Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 23, 2019 4:42 AM
Jul 2016
Great episode, it was really wholesome when Benimaru and Konro ate watermelon while everyone else played with sparklers.
Nov 23, 2019 4:51 AM

Jan 2016
ok, Shinra is improving. Sho probably could still wipe the floor with him tho.
Nov 23, 2019 7:03 AM

May 2018
Next episode to the nether!
And the week after to the end!
Nov 23, 2019 7:22 AM

Oct 2017
Good episode. Loved seeing company 7 again.
Nov 23, 2019 8:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fun episode, got to love these Shonen training episodes! Never sick of ‘em!

Anyway, that was some awesome new move from Shinra! Looks like he’s mastered this form of art pretty darn quickly, albeit a few hilarious facial expressions here and there xD. He was giving it all his life you can tell lol. Shinmon is a pretty fine teacher too I reckon.

Credits to that mysterious Forensic Scientist too. I’d a feeling he had a partnership with either Joker or the Evangelist and it seems like my intuition was right on the mark, I wonder what their end goal is here. Interesting reveal from Joker regarding Sho possibly being blessed with an Adolla Burst too, this really raises question over who their father is/was to me.

It was nice to see the former 7th Capt. send a death alarm like that though just in case he’s got ulterior motives, the little cooperation between the teams is going fairly well for now it seems too. Using that imposter 3rd Capt just goes to show how sketchy this whole backbone of the Organisation is, meanwhile.

Dat little Hibana moment plus Maki’s little adorable moments were just fab! I’m still not feeling used to the choppy-style directing but boy are these scenes in particular clicking. No comment on Tamaki’s little ‘lercher’ moment this episode, just wow how the bloody fudge xD.

And that little alarm on Shinra’s leg has finally rung again, I wonder what’s in store for us next week. Sho v Shinra rematch in the making, perhaps?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 23, 2019 9:10 AM

Aug 2018
Weird, Hibana did not say something to Shinra even if they met at the entrance of 8th's base : though she remained herself in the next scene lul
Nov 23, 2019 10:19 AM
Jul 2019
Well then after seeing Licht being with Joker, can we now say that he's one of the bad guys??????
Nov 23, 2019 12:43 PM
Mar 2015
Kicker-man-kick Nice training episode
Nov 23, 2019 12:50 PM

Mar 2017
Yesss! Beni's back and as fucking cool as ever! Shinra's ability is so awesome and that finishing move is on another level! The name definitely needs work though... haha
Nov 23, 2019 10:35 PM

Oct 2008
Very Nice! it's training time! and of course Captain Shinmon is the one training them! how badass could that be!
Looks like Shinra will level-up but Arthus still has more work to do!
5/5.

Nov 23, 2019 10:40 PM

Nov 2019
I thought it was a pretty okay training ep. nothing spectacular, but it was nice to see some character development.
Nov 24, 2019 1:21 AM
Jan 2017
Aniik8pv2 said:
this one was quite fun

shinra and arthur got some nice training
Nice to see vulcan getting along and helping the members of the 8th.

Also, Is joker going to turn out to be one of the good guys? I don't get that antagonistic vibe from him
as a manga reader I can't answer that because it is a "spoiler"
Nov 24, 2019 7:31 AM

Nov 2017
thehund said:
Aniik8pv2 said:
this one was quite fun

shinra and arthur got some nice training
Nice to see vulcan getting along and helping the members of the 8th.

Also, Is joker going to turn out to be one of the good guys? I don't get that antagonistic vibe from him
as a manga reader I can't answer that because it is a "spoiler"

I tried getting into the manga after the last episode. But to my surprise i did not like the manga as much as the anime.
The encounter with Sho, and then sho vs joker was so well done in the anime - i was disappointed with it in the manga.
so i decided to pick up the manga after the anime finishes airing
(hopefully after 2nd season if it gets one)
Nov 24, 2019 7:36 AM
Feb 2017
I’m 6 episodes behind ughh.........
Nov 24, 2019 8:03 AM

May 2016
Watched it late last night and already forgot about more than half of it lol.

Only remember how they trained, and MC used concentrated the fire beneath his feet.
Nov 24, 2019 7:26 PM

Feb 2014
Well, I am done for.

