Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Nov 16, 3:21 AM

Online
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 31847
http://boards.4channel.org/a/thread/195615512

confession

And here's the confession snippet from chapter 9. The context before it is, Yukino calls Hachiman out to the wood terrace (at the prom avenue) after he dances a little bit with Shiratsuka.

>"And..."
>"There's still more? Isn't that enough? Please?"
>Fed up with her increasing demands, Yukinoshita took one step closer, wearing a docile expression.
>"No, there's just one last thing I wanted to tell you in advance."
>She started off, and moved her glance away from me, and lightly coughed.
>Only moments ago was she barking orders, but now, she was pursing her lips, only the sounds of breathing whenever it looked like it was about to open, as she tightly squeezed the stack of papers at her chest.
>She gradually lifted her eyes from her feet and looked at me straight-on with her beautiful eyes. Though in whisper, she distinctly stated her words to me.
>"Hikigaya-kun, I love you."
>I froze in place from her sudden surprise confession, and Yukinoshita smiled abashedly. She quickly hid her cherry-dyed cheeks with the stack of papers in her hand, with brief upward glances in my direction, as if trying to see what my reaction was. But unable to withstand the stifling silence, she took a step back.
>And without waiting for me to even respond, she quickly took off.
>Wait, you serious? Man, she's such a pain in the ass.
>If you just leave like that, how am I supposed to give you my reply? Are you saying I have to tell you formally at another time? Now, that's just painful. Seriously, what a pain in the ass.
>...But, as much of a pain in the ass that she is, she is just so damn cute.


epilogue

A little snippet in the final chapter after the confession in chapter 9.

>"By the way, would you like to come over and have dinner tomorrow? My mother seems rather interested in you... and insisted."
>"...Can you say no for me?"
>"You really think I would do that?"
>"...Oh, I've got some plans tomorrow, yeah!"
>"If you're talking about Komachi-san, she'll be home late because she'll be looking for clubs to join. Totsuka-kun has tennis school, and Zai... Zaitsu-kun? He can just wait until next time, right?"
>Yukinoshita stated nonchalantly. The fact she knew the schedules of everyone around me was downright frightening. Every excuse I had hoped to fling in her direction were shot down. Yukinoshita placed her elbow on the desk and looked into my face as I could only muster an "o-okay..."
>"So, who else is there? Hayama-kun?
>"Nope, not even. Definitely nothing there."
>And why exactly do I need to spend time with him after school? Plans with the others aside, I completely refuse anything involving him. After my response, Yukinoshita wore a triumphant smile.
>"That means you have nothing planned, then? That's great to hear."

Hachiman's whipped husband in the future confirmed.
Modified by Kuma, Nov 16, 3:27 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
#2
Nov 16, 3:59 AM

Online
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1074
Yukino is too good for HikiGAYa Edgyman.
.
.
.
JK. Glad to know that they ended up together. 8man is lucky to be with a beautiful, strong and likeable (even if she's kinda mean at times) lady as Yukino.

▲ ▲

«REVs»
«NP Games»
«Male/Female»
«Favorites (+Awards)»
"Life isn’t just doing things for yourself."
 
#3
Nov 16, 5:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1096
Kuma said:
http://boards.4channel.org/a/thread/195615512

confession

And here's the confession snippet from chapter 9. The context before it is, Yukino calls Hachiman out to the wood terrace (at the prom avenue) after he dances a little bit with Shiratsuka.

>"And..."
>"There's still more? Isn't that enough? Please?"
>Fed up with her increasing demands, Yukinoshita took one step closer, wearing a docile expression.
>"No, there's just one last thing I wanted to tell you in advance."
>She started off, and moved her glance away from me, and lightly coughed.
>Only moments ago was she barking orders, but now, she was pursing her lips, only the sounds of breathing whenever it looked like it was about to open, as she tightly squeezed the stack of papers at her chest.
>She gradually lifted her eyes from her feet and looked at me straight-on with her beautiful eyes. Though in whisper, she distinctly stated her words to me.
>"Hikigaya-kun, I love you."
>I froze in place from her sudden surprise confession, and Yukinoshita smiled abashedly. She quickly hid her cherry-dyed cheeks with the stack of papers in her hand, with brief upward glances in my direction, as if trying to see what my reaction was. But unable to withstand the stifling silence, she took a step back.
>And without waiting for me to even respond, she quickly took off.
>Wait, you serious? Man, she's such a pain in the ass.
>If you just leave like that, how am I supposed to give you my reply? Are you saying I have to tell you formally at another time? Now, that's just painful. Seriously, what a pain in the ass.
>...But, as much of a pain in the ass that she is, she is just so damn cute.


epilogue

A little snippet in the final chapter after the confession in chapter 9.

>"By the way, would you like to come over and have dinner tomorrow? My mother seems rather interested in you... and insisted."
>"...Can you say no for me?"
>"You really think I would do that?"
>"...Oh, I've got some plans tomorrow, yeah!"
>"If you're talking about Komachi-san, she'll be home late because she'll be looking for clubs to join. Totsuka-kun has tennis school, and Zai... Zaitsu-kun? He can just wait until next time, right?"
>Yukinoshita stated nonchalantly. The fact she knew the schedules of everyone around me was downright frightening. Every excuse I had hoped to fling in her direction were shot down. Yukinoshita placed her elbow on the desk and looked into my face as I could only muster an "o-okay..."
>"So, who else is there? Hayama-kun?
>"Nope, not even. Definitely nothing there."
>And why exactly do I need to spend time with him after school? Plans with the others aside, I completely refuse anything involving him. After my response, Yukinoshita wore a triumphant smile.
>"That means you have nothing planned, then? That's great to hear."

Hachiman's whipped husband in the future confirmed.


So Yukino married Hachiman or just become couple?
 
#4
Nov 16, 5:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1096
Nick-Knight said:
Yukino is too good for HikiGAYa Edgyman.
.
.
.
JK. Glad to know that they ended up together. 8man is lucky to be with a beautiful, strong and likeable (even if she's kinda mean at times) lady as Yukino.



So Yukino married Hachiman or just become couple?
 
#5
Nov 16, 6:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 372
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
Nick-Knight said:
Yukino is too good for HikiGAYa Edgyman.
.
.
.
JK. Glad to know that they ended up together. 8man is lucky to be with a beautiful, strong and likeable (even if she's kinda mean at times) lady as Yukino.



So Yukino married Hachiman or just become couple?


It's just implied that they have started dating. Very predictable and disappointing conclusion after meaningless drama over two volumes, but this was expected.
 
#6
Nov 16, 6:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1096
LoneWalkers said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:



So Yukino married Hachiman or just become couple?


It's just implied that they have started dating. Very predictable and disappointing conclusion after meaningless drama over two volumes, but this was expected.


I see though this was obvious ending. Anyone who think otherwise is looking at wrong trope,Genre and series. Hachiman ending up yukino was obvious.

Hachiman ending up with others make no sense whatsoever.
 
#7
Nov 16, 6:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 372
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
LoneWalkers said:


It's just implied that they have started dating. Very predictable and disappointing conclusion after meaningless drama over two volumes, but this was expected.


I see though this was obvious ending. Anyone who think otherwise is looking at wrong trope,Genre and series. Hachiman ending up yukino was obvious.


Yes it was obvious, stories like this about who will win is so predictable that it's beyond boring, expected something different for Oregairu rather than a typical happy conclusion. Also this could have been concluded a long ago, that repetitive drama stretched the story for no reason at all.
 
#8
Nov 16, 6:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1096
LoneWalkers said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:


I see though this was obvious ending. Anyone who think otherwise is looking at wrong trope,Genre and series. Hachiman ending up yukino was obvious.


Yes it was obvious, stories like this about who will win is so predictable that it's beyond boring, expected something different for Oregairu rather than a typical happy conclusion. Also this could have been concluded a long ago, that repetitive drama stretched the story for no reason at all.


What ending do you want? Hachiman being single or ending up with other characters?
 
#9
Nov 16, 7:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 27
[quote=LoneWalkers message=58667111][quote=Levi_Ackerman_30 message=58667070][quote=LoneWalkers][quote=Levi_Ackerman_30 message=58666898]
Nick-Knight said:
Yukino is too good for HikiGAYa Edgyman.
.
.
.
JK. Glad to know that they ended up together. 8man is lucky to be with a beautiful, strong and likeable (even if she's kinda mean at times) lady as Yukino.
I guess you are a bit off as you didn't get your type of ending. But tbh, Yukino always had a lead. And she had to be the endgame. I always preferred the loner route. But if have to look back and have to use some of my common senses then Yukino was better than others.
 
