Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 17, 2019 12:17 AM

Apr 2016
abyss_will said:
what did merlin do to ana´s sythe???

It's called a buff, never played world of warcraft ?
Nov 17, 2019 12:19 AM

Aug 2009
I was expecting Tiamat to look worse but except the one upper body scene posted above I was fine with it.Even the snake-hair look like hair that end up in snake heads.

I hope they polish it tho.

This ep aside, to the users that were complaining about FGO players "spoiling" shit but now are posting identities left and right..... I hope you choke on hot pepper sauce.
Nov 17, 2019 1:24 AM

Feb 2017
Yasuchan said:
Really nice episode! I wasn't expecting Tiamat to be THAT huge.

Ushiwakamaru's "I deserve a head pat" had me screaming all around. Ushi deserves all of the love in this world! I know I'm going to suffer so much watching next week's episode... :'(

It happens next episode? ...... noooo, it's to soon D:<
Nov 17, 2019 2:09 AM

Feb 2014
Leonidas really had the "hands-on" approach while educating Ritsuka about how to stay fit and healthy. I imagine some yaoi fangirls squealing when they see the way Leondias picked Ritsuka up from the ground like that. ^^'

Overall, I though this episode was pretty good. The animation wasn't at its best, but we still had some nice action with Ushiwakamaru and Ana's solo fight with the lion beast was very good. Same goes for the chat between Merlin and Ana about being inhuman and all. It was insightful and satisfying.

As for Tiamat, her CGI model was alright. From the distance shot, her facial detailing was lacking, but her CGI snakes looked good. I just hope the studio doesn't screw up with her CGI model in the big fight next episode. Fingers crossed...
Nov 17, 2019 2:24 AM
Oct 2018
I little bit bothered with cgi, but its still in tolerateable level (its still considerebly good compared to arifureta etc). I hope they improve it on BD version. Overall, nice episode since this is just beginning to certain event. True fate series vibe starts from here.

Also, as fgo player who finished babylon, I dont remember we talked to leonidas as much as anime does o.o
Nov 17, 2019 4:19 AM
Jun 2017
ohh now its coming nearer to the more exciting part of the story as GORGON appeared... ohh and she really is huge... hahaha...

and leonidas has shown his powers to ritsuka and mash...

yeah... as a FGO player i am excited on how they will animate the future episodes...

plus KING SOLOMON APPEARED ON THIS SERIES AGAIN... hahaha
Nov 17, 2019 6:10 AM
May 2016
Who knew with a bit of hamon you can break free from petrification
Nov 17, 2019 8:54 AM

May 2015
Tiamat has some nice pair of...

"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 17, 2019 11:59 AM

May 2018
oh god oh fuck CG not-Tiamat
Nov 17, 2019 12:01 PM

Jan 2017
Gorgon's model was not that bad, it always could be worst...

Also Merling showing finally his OP skills!

Next episode will be great!
Nov 17, 2019 12:13 PM

Feb 2014
Merlin is somewhat useful this episode. Also we finally meet the mother of all, Tiamat. Though she's not fully awakened.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 17, 2019 3:20 PM

Sep 2016
LeSponge said:
ohh now its coming nearer to the more exciting part of the story as SPOILER appeared... ohh and she really is huge... hahaha...

and leonidas has shown his powers to ritsuka and mash...

yeah... as a FGO player i am excited on how they will animate the future episodes...

plus KING SOLOMON APPEARED ON THIS SERIES AGAIN... hahaha

Spoilers, mate.

XrT said:

Before the actual fight she still didn't use her mystic eyes.
This is just the passive effect of these eyes existing.
bruh
Nov 17, 2019 5:03 PM

Nov 2015
Damn i don't remember Gorgon being this huge, Great way to make her intimidating i suppose, Also im happy they are adapting the Ritsuka dreams. Makes Solomon a more interesting villian.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Nov 17, 2019 10:00 PM

Jul 2016
A bit average episode this time. The animation wasn't the best and leaving aside the talk between Ana and Merlin, the rest of the episode wasn't really that interesting.

