Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nov 30, 10:33 AM

Meusnier said:
Tomoyami_Reiki said:
I'm glad there's many people who actually care about this. I thought at first I was the only one that thought it kinda bizzare. I recognized the score ratings went really low after it got the first place of Top Airing Shows. I may new in MAL but since I started watching anime long before I make an account, I watched the first and the second season of Chihayafuru. What's funny about this score that should have been checked more by MAL authorities is that these people who gave score 1 out of nowhere in just a week after 4th ep aired (which I find it one of the best ep of Chihayafuru since it first season aired) and btw they still continue to decreasing it till now is doesn't make sense at all. Some of them didn't even watch the previous seasons. I know there's difficulties to close down some fake account for this but please I beg you, Chihayafuru doesn't even deserve any of this. In fact, I don't think any shows out there deserved to be treated like this. You may have your fave shows but to downvote one of it just because it surpass others didn't make your fave to be liked by everyone. You just successfully make your score of fave show prettier and higher, that's all. What's the point of it? Right, everybody have their own opinion, taste and favorite. But at least respect for other show, not ruining the system with ridiculous act like that (It's too much toxic) because this kind of event shouldn't had to happen if all of us just enjoy watching anime without putting a score on the first place. So for all of you who gave it 1, geez just chill and calm down

Better make some spaces next time :) Otherwise, what you say is completely right to the point that it should be obvious for people of good faith, but haters fall rarely in the latter category and are not sensible to reasoning so it seems to me that you are preaching in the desert.

Ah yes, thanks for the advice. I was fast typing it with my phone before :) Yea I know at some points one or two comments like the one I wrote couldn't get through the haters but I never see people who trying so hard like this just to make its fave better. So I think I kinda pissed rn

Nov 30, 10:55 AM

keragamming said:
Gorochu said:

In Chinese websites,Chihayafuru is rated well.

Chihayafuru's Bilibili rating = 8.2
Chihayafuru's Douban rating = 9.4
Chihayafuru's Bangumi rating = 8.1

BiliBili: https://www.bilibili.com/bangumi/media/md28222678/?from=search&seid=229072619109278309
Douban: https://movie.douban.com/subject/30156230/
Bangumi: https://bangumi.tv/subject/18294

Great point, I don't know where this come from, but it seems shady when I first heard of it.

Well, if you can speak chinese.
https://www.likejapan.com/life/chihayafuru-nigehaji/
Also from mainland chinese forums, people are talking that the manga being delisted and taken off the shelf in some stores.
https://www.douban.com/group/topic/158551842/
From weibo
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:HENnG6uAptwJ:https://www.weibo.com/p/1008082434146260423216dc6b7b66d21f065e+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=sg
Modified by Freiya3, Nov 30, 11:01 AM

Nov 30, 12:09 PM
lol, i find it funny that the ones who are pressing the idea that these downvoting are from the chinese bots are all accounts made from Nov 2019 lol, one more bizzare coincidence in all this craziness rofl..... what's more bizzare? a couple of days after the start of the massive troll downvoting lol, such a weirdly well timed "coincidence"

Nov 30, 1:05 PM

Tomoyami_Reiki said:
Meusnier said:

Better make some spaces next time :) Otherwise, what you say is completely right to the point that it should be obvious for people of good faith, but haters fall rarely in the latter category and are not sensible to reasoning so it seems to me that you are preaching in the desert.

Ah yes, thanks for the advice. I was fast typing it with my phone before :) Yea I know at some points one or two comments like the one I wrote couldn't get through the haters but I never see people who trying so hard like this just to make its fave better. So I think I kinda pissed rn

Ah sorry I did not know that you were typing from your phone.

Indeed, it is a bit frustrating to see this kind of behavior, but since that are quite common on the Internet (and now in real life too...), I guess that we should just accept it. Funny how the same people who claim a trivial relativism that nothing of value exists ("it's just your opinion" i.e. so it's worthless) are often the same who downvote series they believe inferior to their favorites to make sure that their opinion prevails.
"By thinking of things you could understand them." Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

Nov 30, 1:09 PM
It's 6.94 now. I don't even know what to say man. This show is literally the best show this season imo, from the art, music, everything. It really doesn't deserve this type of treatment. I'm actually really disheartened that there are people out there who would do this. I mean like why? Do they know that by doing this, they are undermining the efforts of all who were involved in making the show? And it will probably affect the fanbase too. I mean lower ratings means less people would go out of their way to watch it. And for what? Just to see BNHA or Vinland on top or something? I mean don't get me wrong I love both of these shows but Chihayafuru should get it's due respect too.

