Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
 
#1
Nov 12, 1:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 798
For me, it would be an isekai with an excellent job of world building, but not just with fights and characterisation. I'm talking economic and political world building. How will the characters trade, govern themselves and keep order. Log Horizon was the closest thing to the perfect isekai in my opinion because of this. It would also have a harem that would kind of blue ball us for a long time, similar to Bokuben where all the girls have a chance. Each girl would have a legit reason for liking the MC and would receive dedicated characterisation. They would all serve a purpose.

There would be now wasted space or concepts, everything introduced would be plot relevant and move the story further. The pacing would be just right, not too fast like Aincrad skipping all 100 floors, but not something incredibly drawn out like Fairy Tail. The series would also deal with serious emotional and mental issues like Koe No Katachi. So in a way, my ideal series is SAO Progressive mixed with Log Horizon, Tate No Yuusha, Mushoku tensei and Koe no Katachi. What about you?
Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate
 
#2
Nov 12, 1:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 2494
It would basically be Pokémon, except more incestuous subtext, then it would be perfect.

Edit: scratch that; I have an even better idea: a love comedy-drama where an imouto [male] wins over his onii-tyan by installing Gentoo for him with a super minimal kernel, no initial working memory filesystem, the SysLinux boot loader, no systemd of course and any and all FreeDesktop crapware kept out; the final configuration will also run Paludis instead of Portage, and operate in Btrfs; after seeing this extravaganza of a perfect operating system, said onii-tyan will immediately proceed to passionately molest the imouto m.c. who prætends to put up a front against this but clearly enjoys the entire undertaking.

Boot time will be in under 350 ms, of course; onii-tyan the longbeard imouto that stands afore him, having delivered this masterpiece — he is immediately succumbed to passion.
Modified by Sphinxter, Nov 12, 2:09 AM


It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
 
#3
Nov 12, 2:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1776
Sphinxter said:
It would basically be Pokémon, except more incestuous subtext, then it would be perfect.


Lol yeah without the incestuous part.

An actually mature story involving Pokemon in which characters don't start at 10(around 13-14 would be appropriate), some Pokemon are dangerous, trainers are more realistic, etc
 
#4
Nov 12, 2:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 798
@Sphinxter that sounds amazing, have you read siscon to brocon? You would love it lol
Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate
 
#5
Nov 12, 2:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 686
I'm going to take the title literally and just say what my ideal anime would visually look like.

Bright colors, no CGI, painterly backgrounds, eyes that take up at least 70% of the face, sharp teeth, mouths that are triangular when open, spiky hair, characters frequently make exaggerated facial expressions and turn super deformed during comic relief scenes...

So basically... what anime looked like in the 90s and y2k.
Modified by HeruruMeruru, Nov 12, 10:22 PM
 
#6
Nov 12, 2:24 AM

Online
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 4653
It would look like a combination of: (will be further expanded, but not in this post, as I watch more anime)

1. Angel Blade *I completed it yesterday. Seriously the best fucking Hentai in existence. Going to watch the sequel (Angel Blade Punish!) soon.

2. Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge

3. School Days *I erased my progress on a number of anime because I have to watch them again for MBTI. My ideal anime would include an adaptation of EVERY Visual Novel that ends with Days. (School Days, Shiny/Summer Days, Cross Days, Island Days, and Strip Battle Days, 2.)

4. Seikon no Qwaser



5. ViVid Strike! (AND Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid)

6. Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi

7. Metal Fighter Miku

8. Kakutou Bijin Wulong

9. Ikkitousen

10. Ayane-chan High Kick!


^So, my personal favorite martial arts series.



I would want an anime that mixes ALL of those together and every character from each engages in the events from all of them. I will figure out a way to do that.

And this doesn't even include manga and manhwa that should be animated.
(Mostly) MBTI blog coming before 2020!


Expect a Girls of the Wild's set soon motherfucker.~
*No signature clicking until I make said set.



