Forum Settings
Forums
Nov 16, 6:25 AM
News Team
Bishy Fishy 🐠🐟

An anime movie based on Rayark Inc.'s rhythm game Deemo was announced during their panel at Anime NYC 2019. The announcement included staff members and a release date of 2020. Pony Canyon released a short PV for the movie in addition to the announcement.

Game Synopsis
Deemo is a mystic character lives in solitude, a castle, all by itself. A little girl falls from the sky, not knowing who she is, where she comes from. To help the little girl back to her world, Deemo comes to realize a tree keeps growing tall on top of the piano whenever it plays. What would Deemo do when it gets comfortable with the companionship it never had before? What if the little girl couldn't deal with the truth when her seemingly lost memories regained?! (Source: Official site)

Staff
Original Creator: Rayark Inc.
Chief Director: Junichi Fujisaku (Koukaku Kidoutai: Stand Alone Complex screenplay)
Director: Shuuhei Matsushita (Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO episode director)
Assistant Director: Yoshihiro Hiramine (Suzakinishi The Animation)
Screenplay: Junichi Fujisaku, Bunoh Fujisawa (Yuuyake Dandan script)
Character Design: Mebachi (Kase-san and Morning Glories key animation)
Image board: Yoshitsugi Yoshida (Nerawareta Gakuen image art)
Art Director: Hiromasa Ogura (91 Days)
Art Design: Taiyou Yoshida (Hashiri Tsuzukete Yokattatte. prop design)
Color Design: Yumiko Katayama (Hirune Hime: Shiranai Watashi no Monogatari)
CG Animation Director: Hiroshi Suzuki (Fate/Grand Order: Shinsei Entaku Ryouiki Camelot - Wandering; Agateram)
Modeling Supervision: Shunsuke Imaizumi
Technical Director: Kouichirou Tamura
3DCG Production: Studio Bros Inc.
Color Grading: Hisashi Ezura (xxxHOLiC Movie: Manatsu no Yoru no Yume), Akira Saitou (Noblesse: Awakening color design)
Editing: Yoshinori Murakami (Higashi no Eden)
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Fruits Basket 1st Season)
Theme Song Composition: Yuki Kajiura (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai)
Sound Production: Magic Capsule
Studio: Signal.MD, Production I.G
Production: Pony Canyon

PV

Rayark Inc. is an independent game studio based in Taiwan that has both developed and released rhythm games such as Cytus, Deemo, and VOEZ. Deemo was first released in 2013 on both iOS and Android devices. The game was then released in Japan in 2015 for the PlayStation Vita, which was followed by the North American and European release in 2017. It was also released on the Nintendo Switch the same year. An updated version of the game, titled Deemo: Reborn, will be released on November 21 for the PlayStation 4.

Source: Moca News

Deemo the Movie on MAL
Modified by Sakana-san, Nov 16, 12:48 PM

Nov 16, 9:03 AM

Nice! I liked the game, the art style was quite nice compared to most rhythm games of that nature. I can see this being good.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 16, 9:18 AM
Goon

I wonder how they're going to do this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 16, 11:20 AM
This was really an unexpected news. The game is epic in every way, including the story and the music. And Production I.G. is great as well. Can't wait to see this!

Nov 16, 12:43 PM
I can't believe it! I played this game last year <3

Nov 16, 3:46 PM
♡ Hyakkimaru ♡

I'm quite excited for this. I can already tell it'll be a great adaptation as a movie, the music is absolutely gorgeous and the game is so worth playing.

Nov 17, 1:55 AM

I have thought about buying this game countless times, and this trailer looks amazing. I might have to buy the game much sooner so I can watch this with knowledge of the game. The art direction to this trailer was so good.

Nov 17, 3:42 AM

I remember playing this game a lot when I was younger, so I'm excited for this!

Nov 17, 7:22 AM

Deemo? With Yuki Kajiura? Shut up and take my money.
They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil,
acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield.
Such illusions, perpetrated by heroes throughout history,
have led countless young men to their bloody deaths,
all for the sake of this valor and glory.
~ Emiya Kiritsugu

Nov 18, 3:03 PM

I often say to my anime watching friends that Deemo has a very simple yet amazing story that's better then most anime I've seen, coupled with amazing music.

I didn't expect it would actually be an anime someday though, and also with Yuki Kajiura doing the soundtrack. This is so fucking amazing

Nov 19, 12:22 PM
This also reminds me that I have the hope of the movie 'To The Moon', the famous RPG game that everyone has made us cry.

Nov 19, 3:26 PM

i remember playing this song on deemo called mirror night
the feels. i need that song to be in the movie

Nov 20, 6:46 AM

Dang I was fooling around and thought this is just another sheety musical anime. but that yuki kajiura bait though oh

Nov 20, 11:48 AM
Sanji Fangirl

I'm glad to hear this, cause i was more interested in the visuals then the gameplay when i checked out the game.

Nov 21, 6:58 AM
good story, beautiful island.