Forum Settings
Forums

A woman comes by today to say she is pregnant with your child.

New
Nov 16, 2019 6:44 PM

Jun 2019
[sorry females of MAL, you are going to need to pass on this one, or pretend you are a guy]

What are the chances this could happen to you irl?

Imagine this does happen despite the odds, would you properly raise this child or go awol?

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 16, 2019 6:57 PM

Feb 2019
For me it would be 0%, for a number of reasons.

1. I've never had sex.

2. If I ever have sex, I'd wear protection AND make sure the girl was taking something.

3. If she got pregnant anyway, I would convince her to have an abortion (I would never have sex with, or possibly even date, someone who is anti-abortion).

4. If by some miracle I fathered a child despite all of this, I would probably just settle for paying child support. I would break up with the girl and let her find some other guy to handle the kid.

I hate children with a passion and would never willingly raise one.
When you stand at the cliff's edge, staring into the darkness below, the most horrifying realization is not that you might slip, but that you could leap.
Nov 16, 2019 7:24 PM
Jul 2018
I really don't get why guys even think running away is a valid option. It isn't.
Nov 16, 2019 7:26 PM

Jan 2009
lol i never or rarely leave the house and im asocial (not yet reaching antisocial level) in real life
Nov 16, 2019 7:31 PM

Jan 2017
-0 raised to the 20000th power. But if it did happen and the chick had some sort of evidence I was the father I'd probably help because I planned on being a father regardless.
Nov 16, 2019 7:34 PM

Mar 2019
Changes are fairly low, since I'm almost certainly infertile, and whoever would be pregnant with my child would probably just text me.

I am also completely certain that this child would be aborted. All whom I had sex with in the past couple of months are certainly not in the habit of breeding.

eastsip said:
I really don't get why guys even think running away is a valid option. It isn't.

Of course it is, it is a completely valid option that should be encouraged — unplanned parenthood should be illegal.

If I called the shots; there would be a mandatory 1 year decision period ere one could become a legal parent, and on top of that certain qualifications that had to be met to insure that one has both the responsibility and financial means to be responsible for another human's life.

On top of that, the idea that blood relationships should be the link that define legal parenthood is absurd; developed regions should in general not produce new biological offspring, but rather adopt from developing regions with population excess to fuel their growth. Human population growth is an unsustainable pyramid scheme that needs to halt and probably be reversed for a while.

If I ran this country I would tax biological births; human beings are an environmentally polluting product and should be treated like any other of such and taxed; I would tax biological births and subsidize abortion — exactly the same way as I would tax polluting vehicles and subsidize hybrids and public transport.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 16, 2019 7:35 PM

Jan 2017
chances? none. i will never talk to women, nor will i ever have sex. peace bitches
Nov 16, 2019 7:38 PM

Jan 2017
MadHobbit2 said:
For me it would be 0%, for a number of reasons.

1. I've never had sex.

2. If I ever have sex, I'd wear protection AND make sure the girl was taking something.

3. If she got pregnant anyway, I would convince her to have an abortion (I would never have sex with, or possibly even date, someone who is anti-abortion).

4. If by some miracle I fathered a child despite all of this, I would probably just settle for paying child support. I would break up with the girl and let her find some other guy to handle the kid.

I hate children with a passion and would never willingly raise one.
"I hate children with a passion and would never willingly raise one."

I mean I don't really care for children either but there's a higher power when you consider you're raising someone that will go into the next generation and hopefully remember you as a good person. I think it's an extremely fulfilling and beautiful thing. Of course kids are going to be a pain in the ass regardless and you'll suffer even worse when they become a bratty teen but imagine having a beer with your kid when they're an adult while you're a ragged old man and looking back at life, I think it's great. Not to mention if you have a good disposition you could probably raise a pretty good human-being to be successful in the next generation.
Nov 16, 2019 7:39 PM

Dec 2016
This is an easy one.

1. The highest possible chance of this happening was years ago.

Lets go!
That baby ain't mine
I'm sorry
"you are not the father"
Bitch you heard maury
I ain't buyin no carseat
And I ain't finna take care of no freak
Not me (not me)
You ain't gettin no trust up outta my check
But I will pay for that dna test
I ain't buyin no huggies, don't dress him like me that ain't my lil buddy
Dem ain't my lips and them ain't my eyes you can keep them big pitchas and the wallet size
That baby got a big nose girl look at mine you can play blind but girl you needa stop tryin
You can stop cryin girl you can stop cryin
You done pick the wrong one baby this time it aint my problem shawty

Take him by my momma house girl she'll tell ya
Dat baby don't look like me

Nov 16, 2019 8:04 PM

Feb 2017
My response depends on hr looks.

