would normal expect filler. But this is 25 eps series that usually have more quality work than those that only have 12.

This is from an anime-only perspective btw. I didn't bother reading the manga to feel the vibes from the anime. I still don't understand why season 4 is treated as it is as good as their previous seasons when it's not. You just need to take a step back and exclude what you read from the manga to see it. .-.

But that spoiler you posted was in the manga. The Manga has filler I guess 🤷‍♂️
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Dec 6, 2019 5:43 AM

Nov 2015
pedrobro13 said:
JustOppais said:
the school festival Arc is meh.
The Pro Hero Arc good.
joint training Arc is boing as hell.
and the Meta liberation army Arc is trash.
The current Arc is looking good so far.
that's just my Opinion.

Which of those are going to be adapted this season and which do you think for next season, sounds like next season is gonna suck

The 1st half of the season is overhaul arc

The bakugo & todoroki gets their hero licenses mini arc

And then the season ends with the boring school festival arc

And a tease with the pro hero arc

To be continued season 5
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Dec 6, 2019 7:41 AM

May 2018
xkazutox said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

It was in the manga, even if it's boring or dragged out to you it was still in the manga so it's not a filler.
Dec 6, 2019 7:47 AM

May 2018
Old_School_Akira said:
pedrobro13 said:

The 1st half of the season is overhaul arc

The bakugo & todoroki gets their hero licenses mini arc

And then the season ends with the boring school festival arc

And a tease with the pro hero arc

To be continued season 5

I doubt they will adapt the entire school festival Arc in this season because they usually adapt around 2 chapters an episode and episode 70 ends on chapter 138, so with the 18 episodes that we have left they can do around 36 chapters and that will bring them to chapter 174 which is the just a few chapters after the start of the school festival Arc.
So they can start the arc and leave the rest of it to the next season.
Dec 6, 2019 8:10 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
It's an anime forum yet people here all talk about manga =_=
Just make it out clear. It's currently boring.
Dec 7, 2019 5:08 AM
Mar 2016
xkazutox said:

I think you don't know the definition of filler then. Filler means scenes that only happen in the anime but don't happen in the manga. Basically, filler means only anime original scenes that aren't canon.

Everything apart from episode 1 and a few insignificant scenes in last weeks episode was canon. So what you claim to be filler wasn't filler at all. It was all build-up for what's going to happen later in the arc. You can't just change the definition of filler so that it suits you best.

As for spoiler stuff:

xkazutox said:

Um, just that this has nothing to do with anything explained in the Gintama filler explanation. This is all in the manga, so it's not filler.

Horikoshi said that the early parts of the arc were hard on him since it was the first time he made such a long arc. When I first read it in the manga, it definitely dragged on and could've been made shorter. But that's what build-up usually is. It takes time, but it is necessary for the latter half of the arc to make sense. Also, I don't think it's bad writing, from what you've written you just seemed to have misunderstood a few parts which I don't blame you for. I also missed a few things when I read through it the first time in the manga.

Personally, I think the second half of the arc is where the season will shine the most although the second half has been divisive for manga readers. Either people liked that arc a lot or they didn't like it at all. From the way you sound, you will probably belong to the people that won't like the arc. There are a few situations in the second half of the arc where I agree with the criticism, but they're just missed opportunities imo and don't lower the enjoyment.

The main reasons why a lot of people didn't like the arc were because of a particular scene that most readers misunderstood and because of assumptions readers made on how the outcome would affect the story in the future. Although these assumptions didn't end up happening even nearly 100 chapters after the arcs end and it doesn't look like they will ever happen. The scene with the misunderstanding was most likely intended by Horikoshi and will probably be cleared in the future.

Idk how the same people think about that arc today, but these were the main reasons why people disliked the arc when it ended.

Also, the second cour of the season will have some great character development. Big parts of it will be less action heavy and more slice of life like, I'd say it's the arc with the least amount of action out of all arcs that are in the manga. But it is imo more interesting than past school arcs, because it focusses a lot on comedy, character development and the idea of the arc is pretty good and interesting. Though the people that want action will dislike it for the lack of it.

Personally, I'm pretty sure the second cour will have another short arc at the end that is the least divisive and most liked arc since All Might vs AFO. Though my opinion seems to be unpopular because most people assume it will be at the start of season 5.
Dec 7, 2019 6:00 AM

Oct 2018
its slow pacing, not as exciting before but I think future episodes will be awesome...
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Dec 7, 2019 6:15 AM

Dec 2015
Darius said:
Rider9530 said:

Watch the first cour of Season 3. It's miles better then any other arc from the show. I dare to say it didn't even feel like a MHA arc. It was actually mature and intense with extremely great direction and soundtrack
Dec 7, 2019 8:04 AM
Mar 2016
JustOppais said:
most liked arc since All Might vs AFO, was The Pro Hero Arc and i'm sure it will be season 5.

Yeah and I'm pretty sure it will be at the end of S4, because there's enough reasons why it most likely will be.

1. The current arc will most likely finish in the first cour or at latest episode 14.
We can be sure of that because they showed scenes from the finale of the arc in the PV and the PV only shows parts of the first cour. Also it's pretty obvious looking at how fast they're adapting so far. If they don't adapt the Pro Hero Arc, they have 21 chapters for the last 11 episodes.

2. The page count of chapters got lower starting from chapter 144 which will be next episode. So while there would be 21 chapters for 11 episodes (10 episodes if you count one filler episode), these 21 chapters have lower page count than chapters had up until this point. So the length of these 21 chapters is actually about 18 normal length chapters. 18 chapters is not enough to fill 10 episodes.

3. So far, every single cour of every single season ended on a climactic fight. The only time there wasn't a climactic fight in the manga (at the end of season 2), they rearranged the scenes in the anime to make one that arguably rivaled the Stain fight and felt like a huge climax. However if you put the Pro Hero Arc at the start of S5, the by far biggest climax would be in the first 3-4 episodes (depending on whether it starts with a filler episode) since you can adapt the whole arc in just 3 episodes. Also, have you ever seen a director of a movie or anime series put a climax at the start of a season instead of at the end?

4. The 10 chapters of the Pro Hero Arc are actually 8-9 normal length chapters and easily fit in 3 episodes. So it's not hard to fit them into S4 because it won't affect the pacing of the season a lot. In fact it won't affect the pacing of the first cour and the pacing of the second cour would be way too slow without it. Adding the 8-9 normal length chapters with the 18 normal length chapters of the arcs that will be in the second cour and you get 26-27 chapters for roughly 10-11 episodes. This is about the same pacing we had in S3's second cour and actually a little slower pacing than we currently have, assuming episode 13 will end on chapter 159.

5. The last BD/DVD volume which will include the last 3-4 episodes (idk the exact number but it's usually around that many), is confirmed to include Todoroki and Endeavour bonuses for fans. Proof: https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1183237984490901504
This makes no sense if the arc doesn't get adapted.

Most people that think it will be in season 5 based on the chapter count, but they ignore that the page count of chapters got lower. Plus so far, they never put climactic fights right at the start of a season and ended a cour with sth not climactic. And from a directors point of view, it makes way more sense to end a season on a huge climax instead of starting a new season with a climax.

Plus, it makes no sense for a bonus for those two characters to be there if the bd/dvd volume doesn't include episodes about these two characters. Especially considering that volume 5 of season 4 also includes bonuses fitting for that specific arc.
Dec 7, 2019 10:01 AM
May 2017
EckhartPilgrim said:
It's boring for now, but it will certainly get better later. Like S3, actually.
Its a slower burner for the first 5 episodes but please bear with it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

464 by bubba460z »»
Apr 11, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.