Forum Settings
Forums

What anime openings do you dislike but everybody else likes

New
Nov 15, 2019 7:11 AM

Jul 2016
Here is an unpopular opinion, I dislike 'gurenge', the opening for Kimetsu no Yaiba.Not gonna lie I understand how people think it is an objectively good song but it just simply doesn't click with me.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 15, 2019 7:16 AM

Jul 2017
I find Boku no Hero Academia opening 2 to be generic as hell and quite bad, but I guess it's only me...
Nov 15, 2019 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
Unravel is the first thing that popped into my head
Nov 15, 2019 7:24 AM

Jul 2016
Iskandar87 said:
I find Boku no Hero Academia opening 2 to be generic as hell and quite bad, but I guess it's only me...
Even if you don't like the song, you have to admit that kenshi yonezu does some great songs.It's just that op2 of bnha isn't the best of his work.
SummerynNov 15, 2019 7:35 AM
Nov 15, 2019 7:31 AM

Apr 2016
I detest the first Guilty Crown OP. I don't like the singing, and the song os so badly mixed that it sounds super scratchy and unlistenable.

I loathe the Dororo OP especially because of the vocalist. Rarely have I heard a song so grating.
Nov 15, 2019 7:35 AM

Sep 2018
Most OPs people like because the song, even tho the visuals are bad, badly timed or are completly generic.

Some that come to mind are:

Fire Force OP 1 and 2 (badly timed)
Dr.Stone OP 1 and 2 (pretty generic, people starin in the fricking sky and do some walk)
Vinland saga OP 1 and 2 (shitty transitions)

Probably most OPs where people walk in the most generic and boring way possible.

There are countless more that i forgot since they succ but not on the same lvl as the ones i mentioned.
Nov 15, 2019 7:41 AM

Feb 2019
First AoT OP. I don't get the appeal, Red swan is much better.
Nov 15, 2019 7:43 AM

Aug 2013
All openings with unintelligible Engrish. I love them and they make me laugh.
Nov 15, 2019 7:50 AM

Oct 2010
Everybody at the time was absolutely amazed with the Darling in the FranXX first opening (the second is a better edit of the first) and I just... ugh, that voice. It's not pleasing at all.

Also, the opening of Radiant. It's so damn noisy and obnoxious, holy shit.

I keep editing because I remember stuff that was in a lot of top anime op/ed lists these last couple years, and fucking Irozuku sekai no ashita kara's opening. It looks so beautiful and sophisticated and yet it sounds so unbelievably bland. I couldn't ask for a more accurate way to represent the show, so there's that at least.

Oh, and I don't know if Kemurikusa.'s op has any fans, because that shit is beyond awful.

I have a complicated love-hate relationship with the second op of Banana Fish, because it sounds and looks nice but the English parts, just why.

CodeBlazeFate said:
I loathe the Dororo OP especially because of the vocalist. Rarely have I heard a song so grating.

I ended up loving it quite a bit, but I can totally understand that. I just didn't like it at first and took a long while to grow on me. A lot of people disliked it at the beginning if I remember correctly.
jal90Nov 15, 2019 8:06 AM
Nov 15, 2019 7:51 AM

Jul 2017
Missaliensan said:
Iskandar87 said:
Even if you don't like the song, you have to admit that kenshi yonezu does some great songs.It's just that op2 of bnha isn't the best of his work.

I can't judge him or his songs, since that's the only song I've heard from him
Nov 15, 2019 7:59 AM

Jul 2016
Iskandar87 said:
Missaliensan said:

I can't judge him or his songs, since that's the only song I've heard from him
Oh ok, but I recommend you check out his other songs they are pretty good. My favourite song from him is 'lemon'.
Nov 15, 2019 9:31 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Oh god, Log Horizon's OP. I fucking loathe it. Might as well take a drill to my fucking eardrums, it'd be more pleasant than that shitty....whatever the fuck Man with a Mission does. It seems like the type of thing a 12 year old would've found really, super cool back in the timeframe when kids were still using Nokia phones.

That Limp Bizkit style Nu Metal, is the only way I can describe it. The most obnoxious variant of a genre I already despise, and that's probably the closest comparison I can draw to LH's OP. Iunno if MwaM actually counts as nu metal - probably not, actually - but that's the closest way of sounding that I can draw parallels to. And I fucking *hate* it. Like, vehemently.
ManabanNov 15, 2019 9:35 AM

Nov 15, 2019 11:01 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
@Missaliensan Holy shit, what went wrong in quoting me there?

And it actually wasn't the screaming that puts me off by itself, it's the combination of cheesy knock-off pussy metal and trying to hamfist rapping in there for some reason. This goes together like milk and water to me - or I'd say that, but really, milk and water are both good to drink on their own merits, so I'll just say anti-freeze and some sewage drainage. Like, fucking hell, give me a Fear and Loathing OP over MwaM. Fear and Loathing might also be ass, but at least it's just like drinking something that tastes like shit by itself, and not drinking some ungodly, unnecessary mixture that still tastes like shit.

It's like a group of Japanese furries decided to knock off Limp Bizkit a decade or so too late to be relevant with it and boom, you got Man with a Mission. And knocking off a terrible band in of itself should already be criminal, but then you end up subjecting innocent bystandards who just want to watch Log Horizon - like myself - to it, and it's just fucking dastardly.
ManabanNov 15, 2019 11:10 AM

Nov 15, 2019 11:06 AM

Jul 2016
Manaban said:
Oh god, Log Horizon's OP. I fucking loathe it. Might as well take a drill to my fucking eardrums, it'd be more pleasant than that shitty....whatever the fuck Man with a Mission does. It seems like the type of thing a 12 year old would've found really, super cool back in the timeframe when kids were still using Nokia phones.

That Limp Bizkit style Nu Metal, is the only way I can describe it. The most obnoxious variant of a genre I already despise, and that's probably the closest comparison I can draw to LH's OP. Iunno if MwaM actually counts as nu metal - probably not, actually - but that's the closest way sounding that I can draw parallels to. And I fucking *hate* it. Like, vehemently.
Honestly I can relate, because I really dislike anime openings that involve any type of excessive screaming,and the type of music you are describing has a lot of that.By the way I was just having a really hard time editing the message on my phone,that made me really frustrated.Sorry for that inconvenience.
SummerynNov 15, 2019 11:14 AM
Nov 15, 2019 11:08 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
bruh, now you went and deleted your post and left the original one i was responding to floating

now it looks like i'm responding to no one

why you do this to me

Nov 15, 2019 11:17 AM

Jul 2017
The 5th opening for BNHA "My Story". That was the first opening in years that I skipped. I can't stand it at all, it needed to go from the very first millisecond I heard it lol

Nov 15, 2019 11:17 AM

May 2009
I'm not really a fan of the Attack on Titan OP.

Also, "crossing field", the SAO I OP, is sorta meh to me.

Also, the Code Geass OP isn't as awesome as the Eureka Seven OP (same artist, same style of song, and even the same tonality).
GlennMagusHarveyNov 15, 2019 11:21 AM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Nov 15, 2019 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
Manaban said:
@Missaliensan Holy shit, what went wrong in quoting me there?

And it actually wasn't the screaming that puts me off by itself, it's the combination of cheesy knock-off pussy metal and trying to hamfist rapping in there for some reason. This goes together like milk and water to me - or I'd say that, but really, milk and water are both good to drink on their own merits, so I'll just say anti-freeze and some sewage drainage. Like, fucking hell, give me a Fear and Loathing OP over MwaM. Fear and Loathing might also be ass, but at least it's just like drinking something that tastes like shit by itself, and not drinking some ungodly, unnecessary mixture that still tastes like shit.

It's like a group of Japanese furries decided to knock off Limp Bizkit a decade or so too late to be relevant with it and boom, you got Man with a Mission. And knocking off a terrible band in of itself should already be criminal, but then you end up subjecting innocent bystandards who just want to watch Log Horizon - like myself - to it, and it's just fucking dastardly.
Havent heard their log horizon op but Man on a Mission is clearly inspired by Rage Against the Machine. The rap parts in their Inuyashiki opening could have been parts of RatM's Wake Up. FWIW RatM >>>>>>>>>>>> limp bizkit
Nov 15, 2019 11:32 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
operationvalkyri said:
Havent heard their log horizon op but Man on a Mission is clearly inspired by Rage Against the Machine. The rap parts in their Inuyashiki opening could have been parts of RatM's Wake Up. FWIW RatM >>>>>>>>>>>> limp bizkit

Nah, RatM's style is more distinct, with a strong, driving and dominant backsection with Morello's experimentation on guitar breaking away from the rhythm section and giving their sound a lot of flavor to it. De la Rocha can't rap and he sounds like he stopped at the point in puberty where your voice is scratchy and never got past that stage, but they have a very strongly distinct sound in all facets of their instruments section, not just the obvious one with Morello's guitar. I'm not much for RatM personally, but I know what their sound generally is and the most baseline structure by how they achieve as much. A drummer that makes wide use of his set, focused and driving non-linear baselines, independent and experimental guitar playing, and a shitty, obnoxious rapper as the frontman.

MwaM completely lacks any of that and goes for the basic overbearing guitar with a distortion effect tagged on, with simple, backseat basslines and loud drums. Mix in the vocals and boom, Limp Bizkit is an incredibly apt comparison. Far more than RatM.
ManabanNov 15, 2019 11:40 AM

Nov 15, 2019 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
All Full Metal Panic OP's - too mellow for the show imo
Brave Shine (Fate UBW) - I hear everyone loving this song. But the song itself isn't my cup of tea though. But the visuals in that OP are gorgeous though.
Any OP with screaming (eg Vinland Saga 1st OP, Parasyte OP) - I rather hear melodic sounds rather than people screaming through my headphones

Nov 15, 2019 12:01 PM

Jan 2016
Personally always found the second Death Note opening to not really fit and just not work for me.

Iskandar87 said:

Not just you, I've always thought it was pretty generic as well and kinda unmemorable. Not sure I'd say quite bad, but easily my least favorite MHA opening (until season 4, still forming an opinion, but suspect it won't be that high compared to the others)
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Nov 15, 2019 12:01 PM

Jul 2016
TheKawaiiToon said:
All Full Metal Panic OP's - too mellow for the show imo
Brave Shine (Fate UBW) - I hear everyone loving this song. But the song itself isn't my cup of tea though. But the visuals in that OP are gorgeous though.
Any OP with screaming (eg Vinland Saga 1st OP, Parasyte OP) - I rather hear melodic sounds rather than people screaming through my headphones

I hate screaming too trust me, don't want my anime songs to become a screaming session
Nov 15, 2019 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
Unravel!! Everyone's obsessed with it but it's nothing special though (and it sounds like Psycho-Pass first op)
Nov 15, 2019 12:57 PM

Jul 2019
Second AoT opening. The first one made me so hype, the second one was meh for my, but I see people love that one more.
Nov 15, 2019 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
Manaban said:
MwaM completely lacks any of that and goes for the basic overbearing guitar with a distortion effect tagged on, with simple, backseat basslines and loud drums. Mix in the vocals and boom, Limp Bizkit is an incredibly apt comparison. Far more than RatM.
Yes they lack Tom Morello's eccentric guitar and the heavy basslines, but when I hear their songs their vocals seem much more reminiscent of RstM than Fred Durst. The similarity is uncanny here:
https://youtu.be/KguH2GtOwEw
I'm going off of two songs though so I might be wrong. Their tone also seems darker than anything limp bizkit put out coupled with the presence of kinetic bass drum sequences that give them a heavier style. I dunno. I've liked what I've heard from them while I can't stand limp bizkit. Ymmv of course.
Nov 15, 2019 1:08 PM

Sep 2014
Domestic na Kanojo OP is pretty awkward to listen to. The singer doesn't sing well and she's way too much overreacting behind her mic.
Nov 15, 2019 1:08 PM

Jul 2013
Most of Lisa's songs. I dislike her voice and the music sounds generic 90% of the time.
Nov 15, 2019 1:09 PM

Dec 2015
Yakusoku no Neverland

It was boring, pretentious, the scenes dragged on forever, the main kids acted like adults, it didn't expand on what the demons are and every plot twist was either predictable or bullshit.
Nov 15, 2019 1:12 PM

Aug 2016
AOT OP1 and OP2, ALL SAO OP's, Wotakoi OP, ALL Boku no hero academia OP's, Kakegurui OP,Seven Deadly sins OP's, Shokugeki no Souma OP1
Nov 15, 2019 1:16 PM

Aug 2015
I could make an entire list but I will just put the first things to come to my mind:

Vinland Saga (both): the first one have a very bad song and the second one tries to be action packed where the series barely have any real action (unless you consider A killing a bunch of extras action).

Unravel: I kinda like the song but the OP per se does not really have any striking features.

SNK 1: Honestly Guren no Yumiya have been so overused. And besides that, the full song is hot garbo.

Almost the entirety of Lisa´s songs because I don´t like her voice.

Tank: It is nice, but it feels kinda eerie because of the trumpets and how loud it gets towards the end.

Fire Force OP2: Edgiest shit I have heard in a long time with average visuals and the song is just... something else of bad.
Nov 15, 2019 1:18 PM

Nov 2008
Ehhh I dunno....maybe the Tokyo Ghoul OP? I hate that high-pitched singing.

"Openings you like but nobody knows they exist" is a more relevant topic for me lol

Iskandar87 said:

Oh I hated it too lol. Liked the first one SO much better.

Nov 15, 2019 1:23 PM
May 2018
Bleach op1. It's nostalgic and that's about it
Nov 15, 2019 1:41 PM

Sep 2019
Aybid said:
Bleach op1. It's nostalgic and that's about it

Uhmm.... and what makes you dislike it?