If shes hot i'l say "Lets get married!"

If shes not then i'l say "Lets get married"

Cuz im 100% sure if something like this happened to me it would be a prank.

Nov 16, 2019 8:35 PM
Feb 2017
I'd know I was being pranked because for one I don't talk to girls at all.
Nov 16, 2019 8:40 PM

Feb 2018
You only need a window and an "accident" caused by a very "friendly" person.
Nov 16, 2019 8:48 PM

May 2013
I'm not sure that's possible, take from that what you will.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Nov 16, 2019 9:05 PM

Nov 2008
She would be lying. I haven't dated since the #Metoo movement started.

Nov 16, 2019 9:16 PM

Mar 2019
I would raise it.

It would be irresponsible not to.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2019 10:03 PM

Aug 2009
Umm... I'd say its pretty unlikely, but if it did happen I'll just let my man shaggy say it

Gonna need to run that DNA test if you want me to get involved tbh

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Nov 16, 2019 10:27 PM

Jun 2017
bye bye baby

vegetables, fruits, ham, bread, butter, olive oil, pan, oven
Nov 17, 2019 12:31 AM

Sep 2018
I thought it happened to me once after we split up, it wasn't anything sinister but she missed 2 periods and that was through stress.

I don't recommend it to anyone.
Nov 17, 2019 12:47 AM
Aug 2016
I never had sex and so the chances of that happening are practically 0.
Nov 17, 2019 1:30 AM

Mar 2018
It flatters me that you think I have intercourse

"Ehehehe.....I did my best!" - Pururut
Nov 17, 2019 1:43 AM

Jul 2015
not gonna happen unless i was somehow raped in my sleep.

In any case, take my child support money and leave me alone. I have a life to live, thank you very much
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Nov 17, 2019 1:53 AM

Aug 2016
The virginity is strong in this thread.
Nov 17, 2019 2:19 AM

May 2017
Literally zero chances of that happening. I'm not gonna raise someone else's kid either.
RandomFriday said:

I am the virginest
Nov 17, 2019 2:38 AM

Oct 2015
There is about limit of 1/x as x goes to infinity chances of that happening. If it is somehow correct I'd report her to the police for rape. If they're at the second trimester or later, that'd mean I was a minor too.
Auron_Nov 17, 2019 2:52 AM
Nov 17, 2019 2:41 AM

Sep 2018
RandomFriday said:

and everyone on here hates tits and arse too. So either everyone is really young and/or really gay.
Nov 17, 2019 3:30 AM

May 2019
Raise the kid while more than potentially hating the woman. The child will receive all my love, however, and grow strong. They will become a super human under my tutelage, surpassing all of their peers. I'll stay with her if only to indirectly benefit from her EITCs, food stamps and Medicaid.

p0ckyy said:
chances? none. i will never talk to women, nor will i ever have sex. peace bitches

You must mean you have the capacity to but you choose not to. I can't imagine you being anything but a chick magnet.
FreshellNov 17, 2019 3:36 AM
Nov 17, 2019 4:42 AM

Aug 2018
Nah, I don't go around knocking up every girl I meet or see. I'm a very loyal person, I despise cheaters and cheating. I find such people absolute trash, a waste of space on planet Earth.

Nov 17, 2019 5:56 AM

Mar 2018
If I've gone so far as to spend a night with someone then I might as well take care of the consequences.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Nov 17, 2019 6:22 AM

Feb 2019
The chances are slim, I'm one careful boi. If it does happen, I'll cry myself to sleep yeah, I'd raise them and, since I'm probably close to the woman, we'd partner up to take care of them well. Unless, she wants to abort it, then it's up to her, but I'd say this is even less likely than receiving these news.
Nov 17, 2019 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
@Sphinxter I didn't say the couple should be obligated to birth the child, just that it shouldn't be an option for the guys to run away and leave everything to the girl, pretending they never impregnated someone. That's what I interpret "going awol" to be in this context.
Nov 17, 2019 12:54 PM

May 2019
This could only happen to the genderbend-version of me in an alternate universe where the simple thought of having real sex does not gross me out: Waaaay out of my comfort zone.

And even then, romantic love and protection on BOTH partners are a must or not going to get it on.
Nov 17, 2019 2:52 PM

Mar 2019
eastsip said:
@Sphinxter I didn't say the couple should be obligated to birth the child, just that it shouldn't be an option for the guys to run away and leave everything to the girl, pretending they never impregnated someone. That's what I interpret "going awol" to be in this context.
And I'm saying that it should; as I said; it shouldn't even be an option as I said to become an unplanned parent, for either.

