Forum Settings
Forums

Favourite role by seiyuu Kotono Mitsuishi?

New
Nov 19, 2019 10:27 AM
May 2015
On my part it's Tae Yamada. I didn't really care about Mitsuishi till Zombie Land Saga.

What are your favourite roles by Kotono Mitsuishi?
Nov 19, 2019 11:35 AM

Nov 2008
I voted Usagi but she's really funny as Excel in Excel Saga.

I don't think she's that great as Usagi in the remake...now that she's older. Her talking voice is fine but when she raises her voice, it's pretty...screechy. x.x

Nov 23, 2019 6:10 PM

Sep 2010
I think my favorite role by her is Katerose from Legend of the Galactic Heroes I really liked her character!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 23, 2019 7:17 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
lol i think you can just tell from my general profile and forum set who i chose......
Nov 24, 2019 4:06 AM

May 2018
"The original Usagi Tsukino"

Well wasn't she Sailor Moon in the reboot too? There is a false Usagi?

I like her the most as Rinko Iori in Gundam Build Fighters where she also makes a captain Ramius cameo.
Nov 24, 2019 5:10 AM
May 2018
I voted for Usagi, simply because of how iconic she is, and rightfully so; she is such an entertaining and awesome classic character, and Mitsuishi's performace was a huge part of why Sailor Moon is to this day so memorable.

But, it is really hard for me to actually choose favourite role of hers, because in general, I just freaking LOVE this seiyu, her voice, and acting abilities are god level.

Still, there IS one thing I didn't like related to her - when they only brought her to work on Sailor Moon reboot, while every other original for main cast was replaced.

Toei is known, like it is the case with Dragon Ball, and Saint Seiya, to have seiyu reprise their roles even after 30 years, and that is very obvious, but at the same time, you can't help but feel glad to hear them again, even if they sound older, and be happy knowing that those characters are still theirs, even after all those years.

I only saw first three episodes of Crystal, and then put it on hold (I intend to (re)watch everything Sailor Moon in order of airing one day)...

I didn't mind CGy animation like some others, IMO it was a nice new take on Sailor Moon, new seiyu were also great, and Mitsuishi, while she did sound like an odd one out among the younger voice actors, IMO, she still got it, and one can get used to her "new" Usagi.

But really, I do think that if they decided to make a reboot with all the new cast, they should have either recasted Usagi as well, no matter how Mitsuishi is iconic, or if they decided to keep her, to also bring back other 90s actors.

Btw, not that long ago, I found out that Aya Hisakawa, original Ami Mizuno / Sailor Mercury auditioned for the role of Usagi Tsukino / Sailor Moon.
One can only wonder how her Usagi would be.

In any case, wish for Mitsuishi more roles in the future.
Nov 24, 2019 5:59 AM

Jan 2018
Oh no wonder her voice is screechy, she is nobita's mother and also a teacher in shin chan. I think her voice as boa hancock was fit and worthy but made me fall into conclusion that luffy x boa ship might not sail.
Nov 24, 2019 6:19 AM

Jul 2013
While I love the legendary Yamada Tae, I will always pick Misato's pterodactyl screech after drinking beer:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - Yesterday

44 by Shirayukin »»
2 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

105 by mo_lave »»
5 minutes ago

» Your top 5 anime couples

Anjumhossain - Dec 12, 2022

40 by WatchTillTandava »»
6 minutes ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - 49 minutes ago

4 by ryokoblue »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » How important is the art style for you

nishant0 - Apr 11

41 by SnipeStrike »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.