Forum Settings
Forums

Why Pokémon, Doraemon and many anime have kids tag..

Nov 18, 10:26 PM

But Aikatsu, Precure, Sazae-san and many others don't have? Seriously, this is a really bad thing to do as kids series automatically don't appear if you don't select it there and many series are hidden due to that. And likeI said, I don't understand why two series that are also for children appear normally while Pokémon and others are hidden.

Nov 19, 7:48 AM
Anime Moderator
watch'em all

I also don't like that kids anime are hidden by default.

However, Pokemon IS a kids anime, hence it has its tag.
Aikatsu is primarily aimed at young girls, same with Precure.
Sazae-san is often watched together with the family.
My goal is to watch as much anime as possible. On my profile you will also find a list of seen cartoons & movies. Sometimes I release older anime or sub some things. If you have any questions, just ask!

Nov 19, 9:18 AM
I thought it was universally agreed that Precure was really aimed at 30+yo men who are into doujins. Nhentai would suggest it is, and I've seen some data from japan that suggests the actual audience of precure is like 50% girls under 10 and 50% males over 30 so you can see it either way.

But yeah, the kids tag is probably among the least consistently applied tags in the DB. I guess there just aren't many people who care. But I do agree that it is weird to see something like Aikatsu have a shoujo tag despite being markes as an Original Anime and not an adaption of a shoujo manga.

I'm not aware of what the guidelines and criteria are for applying or not applying the kids tag, but I would like to know if there are any. Because as it is it does seem somewhat arbitrary.

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Nov 19, 11:15 AM

valoon said:
I also don't like that kids anime are hidden by default.

However, Pokemon IS a kids anime, hence it has its tag.
Aikatsu is primarily aimed at young girls, same with Precure.
Sazae-san is often watched together with the family.

My problem is with Precure, Aikatsu, Doraemon and many series that are also kids anime don't having it. And uh, young girls are kids. lol