Nov 30, 1:30 PM

Meusnier said:
Tomoyami_Reiki said:

Ah sorry I did not know that you were typing from your phone.

Indeed, it is a bit frustrating to see this kind of behavior, but since that are quite common on the Internet (and now in real life too...), I guess that we should just accept it. Funny how the same people who claim a trivial relativism that nothing of value exists ("it's just your opinion" i.e. so it's worthless) are often the same who downvote series they believe inferior to their favorites to make sure that their opinion prevails.

It's okay really ^^
Yea I agree it becomes common indeed both irl and in the internet. People troll this and that just like they wanted to be and crash things that should've been touch in the beginning.

Making a war when actually there's no problem at all. Yea these people just want to find many reasons to downvote it. But to get 24,5% in percentage to rate a show that low is too far and so childish

Nov 30, 3:59 PM

1.5k+ people rating 1... ouch. More than a quarter of people rating gave it a 1, what the hell happened?
All the other seasons are more than above an 8 rating, so I checked the stats and oml.

Over a thousand is crazy, though.

Nov 30, 4:00 PM
I took a quick look at the Chinese side (with the help of Google Translate don't kill me) and aside from them commenting about the author's political view about the city I shall not name or else the shit storm will start again, even most Chinese fans have the brains to separate work from author's comment. Hell, some even liked the work despite disagreeing the author's political view. It's like I should downvote AOT just because the author (allegedly) support Nazism or Japanese Nationalism or whatever. Besides, with the current political climate, there's a lot of misinformation about the Chinese that made them the new Asian Jews. So I doubt it's the Chinese, although it's sorta true there's a small amount of the downvotes amounted to them (assuming they even bothered to come to MAL since they already have their own MAL).

I also doubt it's the Vinland Saga fans because most of them don't give a crap (if they even knew Chihayafuru even exist) and the fanbase isn't that big compared to say AOT, Death Note or FMA:B. If it were Vinland Saga fans, it would be a minority and considering the number of members on the Vinland Saga side in MAL, for that minority to do that would've caught the attention in their discussion forums. Instead, not even a thread was opened there. Hell, not even their subreddit even noticed Chihayafuru score dropped. So I doubt it's them.

Nov 30, 4:24 PM

lastfight5 said:

I also doubt it's the Vinland Saga fans because most of them don't give a crap (if they even knew Chihayafuru even exist) and the fanbase isn't that big compared to say AOT, Death Note or FMA:B. If it were Vinland Saga fans, it would be a minority and considering the number of members on the Vinland Saga side in MAL, for that minority to do that would've caught the attention in their discussion forums. Instead, not even a thread was opened there. Hell, not even their subreddit even noticed Chihayafuru score dropped. So I doubt it's them.

yeah no,what kind of retarded fuckoos want to admit they downvotting other people anime,they gonna risk it big when making any threads/mention about chihaya ,it's better to stay quiet.

Nov 30, 5:48 PM

lastfight5 said:
I took a quick look at the Chinese side (with the help of Google Translate don't kill me) and aside from them commenting about the author's political view about the city I shall not name or else the shit storm will start again, even most Chinese fans have the brains to separate work from author's comment. Hell, some even liked the work despite disagreeing the author's political view. It's like I should downvote AOT just because the author (allegedly) support Nazism or Japanese Nationalism or whatever. Besides, with the current political climate, there's a lot of misinformation about the Chinese that made them the new Asian Jews. So I doubt it's the Chinese, although it's sorta true there's a small amount of the downvotes amounted to them (assuming they even bothered to come to MAL since they already have their own MAL).

Yeah,the fact that Chihayafuru 3 rated well in Chinese websites pretty much prove it's not the Chinese. Douban,the very same website where Chinese comment on the author's Tweet,Chihayafuru receive 9.4 rating. Judging from the date of the comments,it seems Chinese only learn about Chihayafuru author Tweet on November 20.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
Modified by MonkeyDHunter, Dec 2, 1:32 AM
My Wife is a Demon Queen

Nov 30, 7:38 PM
Meusnier said:
Peeti said:
Lol, 50% will always be a dream. Atleast for me though.

