Forum Settings
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 16, 2019 3:21 AM

Mar 2015
http://boards.4channel.org/a/thread/195615512

confession

And here's the confession snippet from chapter 9. The context before it is, Yukino calls Hachiman out to the wood terrace (at the prom avenue) after he dances a little bit with Shiratsuka.

>"And..."
>"There's still more? Isn't that enough? Please?"
>Fed up with her increasing demands, Yukinoshita took one step closer, wearing a docile expression.
>"No, there's just one last thing I wanted to tell you in advance."
>She started off, and moved her glance away from me, and lightly coughed.
>Only moments ago was she barking orders, but now, she was pursing her lips, only the sounds of breathing whenever it looked like it was about to open, as she tightly squeezed the stack of papers at her chest.
>She gradually lifted her eyes from her feet and looked at me straight-on with her beautiful eyes. Though in whisper, she distinctly stated her words to me.
>"Hikigaya-kun, I love you."
>I froze in place from her sudden surprise confession, and Yukinoshita smiled abashedly. She quickly hid her cherry-dyed cheeks with the stack of papers in her hand, with brief upward glances in my direction, as if trying to see what my reaction was. But unable to withstand the stifling silence, she took a step back.
>And without waiting for me to even respond, she quickly took off.
>Wait, you serious? Man, she's such a pain in the ass.
>If you just leave like that, how am I supposed to give you my reply? Are you saying I have to tell you formally at another time? Now, that's just painful. Seriously, what a pain in the ass.
>...But, as much of a pain in the ass that she is, she is just so damn cute.

epilogue

A little snippet in the final chapter after the confession in chapter 9.

>"By the way, would you like to come over and have dinner tomorrow? My mother seems rather interested in you... and insisted."
>"...Can you say no for me?"
>"You really think I would do that?"
>"...Oh, I've got some plans tomorrow, yeah!"
>"If you're talking about Komachi-san, she'll be home late because she'll be looking for clubs to join. Totsuka-kun has tennis school, and Zai... Zaitsu-kun? He can just wait until next time, right?"
>Yukinoshita stated nonchalantly. The fact she knew the schedules of everyone around me was downright frightening. Every excuse I had hoped to fling in her direction were shot down. Yukinoshita placed her elbow on the desk and looked into my face as I could only muster an "o-okay..."
>"So, who else is there? Hayama-kun?
>"Nope, not even. Definitely nothing there."
>And why exactly do I need to spend time with him after school? Plans with the others aside, I completely refuse anything involving him. After my response, Yukinoshita wore a triumphant smile.
>"That means you have nothing planned, then? That's great to hear."

Hachiman's whipped husband in the future confirmed.
KumaNov 16, 2019 3:27 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 16, 2019 3:59 AM
Jul 2018
Yukino is too good for HikiGAYa Edgyman.
JK. Glad to know that they ended up together. 8man is lucky to be with a beautiful, strong and likeable (even if she's kinda mean at times) lady as Yukino.
Nov 16, 2019 5:08 AM

Jun 2016
Kuma said:

confession

And here's the confession snippet from chapter 9. The context before it is, Yukino calls Hachiman out to the wood terrace (at the prom avenue) after he dances a little bit with Shiratsuka.

>"And..."
>Fed up with her increasing demands, Yukinoshita took one step closer, wearing a docile expression.
>Only moments ago was she barking orders, but now, she was pursing her lips, only the sounds of breathing whenever it looked like it was about to open, as she tightly squeezed the stack of papers at her chest.
>She gradually lifted her eyes from her feet and looked at me straight-on with her beautiful eyes. Though in whisper, she distinctly stated her words to me.
>I froze in place from her sudden surprise confession, and Yukinoshita smiled abashedly. She quickly hid her cherry-dyed cheeks with the stack of papers in her hand, with brief upward glances in my direction, as if trying to see what my reaction was. But unable to withstand the stifling silence, she took a step back.
>If you just leave like that, how am I supposed to give you my reply? Are you saying I have to tell you formally at another time? Now, that's just painful. Seriously, what a pain in the ass.

epilogue

>"By the way, would you like to come over and have dinner tomorrow? My mother seems rather interested in you... and insisted."
>"If you're talking about Komachi-san, she'll be home late because she'll be looking for clubs to join. Totsuka-kun has tennis school, and Zai... Zaitsu-kun? He can just wait until next time, right?"
>Yukinoshita stated nonchalantly. The fact she knew the schedules of everyone around me was downright frightening. Every excuse I had hoped to fling in her direction were shot down. Yukinoshita placed her elbow on the desk and looked into my face as I could only muster an "o-okay..."
>And why exactly do I need to spend time with him after school? Plans with the others aside, I completely refuse anything involving him. After my response, Yukinoshita wore a triumphant smile.

