Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 31, 2007 8:29 PM

Mar 2007
Just got done watching it, very good episode yet again. Misa is funny in this episode... Misa is a mean drunk... sheesh... don't want to get on her bad side
May 31, 2007 9:52 PM

Dec 2006
Great episode; the next few are going to be intense build ups. Love seeing the manga fleshed out in Anime form, they couldn't have stayed truer.
リスト 。。

Jun 1, 2007 7:29 AM

Oct 2006
yeah good episode. Some inconsistencies in the beginning (I'm sure they don't exist in the manga).

I'm amased Teru actually killed that guy in the train in plain sight... and from the preview it seems he's gonna die...?

Well... we'll see in the next episode.
Jun 1, 2007 9:02 AM

Mar 2007
Ya the last few episodes should be very interesting. However, I couldn't believe Teru actually was dumb enough to use the Death Note at the scene of the crime. Hopefully he doesn't die... :'(

Dibs on Ishida!
Jun 1, 2007 9:38 AM

Oct 2006
I think Teru using it was the intent. He's become a diversion - Light knew that Near would catch on, so he's using Teru to draw him out. Remember how he was told to prepare a fake notebook? There won't be any proof against him if the notebook doesn't work, so he'll be bait without being put into any real danger. Near isn't going to kill him, as he stated quite clearly in the episode.

I liked this one... it's nice that the show seems to be picking up again after the death of L. I really got a kick out of the scenes with Misa... she's such a moron, and it's kinda fulfilling to see her being so easily played.
Jun 2, 2007 12:44 PM

Apr 2007
lol at Misa!
Jun 2, 2007 3:48 PM

Oct 2006
Krelian said:
I think Teru using it was the intent. He's become a diversion - Light knew that Near would catch on, so he's using Teru to draw him out. Remember how he was told to prepare a fake notebook? There won't be any proof against him if the notebook doesn't work, so he'll be bait without being put into any real danger. Near isn't going to kill him, as he stated quite clearly in the episode.
Problem is the note "worked". Yes he was told to make a fake one, but the guy there died. That means that note is the real thing. That killing was not Light's order in my view,... maybe the manga says otherwise. but in the ep. it couldn't have been. It was Teru's sense of justice at work. And what I meant was not that Near was gonna be the one to kill Teru, but Light would. He's nothing but a tool to him so that wouldn't surprise me.

^_^
Jun 2, 2007 4:43 PM

Mar 2007
Errm die?

Teru's not going to die. At least that's not what I thought after watching the preview.

Teru wrote something on some piece of death note in his shoe, Teru talks to himself (sakujo or eliminate), some guy dies in the locker room and the SPK dude finds A note in Teru's suitcase.

Wouldn't that make a lot more sense?

Light did make him use a fake death note, but he'll only start using it when the announcer woman gets Teru's letter. I'm guessing that at the scene from the preview, Teru will have a piece of the death note with him and a fake death note near him all the time. So, that when they try to arrest Teru, they'll only find a fake death note and he'll look like a Kira fanatic/lunatic (since he's been writing names of "bad people" in some random note without reason).

Either that, or Teru's too late with excecuting Light's and plan and his days'll be numbered.

Only 4 more eps to go....................
Jun 2, 2007 6:54 PM

Apr 2007
funny dinner scene, misamisa FTL!
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jun 2, 2007 7:00 PM

Apr 2007
Remember also that he pulled out his cell phone first. Meaning if they progressed far enough that the chick that's in a feud w/ Misa (can't remember her name for the life of me) actually has the real Note, and Teru's using a fake, he could have sent a pic to her w/ a name, and she killed him. The way the privies make it sound, it seems Mikami's dead.
Mikami is speaking to himself. He's doing something with the trash paper at his feet. Now, he went inside the gym. He died in the locker room. Key to the briefcase... I'm opening it. I got the note.
That's the transcript for the Kuro-hana translation of the preview. The only thing that makes me wonder is the tone of the guys voice changes between "Now, he went inside the gym" and "He died in the locker room."
May 10, 2009 11:57 PM

Jun 2008
woah! they found out mikami's x-kira... but now, that's just a fake notebook right? takada's the one doing the judgements right???
Jul 24, 2009 8:25 AM
Jul 2009
Yay, a love triangle!
Near is supposed to be L's successor, prepared to give up his life and all, but he's too scared to catch a plane by himself? OMG.
No Mello in this episode. Hmm.
I wonder whether Mikami really killed the guy?
Aug 8, 2009 9:24 AM

Aug 2009
Oh, Misa still are so cute ^^"
Story becomes too tangled
Aug 19, 2009 11:12 AM
May 2009
Shit he blew his cover. I'm really hoping that Kira wins this, but it's looking like Near is going to win right now. lol'd @ Misa drunk on the doorstep.
Sep 6, 2009 8:23 AM
Apr 2009
4 eps to go.. we hear like nothing about Mello, near is like superman/god. What I liked about the previous ones were, they showed how he got clues.