Well, well, the implementation of the anti-bots and false accounts counter-measures may take months. At this pace, the 50% will be attained in no time. QED
50% is taking too longπŸ˜€πŸ˜‘πŸ€£πŸ€£. So, can we call 50% a dream again?

Nov 30, 10:16 PM
Ready to Ruffle

New admin update on the situation here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=4750#msg58736434

Kineta said:
Yesterday, the development team and Luna+I reached an agreement on a first phase approach to combating the rating troll problem, with subsequent dev phases following the first to make the system more robust against malicious attacks.

Development will begin next week and a site-wide announcement will be posted once the first phase of the system is deployed. Please give us a bit more time for the tech team to implement our numerous demands and for us to test the output to investigate any unanticipated problems. This issue is high priority and we would like it resolved as quickly as the community does.

Dec 1, 8:52 AM

Peeti said:
Meusnier said:

Well, well, the implementation of the anti-bots and false accounts counter-measures may take months. At this pace, the 50% will be attained in no time. QED

Call it whatever you want, but it was not a dream for me but a mere logical prediction. Of course, as I said earlier, this prediction was made under the condition that downvoters would not get weary in the meantime. Since these last three days, the 1s went from 1541 to 1543, so we can safely conclude that they indeed gave up.

Otherwise, this is nice to see that some measures will be implemented soon against troll voters. Even if it took two weeks, considering the lack of manpower, I do not think that we can really criticize this slowness.
"By thinking of things you could understand them." Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

Dec 1, 9:19 AM
Good to hear that the mod will be handling the issue. Unfortunately this is the best actions to combat the trolls. The good thing from this, is that the tech changes will hopefully stop such BS things in the future and this was a great PR for Chihayafuru, so part of me wants to thank the sad and pathetic children who made it happen :).

Dec 1, 9:26 AM
Meusnier said:
Peeti said:

Call it whatever you want, but it was not a dream for me but a mere logical prediction. Of course, as I said earlier, this prediction was made under the condition that downvoters would not get weary in the meantime. Since these last three days, the 1s went from 1541 to 1543, so we can safely conclude that they indeed gave up.

Otherwise, this is nice to see that some measures will be implemented soon against troll voters. Even if it took two weeks, considering the lack of manpower, I do not think that we can really criticize this slowness.
Good thing. We may see more troo ratings in the footure.

Dec 1, 9:20 PM

I think "score troll" or "rating troll" makes it seem a bit wrong. Since it is mainly abou "bots". (Accounts created by an automated script. No one would create thousands of accounts manually.)

Afaik for normal accounts that exist for a long time that just decided to give a 1/10 it is no problem even if they "troll" and give the score without even having watched the show. Since no one can check if they actually have watched it or not. (Also there might be people that do the opposite and give 10/10s to push.)

For example I could put a 1/10 and say I have watched most episodes until now - while having the first season dropped at a lot score - and say this one is bad. (Which actually could seem like a real - not troll - interpretation ... but then would be due to the fact that I have not watched the full 2 seaons and directly watching a sequel alwas is a bad idea if you don't understand stuff.)

I think it is nice to see some downvoting as well - and not only the pushing a problem. (Which seems to be a problem more frequently. I noticed this with Kimetsu no Yaiba which did not stabilize to lower than 8.5 yet ... still 8.93.)

I'd say Chihayafuru quality-wise is something between 7-8 for me personally and I can understand the people that like it bringing it near 8 but anything higher than 8.2 or 8.3 probably could hint at a "pushing". Lower than 7 is definitely unexpected if the show didn't get worse. (And I heard nothing bad from other fans that like it - so far.)

So while removing the bots it should be taken care that the score doesn't rise higher than 8.5 ... which I find critical. Always a problem if niche (Chihayafuru) shows or generic boring shounen (Kimetsu no Yaiba) get a score too high making it seem like it is a good show everyone that watches anime would like. A different calculation system might help. (Setting the 50 in that score that takes the overall scores on MAL higher a lot.)

Dec 1, 10:51 PM

Gorochu said:
Mayuka said:
"Mainland chinese are angels" lol have you even been to China?