Filter my anime list by fetish:
Ass - Boxing - Bunny - Catfight - S&M - Wrestling
 
#7
Nov 12, 2:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 926
It would be written like Ousama Game, but shittier and even more of a hilarious dumpster fire
 
#8
Nov 12, 2:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 70
1. A battle shounen deconstruction (no HxH is NOT a deconstruction).
2. Pokemon, but with great worldbuilding and well written characters.
 
#9
Nov 12, 2:58 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 185
Lol, I was actually thinking about that yesterday.
Basically, I would take the best "ingredients" that can already be found in other animes:

- First of all, I would want KyoAni to make it. It's the only studio to make a consistantly great animation. The others are too irregular.
Ufotable makes great action scenes, but when there's no action the animation is too lacking (way too still most of the time).
Madhouse is always praised for One Punch Man and Death Note, but everyone forgets they also did other stuff (like... Chaos;Head).
(Of course I'm not shitting on those studio, or any others ; but I would definitely choose KyoAni for my ideal anime).

- I would want it to make me feel something strong, so obviously I would want Key Studio involved in the story.

- Despite all its flaws, I always found Bleach had a cast full of awesome characters. They're badass, charismatic and fun. Also, I always liked the pretty mature chara-design. So basically, I would like Tite Kubo to make the characters (but I would leave someone else write their stories xD).

- About the visuals, I don't mind the colorful anime style, but I would like it to be discreet. For example, I think Hibike Euphonium has a great visual atmosphere: it feels "realistic" (not too bright, not too dark) despite the characters' green hair and golden eyes.

- Kajiura Yuki should be the composer, that's a no brainer. If Key Studio is involved, I wouldn't mind them making the OST as well (especially the songs).

- As for the seiyuus, anyone would do. Most of the time the seiyuus make a great job. Although, many people complain when they hear a famous voice, so maybe we should engage new talents that aren't widely known in the industry.

- The world must make the viewer want to go there. A fantasy world like Pokemon would definitely be perfect with proper storytelling, but I think even a "normal" world can be appealing.

- In terms of story, I won't give specifics. I'm open to everything, really. I only have a few conditions:
1) A lot must happen in the story. I'm not saying it should go as fast as possible, but I just want the viewer to feel like it was a ride worth of their time.
2) As a consequence, I would want an anime with at least 40 episodes. Around 50, that's the ideal length in my opinion. More than that often winds up stretched (they either make the story slower than needed, or put fillers).
3) Of course, a relatively long anime can wind up boring, so the story shouldn't be too long to start. Death Note, for example, makes a great job at booting the entire story in 2 episodes.
4) We should avoid inconsistencies as much as possible. Of course, as long as we use supernatural elements it can't be 100% coherent, but at the very least, the characters' decisions and the way the events unfold should be believable.

- I would want it to be mature. By that, I don't mean "with gory and sexual stuff", I don't care about any of those. I want it to feel adult, like Clannad After Story. Without graphic scenes, without sex, After Story managed to be adult (in regard to the stories it tells), and it's so rare in that medium...
Basically, I want to have adult characters instead of the usual teenagers.

- Finally, I love it when the story makes me think. I want to learn something from it. I would want the viewer to feel like they understood the meaning of Life after watching it xD.


I think that's pretty much it xD. どう 思う? 凄いでしょう ?
Modified by Dante012, Nov 12, 3:04 AM
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
 
Nov 12, 3:15 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 2
Well it must have a catchy story amazing unique art great characters and potential of continuity forever
 
Nov 12, 5:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3406
The animation quality of a Disney saturday morning cartoon from the 90's (Ducktales, Tale Spin, Goof Troops), the background art quality from Seirei no Moribito, the character designs from FLCL or Avatar the Last Airbender (look like anime, but also realistic), the direction of Miyazaki or Takahata when it comes to drama and character interactions, and Hiroyuki Imaishi for action, normal situational comedy (none of that lazy boke-tsukkomi routine), music by Yoko Kanno or Kenji Kawai. With all of that, the story can be anything and I'm sure the anime will turn out to be one of the best things ever made.
 
