Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 12, 2019 11:51 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Is life to be died? Should life be lived so one can die the way they want? Or does only the experience of living, and the emotions felt, matter? The death part being only an afterthought?

It strikes me how, if happiness is an idealised concept that cannot be reached by everyone, everywhen, the fact remains one can try to be the best they can. Should one live so they are proud of them the instant that they die, without a regret left in the world?

Nov 12, 2019 12:33 PM

Aug 2012
What the fuck even is this? You do realise that people don't always die the way they want because death comes randomly unless you will it? It's all probability.

The question of whether life matters depends on your self-worth.

Wait a minute? People try to be the best they can? Can you point out where this utopia is? I'll move there immediately.

Again, living without any regrets depends on your self-worth, mainly.
Nov 12, 2019 1:08 PM

May 2019
Death is a hot goth girl my rad lad. There's nothing to fear.
Nov 12, 2019 1:11 PM

May 2013
We are creatures that fear death, so not feeling satisfied with yourself in death I imagine in common since almost nobody achieves their long term desires in life.

That and the fear of what is after death or even the fear of non existence after death can be bone chilling. To be a creature that can perceive, think and feel only to be snuffed out as if you never existed.

Basically just try to be happy, and if your not wait for the good times.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Nov 12, 2019 1:19 PM

Feb 2019
In fact, my friend, death is to be lived.
Nov 12, 2019 1:36 PM

Jan 2009
entropy the decline of anything to disorder and death is inevitable so ye might as well enjoy what remaining life you got

#YOLO
Nov 12, 2019 1:39 PM

Feb 2018
In fact, my friend, life is to be lived.
Nov 12, 2019 1:45 PM

Feb 2019
Minerbit said:
In fact, my friend, death is to died.
Nov 12, 2019 1:58 PM
Feb 2017
"Is Life To Be Died?"

The education system at its finest, ladies and gentleman.
Nov 12, 2019 2:07 PM

Mar 2018
If one contemplates death he risks loosing out on an already scarce time.

I think it to be impossible to live out your life without harboring any regrets, but that just might be my greed stopping me from enjoying myself to the fullest of potentials.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Nov 12, 2019 2:12 PM

Mar 2008
This is just word soup using word play.

Living life just means enjoying it but isn't limited to just that. So its
Nov 12, 2019 2:13 PM

Mar 2008
This is just word soup using word play.

Living life just means enjoying it but isn't limited to just that. So it's not saying one can't contemplate death.
Nov 12, 2019 2:15 PM

Feb 2018
Kosmonaut said:
Minerbit said:
In fact, my friend, death is to be with daddy god. (It does not apply to sinners).
Nov 12, 2019 3:17 PM

Feb 2019
Minerbit said:
Kosmonaut said:
In fact, my friend, death is to be with daddy god. (It does not apply to sinners).
In god, daddy, my friend is to be with fact.
Nov 12, 2019 3:51 PM

Feb 2018
Kosmonaut said:
Minerbit said:
In god, daddy, my friend is to be with fact.
In dog, catf htiw eb ot si dneirf ym, yddad sr. tuano mosK.
In conclusion, life is a cat-dog with tuano "mask"
Nov 12, 2019 5:45 PM

Nov 2013
No, die is to be lifed.
A subtle, but important difference.

I can see you

Nov 12, 2019 8:26 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
@Yarub To be truthful I believe we're all trying to better ourselves, and that would be the principle of nature. I mean, we're normally gifted with hedonism so as to try to stay alive. We normally dream so as to hone our emotional reflexes. Our brain makes us self-doubt and take criticism seriously, so we better ourselves. I see only progress in every way, we mime our species' members and all... Trial and error, I guess.

@Luchse I think it is possible to live life without any regret, and to die so. It requires having the hindsight to understand every action was done deterministically given inclinations and informations. Also, I would rather say it is this way: one realises life is short, and does the best of their life shortly. That would require deciding upon one's life masterpiece, and to stick with it: some ideal still reachable given their place in society or their possibility to move towards this goal.

Nov 12, 2019 8:31 PM

Mar 2011
Ah, I think you should check out my friend (long dead for the most part) Seneca the younger and some coot named Socrates ideas of life and telos. The meaning of living is to flourish or something along those lines, while living to optimize your life using your potential..you get the route they're going.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Nov 12, 2019 8:56 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
@Silverstorm And Kant's cosmopolitan history, seen with optimism and determinism.

Nov 12, 2019 9:15 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
In my opinion one should try not to die himself or other people.
Nov 14, 2019 4:56 AM

Feb 2017
This is a cosmology video about multiverses and talks about how we may not only be alone in our universe but also alone in the multiverse and how lucky we are to exist, about how favorable not only our planet but also our universe is to support life. Must watch for anybody seeking answers to their existence. The host also gives his personal views on this topic at the end of the video which is like icing on the cake.

Really changed my perspective about life, space and human race.

More topics from this board

» If you are going to Dubai and need a car, enter here

cotetowemixx - Apr 9

6 by cotetowemixx »»
7 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 2 hours ago

1 by Hikinekomori »»
1 hour ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - 1 hour ago

0 by Enderobot »»
1 hour ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 10 hours ago

19 by MalchikRepaid »»
2 hours ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

23 by Lost_Viking »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.