Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 17, 2019 11:23 PM

Jan 2009
An antihero or antiheroine is a main character in a story who lacks conventional heroic qualities and attributes such as idealism, courage and morality.[1][2][3][4][5] Although antiheroes may sometimes perform actions that are morally correct, it is not always for the right reasons, often acting primarily out of self-interest or in ways that defy conventional ethical codes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antihero

that is so Eren after i googled the definition of AntiHero that is being discussed on the Anime Discussion board right now

now i get why a lot of people like him just for the entertainment purposes since he is different than the over abundant hero main characters out there

do you agree? and share your other thoughts on this too
Nov 18, 2019 12:36 PM
Sep 2018
Exactly, Eren has now become one of the most tragic anti-hero of all time (am I exaggerating?) and not some cliche villain or an evil guy like some people would say. His character development is just incredible.
Nov 18, 2019 12:53 PM

Jan 2009
zerotitan said:
Exactly, Eren has now become one of the most tragic anti-hero of all time (am I exaggerating?) and not some cliche villain or an evil guy like some people would say. His character development is just incredible.

that poll results though https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfSGKtQFpCmghQsoz6FONt-M2eXAS9uCk-jSmsnuLZ2Yjv05A/viewanalytics

lol i bet Isayama made his antihero stance intentional to make this controversy so i expect a huge shitstorm when the anime airs this recent chapter

Nov 18, 2019 1:27 PM
Sep 2018
deg said:
zerotitan said:

that poll results though https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfSGKtQFpCmghQsoz6FONt-M2eXAS9uCk-jSmsnuLZ2Yjv05A/viewanalytics

lol i bet Isayama made his antihero stance intentional to make this controversy so i expect a huge shitstorm when the anime airs this recent chapter

We have seen exactly similar results in the poll you created here. We can see how much controversy and moral dilemma isayama has created within the readers and it only justifies his point that he is not portraying anything as evil or good, he is not giving any message, its upto readers and viewers to decide.
Nov 18, 2019 1:35 PM

Jan 2009
zerotitan said:

We have seen exactly similar results in the poll you created here. We can see how much controversy and moral dilemma isayama has created within the readers and it only justifies his point that he is not portraying anything as evil or good, he is not giving any message, its upto readers and viewers to decide.

nah
politics is likely controversial
art can be political
so it connects
Nov 18, 2019 1:45 PM
Sep 2018
deg said:
zerotitan said:

nah
politics is likely controversial
art can be political
so it connects

Art can be political. Sure
Politics is controversial. Sure
I don't disagree with your points at all. All I am seeing is isayama is not trying to give any message he is letting readers decide by creating such scenarios where readers are in splits. He himself said it that it is not his intention to give any message out of the story.

Also which poll is this?
Nov 18, 2019 1:49 PM

Jan 2009
zerotitan said:

Also which poll is this?

from reddit they say but i cannot find the thread about it there
Nov 18, 2019 4:48 PM

Aug 2019
What controversy? Even here you’re the only one looking for one.

People like Eren because he has been magnificently written, has gotten super interesting to watch and since the timeskip he owns every scene he’s in.

Isayama gave us all the tools to empathize with him, but then in the same chapter he showed us that he has taken the wrong turn and will have to be stopped.

I personally don’t agree with what he’s doing but I understand why he’s doing it and it makes me sad.

The message is crystal clear.

One can like characters than are wrong for many reason, empathy, charisma, you can see that in the popularity of characters like Darth Vader, The Joker, Light, Hand Landa. Eren can compare to Anakin Skywalker but done much much better.
cAbaddonNov 18, 2019 4:56 PM
Nov 18, 2019 5:08 PM

Jan 2009
cAbaddon said:
What controversy? Even here you’re the only one looking for one.

you should have gone check out reddit after the latest chapter was release then

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ana - Aug 6, 2015

119 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 16, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

peskylemur25 - May 2, 2015

127 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 5, 8:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.