Dropped 5/10
Nov 25, 2019 2:14 AM

Jun 2013
Any episode with Benimaru is good. Any chapter with him is even better.
臭い-
Nov 25, 2019 7:26 AM

Feb 2019
Seriously, whats up with the direction in this show? The silent shots of characters faces is really jarring. On top of that, there was a scene between Obi and Hibana where virtually none of it was animated. Seriously, it was completely still apart from her mouth moving as she spoke. And I really don't like how they use that cat pyrokinetic as fan service/cheap comic relief.
ZemenfesKidusFeb 14, 2020 3:28 AM
Nov 25, 2019 8:57 AM

Oct 2017
Lol poor Arthur got beaten even when he attacked silently. Also nice Shinra became even faster but will he be able to keep up with Sho's speed, guess we'll find out soon.
Nov 25, 2019 9:26 AM
Jan 2016
Great episode!

Arthur is funy as always!

Seems i suspect well from Litch, he know Joker, hope Litch isn't panning something bad, seems Joker maybe is not in bad side!

Seems Obi sent Shinra and Arthur to be trained by Benimaru, and it was a really nice vibe, benimaru is no joke, also Shinra had improved with their flames!

Seems Vulcan is creating thing for everyone, and damn, that flying canons for Maki were really amusing!

And also Maki is so much cute!
Nov 26, 2019 2:43 AM

May 2018
Good to see Vulcan and Licht being so useful in the team, as well as seeing Shinra getting a new move and Arthur getting stronger.

Nov 26, 2019 5:20 AM

Jul 2017
IT'S ROCK AND ROLL TIME, BABY!

With Vulcan being a nice addition into Company 8, the whole company's ablaze about him. All jokes aside, Companies 5, 7 and 8 are coercing on the white-clad Evangelists, while Licht and Joker are in neutrality (while Licht is being a spy). Everyone's on their own terms and intentions, all at the cost of catching up (essentially cat-and-mouse chase now).

With how unrefined Shinra and Arthur looks, they're posted out to Company 7 for Benimaru to train them up, a repayment of sorts.

What the rookies lack is commonplace Shounen traits: a finishing move...heck, as training tends to give.

Maki's twin Sputter-Flare power got a nice upgrade too, just wished there was more steam for her as the Sput-Flare-Witch.

Ooh, so the secrets of pyrokinesis are closely linked to the formation of martial arts, the ki driving power and tenacity. If anything, it's a taxing load of refreshers for both Arthur and Shinra, as well as a power upgrade.

Good setup episode for the future fights.
Nov 27, 2019 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
it's always a pleasure to see Beni
Nov 28, 2019 1:59 AM

Jan 2013
The engineer made his first gear and it looks awesome, can't wait to see them in combat.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 28, 2019 11:56 AM

Nov 2012
Glad to see Beni back :)) but I feel their stay will be short lived!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Nov 28, 2019 12:05 PM

Jan 2019
This show tries Desperately soooooo hard to be Funny. But its really not. The "Humor" in this show makes me cringe so hard. You can be funny without making it look desperate. I'd like this show that doesn't even make sense to begin with better if it just kept things serious instead of the Unfunny tryhard comedy.

And it's almost every episode.

In my opinion, people who found this scene funny would laugh at anything. Which goes hand in hand with Immaturity. And lack of taste. And hyping bad content. It was so unnecessary and forced.
Nov 28, 2019 1:03 PM

Apr 2016
There was a lot of Naruto vibe in this episode. By the way, the episode was pretty good after Benimaru appeared.
Nov 29, 2019 3:39 PM
Nov 2019
Foi um episodio bem interesante.
Nov 30, 2019 12:45 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I have a mixed-up feeling of happiness and disappointment. For once, we get Waka back into the scene, that's always good, I really want to see him go head to head with either the fake Giovanni, Sho, or Joker.
Speaking of Joker, I really wanted him to somehow take the mentor part for Shinra. The position he's in is very mystic and obscure that it makes me want him as an ally.
Dec 3, 2019 12:03 PM

Dec 2014
nice legs as usual Hibana, ahem i mean, acting as usual Hibana

its funny how Licht just sits in front of Konro blocking his view as if it was normal

the twins are adorable as usual

and Maki, ooof <3
Dec 3, 2019 7:40 PM
Mar 2017
I think a training episode dedicated to Shinra and Arthur was necessary, since in the fight against Dr. Giovanni and the evangelists I feel sorry for both of them, but out of that the laughs were not lacking in this episode, since Tamaki's perverted accident at the beginning of the episode (the ways she and Shinra end up being ridiculous) or Arthur contemplating his former comrade Silver.

