Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 20, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, another episode of inventions and lighthearted storytelling. Myne gets more creative everyday while maintaining a close relationship with Lutz.

She's also aware of his mana problem and being tired. Lutz's concern about her well-being is both touching and dramatic imo.
Nov 20, 2019 9:59 AM
Dec 2017
Hearing that someone dear to your heart is not coming back can change you forever. I wonder if that will be mentioned again, or they will just go forward.
Nov 20, 2019 10:12 AM

Aug 2013
Maine finally made paper.

She ended up telling Lutz the truth. The scene after that was heartwarming.

Nov 20, 2019 10:20 AM

Jan 2013
Even with all the tension this was a worthwhile enjoyably sad episode. The confrontation had me tearing up. Lutz was so harsh through the earlier half! Though once things came to light I loved how gentle his smile was towards Myne.

"Lutz's words made everything fall into place deep inside of me."

Is she speaking about for once feeling accepted and like she belongs within this world that isn't hers?

Myne is just so savage! Feel she may figure out a way to grow Trombe safely but asking to mass produce such a life-threatening plant so casually and still asking again right after they warnher... XD

Am under the assumption the Trombe sucked up some of her Mana in order to grow much faster. Being the reason why she felt it get hotter. May not be the ideal way but that could be one method to slow down the Devouring or if at least may have aided her in not feeling bad for this period of time.
Nov 20, 2019 10:24 AM

Mar 2019
Very good episode
They managed to craft paper
So Lutz knows the truth now, that scene was truly awesome
Nov 20, 2019 10:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great episode, they're doing so much things with only wood.
Nice to know more about the real Maine, but that's really sad...
Nov 20, 2019 10:37 AM
Sep 2015
The most interesting thing is that Trombe is very similar to type of tree we use to make paper today, it can grow quickly, can be very large and tall, and can absorb a lot of nutrition and water in large area. In other view, it is because it has this property so it is suitable for making paper.
Nov 20, 2019 10:47 AM

Sep 2018
it felt like a rock has been lifted off my heart when Maine finally told the truth to Lutz, that was super touching ;_;
Nov 20, 2019 10:58 AM

Mar 2016
I'm surprised Lutz didn't get pissed when she started shit talking Main's body. I'd like to think that the actual Main was given the chance at another life too. I mean, it's kind of depressing to think about the possibility of someone else making memories with your family and friends in your place, like she's basically been overwritten and nobody even mourned her death. The more I think about it the more it sucks and I can't help but see fake-Main's attitude in this episode as insensitive. Though I guess understandable to a degree.
Nov 2019
That last scene with Lutz & Maine captured essence of the LN - at least one adaptation this season is being done well.....

I'd have been really upset if they did an "Arifureta or Assassins pride" on this...

Just over half-way now. 6 Ep. to go....

Feb 2016
Best episode so far. It was really sad watching Lutz and Myne arguing about the real Myne, then proceeded to tell him the truth. But after that, it was very touching to see how is it that Lutz was the fuel for Myne all along since her last attack. Is it wrong to ship those two? xd

penrhos said:
That last scene with Lutz & Maine captured essence of the LN - at least one adaptation this season is being done well.....

I'd have been really upset if they did an "Arifureta or Assassins pride" on this...

I'm curious, how well adapted this anime has been so far?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 20, 2019 11:40 AM

Dec 2015
This is the best episode yet! Great pacing and storytelling all around. This is how it should be every episode. If this was the pacing from the beginning we would have gotten here 2 or 3 episodes ago. I'm excited to see more next week but I hope it doesn't go back to its sluggish pace.
Nov 20, 2019 11:43 AM

Feb 2018
HereticHunter said:
Best episode so far. It was really sad watching Lutz and Myne arguing about the real Myne, then proceeded to tell him the truth. But after that, it was very touching to see how is it that Lutz was the fuel for Myne all along since her last attack. Is it wrong to ship those two? xd

penrhos said:

pretty well I'd say, the first two episodes were way too fast paced, but now it is ok. We are skipping a lot of minor (and cool) things but they add little to the plot so it's understandable that they are left out. The characters are also well stablished, the only "major" thing that is missing is how great and adorable Turi really is, but they still have some chances to pull this off.
Nov 20, 2019 11:55 AM

Jun 2019
This episode really brought Myne and Lutz together in a way they hadn't before. I really wasn't sure how it would go when she told him that she came from a different place. He was actually more thoughtful about it, he realised that the Myne he knew had died back then and a new Myne had come into being.

