Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 10, 2019 11:11 PM

Jun 2016
Anyone else hearing it's going to be a bad winter this year? People from Chicago to NYC to Pittsburgh to Toronto to Halifax And anywhere north of Toronto Is going to be hit hard. For example I'm getting 35cm tonight and It's not even mid November :O
Nov 10, 2019 11:14 PM

Jan 2009
im gonna wait for the inevitable meme tweet of Trump saying "this cold is proof that global warming is a hoax!"

global warming melts more ice that makes winter more cold
Nov 10, 2019 11:15 PM

Aug 2014
Last winter it got down to negative 19 F here. Earlier tonight I realized it's going to snow here for 30 hours straight! The first snow of the season in my area was on Halloween. Winter is not going to be fun.
Nov 11, 2019 1:03 AM

Jul 2016
Sure fuckin' hope not. I live on a steep hill, so when it snows it becomes a steep slide
Nov 11, 2019 1:18 AM
Aug 2016
Anyone else hearing it's going to be a bad winter in US this year? People from Chicago to NYC to Pittsburgh to Toronto to Halifax And anywhere north of Toronto Is going to be hit hard. For example I'm getting 35cm tonight and It's not even mid November :O

There, fixed.
Not everyone is from US, so you should mention that.

Dunno how's there, but here is still autumn and it's pretty sunny outside even if it's kinda cold, like only 15 degrees Celsius, but it's not even noon yet. It will probably be warmer in a few hours.
I heard that in my country it won't even snow this year, which is not something unusual since in the past few years it's been that way. Last year we barely even got some snow. I remember when I was a kid that in some years the schools would even be closed because of too much snow, but now we barely get snow, and it used to snow in December when I was a kid, but now it starts only in January or February.
I remember one year it started to snow in April when flowers were already blooming and trees already started to grow leaves. We had 2 winters that year.
Something that didn't change at all here is that in June is the rainy season where we have almost daily torrential storms and in July and August everything will be burning hot, like even up to 32 - 35 degrees Celsius, probably even worse.
Oh, another thing that didn't change here is that even if it doesn't snow, the temperatures in winter will go even to -20 degrees Celsius or even below that.
Season aren't what they used to be in my opinion.
Nov 11, 2019 1:41 AM

Feb 2015
Wouldn't have known about the early snowfall if not for some Finnish guy posting a picture of his town in snow on Discord.

Looks like the Siberian winds came in strong this year. I'm wondering now how cold the northeast monsoon will be this time around in the Philippines, because last time it dropped to 15.8°C in Manila and about 7°C in Baguio.

Nov 11, 2019 10:15 AM
May 2016
Snow is fun, isn't it? I don't remember how snowy last year was. I shall go back and look at pictures

oh, looks like I took no pictures outside...
Nov 11, 2019 10:27 AM

Feb 2019
Last year we had heavy snow in Louisiana for the first time in like 20 years so if we get it again that would be cool. We're usually 90 degrees with 100% humidity so I welcome any weather that doesn't turn my waist-long hair into an afro.
Nov 11, 2019 10:38 AM
Feb 2017
I rarely get snow where I’m from. We get it like once every 3-4 years.
Nov 11, 2019 10:41 AM

Sep 2017
Same here, it used to snow at least a few times per winter, but since a few years winters got dryer but still cold
Nov 11, 2019 2:31 PM

Jun 2016
Kuroko-chan said:
Anyone else hearing it's going to be a bad winter in US this year? People from Chicago to NYC to Pittsburgh to Toronto to Halifax And anywhere north of Toronto Is going to be hit hard. For example I'm getting 35cm tonight and It's not even mid November :O

There, fixed.
Not everyone is from US, so you should mention that.

Dunno how's there, but here is still autumn and it's pretty sunny outside even if it's kinda cold, like only 15 degrees Celsius, but it's not even noon yet. It will probably be warmer in a few hours.
I heard that in my country it won't even snow this year, which is not something unusual since in the past few years it's been that way. Last year we barely even got some snow. I remember when I was a kid that in some years the schools would even be closed because of too much snow, but now we barely get snow, and it used to snow in December when I was a kid, but now it starts only in January or February.
I remember one year it started to snow in April when flowers were already blooming and trees already started to grow leaves. We had 2 winters that year.
Something that didn't change at all here is that in June is the rainy season where we have almost daily torrential storms and in July and August everything will be burning hot, like even up to 32 - 35 degrees Celsius, probably even worse.
Oh, another thing that didn't change here is that even if it doesn't snow, the temperatures in winter will go even to -20 degrees Celsius or even below that.
Season aren't what they used to be in my opinion.

I know. I'm not American but I did also say US for a reason. I also said Toronto which is Capital of Canada. :)

Maritime exposure lessons the winter so large Alaskan cities like Juneau & Anchorage have been having little flux in winters where as more landlocked regions such as the continental US has large swamps of interior region that are more effected by a weak jet-stream (Polar Vortex) and will not have seen snow like this for a long time.

Especially the more Eastern regions like Ontario, Quebec, Buffalo, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Nova Scotia and Maine. Thus why I mentioned Chicago, NYC, Pittsburgh, Toronto and Halifax. Continental U.S. From Midwest to far East will experience the largest flux and I've been seeing lots of reports about it being a gnarly winter with high levels of snow. I could have refereed to the entire world but it would actually be the opposite in a lot of cases and what I'm saying would make zero sense to those not in the regions specified.

Many subarctic regions with high maritime exposure have been seeing less drastic change in winters (albeit still change) outside of the interior and along the coast (Iceland, Greenland, Norway, Finland, Svalbard, etc.) Of course these places year in and year out experience much harsher winters than Midwest or NYC.

SadMadoka said:
Last winter it got down to negative 19 F here. Earlier tonight I realized it's going to snow here for 30 hours straight! The first snow of the season in my area was on Halloween. Winter is not going to be fun.

The first large snow fall I had this year was Halloween as well. xD My family in Quebec City had snow almost a week earlier. Usually that doesn't happen over there by mid-November. Wisconsin where I go camping is also experiencing some crazy early winter weather.

Buckle up people it's gonna be a good one. :D

--Cheers! :)
Nov 11, 2019 5:34 PM

Oct 2017
Thank god I left Canada for Australia then Texas. I'm enjoying the sunny days, a little chill but it gets warm by afternoon.

Well I hope yall have a good winter season.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Nov 11, 2019 6:44 PM

Jul 2015
It's been snowing since holloween here in Chicago. But we probably won't get the brunt of it until January/February like earlier this year.
Nov 11, 2019 6:56 PM
Jul 2018
Great, can't wait for snow, used to live where it begins to snow in late October and until late March. I hate summer.
Nov 12, 2019 1:33 AM
Aug 2016
JazzPop said:
I know. I'm not American but I did also say US for a reason.

You didn't say US, that's why I said ''fixed'' and bold the text, because that part was not in the original post.
Nov 12, 2019 4:31 AM

Sep 2014
It already started snowing a little bit while ago but it really was snowing yesterday
damn time to start wearing winter boots/shoveling again 😑

Just hope there won't be ice rain again that was the worst, had blackout for few months and the entire house was freezing cold that the goldfish died
sunsetoceanNov 12, 2019 4:36 AM

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Nov 12, 2019 3:27 PM

Sep 2007
It hasn't snowed here in six years. I'm more likely to get eaten by a shark.

Nov 12, 2019 3:31 PM

Feb 2019
I don't mind snow, but I don't think I'll get any over here.
Nov 13, 2019 1:32 PM

May 2016
I usually love the winter but ever since I moved up further north its made me good ole warm Texas weather. Really not looking forward to this winter.
Nov 13, 2019 8:58 PM

Jun 2016
This year has had weather extremes in general for my area. Yesterday it was snowing mixed with sleet/freezing rain, whereas in early October it was still hot and humid outside and July had days that felt like 100+ degrees (Fahrenheit).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 3 hours ago

8 by kusairo »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 10 hours ago

10 by Dracowyn »»
18 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 2 hours ago

2 by LenRea »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 11 hours ago

25 by Dracowyn »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

674 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.