Hibana has spectacular legs, it is always a pleasure to contemplate her beauty and I love how protective she has become with Iris, poor Karim who ends up sitting on the floor to please Hibana's whims.

Apparently, little by little, new information is being gathered about the cult of the evangelist and, on the other hand, Dr. Giovanni saved his position through a substitute.

Licht still does not convince me and less when I see him chat so calmly with Joker, even Hibana does not trust him since he worked for the Haijima company, it seems that Joker for some reason tries to cooperate and asks Licht to help Shinra too.

Vulcan already feels at home and the new fire tools and gadjets for squad members that he created have resulted in something phenomenal, especially the Tekkyo that he prepared for Maki, I love how innocent and adorable she looks when she play with her little flames and that final line: Sput-Flare-Witch ... she is so precious.

Benimaru is a teacher without mercy, in a way he enjoyed training both boys, but in turn he gives them a lesson to realize all the potential they have. Apart from this, the faces that Shinra made when he concentrated his flames were too funny, but finally and thanks to Benimaru's guidance, Shinra finally mastered his special technique and already finishing his training, he receives a signal through the adolla link, so in the next episode it is most likely that Shinra will go to where his younger brother is, but now he is more prepared.
Dec 9, 2019 4:10 PM

Aug 2015
This was a great episode. Loved how all the people at the 8th are training hard especially Shinra with faces he made. Wonder what that interaction between Joker and Licht was. Let's see if the next episode has any fighting.
Dec 26, 2019 12:32 AM

Aug 2019
ayy training episode! Glad to see improvements to everyone's skill.
Vulcan coming in big, making these new devices especially for maki making her the Sput-Flare-Witch!

lmao relatable tamaki having to redo some tests felt like me redoing my finals xd

my views on joker's motives definitely have changed since his first appearance. He doesn't seem like a good or bad guy more like a wild card that in the end will help the hero beat the bad guy but forever sit on the fence
Jan 5, 2020 11:28 AM

Aug 2017
Training arc.

Pretty standard. Nothing too exciting.

...Well except for the many animated faces of Shinra.

Jan 29, 2020 4:46 PM

Aug 2017
I felt the training very boring but I'm curious about Joker. It shows that he is an interesting character.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 18, 2020 6:10 AM
Aug 2019
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wtf is with Shirna's face...the dude is still so hotheaded.

Seems like a lot of training this episode. I have to admit, his personality got so excited, it's literally showing with all that fire. Kinda reminds me of Asta from Black Clover.
h remind me of a naruto so much
Mar 29, 2020 10:30 AM

Jul 2014
I liked the animation this episode!
Mar 30, 2020 10:10 AM

Aug 2018
Yo we'll see nice power-up's.
May 3, 2020 7:18 PM

Feb 2015
I’m still sometimes amazed by this anime details in landscapes. The episode was ok, Giovanni got out of this. Wtf is Joker doing with Viktor, what are their role here. So, an upgrade for Shinra, I just hope we don’t forget about Arthur. I cannot say that is anime is getting a slow pace, but somehow, the story is getting diluted, I’m genuinely not that interested in this story development, despite there’s something in the background, like Raffles I’s story.
Jul 6, 2020 11:06 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wtf with the opening backing up the story like that. Was that over with the history?

Poor Tamaki, she kept providing the same weird cursed. :(

Poor co captain Karim joking with princess to only received a bad place. xD

A break episode. Or atleast, a training session? Its up to you. I even thought this episode was a boredom. Even i couldn't care much with an improvement Shinra had there. A jet combustion. Great. With that he could avoid some flash Shou's surprised attack. Maybe. The sign hand from Beni was also interesting to learnt. I guessed its not a boring episode at all. I just hope another episode they got to serious to fight Shou's organization.