Now near turned into god status, and out of a million tapes, he knew it was the guy in a split second lol.

but yea cool ep
Sep 6, 2009 4:50 PM

Jun 2009
Misa is awesome as always
Nov 3, 2009 4:16 PM

Oct 2009
Yep, Death Note is inconsistency at its finest. Why are they focusing on the music so much now. It's so good, I wish they had this during the whole series >.>

This episode felt very small. I guess it was to set up some big parts that will be coming, and tie some loose ends like Misa.
Dec 21, 2009 3:01 AM

Mar 2009
lol after everyone used that notebook in the past im surprised it never ran out of pages. >.>
but i could of sworn that Teru had the Death God eyes. If so., then why didn't he kill the guy looking at him who was one of Near's partners because he looked suspicious, and then the criminal later on? because he just blew everything for light, so i can see it's going downhill from here.
ShinobiCJDec 21, 2009 3:13 AM

Jan 10, 2010 1:10 AM

Jul 2009
Ssjbryando said:
4 eps to go.. we hear like nothing about Mello, near is like superman/god. What I liked about the previous ones were, they showed how he got clues.

Now near turned into god status, and out of a million tapes, he knew it was the guy in a split second lol.

but yea cool ep

Wow, Near's "powers of deduction."
Yeah, he's not as amazing as L, a human. lol
lol, Misa almost got her ass beat. I loved Misa v. Takada, their bitchiness, true to life. Misa is a badass drunk. I loved the music in this episode. I want Near's Lego pieces.
Jan 10, 2010 10:48 PM

Jan 2009
Misa was pretty annoying in this ep, but it was still pretty good.
Teru totally failed though by blowing his cover.

Feb 3, 2010 1:36 AM

Nov 2009
Lol light you player~
its kinda cool how in death note they keep updating their hair, like lights hairs grown longer since the start and how his father's hair started greying towards the end etc
Mar 18, 2010 12:24 PM

Jan 2010
yeah both misa and takada are b*tches,but i prefer misa,she's cooler :D

overall this epsiode was good,mikami was dumb at the end but i'm guessing this is part of light's plan..

also near seems VERY confident,i think that Light's screwed :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 8, 2010 1:58 AM

Feb 2009
Another interesting episodde, let's see where this goes.
Aug 24, 2010 11:01 AM

Feb 2010
Ssjbryando said:
Exactly my words. :)
Sep 10, 2010 4:15 PM

May 2010
Misa + Alcohol = Misa telling Mogi that Light is Kira?
Nov 14, 2010 2:30 AM

May 2010
never thought Teru would be so stupid to use the death note in a train...
LOL @ drunk Misa-Misa ^^
sert908 said:
Misa + Alcohol = Misa telling Mogi that Light is Kira?

I don't think so, she lost her memory so she doesn't even know Light is Kira.
Nov 15, 2010 7:27 PM

Oct 2008
Well there goes Teru.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 7, 2010 2:05 AM

Aug 2010
What just happened in the train?? He seemed to have taken a picture or something before he took out the notebook.

Near went into avatar state for a few seconds there. lol
Jul 11, 2011 6:34 PM

Sep 2010
Mikami, watchu doin?
Aug 27, 2011 7:42 AM

Nov 2010
don't read if you don't want the show spoiled
Nov 25, 2011 6:12 PM

Dec 2010
Blah, one more episode without Mello, but this time he didn't show up at all. Lately I see him more during the opening, than in the anime itself. This sucks! I'll be really surprised if Takeda is not 100% sure that she's the one that Kira loves and she was totally putting an act before Misa. But still, she may have something humane left in her, who knows... Anyways, bitch fight ftw :D
MeritasNov 26, 2011 1:56 AM
Feb 11, 2012 7:34 AM

Jul 2011
yay finally CAT FIGHT!!

i think takada will kill Misa... or maybe misa's time will run out naturally...
Jun 30, 2012 3:27 AM

Nov 2011
Misa was annoying but also remember. He wasn't supposed to stop judging until he sent the pages.
Jul 24, 2012 5:43 PM

Jun 2012
Near has a toy Godzilla. Brilliant. XD
Aug 2, 2012 12:37 PM

May 2012
Ow Misa you're so funny :p though the end damn they found that he got a death note!
Aug 16, 2012 5:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Aya Hirano and Maaya Sakamoto squaring off to see who get's their man. I liked that!

