Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Did she overreacted?
Nov 14, 2019 2:59 AM

Nov 2019
Lol her being mad at Seth would only be justified if Seth new her story beforehand and still left them but the fact is he didn't know lmao Melie definitely overreacted, I still like her tho, hair down Melie looks hot af but let's be honest this drama was dumb af like her hair style
Nov 15, 2019 12:26 PM

Sep 2014
I disagree.

We're not used to see good dispute with friends in anime so it feels like she's overreacting a bit. However, I didn't find that she was overreacting according to the circumstance. She had good reason to be mad at Seth.
I find that she is a good character with a brain and a head on her shoulder who don't blindly follow the MC behind his shadow because he's the MC. She actually has more character depth than Seth. A Seth who completely diregarded her feeling and dumped her like if she was a NPC who has no sentimental value. I understand Mélie being mad at Seth for completely neglected their friendship she truly beloved. Also Mélie always had a personality disorder so it was somewhat to be expected.
Mar 16, 2020 7:43 PM
Oct 2011
Hrybami said:
I disagree.

We're not used to see good dispute with friends in anime so it feels like she's overreacting a bit. However, I didn't find that she was overreacting according to the circumstance. She had good reason to be mad at Seth.
I find that she is a good character with a brain and a head on her shoulder who don't blindly follow the MC behind his shadow because he's the MC. She actually has more character depth than Seth. A Seth who completely diregarded her feeling and dumped her like if she was a NPC who has no sentimental value. I understand Mélie being mad at Seth for completely neglected their friendship she truly beloved. Also Mélie always had a personality disorder so it was somewhat to be expected.

Yeah. I'm late on this but I also thought her reaction was totally justified and well shown and lasted just long enough to make a nice impact while still having a nice resolution between her and Seth.

Like you said, even before she volunteers the confirmation that her "split personality" was indeed the cause of people continuously leaving her, Seth has already known for months, since their very first meeting, that Melie's curse replicates a lot of what he was going through with her own "dark side" that can take control of her at any time and that she can't stop or control who it attacks (that causes a lot of damage sometimes and similarly blacks out and can't remember doing it).

The moment he brought up "controlling himself" being the reason he left and Melie rightfully countered with how she's been dealing with that exact kind of thing for even longer than he has, we see it right on Seth's face that it's clear he suddenly recognizes how much he screwed up, as that's when he no longer stops Melie from closing the door on him.

I thought the exchange in the doorway was really well done and well-timed with when during it it finally tries to really hit you with the feels really hard when Melie finally directly reminds Seth of her curse and what it does to her and the parallel between them.

It was quite nicely done and I liked how they gradually made up with each other. S2 had a lot of good stuff.

More topics from this board

» s3 updates?

Kimo45 - May 25, 2023

4 by GerenteYato »»
Nov 5, 2023 8:52 PM

» Radiant Season 3?

Slayer9568 - Mar 7, 2020

17 by DangerMouseDM »»
Nov 4, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

52 by Attackonfiller »»
May 6, 2022 1:22 PM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2020

19 by Attackonfiller »»
Apr 25, 2022 5:09 PM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2020

20 by Attackonfiller »»
Apr 21, 2022 8:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.