It's nice for Myne, she now has someone that knows why she has the thoughts she does and won't look at her askance whenever she comes out with something outlandish. I felt for Myne when she said she'd go back home and just give in, you realised that she has no one she can talk to about her unique situation.

I wonder how long till we meet that priest that we saw in the first episode, as I expect that point will be a turning point in the story when she comes into contact with magic and the nobles. I assume it'll be soon. Someone will ask about the newly created paper and hear that a little girl, Myne created it, and it'll bring her to the attention of a magic user. Hopefully one that can cure her of the fever.

I know romance isn't a part of this show, but it'd be nice if Lutz said something along the lines of Myne (the prior Myne) and he had agreed to be husband and wife when they grew up & he hopes maybe the new Myne can be too. Especially as Myne says that she never experienced romance in her previous life.
Nov 20, 2019 12:09 PM
Oct 2018
honestly speaking, with each episode this show gets better and better

I hope the romance progresses between them
Nov 20, 2019 12:46 PM

Dec 2013
I was afraid comfy show was going to end but this confrontation was just a matter of time and better for it to get resolved sooner rather than later, I wonder if Trombe would end up being her "insulin" absorbing her magic surplus.
Nov 20, 2019 1:05 PM
Aug 2019
That flick from Lutz touched my heart more than it touched Main's forehead.
Nov 20, 2019 1:28 PM
Nov 2019
They've skipped a bit of back-story, world building etc... but nothing major and they haven't sliced huge chunks out and changed the order things happen (Assassins pride).

They could have explained the bit where she "Became" Myne and filled in details of her parents & Tuli better with some of the skipped material - but at only 14 Ep. something had to give, there's 21 parts to the LN but if the anime was paced the same casual viewers would probably complain it was too slow.

It'll be interesting to see how far through the LN Ep.14 takes us.
Nov 20, 2019 1:35 PM
Sep 2017
penrhos said:
They've skipped a bit of back-story, world building etc... but nothing major and they haven't sliced huge chunks out and changed the order things happen (Assassins pride).

They could have explained the bit where she "Became" Myne and filled in details of her parents & Tuli better with some of the skipped material - but at only 14 Ep. something had to give, there's 21 parts to the LN but if the anime was paced the same casual viewers would probably complain it was too slow.

It'll be interesting to see how far through the LN Ep.14 takes us.

Volume 21 doesn't come out for another few weeks and that only finishes Part 4, we still have Part 5 to adapt in the LN which is about 30% of the WN.
I'm pretty confident that the anime will cover all of Part 1 (reasons here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1770472&show=50#msg58298655). Going by the WN/LN we're only half way there and even by the manga we're only on pace for chapter 30 (and Part 1 ends at 33) so we're going to need to pick up the pace a tad.
Nov 20, 2019 1:49 PM

Nov 2018
Oh, finally the paper is made. Maine sure is good at this, and Lutz at supporting her with the work.
And Lutz and Maine talked it out well.
"So... you can still be the Maine I know." this line was particularly nice.
Maine has her eyes on mass-producing with Trombe lmao. I hope she does it some way.
SuperiorInterNed said:
That flick from Lutz touched my heart more than it touched Main's forehead.

Looks like it touched your soul enough to make your first comment, haha. But I agree.
Nov 20, 2019 2:05 PM

Feb 2017
Beautiful episode, i'm so glad we didn't had to wait more episodes
for myne to reveal her truth to lutz.
Nov 20, 2019 2:33 PM

Mar 2018
This conclusion was done pretty nicely imo
Can't really imagine that situation tho.. When somebody you hold dear is someone else in mind and tells you the original is dead..