As hard as I try, I cannot take Near seriously as a believable character. If he ends up beating LIght (who is the devil incarnate) it wouldn't be belieable in my appreciation.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 25, 2012 12:26 PM

Feb 2012
its one of the worst episodes of death note i saw,why?
its just not reliable,near figuring that mikami is X-kira doesnt make any sense.
I hope the last episodes will be good.
Sep 19, 2012 8:24 AM

Jan 2012
A great episode once again. Misa x Takada catfight lol. Loved the situation in the end, that's how you get things done lol.

Sep 29, 2012 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
Man, I'm not the biggest fan of Light, but Light got them good this time.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jan 26, 2013 5:29 PM

Oct 2011
Well, Light planned to let him blow his cover, that's why Teru needed the fake book.

The only thing I don't like is how Near can solve every riddle so easily. It just doesn't really make sense how he gets the answer on the question. L's way at least made sense, no matter how genius one is or not..
Mar 28, 2013 12:39 AM

Mar 2013
Light is becoming way too obvious. Especially with Teru/X-Kira being dumb enough to write in the notebook in plain sight...aside from that, the episode was pretty much just Misamisa drunk lol.
Apr 26, 2013 2:03 AM

Feb 2013
RiukixD said:

The only thing I don't like is how Near can solve every riddle so easily. It just doesn't really make sense how he gets the answer on the question. L's way at least made sense, no matter how genius one is or not..

I know right? He always jumps to conclusion without seeing how he got to his conclusion.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 9, 2013 2:48 AM

Oct 2012
That declaration of war, almost like L vs Kira?
Misa, I can't stop imagining Haruhi/Konata XD

Teru, that's so visible way to kill someone?
Looks like someone got tricked XD
"Signature removed"
May 9, 2013 7:38 AM

Jan 2013
Now the series are becoming very interessting (as always),so who will choes the Kira,the Misa or Kiyomi?
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 27, 2013 3:14 PM

Jun 2013
Oh, man. Everything's turning into shit. Maybe that's a good thing since Light is like a super villain. And still, I'm rooting for him a little, sadly enough.
Something tells me Light is gonna get away with the whole Kira thing but all his accomplices (Misa, the fanboy and the news lady) plus Near and co. are gonna die.
Aug 8, 2013 12:03 PM

Jul 2012
I actually don't like Misa or Kiyomi. Misa is too childish and clingy while Kiyomi is too delusional and silent.

I kind of agree with Teru's morals... :| If I had a DN, I would totally kill the almost-rapist.
Nov 27, 2013 3:42 AM

Jul 2013
I'm sorry, but this Near's "Mikami-Teru-Is-XKira" was such an asspuller. How did he deduce this? There are quite a lot Kira supporters, and nothing he said could prove that he has a connection to Takada. Even if it did, as Takada mentioned, she's getting hundreds of fan mails every day, so a lot of people have "connection" to her.

Otherwise, great episode.
Dec 12, 2013 12:37 PM

Oct 2011
Misa is hilarious, such a good character. I don't know how Near knew Teru was X-Kira, it seems way too lucky. With so much going on I can never tell whether things happening are good for Light or good for Near. Teru definitely revealed himself to Gevanni, but the way the show has been going I feel like Light might have wanted that to happen.
Dec 17, 2013 1:57 AM

Jan 2013
Okay, so this was Light's plan. Wasn't hard to figure out that X-Kira will be caught.. but I was hoping on some plans against being caught so that's why I'm surprised.
Dec 22, 2013 3:14 PM

Jan 2013
Such bullshit, Near just happens to figure it all out huh? How convinent that he just makes guesses and they're true.

These episodes after L are full of bullshit, it's like the mangaka just wanted to end the series... Shame
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Does Death Note deserve a remake? ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Nov 2, 2017

55 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 8, 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.