Since you are Chinese can you read Chinese? Is Myanimelist even well known in China? Can you direct me the link where Chinese bad mouth about the author?

I haven't seen any credible English source reporting what really happen to Chihayafuru in China. I read in reddit chihayafuru got ban but the thread removed due to misleading.
I can read some Chinese. Unfortunately, I haven't done much digging on this issue. Most of my info is from MAL right now. Also, I'm not that Chinese to have a social media on Weibo or Bilibili or anything so idk what they've been planning.

EDIT: It seems that @Freiya3 has already explained everything lol

β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Dec 1, 11:11 PM

Mayuka said:
Gorochu said:

Since you are Chinese can you read Chinese? Is Myanimelist even well known in China? Can you direct me the link where Chinese bad mouth about the author?

I haven't seen any credible English source reporting what really happen to Chihayafuru in China. I read in reddit chihayafuru got ban but the thread removed due to misleading.
I can read some Chinese. Unfortunately, I haven't done much digging on this issue. Most of my info is from MAL right now. Also, I'm not that Chinese to have a social media on Weibo or Bilibili or anything so idk what they've been planning.

EDIT: It seems that @Freiya3 has already explained everything lol

We done our own digging too. Apparently it's not the Chinese since Chihayafuru 3 is rated well in China.

Chihayafuru's Bilibili rating = 8.2
Chihayafuru's Douban rating = 9.4
Chihayafuru's Bangumi rating = 8.1

BiliBili: https://www.bilibili.com/bangumi/media/md28222678/?from=search&seid=229072619109278309
Douban: https://movie.douban.com/subject/30156230/
Bangumi: https://bangumi.tv/subject/18294

Right now most of us don't think it's Chinese anymore.
Modified by Gorochu, Dec 1, 11:57 PM
My Wife is a Demon Queen

Dec 2, 10:07 PM

Lol now it's 6.99 damn bots
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think
it's necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Houseki no Kuni Club

Dec 2, 10:32 PM

Catalano said:

It was 6.9 a couple of days ago, so it's raising, so unless we have now bots giving it 10's it's improving.

Dec 2, 11:34 PM

Heimur said:
Catalano said:

It was 6.9 a couple of days ago, so it's raising, so unless we have now bots giving it 10's it's improving.

I don't think the mods deleted the 1 score bots, it's the 10s. How can we trust mal if they don't even have a policy regarding these stuff. As if imdb doesn't have these problems.
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think
it's necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Houseki no Kuni Club

Dec 3, 2:26 AM

This is plain stupid that a good anime like Chihayafuru having this low score but who trust mal scores anyway lmao get a life retards that downvoting this
#PrayForKyoAni

Dec 3, 9:50 AM
I've only just noticed how low this is scored myself, mainly because I loved season 1 and 2 and didn't need to look at how others are viewing it. I love season 3 equally and to hell with others views.

That said, it peeked my interest. And although there is much in this thread I haven't had the time to read through and this may have already been done, I did a quick calculation and at the point of this post the stats are

Score No votes
10 1971
9 1343
8 1016
7 416
6 99
5 44
4 14
3 22
2 7
1 1547 (a whooping 23.9%)

The current rating being a 6.99% yet when taking out the 1 scores this shoots up to 8.87814 (rounded to 8.88). Probably more accurately reflecting true opinions.

Dec 3, 12:48 PM
Well, it's good to hear that action are being taken to fix this issue, at this point it was necessary; but with all this bot mess, I wanted to see something, just for fun: as most of the bots have 1/24 or -/24 episodes in their list, their scores wouldn't be counted in the general average when the show ends, so it would have been funny that because of the bots, Chihayafuru 3 had gone from less than 7 to a hypothetical ~9 score; just imagine it, it would take the community by a storm.

But know that this will be fixed, it's good to return to the mean score of the viewers, only thing left I'm wondering is how this will change the Top Anime, as we all know that practically all of them have suffered of downvoting and upvoting; it's just a matter of time at this point to see it, I'm sure it will be interesting, to say the least.

