Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Nov 24, 2019 10:21 AM
some people here really want to put their children through years of bullying, great idea

Monarch9 said:
I wanna give my kids a weeb name but it would definitely hurt them in school. So I might give them character names that aren't Japanese like Erwin, Edward, Joseph etc. Or I have to marry a Japanese chick to give it validation.

so... hebrew or biblic names?
Modified by removed-user, Nov 24, 2019 10:28 AM

Nov 24, 2019 4:26 PM

I think it's fine unless it's way too japanese or something that really stand outs, like goku or naruto(that would be a fkn disgrace for the kid).

That aside in reality i have a japanese name (akira) even though i'm hispanic(my parents chose the name), But i've never been bullied or something near for that, I just drag the attention of people time to time about why and things like that, But it has never been an issue. Although i hated the name when i was little and found it weird and i was very ashamed, But now i don't really care about it and it's nice to be sometimes the center of the attention just for your name lol.
Dark Souls 2 was better than 3

Nov 24, 2019 5:06 PM

LemurLime said:
Wicker_Senpai93 said:
Probably a bad idea. Anime names are okay for pets (as long as it's not really out there). I think it depends on the name.

I think Japanese names should be reserved for those of Japanese ancestry. So if your kid is part Japanese, then go for it. But if not, you may want to reconsider.

Idk. Why should Japanese names be any different than say English, Spanish etc, names and so... it is acceptable for people from all around the globe to use them, even if they sound stupid in their own culture.

Because Americans are stupid and don't know how to pronounce Japanese names lol; they can't even say four-lettered words like "sake" right. xD

Nov 25, 2019 3:10 PM
I don’t mind to name my kids after an anime character, but to be honest it might be strange if an african or a spanish has a Japanese name... Name who doesn’t sound Japanese can be okay.
For animal, I don’t think it’s a problem though...

Nov 25, 2019 3:28 PM

the only name is id consider to name a kid d be Reinhard, such an awesome name
that an Welldone The Pussyhand

Nov 25, 2019 3:39 PM
Max_Guo said:
Would name my children Gurren and Lagann lmao.

Man of a culture, no less.
LemurLime said:
Loknir said:
I mean I wanna name a future daughter (if I have one) Jolyne. Nothing too crazy I guess. I think giving them very Japanese names (of course if you're Japanese yourself that's chill) isn't a good idea. I mean think about it, if you can see your child giving bullied for heavily for their name, I wouldn't give it to them.

If she is a Jolyne she will be able to deal with it! Be careful how you bring her up tho.

JoJolyne.
Re:formed

Nov 25, 2019 3:49 PM
I am actually 11 months pregnant and thinking of naming my kid Itachi. I plan on doing so he can follow gallant life story of murdering his parents for having him named after an anime character.

Sincerely,

Trechelle pHD sandwich making and pregnancy expert.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]