Unplanned births should either be aborted or given to adoption. Every parenthood should be planned.

Anyone that starts to have children as an accident without seriously thinking this through is already an unfit parent and shouldn't be one; this is a choice one should seriously consider and not make on a whim.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 17, 2019 3:09 PM

Jun 2015
Kick her outta the house cz its clearly aint mine. I didnt even have sex with her.

#4evralone
Nov 17, 2019 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
Sphinxter said:
eastsip said:
And I'm saying that it should; as I said; it shouldn't even be an option as I said to become an unplanned parent, for either.

Unplanned births should either be aborted or given to adoption. Every parenthood should be planned.

Anyone that starts to have children as an accident without seriously thinking this through is already an unfit parent and shouldn't be one; this is a choice one should seriously consider and not make on a whim.

I get that and I agree. If someone doesn't want to birth an unwanted child, they should be allowed to abort. I was talking about the scenario where the girl tells the guy she's pregnant and she asks what are they going to do, he then runs away and is never seen again. This is what I said shouldn't even be an option. Both should debate to decide if they are going to abort or not, or whatever other solution they want.
Nov 17, 2019 5:54 PM

Oct 2018
Overcast93 said:
Literally zero chances of that happening. I'm not gonna raise someone else's kid either.
RandomFriday said:

I am the virginest
You are worthy of being my friendo desu.

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Nov 17, 2019 6:06 PM

Mar 2008
eastsip said:
Sphinxter said:

I get that and I agree. If someone doesn't want to birth an unwanted child, they should be allowed to abort. I was talking about the scenario where the girl tells the guy she's pregnant and she asks what are they going to do, he then runs away and is never seen again. This is what I said shouldn't even be an option. Both should debate to decide if they are going to abort or not, or whatever other solution they want.

The main reason that happens is because
societal pressure for both and only them to raise the child (pushed more on the female) and finance the child (pushed more on the male) and how that societal pressure encourages the female to guilt trip the male into doing everything along with her. There are so many other options though such as extended family helping out or a community raising a child or just adoption and all of these the genetic parents can be involved if they so desire.
Nov 17, 2019 6:10 PM

Mar 2019
eastsip said:
Sphinxter said:

I get that and I agree. If someone doesn't want to birth an unwanted child, they should be allowed to abort. I was talking about the scenario where the girl tells the guy she's pregnant and she asks what are they going to do, he then runs away and is never seen again. This is what I said shouldn't even be an option.
And I said it should not only be an option; it should be mandatory. And the other person should be forced to either abort, or give it up for adoption.

Again, I think unplanned parenthood should be illegal. If an unplanned conception occur, it should either be aborted, or given up for adoption to those that actually planned it.

Both should debate to decide if they are going to abort or not, or whatever other solution they want.
They can not abort, but then it should go do adoption — no parenthood should be unplanned, becoming a parent is a decision that must be reached with all due seriousness and not decided on a whim because some conceptional accident happened.

And I also think that this link of biological parentage with legal parentage should be severed at once. They are two separate skills, having a biological relationship with a child is no guarantee of being a good parent. Biological parentage should be decided on entirely different factors such as being free of various diseases than being a legal parent which should be decided based on responsibility and financial situation. The idea that there should be a biological relationship between parent and child is outdated and should be cast away with.

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 17, 2019 6:14 PM
Jul 2018
traed said:
eastsip said:

societal pressure for both and only them to raise the child (pushed more on the female) and finance the child (pushed more on the male) and how that societal pressure encourages the female to guilt trip the male into doing everything along with her. There are so many other options though such as extended family helping out or a community raising a child or just adoption and all of these the genetic parents can be involved if they so desire.

Yes, yes, I just think all options should be debated with both expected parents. The main problem is that the "issue" is only bodily attached to the woman, what means the man can simply choose to leave and don't look back, while the woman can't. She can't pretend nothing happened, because the something is literally inside of her. I'd say most of the pressure done by the woman you talk about comes from an already innate fear of "is he going to run away, he better not" that comes from the historical precedence of "male abortion" long before the female one started being discussed.
Nov 17, 2019 6:52 PM

Mar 2008
eastsip said:
traed said:

Yes, yes, I just think all options should be debated with both expected parents. The main problem is that the "issue" is only bodily attached to the woman, what means the man can simply choose to leave and don't look back, while the woman can't. She can't pretend nothing happened, because the something is literally inside of her. I'd say most of the pressure done by the woman you talk about comes from an already innate fear of "is he going to run away, he better not" that comes from the historical precedence of "male abortion" long before the female one started being discussed.