Nov 12, 7:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 8087
Anything remotely close to the Aria Series. The impersonification of the word Perfection and the Yardstick of how a story should be told and given a closure.
<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

 
Nov 12, 8:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1901
Mahou Tsukai no Yome
Magi: Kingdom of Magic

And other serious magic teachining/learning/experiencing series with the visuals of Yome. The adventure of Magi and the tone of either ef:A Tale of Melodies or Fate.
 
Nov 12, 8:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 470
Honestly it would be Hunter x Hunter, but finished and with Gon and Killua around 3 years older.
 
Nov 12, 8:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 242
For me, it would be a story with a male MC who's not a teenage Japanese boy but a black or someone of African or African-American descent raised and brought up in modern-day Japan since he was a very small kid. He would have an Osananajimi girl who's Japanese and we can see some harem+interracial romance/romcom in it.

I'd probably be so euphoric and happy if such an anime would be made. But realistically speaking, the chances of Japs making such an anime or LN would be extremely low ? Can't anyone in the States do what the Japanese won't and make an anime like that with Moe cute art style ?
Modified by Ehurvaks, Nov 12, 8:11 AM
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
 
Nov 12, 8:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 12979
Mine would have cute girls with great personalities and a great story. Something like Yama no Susume, Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, Sora Yori, or Anne of Green Gables.
 
Nov 12, 10:33 AM

Online
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 737
An anime with great characters and beautiful world building with limit less possibilities.
“The sound of the Gion Shoja temple bells echoes the impermanence of all things;
The color of the sala flowers reveals the truth that to flourish is to fall.
The proud do not endure, like a passing dream on a night in spring;
The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.”


 
Nov 12, 11:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 188
Perfect anime must contain following aspect:
1. It must be cute
2. It must be funny
3. It must be inspirational
Something like Barakamon, or when Spy x Family is adapted into anime.
Oh, and I am actually looking for a girlfriend to talk about anime, novels, and beyond. If you are single and interested just tell me. (Serious)
 
Nov 12, 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 297
I'd like an anime about Ancient Roman prostitutes who are also magical girls made by Kunihiko Ikuhara. It would be absolutely insane.
#PrayForKyoAni
 
Nov 12, 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 2061
Space opera like Mass Effect but anime version or Bioshock anime version.




私のためにあなたの愛は存在しない場合でも
あなたのための私の愛は常に無限になります。

 
Nov 12, 11:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 4467
Hasn't this thread been done before?
My ideal anime would be an isekai, where the fantasy world is based off of Feudal Japan, except the main character transported there is a black woman. So when she arrives in the fantasy world, everyone treats her like an abomination. She's tasked with saving the world if she wants to get back to her own world, by a super power being. Unfortunately, like Subaru, she's incredibly weak, so she often gets the utter shit beaten out of her. She does get stronger, but not OP strong, having to fight opponents that are WAY stronger than her.
The nihilistic and hopeless tone would resemble Dark Souls, with a feeling of brutality and rage like Berserk. However, there'd be some episodic stories with a sweet and magical tone like Mushishi and Natsume's Book of Friends.
The black woman in the beginning is a very extroverted, cheerful woman. However, after getting transported into the fantasy world, being treated like shit, constantly beaten, she becomes much angrier and cold. But as she journeys, she gets her own party of friends, who help her become a more positive person again.
The aesthetics would resemble the Berserk manga, but of course, it wouldn't look as high quality.
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days



 
Nov 12, 11:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 153
IpreferEcchi said:
It would look like a combination of: (will be further expanded, but not in this post, as I watch more anime)

1. Angel Blade *I completed it yesterday. Seriously the best fucking Hentai in existence. Going to watch the sequel (Angel Blade Punish!) soon.
[/size]

how can you say that when you have carrera pasted all over you? for me it's only the second next to viper gts.
 