And regarding the last sequence, angry big snake mama finally made her appearance but she looks... a bit odd depending on the camera angle. Honestly, It's not a big deal but I hope the studio can handle the upcoming fight against her in a satisfactory way.
Nov 18, 2019 5:17 AM

Apr 2009
XrT said:
Pretty sure it's mainly because
has a bunch of passive magic resistance buffs and stuff that provide constant protection to Mash and Ritsuka.
Nov 18, 2019 5:33 AM

Aug 2014
Nilvius said:
XrT said:
Pretty sure it's mainly because
has a bunch of passive magic resistance buffs and stuff that provide constant protection to Mash and Ritsuka.

That is true, but the thing in this episode was much simpler than that: those weren't eyes of petrification.
She didn't actually use them, a paralyzing (with fear alone) glance is like a constant passive of those eyes, but she can choose to "activate" the petrification or not.

Nov 18, 2019 9:40 PM
Jan 2016
Great episode!

Seems Ana is affraid of reveling all the truth about her!

Ushiwaka and Ana's fight sequences were really awesome, and with support of Merlin, Ana managed to one shot that demonic beast! That Foo's save on Ana was awesome, did know that Foo had magic too!

Tiamat made her appearance, really dont know if they can defeat her, looking foward next episode!
Nov 19, 2019 12:06 AM

Aug 2015
hmm, a good episode

I thought Greek hoplite armor was just brass plate (with ab muscle adornment ofc), so the fact these guys look like Roman legionnaires is kinda triggering

oh, you faked me out Fate, good job
I was positive snake lady was Medusa in Gorgon form...you got me
Nov 19, 2019 2:46 AM

Aug 2009
glassknuckles said:
hmm, a good episode

I thought Greek hoplite armor was just brass plate (with ab muscle adornment ofc), so the fact these guys look like Roman legionnaires is kinda triggering

oh, you faked me out Fate, good job
I was positive snake lady was Medusa in Gorgon form...you got me

Just imagine that Roman armor originated from Gil's vault an dyou will be fine.His armor definitely isnt Sumerian anyway.
Nov 19, 2019 3:58 AM

Apr 2009
glassknuckles said:
these guys look like Roman legionnaires is kinda triggering
It's an inside joke. In the game, they re-use assets all the damn time, including those damn Roman mobs even in non-Roman setting like Babylonia singularity. So the anime just continued with it since it's already a joke among the fandom and TM loves their self-referential humor.
NilviusNov 19, 2019 4:01 AM
Nov 19, 2019 1:41 PM

Oct 2012
Wait, so one purple-haired loli character disappears and the another purple-haired monster appears, coincidence much? Isn't this basically the same plot twist as with Jeanne and their Alter enemy in the Orleans arc? How come there are always the same Servants twice?
Nov 20, 2019 12:14 AM

Aug 2009
Mich666 said:
Wait, so one purple-haired loli character disappears and the another purple-haired monster appears, coincidence much? Isn't this basically the same plot twist as with Jeanne and their Alter enemy in the Orleans arc? How come there are always the same Servants twice?

What?

Did you even watch the previous eps where the purple haired monster was introduced?

What is this nitpicking?
Nov 20, 2019 3:36 AM

Nov 2013
I want to know what "always" refers to here because 2-3 times out of 10+ doesn't sound "always"-y to me.
Nov 20, 2019 8:19 AM

Mar 2016
Mich666 said:
pretty sure orleans was the only other instance in the main story where something like this happened
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Nov 23, 2019 10:42 PM

Dec 2014
I can't get over how cute Ana is. So is she Medusa or not?
Nov 30, 2019 12:56 PM

May 2016
That thing called Tiamat was sure ugly af... but damn she is huge.
Dec 1, 2019 5:18 AM

Jul 2009
Gorgon's Tiamat's CG looks really uncanny in some angles, but overall they did her design (and size) justice. That's one big snek!

Ana was at her cutest this episode. Just wanted to give her a good ol' hug.

Ushiwakamaru's game face is so screenshot-worthy. Love it.

Finally able to see Merlin in action. Must have powered up Ana's buster attack so much to be able to one-shot the boss like that lmao.

