Forum Settings
Forums

Chihayafuru 3 botting is out of control

New
Nov 23, 2019 1:29 AM

Oct 2014
Just look at this. Is there nothing that can be done?
Message me for Fate/ information
Nov 23, 2019 2:21 AM

Feb 2015
I don't think it's botting but more so the fact that the vast majority of Chihayafuru fans prefer Taichi lol
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Nov 23, 2019 7:43 AM

Apr 2018
Kineta said:
We've been getting an increase in reports and PMs recently since the large score change in Chihayafuru 3, so I wanted to leave a message here to remind everyone we haven't forgotten or set it aside. In my weekly meetings with Media Do, this has continued to be a mentioned topic.

I've prepared a number of potential solutions from Luna's and my side that we'd like to see applied together to make a more complex scoring calculation that isn't super easy to discover and circumvent. The bottle neck is essentially waiting on the developers/tech team to come back with a review of our suggestions (and possible ideas of their own) so that we can agree on a plan and implementation can start. Unfortunately, with the 15th anniversary giveaway and MAL Live, there was only so much that could be done the last 2 months since devs cannot be conjured out of thin air. Additionally, the team is hesitant to apply changes hastily without careful consideration, so it's not just coding time but also consideration and review time.

On one hand, cases like Chihayafuru make Luna and I very angry, and incentivize us to delete these accounts. However, rationally speaking, these trolls are actually helping us, because it gives me a very strong playing card to demand urgency on backend changes (as compared to slow leeching or boosting of scores). So while the situation makes me angry and that emotion makes me want to sink 2-3 hours into deleting accounts... Logically, the only thing this would do is apply a temporary bandaid to a much larger problem—a bandaid that some snot-faced kid can rip off in the 8 hours I'm at my day job. So as much as the impassioned part of us wants to go on a rating troll account siege, Luna and I recognize that time truly would be wasted time.

Hopefully, this message provides a bit of reassurance, even though I realize it essentially boils down to: please wait a bit more..

I think you can't do much about it...
RachibaNov 23, 2019 7:50 AM

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Nov 23, 2019 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
As well as the users that do not know about the search feature on the forums.

@thedudethatstartedthethread

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=4750 Last msg in this thread, do read it.
Nov 23, 2019 5:39 PM

May 2018
Just bring back report illegitimate thread already as temporary solution at least.
Nov 24, 2019 5:18 AM
Jul 2018
Rachiba said:
Kineta said:
....In my weekly meetings with Media Do, this has continued to be a mentioned topic.

The bottle neck is essentially waiting on the developers/tech team to come back with a review of our suggestions (and possible ideas of their own) so that we can agree on a plan and implementation can start.

Sounds like Media Do doesn't want to do anything about it. This whole is because of the creator of the manga liking a pro-Hong Kong democracy tweet. No company has the balls to go up against China anymore, so i'm sure Media Do is in no hurry to come with a solution to stop Chinese bots from rate bombing the show.
Nov 24, 2019 7:44 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
@StormSky92 That's some conspiracy level post there :'D I hope it was sarcasm/joking.

We just had the 15th anniversary giveaway and MAL Live, which took a lot of dev resources. That was a week ago. Give it a bit more time, please.
Nov 24, 2019 8:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
StormSky92 said:
Rachiba said:

Sounds like Media Do doesn't want to do anything about it. This whole is because of the creator of the manga liking a pro-Hong Kong democracy tweet. No company has the balls to go up against China anymore, so i'm sure Media Do is in no hurry to come with a solution to stop Chinese bots from rate bombing the show.
Unlike many big American companies that have a financial reason to be wanting to stay on friendly terms with China, I'm pretty sure MAL has absolutely nothing to gain from doing that so I don't think that logic works here. In the first place this issue started before that tweet was made so evidentially it is unrelated
Dec 2, 2019 2:07 PM

Feb 2010
Kineta said:
@StormSky92 That's some conspiracy level post there :'D I hope it was sarcasm/joking.

We just had the 15th anniversary giveaway and MAL Live, which took a lot of dev resources. That was a week ago. Give it a bit more time, please.
i don't even watch Chihayafuru, but i do find it concerning that there are at lest 65 bot accounts with the same name and just different numbers behind them and they haven't been deleted or reviewed yet.

GrimAtramentDec 2, 2019 2:11 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 2, 2019 4:42 PM

Oct 2015
hazarddex said:
Kineta said:

i don't even watch Chihayafuru, but i do find it concerning that there are at lest 65 bot accounts with the same name and just different numbers behind them and they haven't been deleted or reviewed yet.