Nov 16, 7:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 27
[quote=Levi_Ackerman_30 message=58667144][quote=LoneWalkers][quote=Levi_Ackerman_30 message=58667070][quote=LoneWalkers][quote=Levi_Ackerman_30 message=58666898]
Nick-Knight said:
Yukino is too good for HikiGAYa Edgyman.
.
.
.
JK. Glad to know that they ended up together. 8man is lucky to be with a beautiful, strong and likeable (even if she's kinda mean at times) lady as Yukino.
Yui or iroha were never in his ship. Only Yukino somewhat had a step on that ship.


 
Nov 16, 9:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2686
Well, more or less expected this ending and I'm really happy too to see my fav ship come true now the only problem is to wait for the translation I hope it'll be fast well, let see.
 
Nov 16, 12:49 PM
Maki's arms

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8775
YES!! I'm actually surprised. Granted Yui was a long, long shot and Iroha was a fantasy for anime only watchers (she never had a chance in hell) but I fully expected the "lone wolf" walking into the distance or ambiguous friendship ending, so this is somewhat unexpected for me.

Glad this ends on a positive note and really look forward to see it all play out in season 3.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Nov 16, 5:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 833
I am so happy!!!! Finally, Yukino won!!!!!!!!
 
Nov 16, 5:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 4825
Finally can put the shipping wars to rest GG lol.

But seriously am happy how they concluded this, now can't wait to see if in the anime.
My Queens

 
Nov 16, 7:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 85
As an anime watcher only, I used to love Yui so much, but now, it looks like 8man will end up with Yukino, I hope that the third season makes me change my mind about Yukino then.
 
Nov 17, 12:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 177
5 years since I started reading vol 1 and I'm just so happy that my first LN doesn't an open ending. Yukino winning is inevitable and I'm satisfied with it regardless of the writing. Thank Watari Wataru for such an enjoyable ride. A couple of months for final season and I can't wait for that :)
 
Nov 17, 3:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 302
yeah its kind of obvious that 8man gonna be with yukinon, but if the author do otherwise then i wish for iroha...

happy to hear that, cant wait for spring to be animated... this moment will be awkward for sure
everyday, we stray further from god
 
Nov 17, 3:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2248
Yep. Author played it safe. Nothing wrong here as it is still better than no ending.

I in fact was in minority Shizuka's camp.
 
Nov 17, 9:34 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 42
look at these anime only think other heroine have a chance, well this is one of the fatal mistakes of the anime that cuts of hachiman monologue about yukino and cuts out most yukino scenes so that all the heroine have balanced screentime in the anime (for the sake of merch sales I guess), they even make iroha look very cute where in the past there were rarely readers who cared about her in the novel, this is not the author playing it safe, but it was planned from the beginning.
This is only between Yukino winning or the open ending from the start
 
Nov 18, 2:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 4850
Well, that sucks.
 
Nov 18, 2:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1096
https://kyakka.wordpress.com/2019/11/16/oregairu-volume-14-plans-translated-segments/

Hachiman does like Yukino and She likes him back. Hooray Hachiman x Yukino wins.
 
Nov 18, 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 916
This is what I personally wanted, I guess it sucks for others. But I'm satisfied that we're not left with an open ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Nov 19, 12:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 3271
Saw this coming honestly but I'm super glad that it turned out this way nonetheless! An open ending like that of White Album 2 would have surely infuriated many, including I of course, so this is good to see for me.

Can't wait for Season 3 to see how things will come to a close!

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni


 
Nov 19, 4:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 54
I love spoiling myself. I don't read light novels. Yukino is the obvious choice for Hachiman and It's not suprising. I hope the last season will be good.


 
Nov 19, 5:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 91
No matter how boring this maybe...i will always like this ending...
 
Nov 19, 9:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 109
So blunt tablet won, good to know which publications purchase I can omitted, thank you very much dear author.
 
Nov 24, 3:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1314
So glad to know they ended up together.
Gray, Rave, Crave, Deprave.
Grave me,
Grave for you.

 
Nov 26, 2:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 4295
Glad to know Yukino won in the end... Now just waiting for it to be translated.
 
Nov 26, 11:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 292
feeling sad for Yui though,,,she is really cute 🥺
 
Top