Nov 12, 11:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 890
Add KyoAni level of production to Konohana Kitan and it would be my absolute ideal anime.
 
Nov 12, 11:50 AM

Online
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 4653
nyugvo6 said:
how can you say that when you have carrera pasted all over you? for me it's only the second next to viper gts.

I got a boner for all 3 episodes of Angel Blade, and Ayame's rape in episode 1 was hotter than ALL of Viper GTS. I only got a boner for episode 1 of Viper.

I'm using Carrera because she has the same MBTI as me. I analyze the personalities of the female characters in everything I watch. I can't use Shaiya from Angel Blade because she doesn't have official art that works for an avatar/signature.
(Mostly) MBTI blog coming before 2020!


Expect a Girls of the Wild's set soon motherfucker.~
*No signature clicking until I make said set.



Filter my anime list by fetish:
Ass - Boxing - Bunny - Catfight - S&M - Wrestling
 
Nov 12, 12:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 515
A sports anime centered around badminton. Has the crazy superpowers of Kuroko no Basket or Prince of Tennis and with the character depth and true-to-life charm of Chihayafuru.
Stay Strong, KyoAni.
 
Nov 12, 12:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 798
IpreferEcchi said:
It would look like a combination of: (will be further expanded, but not in this post, as I watch more anime)

1. Angel Blade *I completed it yesterday. Seriously the best fucking Hentai in existence. Going to watch the sequel (Angel Blade Punish!) soon.

2. Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge

3. School Days *I erased my progress on a number of anime because I have to watch them again for MBTI. My ideal anime would include an adaptation of EVERY Visual Novel that ends with Days. (School Days, Shiny/Summer Days, Cross Days, Island Days, and Strip Battle Days, 2.)

4. Seikon no Qwaser



5. ViVid Strike! (AND Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid)

6. Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi

7. Metal Fighter Miku

8. Kakutou Bijin Wulong

9. Ikkitousen

10. Ayane-chan High Kick!


^So, my personal favorite martial arts series.



I would want an anime that mixes ALL of those together and every character from each engages in the events from all of them. I will figure out a way to do that.

And this doesn't even include manga and manhwa that should be animated.


Marvel: Infinity war is the most ambitious crossover in history...

You: Hold my degeneracy lol

RealTheAbsurdist said:
Hasn't this thread been done before?
My ideal anime would be an isekai, where the fantasy world is based off of Feudal Japan, except the main character transported there is a black woman. So when she arrives in the fantasy world, everyone treats her like an abomination. She's tasked with saving the world if she wants to get back to her own world, by a super power being. Unfortunately, like Subaru, she's incredibly weak, so she often gets the utter shit beaten out of her. She does get stronger, but not OP strong, having to fight opponents that are WAY stronger than her.
The nihilistic and hopeless tone would resemble Dark Souls, with a feeling of brutality and rage like Berserk. However, there'd be some episodic stories with a sweet and magical tone like Mushishi and Natsume's Book of Friends.
The black woman in the beginning is a very extroverted, cheerful woman. However, after getting transported into the fantasy world, being treated like shit, constantly beaten, she becomes much angrier and cold. But as she journeys, she gets her own party of friends, who help her become a more positive person again.
The aesthetics would resemble the Berserk manga, but of course, it wouldn't look as high quality.


hasn't literally every question been done before in some way or another in the distant past or distant future?

JustMonaka said:
Add KyoAni level of production to Konohana Kitan and it would be my absolute ideal anime.


You and my anime club VP would get along quite well

Ehurvaks said:
For me, it would be a story with a male MC who's not a teenage Japanese boy but a black or someone of African or African-American descent raised and brought up in modern-day Japan since he was a very small kid. He would have an Osananajimi girl who's Japanese and we can see some harem+interracial romance/romcom in it.

