Forum Settings
Forums

What was the biggest physical pain you ever felt?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Nov 9, 5:12 PM

When I was around 10 or so, I was by my dad's car and my little brother was playing inside of it. He managed somehow to let the handbrake loose and the car ran over my left foot. I broke my pinky toe, it hurt like hell, the doctor even had to remove fragments of the nail and nail itself.

Even talking about it makes me feel like a weakling because who even breaks their pinky toe and calls it the biggest pain they ever felt?
"The one with the biggest brains have the smallest penile lengths." - Jordan B. Peterson

Nov 9, 5:48 PM

just hit my toe against the corner of a wall a while ago. too painful

Nov 9, 5:50 PM

I use to get hurt a lot as a child from what I've been told by my parents. They said that I'd have to wear a helmet when I got older lol. However, I don't have any memory of injuries back then so I guess I'd have to say when I was in my freshman or sophomore year of high school I'd randomly start having problems with my heart where every time I took a deep breath, it would experience sharp pain. It would just come and go at random, but it eventually stopped and I couldn't tell you why or how it came to be or why it left.

Nov 9, 5:53 PM

when I've had a tremendous urge to urinate.

Nov 9, 6:06 PM
UwU

Dislocated my left knee when I was young, that was pretty bad. Blinding, white-hot pain
also, cramps. A dull ache in my back and lower abdomen. it was so unconformable & painful.

"The Imagination is a weapon
 Those who don't use it die first."

Nov 9, 6:13 PM

I've experienced a lot of different horrible pains through out my life, but I won't go into details... and actually passed out a couple of times too (^_^;)

Nov 9, 6:23 PM

I have had several scars on the same knee. Yeah, each wound hurt like hell.

Also when I have time without shaving my testicles and I have sweat in the scrotum, the hairs stay stuck in the pants. And when I take off my pants, it's like pulling each hair out of my head with my hand.

─Γ@π▓×▄×░]┐⌡ϟ~

Nov 9, 7:24 PM

Only weak people feel pain. Every once in a while I'll wake up to nocturnal leg cramps and you know what I do? Nothing. I just take it like a champ. Meanwhile you chumps would be screaming for mommy to grab the morphine. Really goes to show who's the big boy around here.

Take me into your heart

Accept me as your savior

Nail me to the cross

And let me be reborn

Nov 9, 7:34 PM

when i was much younger i was running barefoot on a treadmill and tripped
there was something at the back that stopped my fall, but my foot ended up on the treadmill and scraped away the bottom of my big toe until it was bright red
it was hard to wear socks for a month

Nov 9, 7:58 PM
SAC

Fractured my ankle in grade 6
when you fracture your ankle it doesnt fully break so you can still walk on it but it hurts like hell

Nov 9, 8:34 PM

Circumcision.

It was done to me and my brother when were in kindergarden by a muslim priest without any medical background without anesthesia (though i dont know if its even possible to do Circumcision with anesthesia).

But ya. i remember every second of that torture.

I was made to sit down on my fathers lap, the priest was smiling, i had my pants pulled down to knees.

"Look, a golden bird" said the priest pointing to the other direction. I knew there was no golden bird but i HAD to look away and the moment i looked away. ah. smh.

i would prefer dying than experiencing that pain ever again. There was nights when my penis half healed skin used to stuck to the blanket and hurt like hell every day when i tried to pull it out.

PAIN. yOU DONT KNOW IT.

Nov 9, 8:41 PM

I think it was when I had gout. It was in my foot. I was about 10 years old and I don't remember it that well. But it was either that or the time I had pneumonia. I believe I threw up 14 times in just one night. It was awful. Period cramps are also definitely up there. They can get very bad.

Nov 9, 11:20 PM

I have a ridiculously high pain tolerance so stuff that'd make your average person cry I'm not even that phased by (and I've endured some pretty harsh stuff). But a few years ago I developed an eye disorder called Keratoconus that required me to go through a procedure to stop it from progressing any further. This procedure involved splashing my eyes with acid and keeping them pried open for over an hour while they're shot with lasers the entire time. And unfortunately for some bizarre reason my body is completely immune to a lot of painkillers even some of the heavy duty shit only hospitals have access to. Which already wasn't fun during the procedure but later that night when the real pain came on and there was nothing I could do about it I basically spent the next several hours all throughout the night stamping and yelling in agony lol that really sucked.

Nov 10, 12:48 AM

Meningitis, 3 solid weeks of pass out pain, literally unable to move a muscle or eat and drink anything.

It puts things Ive had to my like a damaged nerve, dog claw into the eyeball and shaved bones into perspective.

Nov 10, 3:36 AM

When my childhood best friend fractured my left arm when she fell on it with her butt. We were dumb little kids and wanted to play a dangerous game in the snow. It wasn't such a good idea. The worst part is she fell right on my elbow.

Nov 10, 7:33 AM

Probably the time I was punched in the stomach by my neighbor, because I laughed at him for being turned down by my sister.

Nov 10, 7:35 AM

foscor70 said:
Circumcision.

