Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2019 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another successor? :o

Well anyways, Mao's potential really seems to have no limits especially after acquiring that tool.
Nov 22, 2019 5:21 PM

Oct 2015
The battle between Lei and Mao comes to an end, with Mao's victory of course. I guess it was fire v ice type of situation, and fire prevailed tremendously.

Didn't think this would have a twist at the end, with the legendary utensil choosing Lei as the rightful keeper. His story of how he wanted to acquire it so he can defeat the underworld was kinda cheap, but I'll take it and hope his quest keeps on. Nevertheless, this was an entertaining match up between those two.

We finally got the reveal that Mao's mom was fighting the underworld using some great recipes, and passed those recipes to his son, hence the repetitive wins by him. All those match successes were already determined for him, in other words her mom is the real fire one in those challenges by Mao. No wonder the bastard is confident all the time, it's because he knows he has something major in his sleeves.

Can't wait to hear the legendary utensils history next.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 22, 2019 11:37 PM

Jun 2013
I need that legendary butcher knife that makes meat fresh again. I have some month old meat in my freezer that I want to turn into stirfry.

I love how there's an underground cooking syndicate. I've seen the original but that never fails to make me chuckle, like damn they're serious about this.

I think we're getting a flashback in the next episode. In the original episode, if I'm not mistaken, Lei En cuts his hand with the underground tattoo on it with an X instead of it magically disappearing after used the legendary knife.
臭い-
Nov 23, 2019 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
A Song of Ice and Fire. lol I mean, so Mao didn't bring back a dead flavor, instead he prevented it from dying in the first place. By risking his hand like Leon did, but by using fire instead of ice. Oh, and thanks to Mao's big heart Leon was also accepted as a successor of the legendary knife, and he shared his history. Just like Mao told Meili, and Shirou about his mother, and why he knows about the techniques from the Cooking Underworld. It seems that Mao is about to start a new journey.
Nov 26, 2019 6:44 AM

Jul 2017
A cooking battle of fire (Mao) and ice (Leon). Underhanded techniques for both chefs make this debate in a standstill, and Mao made the cut to be the next successor.

In a twist, the forged knife accepts one and the same, putting both Mao and Leon in the same pedestal. As this proves that Leon does not belong to the Cooking Underworld, it is a story of heart-wrenching thirst for the ages leading not against his ancestors, but against the Cooking Underworld too.

Mao's fight that's started from his deceased mum against the Underworld, it is a spirit that has led to this day. More secrets to be revealed about the legendary utensils acquired.
Nov 30, 2019 5:59 PM

Oct 2008
Leon joins the party.

The scene with Leon ripping the ice knife from his hand always grosses me out. That’s gotta hurt.
May 26, 2021 4:05 AM

Jul 2015
Knowing Leon already left the Underworld Society and even opposes them, makes me wonder why he had such an antagonist attitude towards everyone even literally pushing away Mei Li.

Nov 7, 2022 11:45 AM
Dec 2019
seems promising but becomes very boring and one note. Extremely predictive in every ounce of the word.

3/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Chuuka Ichiban! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

18 by nightjasmine »»
Oct 27, 2023 10:22 PM

Poll: » Shin Chuuka Ichiban! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

10 by nightjasmine »»
Oct 27, 2023 9:23 PM

Poll: » Shin Chuuka Ichiban! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

17 by sailoricy »»
Nov 8, 2022 9:07 PM

Poll: » Shin Chuuka Ichiban! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

10 by doctorminsuks »»
Sep 21, 2022 11:31 AM

Poll: » Shin Chuuka Ichiban! Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2019

13 by doctorminsuks »»
Sep 21, 2022 11:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.