The explanation I gave above also involves the assumption of her not having an abortion. However in some cases it's due to people that say they are against abortion just avoiding a moral dilema. I vaguely recall some cases of conservative politicians convincing a mistress to have an abortion. So it's all about fear of parenthood, financial stress, and stigma of abortion due to people being caught up in convention of the nuclear family. What i am saying is if people stopped being hung up on the nuclear family and abortion we would see more people being more involved. Though there is still the factor of some people just can't handle emotional distress in others and don't know how to support someone that way. However that would be partially lessended under the premise I advocated for due to the whole situation of an unintended or unknown pregnancy being less stressful due to more options being seen as acceptable .
Nov 18, 2019 12:07 AM

Mar 2014
well, even though me somehow, unconsciously, were engaged in a sexual intercourse with her, no child can be born from such action though. so, i'd take the child but not the woman.
Nov 18, 2019 6:04 AM
Jul 2018
traed said:
eastsip said:

The explanation I gave above also involves the assumption of her not having an abortion. However in some cases it's due to people that say they are against abortion just avoiding a moral dilema. I vaguely recall some cases of conservative politicians convincing a mistress to have an abortion. So it's all about fear of parenthood, financial stress, and stigma of abortion due to people being caught up in convention of the nuclear family. What i am saying is if people stopped being hung up on the nuclear family and abortion we would see more people being more involved. Though there is still the factor of some people just can't handle emotional distress in others and don't know how to support someone that way. However that would be partially lessended under the premise I advocated for due to the whole situation of an unintended or unknown pregnancy being less stressful due to more options being seen as acceptable .
It's not that uncommon as it seems for pro-life advocators to, when faced with unplanned parenthood, to ask the woman to abort, actually. So, you advocate for a system akin to that of indigenous tribes, in which the kid is raised by the whole group, not by just a couple? How do you think that would be implemented on a large scale?
Nov 18, 2019 6:10 AM

Feb 2015
I'm gonna moonwalk my way out of this, because she's not my lover and that kid is not my child.
Nov 18, 2019 8:15 AM

Oct 2017
Oh god not again
Returns to hikikomori state
Nov 18, 2019 8:34 AM

Jan 2018
If she comes to accuse me that I'm the one, then it's a no. If she asks for help then that's a different story.
Nov 18, 2019 12:29 PM

Mar 2008
eastsip said:
traed said:

It's not that uncommon as it seems for pro-life advocators to, when faced with unplanned parenthood, to ask the woman to abort, actually. So, you advocate for a system akin to that of indigenous tribes, in which the kid is raised by the whole group, not by just a couple? How do you think that would be implemented on a large scale?

I just think the options shouldn't be off the table. I'm not sure how well it works since we don't have many examples in this current time. The Mosuo seem to do fine with their family system. There are others but cant think of them atm
Nov 18, 2019 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
That'll never happen to me! Because I'll probably be a virgin for the rest of my miserable life!
Seriously though, if that did happen, I would probably tell her to get an abortion. If she refuses, I'd probably take responsibility and help raise the child.
Nov 18, 2019 1:08 PM

Aug 2009
Two words: Wire hanger.

Clearly I'm not into having kids.

Nov 18, 2019 1:23 PM

Oct 2018
zilch, never even dated >_>
On the off-chance that something like this did happen, however, I would man up and take responsibility for the child.
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Nov 18, 2019 1:41 PM

Oct 2012
Assuming I was a man:
I'd take responsibility. The woman probably went through a lot of trouble getting pregnant, finding it out and having to deal with it emotionally, so the least I could do is support her. For heck's sake, I was part of the reason she even got pregnant! And don't get me started on the whole "she should have taken the pill" shit. Shit's unpredictable and even a bit of diarrhea can fuck its effects up. So it's not the woman's fault for getting pregnant. If I, as a man, decide to cum in her without a condom, then I will prepare for all the eventual consequences.

TL;DR - I'll be the father and I'll always be there for the kid.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Nov 18, 2019 2:32 PM

Oct 2019
Wouldn't be mine considering i'm an incel, but if it was, I'd ask for a gene test. If it came back positive i would feel it'd be my responsibility to help raise it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 8 hours ago

5 by cody »»
1 minute ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - 24 minutes ago

4 by pludel2 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

15 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
14 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

68 by shadowdownfall »»
33 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 10 hours ago

7 by Zettaiken »»
56 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.