Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2015 2:28 PM

Dec 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Why is no one talking about this brilliant adaptation? I loved this film when I was young, have seen it several times since, and still laugh at certain scenes :D

Mod edit: Changed the format of the thread to a discussion post.
DeadlyRavenNov 13, 2019 6:15 AM
"To die without wishing for rebirth might be a priceless joy" - Ginko, Mushishi
Nov 13, 2019 6:14 AM

May 2009
So let me get this straight: Lucifer is a color changing silly ogre that goes "taratata" every time he transforms and has a slide to get down his throne. I swear that movie left me with so many questions. Why do the cats and mice wear some kind of executioner hoods? Where is that cat kingdom we see in the beginning?

I don't understand why Lucifer is suddenly weak to the mice attack at the end too. I get that the pendant was his source of power, but I was assuming he'd still be resistant to weapons like he was the first time they attacked him.

Pierre and the princess have amazing voices, they should've added more songs.
Jan 9, 2021 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
Initially hooked by the movie with its the artstyle and animation that we don't see anymore until I felt the story became complete stupid and basically same as other older toei movie I've watched except felt less classy with this one. There was tons of repetitive jokes and old songs winged in throughout the entire durations. Tons of cat and mouse chase scenes almost toke me back of watching tom and jerry show for a while but the other main parts of the movies fails to be compelling.
Nov 15, 2023 4:01 PM

Sep 2020
1st half was slow and fairly uninteresting, but the 2nd half was all good - the whole castle chase made it all worth it. A little too repetitive with the cats always butting in, though, especially since the beginning was so abrupt and left unclear, but the mice were fun.

Don't know what was up with Lucifer being the villain: was he really supposed to be an ogre like the synopsis says? The subs even regarded him as the Prince of Darkness, and I thought he was supposed to be representing the Devil in a way, so it was weird to see him going for this probably underaged girl. And there should have been more interaction between the Princess and Pierre before she declared her love for him so suddenly (yeah, it's aimed for kids so who cares, right?)

7.5 boots with the fur /10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.