Also, nice equipment for gorilla girl Maki. The double huge iron mace that driven via Mera and Pusu fire power ability. Very nice. I guessed Vulcan really helpful with every item he built from now till the last day in the earth. Lol.

Thats it for this episode....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 9, 2020 9:57 AM

May 2015
Maki is cute as fuck! 10/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 18, 2020 1:55 AM

Jul 2013
Damn now Shinra's like Iron Man with jet propulsion. He just needs to shoot from his palms lol. Also, I remember that Licht guy now, he was with Joker! What's up with these two really?
Nov 1, 2020 4:35 AM

Dec 2010
I was here just for the "proto national martial arts", but still had plenty of fun.
Nov 21, 2020 7:51 PM

Apr 2013
Moosifer lol

Nice to see Benimaru in action again, it was hilarious that he just needed to move an inch or really just make a sound to make Shinra and Arthur flinch.
Poor Arthur got beaten up a lot in his training by Beni but he is an Idiot so he is fine lol

Haniwa please don't punish Maki for playing with fire, she's adorable when allowed to play with fire
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 24, 2021 8:21 PM

Nov 2010
Hmm, so it seems like Joker and Viktor aren't bad people after all, or maybe they are just laying low for now and they are just using Shinra to get rid of the white clads so their own evil plans can be put into motion?

Maki was really cute this episode. I hope to see her new weapons in action soon. hehe
Jun 18, 2021 8:04 AM

Jun 2020
L O L HIBANA SITTING ABOVE KARIM. And making him sit on the floor lolllllol. WE STAN. I love her!!!!!

Benimaru training Shinra & Arthur is so much fun to watch but damn they’re definitely walking away from that much stronger.

Konro threatening to toss Viktor into the ocean if he tries anything funny — KONRO THE REAL BEST BOIIIIIIIII. Also wtf at literally everyone else but Company 8 thinking that Viktor is sus. Hibana & now Konro clearly don’t trust this guy. Jesus Obi!!!!! And Viktor & Joker are definitely intriguing, I wonder what they are up to.

LOOOOOOOL SHINRA TRYING OBI’S ROCK N ROLL HANDSIGN TROLLLLOOOL

Arthur just dead ass lying on the ground after failing to attack Benimaru lolollll. So cute this boy. Shinra mastering the Tora Hishigi!!!!! That was so interesting. Can’t wait to see how else he evolves.

And Shinmon Benimaru, a daddy I never knew I needed.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 22, 2021 8:27 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty calm episode, mostly just training. Maki was hella cute in her scene though.
Jan 23, 2022 1:21 PM

Mar 2016
lmaoo what are these faces

Right, another in-between episode, but this time we got something more than just an uneventful ep!

The investigation contribution agreement is starting to see the light cooperation, and with approaching danger that the infernals and the Evangelist possess, both Shinra and Arthur are getting some training straight from none other than the King of Destruction, Benimaru himself! For someone who doesn't seem like he's even bothered, you know that he's teaching them properly, a ton of practical combat practice with various combat theories sprinkled in between their training session. In what seems to be just 2 days, Shinra managed to essentially turn his boost-like flame into a more focused jet-like afterburner, the already fast Shinra becoming even faster is a massive improvement to his combat ability... All for the price of making some ridiculous faces lmao.

Vulcan's inventions are a way for the rest of the 8th company members to catch up to the rest of their colleagues and potentially surpass them. He made an incredibly fine addition to the 8th company, I wish I could say the same to the suspicious scientist, but knowing that he's in cahoots with Joker and that we know nothing of his true intention. I can't say the same. At least he helped out in Shinra's training though.
May 30, 2022 6:34 AM

May 2020
I do love training arcs but this was down boring, and this is still me being generous. God, felt like a 2 hour episode.
Dec 28, 2022 9:27 AM

Nov 2020
 A pretty generic shounen with many gaps. The only thing I like about Fire Force are Shinra, Tamaki, Hibana, Obi and Maki. That's all.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

119 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

243 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

176 by ArthurKFC »»
Apr 16, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by beamtoes »»
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

386 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 1:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.