So Yukino married Hachiman or just become couple?

Nov 16, 2019 5:11 AM

Jun 2016
Nick-Knight said:
JK. Glad to know that they ended up together. 8man is lucky to be with a beautiful, strong and likeable (even if she's kinda mean at times) lady as Yukino.

Nov 16, 2019 6:16 AM
Jul 2018
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
Nick-Knight said:

It's just implied that they have started dating. Very predictable and disappointing conclusion after meaningless drama over two volumes, but this was expected.
Nov 16, 2019 6:18 AM

Jun 2016
LoneWalkers said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

It's just implied that they have started dating. Very predictable and disappointing conclusion after meaningless drama over two volumes, but this was expected.

I see though this was obvious ending. Anyone who think otherwise is looking at wrong trope,Genre and series. Hachiman ending up yukino was obvious.

Hachiman ending up with others make no sense whatsoever.

Nov 16, 2019 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
LoneWalkers said:

I see though this was obvious ending. Anyone who think otherwise is looking at wrong trope,Genre and series. Hachiman ending up yukino was obvious.

Yes it was obvious, stories like this about who will win is so predictable that it's beyond boring, expected something different for Oregairu rather than a typical happy conclusion. Also this could have been concluded a long ago, that repetitive drama stretched the story for no reason at all.
Nov 16, 2019 6:37 AM

Jun 2016
LoneWalkers said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

Yes it was obvious, stories like this about who will win is so predictable that it's beyond boring, expected something different for Oregairu rather than a typical happy conclusion. Also this could have been concluded a long ago, that repetitive drama stretched the story for no reason at all.

What ending do you want? Hachiman being single or ending up with other characters?

Nov 16, 2019 7:30 AM
Oct 2019
[quote=LoneWalkers message=58667111][quote=Levi_Ackerman_30 message=58667070][quote=LoneWalkers][quote=Levi_Ackerman_30 message=58666898]
Nick-Knight said:
I guess you are a bit off as you didn't get your type of ending. But tbh, Yukino always had a lead. And she had to be the endgame. I always preferred the loner route. But if have to look back and have to use some of my common senses then Yukino was better than others.
Nov 16, 2019 7:32 AM
Oct 2019
[quote=Levi_Ackerman_30 message=58667144][quote=LoneWalkers][quote=Levi_Ackerman_30 message=58667070][quote=LoneWalkers][quote=Levi_Ackerman_30 message=58666898]
Nick-Knight said:
Yui or iroha were never in his ship. Only Yukino somewhat had a step on that ship.

Nov 16, 2019 9:04 AM

Jan 2018
Well, more or less expected this ending and I'm really happy too to see my fav ship come true now the only problem is to wait for the translation I hope it'll be fast well, let see.
Nov 16, 2019 12:49 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
YES!! I'm actually surprised. Granted Yui was a long, long shot and Iroha was a fantasy for anime only watchers (she never had a chance in hell) but I fully expected the "lone wolf" walking into the distance or ambiguous friendship ending, so this is somewhat unexpected for me.

Glad this ends on a positive note and really look forward to see it all play out in season 3.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 16, 2019 5:29 PM

Sep 2013
I am so happy!!!! Finally, Yukino won!!!!!!!!
Nov 16, 2019 5:52 PM
Jan 2015
Finally can put the shipping wars to rest GG lol.

But seriously am happy how they concluded this, now can't wait to see if in the anime.
My Queens

Nov 16, 2019 7:45 PM

Mar 2019
As an anime watcher only, I used to love Yui so much, but now, it looks like 8man will end up with Yukino, I hope that the third season makes me change my mind about Yukino then.
Nov 17, 2019 3:12 AM

Sep 2017
yeah its kind of obvious that 8man gonna be with yukinon, but if the author do otherwise then i wish for iroha...

happy to hear that, cant wait for spring to be animated... this moment will be awkward for sure
Nov 17, 2019 3:32 AM

Sep 2009
Yep. Author played it safe. Nothing wrong here as it is still better than no ending.