I'd probably be so euphoric and happy if such an anime would be made. But realistically speaking, the chances of Japs making such an anime or LN would be extremely low ? Can't anyone in the States do what the Japanese won't and make an anime like that with Moe cute art style ?


I'm lowkey writing something like that as we speak. As well as one that deals with a japanese girl getting pregnant in high school and going through that social stigma as well as deciding whether or not she should keep the baby.

Dante012 said:
Lol, I was actually thinking about that yesterday.
Basically, I would take the best "ingredients" that can already be found in other animes:

- First of all, I would want KyoAni to make it. It's the only studio to make a consistantly great animation. The others are too irregular.
Ufotable makes great action scenes, but when there's no action the animation is too lacking (way too still most of the time).
Madhouse is always praised for One Punch Man and Death Note, but everyone forgets they also did other stuff (like... Chaos;Head).
(Of course I'm not shitting on those studio, or any others ; but I would definitely choose KyoAni for my ideal anime).

- I would want it to make me feel something strong, so obviously I would want Key Studio involved in the story.

- Despite all its flaws, I always found Bleach had a cast full of awesome characters. They're badass, charismatic and fun. Also, I always liked the pretty mature chara-design. So basically, I would like Tite Kubo to make the characters (but I would leave someone else write their stories xD).

- About the visuals, I don't mind the colorful anime style, but I would like it to be discreet. For example, I think Hibike Euphonium has a great visual atmosphere: it feels "realistic" (not too bright, not too dark) despite the characters' green hair and golden eyes.

- Kajiura Yuki should be the composer, that's a no brainer. If Key Studio is involved, I wouldn't mind them making the OST as well (especially the songs).

- As for the seiyuus, anyone would do. Most of the time the seiyuus make a great job. Although, many people complain when they hear a famous voice, so maybe we should engage new talents that aren't widely known in the industry.

- The world must make the viewer want to go there. A fantasy world like Pokemon would definitely be perfect with proper storytelling, but I think even a "normal" world can be appealing.

- In terms of story, I won't give specifics. I'm open to everything, really. I only have a few conditions:
1) A lot must happen in the story. I'm not saying it should go as fast as possible, but I just want the viewer to feel like it was a ride worth of their time.
2) As a consequence, I would want an anime with at least 40 episodes. Around 50, that's the ideal length in my opinion. More than that often winds up stretched (they either make the story slower than needed, or put fillers).
3) Of course, a relatively long anime can wind up boring, so the story shouldn't be too long to start. Death Note, for example, makes a great job at booting the entire story in 2 episodes.
4) We should avoid inconsistencies as much as possible. Of course, as long as we use supernatural elements it can't be 100% coherent, but at the very least, the characters' decisions and the way the events unfold should be believable.

- I would want it to be mature. By that, I don't mean "with gory and sexual stuff", I don't care about any of those. I want it to feel adult, like Clannad After Story. Without graphic scenes, without sex, After Story managed to be adult (in regard to the stories it tells), and it's so rare in that medium...
Basically, I want to have adult characters instead of the usual teenagers.

- Finally, I love it when the story makes me think. I want to learn something from it. I would want the viewer to feel like they understood the meaning of Life after watching it xD.


I think that's pretty much it xD. どう 思う? 凄いでしょう ?


Love your ideas man and glad to see how well thought out it is, lots of good details

If you like adult stories I hope you're watching Babylon

Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate
 
Nov 12, 12:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 31710
I don't really have ONE perfect anime. I love a lot of vastly different genres and, at best, I could come up with my ideal versions for each one of them.