The Trombe part could be part of Maine's magic I gusss

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 20, 2019 3:14 PM

Dec 2016
Lutz finally learned she is not the real Maine, but someone else. It hurts, and even more so knowing the original body is dead :(

They finally did the damn paper! It was so hard having all the tools to get the job done x_x They did a good job in the end! :')

I can't get enough of Main's cuteness *-* I enjoy watching every single episode ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 20, 2019 3:37 PM

Sep 2009
Al Lutz said himself, he knows the "new" Main longer when the old one. So, in fact, this Main is "his", not the one that died.
Nov 20, 2019 3:41 PM

Aug 2015
While I wish this had better art/animation, when I look at how the anime industry handles ln adaptions lately, I'm happy that Bookworm's adaption is relatively faithful to its source. If they can pull off the
in a few episodes, I'll be satisfied with this adaption.
Nov 20, 2019 5:07 PM

Aug 2018
HereticHunter said:

It's garbage.

I really tried to like it with all my strenght but this is way too bad, i had to drop it after seeing how they butchered the "My Maine" bit. There is not a worthwhile moment left to adapt anyways unless they literally cut 10 or 20 chapters to reach the next climax.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Nov 20, 2019 5:37 PM

Oct 2015
I was really impressed by Lutz's perceptive skills, the boy is impressive for finding Main out. Many people didn't notice including her family, I must bow my head to him and say I was wrong for thinking he was just driven by feeble jealousy. I felt like in that situation Main was really buttering him up so he could keep quiet about, emotions are the best weapon sometimes especially for people like Lutz.

The paper is finished and I must say the trombe one looked awesome, even though it might bring some disaster.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 20, 2019 6:47 PM

Oct 2019
This episode was so cute, when Mayne said that she would leave if he wanted with that sad smile on her face my heart skipped a beat.
(ಥ_ಥ)
Also Beno almost let's out a ZA WARDO!!! after that NANI???
Nov 20, 2019 7:54 PM
Mar 2015
I really liked Main telling Lutz that she was not Main
Nov 20, 2019 11:19 PM

Mar 2019
BEST Episode so far... 9.9
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 20, 2019 11:28 PM
Mar 2015
Sondfer said:
Hearing that someone dear to your heart is not coming back can change you forever. I wonder if that will be mentioned again, or they will just go forward.

Man hearing those lines from Myne to Lutz were really heartbreaking. But I suppose if in the future Myne has to explain to her family the truth is going to be a lot harder.
Nov 20, 2019 11:37 PM

Mar 2017
Damn, this is not the kind of drama I expected when I started watching this anime. Yet it makes sense and I love it.

'nom'
Nov 20, 2019 11:38 PM
Apr 2015
finally. I was getting tired of this Lutz thing. Like someone would suss out such an abstract concept. Stupid plot line on what's otherwise been very enjoyable little isekai.
Nov 21, 2019 12:04 AM

Aug 2013
probably he best episode so far
I'm actually glad that I didnt drop this at first episode
Nov 21, 2019 1:24 AM
Mar 2013
Just for your information. How to recycle paper from a milk carton.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-W-jhrC7hA

Myne or Urano did it before, I suppose.
htsujiNov 21, 2019 5:44 AM
Nov 21, 2019 1:45 AM

Feb 2019
This series has really grown on me, when I first got into it I was bored out of my fucking mind and couldn't focus on the plot at all. Last few episodes have been excellent and I really appreciate what it's trying to do, will def have to check out the LN's.

I really ship Lutz and Maine, it's a genuine realistic relationship type development. Sad that the old maine is gone but good they can finally talk about it and begin to move on
Nov 21, 2019 1:59 AM

Feb 2017
syncrogazer said:
I mean, it's kind of depressing to think about the possibility of someone else making memories with your family and friends in your place, like she's basically been overwritten and nobody even mourned her death.

Do you remember anything in the first years(up to 3 to 4) of your life? are you sure the kid you were a couple years after that point is the same as the one before? to your family do you stay the same?
The same thing happens to most people, it's even got a name "childhood amnesia".

So yeah she seems weird to everyone but it's mostly due to her knowing things out of nowhere, and before Urano became Myne, Myne spent most of the time bedridden so it's not like anyone spent too much time with her.
Nov 21, 2019 4:26 AM
Sep 2019
The confrontation with Myne was oddly heart warming as I didn't expect Lutz to accept her but now that he did, I feel bad for the frail little Myne Lutz once knew.

Wonder where she is now.
Nov 21, 2019 5:11 AM
Jun 2014
This episode was great, the confrontation between Maine and Lutz was so touching, when lutz realized Maine was someone else he accepted her as Maine since she's the one that was actually with Lutz the whole time
Nov 21, 2019 5:12 AM

Feb 2016
CordobezEverdeen said:
HereticHunter said:

It's garbage.