I in fact was in minority Shizuka's camp.
Nov 17, 2019 9:34 PM
Oct 2015
look at these anime only think other heroine have a chance, well this is one of the fatal mistakes of the anime that cuts of hachiman monologue about yukino and cuts out most yukino scenes so that all the heroine have balanced screentime in the anime (for the sake of merch sales I guess), they even make iroha look very cute where in the past there were rarely readers who cared about her in the novel, this is not the author playing it safe, but it was planned from the beginning.
This is only between Yukino winning or the open ending from the start
Nov 18, 2019 2:41 AM

Dec 2014
Well, that sucks.
Nov 18, 2019 2:54 AM

Jun 2016
https://kyakka.wordpress.com/2019/11/16/oregairu-volume-14-plans-translated-segments/

Hachiman does like Yukino and She likes him back. Hooray Hachiman x Yukino wins.

Nov 18, 2019 10:30 AM

May 2017
This is what I personally wanted, I guess it sucks for others. But I'm satisfied that we're not left with an open ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2019 12:20 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Saw this coming honestly but I'm super glad that it turned out this way nonetheless! An open ending like that of White Album 2 would have surely infuriated many, including I of course, so this is good to see for me.

Can't wait for Season 3 to see how things will come to a close!

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 19, 2019 4:13 AM

Apr 2017
I love spoiling myself. I don't read light novels. Yukino is the obvious choice for Hachiman and It's not suprising. I hope the last season will be good.
Nov 19, 2019 5:48 AM
Jan 2017
No matter how boring this maybe...i will always like this ending...
Nov 19, 2019 9:19 AM

Feb 2008
So blunt tablet won, good to know which publications purchase I can omitted, thank you very much dear author.
Nov 24, 2019 3:48 AM

Oct 2017
So glad to know they ended up together.
Nov 26, 2019 2:20 AM

Nov 2013
Glad to know Yukino won in the end... Now just waiting for it to be translated.
Nov 26, 2019 11:01 PM
Apr 2019
feeling sad for Yui though,,,she is really cute 🥺
Mar 21, 2020 10:18 PM

Dec 2018
Yui was best girl ending was garbage.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Mar 24, 2020 8:57 AM
Oct 2016
Kuma said:

confession

>"And..."

epilogue

Actually on ch 7 Hachiman confessed to Yukino first.
hikkiyukiMar 24, 2020 9:00 AM
Mar 26, 2020 2:22 PM
Dec 2019
Still confused about why people think that the drama part is useless... If you paid close attention to what you are reading/watching, everything is explained, why certain things are happening. This is not a show about which girl the mc is gonna end up with.
Also no shit to those who say it has a cliche ending, it was the intention from the get-go, picking a genre and telling it differently using the same cliche trope but with a different character, the author wants to tell a story differently without fully straying away from the typical romcom formula.
Apr 13, 2020 1:18 PM

Jun 2015
Well there is still 4 more novels coming and one is called "Yui Side" so might be a side story where he chooses Yui instead of Yukino
Apr 13, 2020 4:16 PM
Oct 2015
Ghosty2 said:
Well there is still 4 more novels coming and one is called "Yui Side" so might be a side story where he chooses Yui instead of Yukino
No, its just a collection of side stories made by various author, one story from wataru. If you want Yui route, just read volume ANOTHER
Aug 6, 2020 12:34 AM
Jun 2020
I was realy depressed😞😪
yui x hiki that's my favorite ship😟
😣😔
Aug 12, 2020 8:08 AM
Aug 2020
That's good to know, Hachiman x Yukino is one of my oldest ships and I'm super happy it sailed

More topics from this board

» Does anyone think the anime is way better, or am I just crazy?

Eggs_Dee - Feb 20, 2023

10 by Playcool »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Volume 14 Discussion

Playcool - Feb 25, 2023

3 by TitanInsane »»
Jun 27, 2023 2:24 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Chapter 168 Discussion

Revanzz - Jun 26, 2023

1 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Jun 26, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Chapter 1 Discussion

ZeroZx - Nov 10, 2012

5 by Revanzz »»
Jun 26, 2023 2:13 AM

» Worth reading? Even after seeing anime?

cloolessJok3r - Apr 3, 2022

4 by Hitagi__Furude »»
Apr 30, 2023 8:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.