But if I had to pick it would probably be something episodic or with short arcs, with a great adult MC that leads an interesting and unusual life, has a cool job or hobby (maybe a collector of sorts where we follow him hunting for new stuff to add to his collection) and we simply follow him through his daily adventures and encounters.
Ideally with some kind of shintoist supernatural aspect to it that's subtle and not forced, but definitely present. It doesn't have to be the main theme of the show, but I love the shintoist worldview of spirits being everywhere and in everything, and I love MCs who can see or interact with that aspect of the environment. And if they can make it work, make the whole thing on a galactic scale and not just a planetary, with the MC traveling through space on a spaceship with a few crewmates (~2 or 3 max). And of course great writing, making every individual episode or short arc as memorable as a whole show

So basically some kind of hybrid of a bunch of my favorites (Master Keaton, Gallery Fake, Mushishi, Natsume, Cowboy Bebop, Space Dandy). And since this is about ideals, why not give it infinite episodes and have all my favorite directors and animators be the core staff members. Sounds perfect.

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.
 
Nov 12, 12:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 459
I don't really have an ideal anime, to be honest.

What I'd most want would be something like the Ryu Ga Gotoku series in anime form, animated (not written though) by Madhouse. That'd be a nice start.

Something similar to the first Bioshock game (or even to the latest Prey) could also be insanely cool, if done well.

Yakuza content in general could be awesome, but I guess it's just a taboo in the anime industry or maybe the Japanese public isn't hungry for things along the lines of Il Padrino, I don't really know.

Oh yeah last one, an excellent kendo anime. If they can make good anime out of a shit sport like volleyball or pijamaball, damn them they can do one about kendo too.
 
Nov 12, 12:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 4467
@Superns18

"hasn't literally every question been done before in some way or another in the distant past or distant future?"
Completely irrelevant to my question. Your statement is far too broad, lacks specific context, and does not relate to my question.
I do not care about the other contexts. That is not what my question relates to. I do not think it is okay to make a thread on a site that's already been made before. If I recall, the mods are supposed to lock any threads that are rehashes of another thread, but they're absolutely worthless at their job, because they're lazy and/or are as much troubled and disturbed as the many people on MAL.
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days



 
Nov 12, 12:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 133
A combination of Gurren Lagann, Monogatari & Steins: Gate that makes sense and is good and not too messy. I have no idea how that would work, but it sounds great to me.
 
Nov 12, 12:50 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 285
One piece but with Ufotable animation but with the same voice actors and the same OP/ED/OST of the original version.
Angel beats with a better artstyle
Konosuba without megumin lol
 
Nov 12, 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 7850
It would be a space opera like Legend of the Galactic Heroes with the romance subplot of Gundam 08th MS Team, and some single ship VS many ships tactical combat like Starship Operators. It would be a "real sci-fi" show using more realistic physics much like The Expanse.
"I am Holo the wisewolf, I know that there are things in this world that I do not know, that is what makes me wise."
-Holo (Spice & Wolf)
 
Nov 12, 2:53 PM
SternRitterE

Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 59
Superns18 said:
For me, it would be an isekai with an excellent job of world building, but not just with fights and characterisation. I'm talking economic and political world building. How will the characters trade, govern themselves and keep order. Log Horizon was the closest thing to the perfect isekai in my opinion because of this. It would also have a harem that would kind of blue ball us for a long time, similar to Bokuben where all the girls have a chance. Each girl would have a legit reason for liking the MC and would receive dedicated characterisation. They would all serve a purpose.

There would be now wasted space or concepts, everything introduced would be plot relevant and move the story further. The pacing would be just right, not too fast like Aincrad skipping all 100 floors, but not something incredibly drawn out like Fairy Tail. The series would also deal with serious emotional and mental issues like Koe No Katachi. So in a way, my ideal series is SAO Progressive mixed with Log Horizon, Tate No Yuusha, Mushoku tensei and Koe no Katachi. What about you?
Mine is very similar to yours except I would really want some grand blue humour in mine and that might just be the perfect anime for me.
 