Chihayafuru 3? Downvoted
Nation? Saved
Hotel? Trivago

Dec 2, 2019 6:05 PM

Feb 2010
Orhunaa said:
hazarddex said:

Chihayafuru 3? Downvoted
Nation? Saved
Hotel? Trivago

huh? i am just expressing my concern that the bot situation with this series hasn't been delt with yet.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 2, 2019 9:09 PM
Jul 2018
hazarddex said:
Kineta said:

Haven't checked the thread since over a week ago, but wow that sure does seem to confirm my "conspiracy theory". Unless someone did this solely because of my post, in which case i'm honored. But it's probably because of this, which I guess I should have linked the other day: https://old.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/dyliky/stranger_than_fiction_in_the_anime_world_the/

Maybe @Kineta will read it and educate himself a bit about China's influence over the anime community.

In other news Chihayafuru 3's score has been knocked under 7.
Dec 3, 2019 1:49 AM

Oct 2015
@hazarddex Oh sorry I was just commenting on how the idiotic patriot probably thinks he's saving his country's honor by being a keyboard warrior.
Dec 3, 2019 5:05 AM

May 2018
Just want to pointed out there is no down voting of Chihayafuru in Chinese websites. It receives good rating in Chinese websites.

Chihayafuru's Bilibili rating = 8.2
Chihayafuru's Douban rating = 9.4
Chihayafuru's Bangumi rating = 8.1

BiliBili: https://www.bilibili.com/bangumi/media/md28222678/?from=search&seid=229072619109278309
Douban: https://movie.douban.com/subject/30156230/
Bangumi: https://bangumi.tv/subject/18294

The bot himself recently posted in a thread and claim it's the Chinese and not Vinland Saga fan. Moderator has delete the post because you know who believe what a bot/troll said.
Papa_ScorchDec 3, 2019 3:15 PM
Dec 6, 2019 2:58 AM

May 2018
Yup,it is Vinland Saga fans disguising himself as Chinese to avoid Vinland Saga getting backlash.

https://myanimelist.net/profile/ChinesePatriot00
No reason for him to give Vinland Saga 10/10 if he piss off because of author's tweet.
Dec 6, 2019 6:25 AM
Nov 2017
Well I'm glad that you guys are taking action. It's really frustrating to see so many people botting the crap of this amazing series. Keep us posted mods 👍👍👍
Dec 6, 2019 6:29 AM

Jan 2009
how long until a bot war commence here? like Chihayafuru fans starts making bots of their own to mass downvote Vinland Saga as retaliation? lol
Dec 6, 2019 1:16 PM

Oct 2014
deg said:
how long until a bot war commence here? like Chihayafuru fans starts making bots of their own to mass downvote Vinland Saga as retaliation? lol

That's why they need somekind of system in place to prevent botting. Or at the very least manually b& them.
Dec 16, 2019 11:37 AM
Aug 2014
Just so that this one barrage doesn't get forgotten, it's still there.
Dec 26, 2019 12:22 AM
Jan 2013
How come it's not getting fixed?
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Dec 26, 2019 12:44 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
The devs started working on the problem. There are several things they need to implement, so it will take a bit (especially since it's currently holiday time).

This was the last update from Kineta, taken from the Illegitimate Accounts Thread:

Kineta said:
Yesterday, the development team and Luna+I reached an agreement on an a first phase approach to combating the rating troll problem, with subsequent dev phases following the first to make the system more robust against malicious attacks.

Development will begin next week and a site-wide announcement will be posted once the first phase of the system is deployed. Please give us a bit more time for the tech team to implement our numerous demands and for us to test the output to investigate any unanticipated problems. This issue is high priority and we would like it resolved as quickly as the community does.
Dec 26, 2019 2:07 AM

Oct 2014
I wonder how the scores of various shows will change when this is implemented.
Dec 26, 2019 2:09 AM

Jan 2009
LegendaryRQA said:
I wonder how the scores of various shows will change when this is implemented.

there might be controversy again lol like my favorite anime should have gotten more votes!

More topics from this board

» Why does MAL not support catbox.moe image links?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

1 by traed »»
2 hours ago

» Got 502 Bad Gateway trying to create topic in Support

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

0 by vasipi4946 »»
Yesterday, 3:00 PM

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3366 by Midoriya_lzuku »»
Yesterday, 2:57 PM

» Invalid ID provided.

Zagafon - Sep 10, 2016

2 by Kitsunes97 »»
Yesterday, 9:24 AM

» Sort your list by member count/poularity?

paperkitten - Jun 17, 2010

1 by abdallah929 »»
Yesterday, 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.