Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2019 1:08 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The big focus this time around was finally conquering Haltina Labyrinth, which first appeared on volume 2, and I wasn't expecting it to be soo hard but makes sense since they need to clear all the other ones to open the entry for this one.
And the reward, Evolution Magic is probably the most OP addiction yet, considering its nature of evolving every other magic and further applications.

I do like ALOT that since volume 6 we have had more focus on Shizuku, ever since seeing her art on volume 5 cover, I wanted more from her, the more the LN explored her personality, the more I came to like her, she has that charm of the typical samurai girl, kinda bossy, but taking care of everyone else around her... just works really well, so all these hints of romance we have gotten are always major highlight scenes for me.
Shea was a major focus again this volume, a continuation of previous one, and it was nice to see she finally getting some love (I do like her and the rest of the harem a bit more than Yui, which has become kindas stale for me, after the I read the first 3-4 volumes), it was endearing, I m glad this was a change from the WN.

I think it is about time we get a volume focused more on Tio, that develops her further, rather than just being the party's pervert, because that is such a waste on her character... we need more onee-sama scenes with her, I loved her scene near the end of the volcano labyrinth in volume 5, it was one of the BIG highlights of Arifureta for me thus far, definitely.
That cockroach fight was disgusting and a weird choice of the writer for a boss, but hearing everyone insulting each other was a surprise (and Shizuku realized she loves him because she hated Hajime the most, CUTE~~)

More into the labyrinth itself, Yue Cull and then Divine Purgatory gave me chills, really BADASS scene, she was always OP, but really such a cool and badass moment for her, also Hajime's smile after they clear the labyrinth and their path gets more clear, man, that was heartwarming, it got me off guard completely, really emotional and a proof the writer can do it when he really wants to, respect.

As always, fuck Eri, I m with Hajime on this, there is no turning back from the path she chooses, she is far too into it, just will never return, any promises she would make of such are pure lies.

The extra chapter, about verbengen magazine, made me tear again, it had some silly writing, but also heart, solid harem development there.

I liked 2 bonus stories a lot, the forbidden evolution magic (yandere Yue, an improvement over normal Yue IMO) and the April fools one, poor Kaori. xD

While I already read a bit of volume 9, considering I only have that one, and volume 10, and this one ends in a cliffhanger I really don't want to digest while waiting for volume 11... I will just wait and read 9-11, it should take a while, but I always liked to read LNs in bulk, focusing only on one at time.
Been reading the series for a while, since this summer, so time for a break, and actually I already started Danmachi and read till vol3 there, and damm, like I always said, most LNs are much shorter than Arifureta is for certain, especially on early volumes, lets not forget Arifureta first volume was BIG, it took me at least 10 hours to finish it!
Meanwhile, I also want to continue DAL LNs, continue Shield Hero, get into Overlord LN, and other LNs have stopped reading years ago due to catching up to its releases, so I will have tons of stuff to get me interested, but I hope volume 11 comes soon enough.
About time I pull Arifureta anime from my hold list, no matter how bad of an adaptation it was, I need to see it animated after coming this far (may continue with the manga too eventually).

Knowing Shizuku scenes only get better and more intense from here on it is a major tease and it sucks to have to stop reading, but I already gave those a bit of a read to appease the desire to she her ship sailing... at least I will have a lot to look forward to, when I come back to the series.
PlaycoolNov 16, 2019 1:12 PM
Aug 16, 2020 2:48 PM

Feb 2015
Uhhh finally, took a lot of grueling vol but Shea.... you're hard work paid off. I'm patiently waiting for it goddamn the moment was too good. You held it, you've proven you're more than just a side bitch. You're smile as beautiful as it is, still gives the feeling of serenity and how you've overcome everything, yes as Tio put it, The Master of Fortitude. Just happy for you, this is coming from someone whose a Yuefag.

Shizuku's group are a fucking awful lots, no not because they're literally what I considered Party B but goddamn just ahhhhhhhhhh.... Also Kouki, just fking sleep in that coffin. You deserve the eternal sleep you've sought for. Shizuku's personality did come out ever since I think it was vol.5/6 that they met again, her caring personality is a pleasure to read. Well despite wanting to be into the harem I want her to blossom similarly to Hajime but not attached to him in a romantic level.

Still the amount of "because I transmuted this" has thus increased at this point on the LN I dont really care... I just dont care anymore. Hell if the narration just mentioned Hajime's Ehit I wouldnt even care. I just wouldnt. It's like those aha hah synergist transmutation go brr brr but damn it's just too much...

Yue's OP we know that but damn the way she makes magic is a damn good read... I feel like author just had a vivid narration to Yue's magic working than Hajime's aha aha transmuting go brr brr but ehhh...

The magic they got doesnt just make Hajime OP but I want to see more how Yue can alleviate it.

Eri is just one of those prolly long awaited arc to come. I'd assume Freid and Eri will somehow manage to fuck up Hajime like how he did during the volcano expedition... But uhhh yah, regardless of what the outcome is, I doubt Kouki nor Suzu will be able to """"talk"""" to her. But hey I might be wrong. Uhhhh also Kouki should try eating monsters too, he'd prolly somehow, be stronker than Hajime but well uhhhh I guess not...

Slime banzaiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Volume 2 Discussion

BlackFIFA19 - Feb 12, 2018

8 by -DxP- »»
Apr 23, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Volume 1 Discussion

BlackFIFA19 - Feb 12, 2018

4 by -DxP- »»
Apr 20, 3:19 PM

» After Story?

RealityChanges - Mar 10

3 by Franklr_D »»
Mar 13, 6:33 AM

» Why is there no harem tag?

ariel_nugie - Feb 15

1 by Crusader_Requiem »»
Feb 17, 8:49 PM

» Can I Find Volume 13 Summary Anywhere?

Hejtero - Nov 24, 2023

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Nov 25, 2023 12:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.