Nov 12, 2:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 83
Anime adaptation of Emergence directed by Yamada Naoko
 
Nov 12, 3:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 168
I want an anime that sets in after apocalyptic world, where there are two main characters just live each day of their lives like their last. There's already an light novel very similar to it but I want more
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.
 
Nov 12, 3:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 777
Fight sequences like season 1 of OPM, visuals and art like Violet Evergarden and a story on the same level as Code Geass.




"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.




 
Nov 12, 4:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 153
IpreferEcchi said:
nyugvo6 said:
how can you say that when you have carrera pasted all over you? for me it's only the second next to viper gts.

I got a boner for all 3 episodes of Angel Blade, and Ayame's rape in episode 1 was hotter than ALL of Viper GTS. I only got a boner for episode 1 of Viper.

I'm using Carrera because she has the same MBTI as me. I analyze the personalities of the female characters in everything I watch. I can't use Shaiya from Angel Blade because she doesn't have official art that works for an avatar/signature.

I see your point, there's no arguing with this reasoning. I LOVE oobari's artstyle.

that said, I kept thinking about the topic and came up with an answer.
cybernetic guardian+precure+bleach.
 
Nov 12, 5:17 PM

Online
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 815
imagine a bishounen, shonen ai mech series with a premise that is as over the top as getter robo and gurren lagann with no cgi. Plus a soundtrack by jam project and mech design by masami oobari.




🅗🅐🅡🅓🅔🅡 🅓🅐🅓🅓🅨
 
Nov 12, 5:31 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 39
I’ve always wanted to see a fantasy YA series (yes...those...) be turned into an anime. The most similar I would say would be The Twelve Kingdoms which was technically an isekai. But something like The Falling Kingdoms series turned into an anime would be amazing.
 
Nov 12, 6:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 425
Kare Kano but Hideaki Anno was given full reign until the end

<--me rn


We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same
 
Nov 12, 8:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 16
The art style and atmosphere of Vampire knight and make it more mature/ dark and include a lot more sexy vampire girls (something that anime lacks).
 
Nov 12, 11:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 916
A dark High fantasy anime set in Late Antiquity like period (Fall of Rome). I would like it to maybe focus on a young king of a Germanic/Celtic like people trying to ensure their survival against an Imperial State (similar to Rome), harsher and harsher winters and an impending doom from the East while trying to assert himself as king with help from his group of friends (could have various talents and personalities)

Ideal Studio? Maybe WIT (work on Vinland has been pretty good in cases/the background team especially). Yukimura's art style is something similar to what I would like. (Vinland Saga/Planetes)

Also honestly I would love to see an anime about anything 40k (honestly just want well animated stuff for that franchise in general it's so under-utilized). Or just more historic settings from Ancient Antiquity up to the Cold War. Don't care where it's set could be action slice of life. I like to give any historical story the time of day.
Modified by TolkienFan365, Nov 12, 11:20 PM
 
Nov 12, 11:25 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 786
An anime adaption of Liar Game that has an anime original ending at musical chairs.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but it's probably going to involve frogs. I freakin' hate those things."
- Albert Einstein
 
Nov 12, 11:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 798
[/quote]Mine is very similar to yours except I would really want some grand blue humour in mine and that might just be the perfect anime for me.[/quote]

Nice, I haven't seen Grandblue yet, but I play the game and a lot of the people I know also really enjoy it, do you like Azur lane?

TolkienFan365 said:
A dark High fantasy anime set in Late Antiquity like period (Fall of Rome). I would like it to maybe focus on a young king of a Germanic/Celtic like people trying to ensure their survival against an Imperial State (similar to Rome), harsher and harsher winters and an impending doom from the East while trying to assert himself as king with help from his group of friends (could have various talents and personalities)

Ideal Studio? Maybe WIT (work on Vinland has been pretty good in cases/the background team especially). Yukimura's art style is something similar to what I would like. (Vinland Saga/Planetes)

Also honestly I would love to see an anime about anything 40k (honestly just want well animated stuff for that franchise in general it's so under-utilized). Or just more historic settings from Ancient Antiquity up to the Cold War. Don't care where it's set could be action slice of life. I like to give any historical story the time of day.