I really tried to like it with all my strenght but this is way too bad, i had to drop it after seeing how they butchered the "My Maine" bit. There is not a worthwhile moment left to adapt anyways unless they literally cut 10 or 20 chapters to reach the next climax.

That's way too harsh, either you expected it to be a complete faithful adaptation or just expected way too much from it.

I understand how it feels tho as I was trashing Neverland anime because it skipped a lot of stuff, but after a while I realized it wasn't that bad.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 21, 2019 5:28 AM

May 2018
She want to use that material that could destroy entire environment for a paper. Now we talking about realistic....

Lutz is realy aware about Maine, and I'm not surprise if he knew first that Maine is not real her. And also glad that Maine immediately reveal it, making it without secret between them. Now I'm thinking... is Lutz know that the one inside Maine is an adult

And paper business began to run
Nov 21, 2019 6:08 AM

Apr 2019
Another amazing episode. That conversation between Lutz and Maine was really touching. I'm really glad that they finally got to make papers. Now all they need is to mass-produce it and the paper making business is now open. I can't wait for Maine to make her first book.
Nov 21, 2019 7:03 AM

Mar 2016
Luxeraph said:
The same thing happens to most people, it's even got a name "childhood amnesia

This is not similar in the least because there is literally no continuity between Main's personality and the person's inhabiting her body now. It doesn't seem very intuitive to think of personality changes as we age as coming from 'outside us' or 'inhabiting us' in fact it just seems ridiculous, and meaningless as metaphor. And I don't think the young age makes it any better, in fact that makes it worse because she has shared almost nothing with her family and now someone else is experiencing that.

So thanks for making it more depressing.
syncrogazerNov 21, 2019 2:35 PM
Nov 21, 2019 8:07 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid episode!

Lutz was being a kid for a while but it was heartwarming to see him come to terms with it eventually. Maine sure didn't hold back either, good that otherwise a greater twist would've been in the making. Anyway, the whole scene was wonderfully done!

Maine really spilled a tad too much even by her standards this time around though, I've to say. Or maybe it's just Lutz intuition is amazing but either way that was some interesting build-up to the climax.

Curious on the true nature and reasoning behind that tree and especially why it didn't absorb nutrients from the Earth. I hope this doesn't mean it sucked a part of her life though, but I've a feeling this is exactly what occurred. Well, hopefully we'll get these answers in due time.

Maine's "I can't?" in the end there was really adorable, on another note. Really liking her character more by the episode.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 21, 2019 8:55 AM

Nov 2019
So like her will to live is predicated on the appreciation and approval from that boy.

Well, that is not at all worrying..

this_shit_againNov 21, 2019 11:30 AM
Nov 21, 2019 11:39 AM

Aug 2018
Well I feel relieved she revealed to Lutz the truth, it had to happen sooner or later and eventually he accepted the truth ! But I'm wondering if she will reveal these facts to her family
Nov 21, 2019 1:08 PM

May 2015
Dam Lutz this episode. Depressed as hell the entire episode. But that end part was really nice. I was so expecting Mein to cry.

At first I was like "Hell no dont bring romance into this" but honestly now Im not that against it anymore. They do seem to be hinting a thing between Mein and Lutz but guess we'll see what happens.

Mein has finally made some progress so we can finally see the next step towards her goal. So far this entire series technically has made no progress so its nice to finally see some.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 21, 2019 6:11 PM

Jan 2016
Dayum this episode was sad as fuck.

But damn, Lutz at the end saying "besides, most of my memories have been with you"

OwO depressing as fuck.
Nov 21, 2019 11:15 PM
Shōjo Specialist

Oct 2014
That was rather tragic. All of a sudden we need to come to terms with what REALLY happened. Endearing bUt still sad for what being smacked in the face with reality. I’m still not sure which direction this is going.
Nov 22, 2019 1:42 PM

Aug 2014
That confrontation was probably the best scene in the anime. This was such a great episode.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 26

6 by Phoenix35 »»
Mar 29, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

74 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 21, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

106 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 20, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

188 by Kvistis »»
Feb 14, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2019

98 by kal_dev »»
Feb 2, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.