Dec 3, 12:50 PM

@mquinn2 Some people botted 10s on it to try to counter the 1 bots, realistically it should be 8.6x or 8.7

Dec 3, 1:17 PM

Kobayasan said:
@mquinn2 Some people botted 10s on it to try to counter the 1 bots, realistically it should be 8.6x or 8.7

It was already 8,60 before it got downvoted, pretty sure by now the score wouldve slightly increased.. So yeah probably more like 8,7ish

Dec 3, 1:50 PM
sad thing the score will probably never be fixed

Dec 3, 1:54 PM

Kobayasan said:

Nah, even considering there were some people who spammed 10/10, the current real raw score is around 8.85
People on MAL in a nutshell

Dec 3, 3:33 PM
well the guys who scored 1s are m f c s d s a fisting s o a w

Dec 3, 7:11 PM
Yay it's finally the score is rising.

Yesterday, 12:56 AM
Warble World

Same thing (But Chihayafuru's point difference bigger than BNHA) happened for BNHA Season 3 too. I reported a lot of (About 50+) accounts. But admins or moderator never responded me. This is so sad. I hope they will fix Chihayafuru.

Yesterday, 3:15 AM
MrTacobell said:
is this the biggest ratio of 1s in a anime?

Attack on Titan season 3 part 2 was in a similar situation before the votes were deleted iirc

Yesterday, 3:59 AM
is still no solution for fix the score?

Yesterday, 10:30 AM

"What kind of fuckery is this?" - Amy Winehouse
Why are people review-bombing this anime? For what reason? What do they gain from this?
I've never seen an anime's ratings go from high 8's to low 7's before. MAL needs to implement a system similar to what Steam has done with regards to review-bombing. Never knew people did this on MAL. Sad.

Yesterday, 7:03 PM

What is going on with this show? i haven't started S3 yet but I can't believe it is a 7.
~Nothing~

Yesterday, 8:30 PM

Gar_Logan said:
What is going on with this show? i haven't started S3 yet but I can't believe it is a 7.

Got downvoted by bots, original score would be 8,60.

Today, 1:13 AM

Ah, is that what happened? Good to know. Having a thread like this up is kinda nice, helps inform people on what is going on.

Not sure who or why, but meh. The sooner people get detached from MAL scores the better. This might just hasten the process, who knows? Maybe MAL devs should drop all scores to 1.00 for April fools and permanently for all I care
I swear I'm not a lolicon.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Opinions are all relevant. I express mine freely and believe everyone should too. Unless you say "<Insert anime here> is the best! Everything else sucks", then GTFO.
My MAL Interview

8 hours ago

Show me evidence that Chihayafuru manga was banned and use reliable and credible source not some forum, Twitter or blog etc.

-EDIT-
Chihayafuru manga is still available and can be read in Chinese websites.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.

If you use chinese IP, you can't find this manga on dm5.

Like me: https://imgur.com/a/ueC32hA

Other sites that banned Chihayafuru manga are bilibili and tencent. If you search "θŠ±η‰Œζƒ…ηΌ˜“ on them,there is no result.

https://ac.qq.com/Comic/searchList?search=%E8%8A%B1%E7%89%8C%E6%83%85%E7%BC%98

https://manga.bilibili.com/search?from=manga_homepage&keyword=%E8%8A%B1%E7%89%8C%E6%83%85%E7%BC%98

The anime has not been banned for now.

Modified by sfgljadfds, 8 hours ago

5 hours ago

BurningSpirit said:
Ah, is that what happened? Good to know. Having a thread like this up is kinda nice, helps inform people on what is going on.

Not sure who or why, but meh. The sooner people get detached from MAL scores the better. This might just hasten the process, who knows? Maybe MAL devs should drop all scores to 1.00 for April fools and permanently for all I care

Hopefully, they kept this thread open, since 6 others on the subject were all closed two days ago for the same arbitrary and generic reason. Otherwise, it is immensely likely that it originated from a Vinland fan because the downvoting started when Chihayafuru>Vinland in scores. But people start creating crazy explanations about what I would call the "Chinese hypothesis"; a simple chronology permits to assert that these arguments are worthless.

3 hours ago

Bunille said:
1.5k+ people rating 1... ouch. More than a quarter of people rating gave it a 1, what the hell happened?
All the other seasons are more than above an 8 rating, so I checked the stats and oml.

Over a thousand is crazy, though.
Its a troll creating literally hundreds of accounts just to lower the score for this anime. Its actually just 1 person. Who literally has no life and I wouldnt be surprised if he has Down Syndrome or some other illness.

Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]

Preview MangaManga Store