So you like things like Kingdom and Golden Kamuy for example.

johnbradshaw said:
I want an anime that sets in after apocalyptic world, where there are two main characters just live each day of their lives like their last. There's already an light novel very similar to it but I want more


what's the LN? I wanna check it out

Issmail22Lawfy said:
One piece but with Ufotable animation but with the same voice actors and the same OP/ED/OST of the original version.
Angel beats with a better artstyle
Konosuba without megumin lol


dude I thought I was the only one who did not care for Megumin. Personally, Aqua is my best girl.

RealTheAbsurdist said:
@Superns18

"hasn't literally every question been done before in some way or another in the distant past or distant future?"
Completely irrelevant to my question. Your statement is far too broad, lacks specific context, and does not relate to my question.
I do not care about the other contexts. That is not what my question relates to. I do not think it is okay to make a thread on a site that's already been made before. If I recall, the mods are supposed to lock any threads that are rehashes of another thread, but they're absolutely worthless at their job, because they're lazy and/or are as much troubled and disturbed as the many people on MAL.


No, it is completely relevant. Just don't comment then if you cba participating in good faith. Jesus, some of the people on this site.
Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate
 
Nov 13, 12:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 916
@Superns18

Kind of I am thinking a combination of Yona of the Dawn, The Ancient Magus Bride (the Celtic mysticism parts) Vinland Saga more. Kingdom is way more battle focused than what I would want. Especially in that period you don't have to have struggles purely around battles. Plus I would want something way more grimdark than all four of those series.
 
Nov 13, 12:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 798
@TolkienFan365 Ah I see, so more on inner character battles, like within the self
Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate
 
Nov 13, 3:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 4467
Superns18 said:

No, it is completely relevant. Just don't comment then if you cba participating in good faith. Jesus, some of the people on this site.


Again, your comment is absolutely worthless: just like Yarub's "arguments", but even more. All you're saying here is, "it's relevant". How? Just like most MAL users, you want to argue for the sake of arguing.
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days



 
Nov 13, 3:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1302
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Superns18 said:

No, it is completely relevant. Just don't comment then if you cba participating in good faith. Jesus, some of the people on this site.


Again, your comment is absolutely worthless: just like Yarub's "arguments", but even more. All you're saying here is, "it's relevant". How? Just like most MAL users, you want to argue for the sake of arguing.
Can you fight your battles without pulling others into your so called "arguments"? I do wonder what happened with "I don't want to name people"...


“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
 
Nov 13, 4:05 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 174
It is funny how only two people here emphasize on world building. Spending time on world building sound cool on paper but when most people watch it they complaint about slow pacing. Vinland Saga seems to get that comment. I guess why every isekai writer skip world building or do a poor job at it. Cough Shield Hero Cough
Don't be a self pretentious that is the most gayest thing ever
English Dubs are better than subs
You all have anime profile pic so you opinion doesn't count
Your Waifu is trash
Cory in the house is the best anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA
Japanese are one of the most xenophobic nations
My Anime List looks like a website from 1990s
 
Nov 13, 4:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 455
I'm not sure that me or any other layman and non-artist designing an "ideal anime" would lead to anything but more mediocre "designed by marketing research and comittee" results. Because that method is pretty much what produces half a dozen dismal isekai clones per season already.

An ideal anime should suprise me with ideas and execution I wouldnt have been able to come up with myself. I'm not an anime artist / writer exactly because I'm not good at coming up with new and unique creative entertainment ideas which are not just lukewarm remakes of existing ideas. Ikuhara comes fairly close to my ideal, his ideas never cease to positively suprise me, even when his execution fails at times.
Modified by inim, Nov 13, 4:46 AM

 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »