Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 20, 2019 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That escalated quickly. The transfer student Chiharu kissing Joro's hand immediately caused an uproar in class. Can't say I'm surprised by some of the other characters' reactions either.

She seems like a rather normal girl except the part where she gets really close to Kisaragi. Also, Cosmos and her lunch boxes LOL
Stark700Nov 20, 2019 9:25 AM
Nov 20, 2019 9:22 AM

Sep 2018
I'm very disappointed that bench-kun wasn't here...
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Nov 20, 2019 9:33 AM

Aug 2013
The new Tsubaki seems like a normal character, though I'm afraid that she's hiding another side.

Cosmos lunch though. She sure made a lot.

Nov 20, 2019 9:50 AM

Mar 2019
Tsubaki looks kind but I wonder when she will reveal her true nature
Btw if the numbers I found on wikipedia are correct, 1/100000th of Shenmue's cost is around 470$ which means 51000 yen, Joro's got to work hard
(actually Shenmue's cost is estimated between 47M$ and 70M$ but a part of that sum was also used to produce Shenmue II )
Nov 20, 2019 9:53 AM

Nov 2017
Another addition to the Harem, not that i'm complaining lmao

That baseball game will be the end of MC
the only thing missing from this ep was bench-kun.
Nov 20, 2019 9:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Another new girl who loves Joro is introduced, I really don't know why he's suddenly popular like that.
And he's working for her now.
Nov 20, 2019 10:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ugh, the new girl is so plain and boring. Other than being pushy she brings nothing in for me (well pointless drama I suppose).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 20, 2019 10:04 AM

Jun 2019
This may be one of the most thoughtful and well crafted harem shows I've ever seen. Just when yo think it's complicated enough another character appears, with a yet different and unique appeal from the others.

I wonder what the new girl's motive really is, at the end she said "now the real pay-back starts". I'm wondering whether Joro picked her at kindergarten or something, or does she really mean it, and just want to thank him. It doesn't seem likely for real life though.

I like the way that most of the characters are well defined, including Joro. He's a bit of a jerk sometimes and likes attention from the ladies (what school lad doesn't fantasise about girls most of the time), but he's got a genuinely nice and caring side underneath. Most people would jump at the chance not to have to work and agree to Pansy's suggestion to not replace the book, but Joro insists, which speaks volumes about his work ethic and personality.

Personally, I hope he choses Pansy, she's by far the most interesting of all the girls. I also wonder why neither Himiwari or Cosmos have swung back to liking Sun-chan again. He apologised and seems nice. I know he likes Pansy, but she likes Joro, but irl I can't see all the girls in the lunch group only going for Joro and ignoring a perfectly nice, good looking guy (yes I know he acted like an ass), it just wouldn't happen. One of them would give up and chose Sun-chan.

I just finished Oreshura earlier and that had a satisfying ending where the MC actually chose one of the girls (although the way the other 3 reacted, still carrying on was a real let down). I'm really hoping this show goes down the same route and Joro actually decides upon one of the girls, doesn't just try to keep a harem of fawning girls dangling, as that just doesn't happen irl. You pick one and the happy couple and the losers all move on.
Nov 20, 2019 10:12 AM

Mar 2016
Cosmos deserves to be in a better show.
Nov 20, 2019 10:14 AM

Oct 2017
Cosmos senpai is sure working hard with the bentos lol, she is a sweet girl. Well Joro's in trouble again and pretty sure this whole thing was schemed by Tsubaki.
Nov 20, 2019 10:20 AM

May 2015
My boy Joro, you never learn do you?

That new Tsubaki girl is really suspicious, I haven't read from here out so I'm really interested in what's going to happen

Also the pink-haired and blue-haired girls of the opening finally appeared, so we've seen all the cast on screen except for the other guy
Nov 20, 2019 10:24 AM

Nov 2016
Inb4 Tsubaki reveals her true colors. My man Joro better be careful, she might be out to work him to the bone.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 20, 2019 10:30 AM
May 2017
The 4th wall break is real in this anime
Nov 20, 2019 10:42 AM
Oct 2018
had tense parts, I liked

I can already say that the harem has increased to 7 girls!

I thought the show was going to be going as well as the first episodes that honestly were the best

let's see where you are going towards the next episodes xd
Nov 20, 2019 10:58 AM

Jun 2017
In before Tsubaki is really just a genuinely good person and there is no catch lol. Those two random helpers seem a bit fishy though.

Poor Cosmos lol.
Nov 20, 2019 11:05 AM
Nov 2019
Was it my imagination or was there a dark haired girl lurking in the background when the two randoms turned up - and they had a friend who owned the book....

Could it be a total setup by Pansy?
Nov 20, 2019 11:08 AM

Oct 2015
I knew It, fucken knew the new character would be a disappointment, that's why I didn't hold my breath.

Who the hell would fall for someone because they came to cheer for their friend, fucken absurd is what I tell ya. The characters including Joro right now are like that sandwich I'm pointing at right now and that's been growing mold for the past week. At least it has more development than these piece of asswipes, yoh the torture every Wednesdays!

Right now Johnny Sins' shrinking balls are more interesting than this series at this moment.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 20, 2019 11:15 AM
Sep 2011
I lost it at that line, "How long is that baseball game singularity going to run rampant?" 😂
Nov 20, 2019 11:20 AM

Jun 2014
New girl probably has some grudge towards Pansy I think
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2019 11:31 AM

Dec 2014
finally last heroine introduced...hmmm
Nov 20, 2019 11:32 AM

Oct 2019
Finally we have rem and ram.

Err... wait a second.
Nov 20, 2019 11:52 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the game from a year ago again huh. Man Kisaragi sure ended up meeting a lot of people here. Thats quite the reaction from his friends within the class though. The daily lunch in the library sure got spiced up by Youki's introduction. Damm the book that was lost and found damaged sure was an expensive one. Overall an interesting ep that did well to both introduce the character of Youki as well as show the impact that she's having on the cast with Hina and Asaka's reactions being the most amusing. Im quite curious to see what lies beneath her smile and what she has planned for Joro though given her last line.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2019 12:16 PM

Nov 2008
Am I the only one who thinks "Tsubaki" is like...pretty ugly compared to the rest of the girls? xD

What's up with those bushy eyebrows? Lol her hair looks like a mop.

Guess she's not a boy...she just talks like one.

I thought it was sweet to see how much Joro cared about the book; even before he knew the cost of it; he cared because it's important to Pansy.

The appearance of these 'twins' is odd...but their designs are nice, at least.

Nov 20, 2019 1:12 PM

Sep 2018
Now im 100% sure that all of time and space converge on that baseball game.
Also Tsubaki's comment at the end... Was Joro right about her?
well that's just my opinion.....
Nov 20, 2019 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
New girl def trashed the book to get Joro to work at her shop
Nov 20, 2019 1:55 PM

Jan 2019
Oooo! Nice episode!
Something about the japanese language, when they blow just a little bit of extra air into the pronounced vowels :D
Awesome VAs!
Fade_Nov 20, 2019 2:01 PM
Nov 20, 2019 2:17 PM

Jan 2019
Wow that was such a nice episode.
There are so many mysteries about this new girl, but I think I liked her.
Nov 20, 2019 2:42 PM

Jul 2014
Oh, so the new girl isn't the one Sun-chan mentioned before, but she's also part of the damn baseball game... and of course she has ulterior motives, it would be shocking if not.

Give me that tsundere love, Sasanqua. I love her, her design, her personality, I have a weakness for Sasanqua <3

Cosmos is great, too <3.

Rem and Ram finally showed up. And if I heard right, Ram is voiced by Risa Taneda... YESSSSSS!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2019 2:58 PM

Sep 2014
This series is getting pretty generic. Not a fan of that.

What surprises me is that most people don't seems to have notice 2 suspicious aspects of this new character. Namely, the use of "boku" and the fact the character is flat. And mind you, not "slightly" flat like the other girls. She's as flat as it gets. It may be on purpose, but it's definitely a suspicious combination of factors.

So, is the new character a regular girl? Maybe trans (almost non-existent in anime)? Or is this just cross-dressing? I can see cross-dressing being used as a means to "get revenge", though that would be as weird/cheesy as it gets as it gets for a revenge. But even then, that doesn't explain why someone would decide to cross-dress on the day of a match and wait for Joro to randomly show up.

So, is this really a trope or...? I'm confused.

PS: I know some people did notice this in episode 7, but it just seems even more prominent in episode 8. You can straight up see how flat the new character is compared to the other girls when they're eating together.
FlamepriesTNov 20, 2019 3:23 PM
Nov 20, 2019 3:39 PM

Apr 2015
So far with almost every girl that gets introduced at this point, we can't really help but be suspicious. I wonder what Tsubaki is hiding, I honestly hope there isn't too much of a catch to her. Gonna be interesting to see what happens next!

Speaking of suspicious Those 2 girls that helped Joro, they are suspicious as hell. Heck they were there when Himawari tripped Joro over. So I'm pretty sure they messed that book up.

I think these last 2 episodes have been more relaxing, but the lack of bench-kun is kinda a let down :(
Nov 20, 2019 3:41 PM

May 2016
What the hell is that book?! Why it's so expensive?

I actually looked it up in the internet, the author is considered one of the greatest writers in japan history, which is awesome alright, but no idea why the book would cost ~50k yen. Maybe it's some old print?
Nov 20, 2019 3:49 PM

Aug 2018
techsnow said:
Finally we have rem and ram.

Err... wait a second.

Thanks, I was afraid to be the only one with this thought

Nov 20, 2019 3:58 PM

Sep 2013
what in the mother of all that is sacred is even happening anymore lol
Nov 20, 2019 4:06 PM

Sep 2019
new girls goal was definitely to get joro to work at her parents shop, now we wait to find out why
Nov 20, 2019 4:11 PM

Mar 2018
Nothing fits better than that last phrase

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 20, 2019 4:18 PM
Dec 2018
It was a good episode. Joro's initial reaction to Tsubaki looks like it could have been correct. But I'm not sure why she would have a grudge against him if he bought all those skewers from her stall.

Cosmos is still my favourite but she stands no chance of coming out on top, they seem to be making her more eccentric each week. Not quite sure where this is all going but it has been entertaining. The Rem and Ram characters, what's up with them?
Nov 20, 2019 4:25 PM

Sep 2012
Another one with ulterior motive lol.
Nov 20, 2019 4:59 PM

Aug 2018
I like this episode 4/5
Nov 20, 2019 5:04 PM

Nov 2017
Is it just me,or is anyone waiting for the OVA where we find out why Bench-kun was at that bloody baseball game :)
Nov 20, 2019 5:48 PM

Nov 2017
I see kimi no na wa and shokugeki no soma xD

Nov 20, 2019 6:01 PM

Jan 2011
damnit another girl scheming shit i should've known with how this show writes, legit think the Gal girl that got side lined already is better than this boring character that at least is voiced by Nao only redeeming quality so far.

still need to understand why because either having a grudge or being super devoted to Joro makes no sense so far after what he did which was buy a shit ton of meat skewers

gonna be shocked if i find out this author isn't a big baseball fan
Nov 20, 2019 6:21 PM

Feb 2014
I'm gonna take a guess at why she seemingly is plotting payback against Joro, don't correct me if I'm wrong just say I'm wrong.

Did Joro not pay for all the skewers he ordered from her then? Otherwise it's got to be for something completely off screen that we don't know about.
Nov 20, 2019 6:37 PM

Jul 2017
Bruh this series handles drama so weirdly. First with that whole decieving thing and now this book drama. You'd think with the way Himawari yeeted herself onto Joro you'd notice a big ass book that fell on the ground. And damn this harem is growing too fast

smh Joro x Joro is the only OTP in this series
Nov 20, 2019 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
Why is it that girls in harem anime fall for the MC for the stupidest reasons? So they had one conversation that kinda inspired her a bit. ONE CONVERSATION!! It wasn't even a deep conversation! I don't think I would've minded this trope, if this anime made fun of it. But it doesn't; it has no self awareness.
Nov 20, 2019 6:46 PM
Jan 2016
A flashback about how Joro meet new girl, ans she really looks like a angel, but in the end of episode made me with a suspection!

Sasanqua was really cute this episode, she is really cute now, i want to see more of her!

The comedy by Joro this episode was so damn funny, i laughted a lot with him!

Cosmos iwith that giant bentous was funny!

Was intense at the end with pansy cause of the book, but something is bugging my head, something misterious.
Nov 20, 2019 7:24 PM

Jan 2019
Joro drop that book in the remnants of a street brawl? Thing looked like it walked out of a murder.
Be happy with what you have to be happy with
Nov 20, 2019 7:27 PM

Nov 2011
I thought the interaction between Joro and Pansy at the end of the episode was the best part. I had though Pansy would actually be quite happy that Joro cares so much about her book he's willing to get a job to buy her a new one. Which while sweet Pansy just really wants to spend time with Joro, but Joro's pride does not allow it. Like I expected a more heartfelt moment but it was pretty serious at the end of the episode.

CeddyyBearr said:
So far with almost every girl that gets introduced at this point, we can't really help but be suspicious. I wonder what Tsubaki is hiding, I honestly hope there isn't too much of a catch to her. Gonna be interesting to see what happens next!

Speaking of suspicious Those 2 girls that helped Joro, they are suspicious as hell. Heck they were there when Himawari tripped Joro over. So I'm pretty sure they messed that book up.

I think these last 2 episodes have been more relaxing, but the lack of bench-kun is kinda a let down :(

Yeah the Twins have me interested. They watched Joro trip and lost the book out of his bag. Did they mess the book up? What are their motives?

We know they said someone they know owns the book so do they know Pansy or is it a coincidence?

Either way their introduction to the anime is quite interesting.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 20, 2019 7:33 PM
May 2019
Damn, that "The true payback begins now" was definitely shady. She IS hiding something, she has to be, my life won't be the same if she's not.
Otherwise, solid episode, Joro and Pansy's interactions only get better as this anime goes.
Those 2 also look odd. They made me curious about what they were up to. Now, only thing is missing is the other guy from the opening.
Nov 20, 2019 7:50 PM
Nov 2018

Nov 20, 2019 9:02 PM

Feb 2018
SoraSenpai said:
I thought the interaction between Joro and Pansy at the end of the episode was the best part. I had though Pansy would actually be quite happy that Joro cares so much about her book he's willing to get a job to buy her a new one. Which while sweet Pansy just really wants to spend time with Joro, but Joro's pride does not allow it. Like I expected a more heartfelt moment but it was pretty serious at the end of the episode.

CeddyyBearr said:

Yeah the Twins have me interested. They watched Joro trip and lost the book out of his bag. Did they mess the book up? What are their motives?

We know they said someone they know owns the book so do they know Pansy or is it a coincidence?

Either way their introduction to the anime is quite interesting.
i think Tsubaki is friends with Rem and Ram and was her plan. Maybe Tsubaki is the one Pansy was hiding her identity from.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Sep 28, 2019

260 by ShoozieChicken »»
Apr 22, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

234 by 28012001 »»
Apr 1, 5:11 PM

» Is Manga better or Light novel for Oresuki?

BhuvanSiesta - Nov 15, 2021

14 by eiko_zade »»
Jan 29, 11:39 AM

» Could anyone explain the difference between the stories of anime and manga? Is it okay to only watch anime?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 19

3 by Efan »»
Jan 19, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

102 by LuisSV23 »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.