Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 18, 2019 1:44 PM
Sep 2017
I used to be really into anime but recently I have had much less free time and it seems like massive commitment to get into any shows I haven't seen before. Have you guys any suggestions for shows that I can watch irregularly and not have a hard time coming back to them after weeks of not watching?
Nov 18, 2019 2:28 PM

Oct 2018
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (both seasons have a combined total of 6 episodes), not really 'linear' so can watch each episode, and be able to come back to it w/o worry.
Plastic Nee-san (can binge the 12 episode series in a roughly 20 min sitting)
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Nov 18, 2019 3:42 PM

May 2019
Di Gi Charat is 16 4-minute long episodes that you can watch in a single sitting and it'll take about an hour (or two 30 minute sittings). There's no continuity at all aside from a few character that get introduced early on and come back here and there.

I noticed you're already watching, Urusei Yatsura, which it's perfect for just watching an episode here and there cuz it's totally episodic. Seto no Hanayome is very similar and even copies a lot of the characters and tropes from UY, so if the episode count seems daunting you could try that instead.

Short OVA series or one-off are good for this too, I recommend the following:
Hades Project Zeorymer
Fight! Iczer-1
Dragon's Heaven
Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Case;Irvine
Gunbuster/Diebuster

The following are shows with half length episodes that are pretty good:
Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Senryuu Shoujo
Tejina-senpai
Neo Ranga
Kikou Sennyo Rouran
Nov 18, 2019 7:58 PM

May 2012
"Bake Neko," the three-episode concluding arc of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales, and its continuation, the series Mononoke. That's an anthology of five short stories.

You can watch all of REC in an evening.

Nov 18, 2019 11:54 PM

Aug 2019
Mega Man: Upon a Star
Nov 19, 2019 12:27 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Try watching Bottle Fairy!

It's a short 13 episode series, with each episode lasting around 13 minutes. It's kinda like Lucky Star, but less otaku-oriented and more suitable for kids—there's four girls and both series are revolved around them and their slice of life adventures.
It's a good watch if you want something funny and innocent or if you want to see Japanese culture, as most of the episodes will often reference Japanese holidays and traditions. You don't really have to worry about keeping up with the plot as it's mainly episodic.

More topics from this board

» Series with cute clothing and art style?

StrawberryBlxxd - Apr 16

12 by boguda »»
17 minutes ago

» Best mystery/detective series I haven't seen yet?

Curlybrace101 - Apr 4

10 by boguda »»
23 minutes ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

10 by boguda »»
28 minutes ago

» if anyone is into some messed up manhwas read I Tamed My Ex-Husband's Mad Dog

Rijouku - Apr 1

2 by Rijouku »»
2 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.