Forum Settings
Forums

Voice Actor Tsubasa Yonaga to Limit Work Due to Voice Disorder

Nov 18, 8:11 PM
News Team
On Monday, voice actor Tsubasa Yonaga took to Twitter to reveal he has suffered from an undisclosed form of dysphonia since 2018, and as a result will begin to limit the number of jobs he accepts. His agency, Ken Production, also published a press release detailing the situation on their official website.

He received recommendations from doctors that he limit his work and made the decision with Ken Production, but will follow through on his current obligations and do his best to make a full recovery.

Yonaga began his career in voice acting in 2006 and has since been involved in over 100 productions, including noteworthy roles as Nagisa Hazuki in Free!, Sangaku Manami in Yowamushi Pedal, and Ren Hisashi in the leading role of the Ookiku Furikabutte TV anime series.

His recent work includes voicing Haruto Aoi in Grisaia: Phantom Trigger The Animation and reprising his role as Tsutomu Komano in the currently airing third season of Chihayafuru.

Source: Oricon News

Nov 18, 10:19 PM

That’s sad to see, I hope he’ll recover soon!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 18, 11:27 PM
➝➝

I hope that he is able to carry out the rest of his work without endangering his voice or health. Power to ya, Yonaga-san.

Nov 19, 12:41 AM

Hoping for a quick recovery! Don't stress, don't stress! Sidenote, not use to seeing names other than Desktomu. It took me way too long to try to figure out who the character was.

Nov 19, 4:36 AM

TrisEverdeen said:
Hoping for a quick recovery! Don't stress, don't stress! Sidenote, not use to seeing names other than Desktomu. It took me way too long to try to figure out who the character was.

Really? I figured it out instantly from the "tomu" part in both of the names, plus that he's a returning character in Chihayafuru..

ps: Love your profile pic btw!!<3 X)
Anime Watcher and Manga Reader Extraordinaire!!
Especially knowledgeable in the Slice of Life department, ask away if you want help finding good animes or mangas!! ;)

Im also a huge AniMu Fan.

No AniMu, No Life

Nov 19, 8:03 PM

Nov 22, 3:48 PM
He's been getting less voice roles lately. I hope he recovers well.

Nov 22, 6:50 PM

Ouch, this is unfortunate, I pray for his recovery, he's a good VA and talented.

Nov 23, 11:37 AM

Aichi! :(

Hope he recovers the best he can.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Nov 24, 1:43 AM
Get well soon, nagisa