Dec 17, 2019 8:21 AM

Jul 2013
Finally had the time to watch this after being so busy with thesis for the past few weeks omg.

I'm always down for Fou beating up Merlin. Kinda wished they showed us more of their banter.

Anyway, a decently-adapted episode I guess. The conversation between Merlin and Ana was one of the memorable ones in the game. I wish they added the part where Merlin said that Ana's distrust for humans is starting to waver. It was an important piece to her character. They also skipped some of Merlin's dialogue about his feelings for humanity and some info on his history. They also skipped a lot of dialogue with Leonidas strategizing their plan to evacuate the people of Nippur and giving Ritsuka more advice and encouragement. It would have given him a more commander 'feel." It's like they wanted to get into action immediately.

Didn't expect Tiamat/Gorgon to be that big but holy shit I do appreciate it. Truly a monster to be hold.

CGI is ehhh but at least they switch to 2D for closeup shots.
Dull_LullDec 17, 2019 8:57 AM
Mar 4, 2020 7:13 AM
Apr 2016
Oh my, the "mother" turned out to be quite boring... that's unfortunate.
Mar 10, 2020 6:45 PM

Aug 2017
The MILF has awakened and she going to kill everyone lol.

We have seveal good underwear shots of Leonidas here ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 2, 2020 6:58 PM

Oct 2017
Medusa aka Fate/stay night Rider is always getting her ass kicked with ease. I hate that, I mean she should be overpowered with pegasus, transforming people to status and her hair too...
I feel better to see her with the power that she has to have.
Apr 26, 2020 9:50 PM

Sep 2011
I hope this isnt all Mash has to offer because she seems kinda weak/useless right now. (or maybe I'm just too used to Saber wrecking shit in the Fate series)

As of right now shes only eye candy and thats about it.
Apr 26, 2020 10:46 PM

Aug 2009
funkotaku said:
I hope this isnt all Mash has to offer because she seems kinda weak/useless right now. (or maybe I'm just too used to Saber wrecking shit in the Fate series)

Did we watch the same series?

Saber is constantly getting rekt at the start of every Fate she is a main character.
Apr 27, 2020 11:47 AM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
funkotaku said:

Saber is constantly getting rekt at the start of every Fate she is a main character.

When did I say at the beginning of the series? I'm asking if she gets any better or is she like this throughout the whole series? I'm assuming not due to your reply. lol
Apr 27, 2020 11:59 AM

Aug 2009
funkotaku said:
ssjokg said:

When did I say at the beginning of the series? I'm asking if she gets any better or is she like this throughout the whole series? I'm assuming not due to your reply. lol

You compared her to Saber who only knows how to lose or get a serious injury in every fight, even when she is "superior".

And Mash is facing enemies way stronger than what we saw Saber fighting in Zero and FSN. Excluding Heracles.

May 2, 2020 3:42 AM

Dec 2018
Ana was saved by the pokemon.

For a second I thought Ana turned into that thing but since Enkidu called her mother then no, lol.

So.. there's 3(2 if Ana and FSN Rider is the same person) purple haired female with the same hairstyle in this series , surely there must be a connection between them. What a convenient time for Ana to disappears isn't it?
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Apr 9, 2021 7:14 AM

Aug 2018
Is it just me or is this show kind of boring
_______I like rocks__
May 3, 2021 9:56 AM

Sep 2012
so ana is goddess of death considering her weapon and look and the discussion with Merlin

he said Divine being then a weapon that can kill immortals
Dec 30, 2021 7:06 AM

Apr 2013
Seems after the death flag from last episode, that Japanese heroic spirit will really die next episode saving them from... giant medusa? The enemies are really weird this time.
Jul 22, 2023 5:44 AM

Jul 2022
Tiamat kind of reminds me of Rider (Medusa)
Interesting ep.
But sadly no Ishtar..
Jan 11, 2:34 PM
Jul 2023
- more visions
- Merlin and Anna are not human?
- Leonidus! Finally!
- Enkidu’s mother is the villain?
- Cgi on those snakes looked god awful
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.