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Nov 15, 2019 1:45 PM

Sep 2009
I do skip openings unless it's catchy or distinctive but if it's sung by Lisa, it's an instant skip for me. I can't stand her voice just like post above me mentioned. I have nothing against her personally but she makes the songs unbearable and her voice is just off putting. Wish she tried a different genre instead of repeating same shit over and over again.

I also skip Jrock nu metal type of openings as well and rock music in anime is way overused.

If I want to hear anime music or song I'd like it to be played with acoustic guitar. Like the first part of FMA opening. A bittersweet melancholic sound played with acoustic guitar.

Edit: Oh and hiphop rap style opening would be cool. E.g First Naruto Shippuden opening.

Nov 15, 2019 1:48 PM

Sep 2019
Tokyo Ghoul Opening 4 - Katharsis.

I really don't like the screaming. And the full version ain't any better. I like neokimako's cover version though~

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Nov 15, 2019 1:53 PM

Jun 2017
Every One Piece opening besides the first, We are and One Day.
The visuals aren't out of the blue, but I like the songs.
http://steinsgate.jp/10th/ FGO:591,495,201 (NA)
Nov 15, 2019 2:07 PM

May 2018
Angel Beats opening and Charlotte opening. I find them boring as hell.

Iskandar87 said:

Same, every other anime opening sounds exactly like it.
Nov 15, 2019 2:59 PM

Nov 2008
For all of you complaining about LiSA:

You're all insane.

That is all. :/

Nov 15, 2019 3:54 PM

Jul 2016
Gamefan121 said:

I like all of the one piece openings they are great.
Nov 15, 2019 4:00 PM
Jan 2017
Bobby2Hands said:
Yakusoku no Neverland

It was boring, pretentious, the scenes dragged on forever, the main kids acted like adults, it didn't expand on what the demons are and every plot twist was either predictable or bullshit.
What does that have to do with the opening?? Did you read the title of this thread??
Nov 15, 2019 4:05 PM

Mar 2019
The opening to Samurai Champloo. It just felt so low energy, I guess, that it came off as a man talking over a light beat rather than an actual song. Visuals were fine but not good enough to make me enjoy watching the OP.
Nov 15, 2019 4:19 PM

Oct 2015
I think Brave Shine is kind of boring. I much prefer Ideal White.

"If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will do it for you."
Nov 15, 2019 4:29 PM

Nov 2008
Missaliensan said:
Gamefan121 said:

I like all of the one piece openings they are great.

The best One Piece OP is 'Fight Together'. And I will fight you all tooth and nail on this. xD

Nov 15, 2019 4:32 PM

Aug 2019
Iskandar87 said:
Boku no Hero Academia is generic as hell and quite bad in general haha
Nov 15, 2019 4:33 PM

Oct 2015
Unravel - TG

There is very little animation, it's mostly people walking, the effects are neat but nothing to lose sleep over, the singer sounds like his mom is sleeping next door so he needs to record it as quietly as possible.

Guren no Yamiya - AoT

It looks cool but not really like an OP but more of a sakuga scene. Doesn't have much focus on the character either.
Nov 15, 2019 4:33 PM

Jul 2015
Probably Unravel from Tokyo Ghoul. I never understood hkw people can enjoy this incoherent yelling.

Nov 15, 2019 4:34 PM

Oct 2015
Orhunaa said:
Unravel - TG

There is very little animation, it's mostly people walking, the effects are neat but nothing to lose sleep over, the singer sounds like his mom is sleeping next door so he needs to record it as quietly as possible.

Guren no Yamiya - AoT

It looks cool but not really like an OP but more of a sakuga scene. Doesn't have much focus on the character either.

I always liked the second ending, aka the one that gets the least attention, the most.

"If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will do it for you."
Nov 15, 2019 6:24 PM

Sep 2018
the Death Parade op. I find it so irritating but a lot of people seem to like it.

Also the Bunny Girl Senpai op is annoying as hell.
TheProblemIsntMeNov 15, 2019 6:27 PM
Nov 15, 2019 6:34 PM

Jul 2016
TheProblemIsntMe said:
the Death Parade op. I find it so irritating but a lot of people seem to like it.

Also the Bunny Girl Senpai op is annoying as hell.
yeah the bunny girl senpai opening is pretty annoying,with the repetition of ‘Kimi no sei’,over and over again.
Nov 15, 2019 6:45 PM

Sep 2014
Mob Psycho 100, liked the video but not the song

I also cringed at Code Geass OP 2

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Would your husbando wash your dirty feet?

Catalano - Yesterday

4 by Maou_heika »»
3 minutes ago

» Is "Magnetic Rose" considered a masterpiece?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

1 by alshu »»
4 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 8 minutes ago

1 by Spunkert »»
4 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

33 by EastIndiaCompany »»
7 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

52 by alshu »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.