It was done to me and my brother when were in kindergarden by a muslim priest without any medical background without anesthesia (though i dont know if its even possible to do Circumcision with anesthesia).

I was made to sit down on my fathers lap, the priest was smiling, i had my pants pulled down to knees.

"Look, a golden bird" said the priest pointing to the other direction. I knew there was no golden bird but i HAD to look away and the moment i looked away. ah. smh.

i would prefer dying than experiencing that pain ever again. There was nights when my penis half healed skin used to stuck to the blanket and hurt like hell every day when i tried to pull it out.

PAIN. yOU DONT KNOW IT.
In my opinion such things ought to be outlawed.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”

Nov 10, 7:37 AM

Kosmonaut said:
Probably the time I was punched in the stomach by my neighbor, because I laughed at him for being turned down by my sister.

Can't get more beta than that, holy soyshit

Nov 10, 7:41 AM

Esquirtit said:
Kosmonaut said:

Can't get more beta than that, holy soyshit
I have a peak beta male reputation to keep, you see? But I did have my sister stand up for me.

@Luchse it seems I have come out on top. Nothing like winning with a 30 posts lead.

Nov 10, 7:42 AM

Kosmonaut said:
@Luchse it seems I have come out on top. Nothing like winning with a 30 posts lead.
Worry not for I'll be following you right behind!

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”

Nov 10, 7:44 AM
Circumcision :)) Especially when you have to wait weeks to let it recover. I can't sleep or move leisurely, it's horrible x(
ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃᶦᵗ ᶠᵒʳ ᴹᵃʲᵒ ⁿᵒ ᵀᵃᵇᶦᵗᵃᵇᶦ ᵃⁿᶦᵐᵉ ˣ⁾

Nov 10, 7:48 AM

Fell of my bicycle once while going downhill at about 25-ish mph. Thankfully I had a helmet but I lost a lot of skin on my arms/side/legs. Worst injury I've got so far.

Nov 10, 7:55 AM

Luchse said:
foscor70 said:
Circumcision.

Totally. its a bizarre archaic tradition.

My 1.5 year old cousin is going to get circumcised soon too. i keep telling his parents how useless it is and i can see that they too think its just nonsensical torture but im sure they will eventually gonna get him circumcised due to family pressure which is a big thing in here. ;/

Nov 10, 7:56 AM

foscor70 said:
Luchse said:

My 1.5 year old cousin is going to get circumcised soon too. i keep telling his parents how useless it is and i can see that they too think its just nonsensical torture but im sure they will eventually gonna get him circumcised due to family pressure which is a big thing in here. ;/
I find it to be naught but a disgusting thing. Was lucky to be born in a place where it isn't practiced.

Nov 10, 8:00 AM

@foscor70, I'm actually surprised that people actually do such dumb and completely unnecessary thing. Luckily I wasn't born in a such country with such "traditions".

Nov 10, 8:02 AM
Forum Moderator
Bot Hunter

Either me breaking my arm at age 4 or me getting a kidney stone two years ago.
One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight
Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other
A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and killed those two dead boys

Nov 10, 8:16 AM

Luchse said:
foscor70 said:

I find it to be naught but a disgusting thing. Was lucky to be born in a place where it isn't practiced.

If the developing world dont end up dead then i can see this tradition dying out within 100 years at least in my country for sure. ALL of my Muslim friends have the same opinion as me. Heck they dont even want kids (except some lovestruck fellows). Thanks to education and internet, they are being aware of the ideologies from the developed world.

Nov 10, 11:17 AM

I split my head open when I was around 4, that sucked. As for more current experiences, around two and a half years ago I tore a UCL (ulnar collateral ligament) in my right thumb, it hurt like a bitch and it still hurts a bit when I bend/flex my thumb too much.

Nov 10, 11:55 AM

Coming off psych pills caused a lot of shitty body aches to occur in my chest area as well as induced headaches that were also in my neck and shoulders. The worst of it now is just headaches.

Nov 10, 12:45 PM

When I was 10 at school, at this age I was a little bit dumb.. I tried to climb a high wire mesh, result, I failed and I felt in the head, it was more than 2 meters above the ground.. My head opened and the blood squirted all over the ground. I was conscious and crying in silence, the teacher called the ambulance and the medic was stitched me instantly when he came, so I was conscious. All the children were spread out so as not to see the scene. I can't forget this scene..
First deserve, then desire
I apologize in advance for my spelling in English, I just had school lessons to learn the language.

Nov 10, 12:49 PM

Either the really awful toothaches I used to get when I was in secondary school before the dentist operated on me. The only way I could get any relief was by gargling salt water. Or the day I left the hospital with my leg in a cast after I got hit by that car when I was 16. I was walking up a steep incline with friends and family heading home when I got the worst cramps ever in my leg. Because those muscles hadn't been used in a long time they just kept seizing up. I was screaming in agony.

Nov 10, 12:50 PM

I was swinging a baseball bar around and accidentally hit the bone that pokes out from my ankle (dunno what it's called).

Nov 10, 12:54 PM

suddenly got really intense stomach pain once when i was 12 or something and went to the doctors about it. it really hurt for a while and then suddenly went away again after a while. still don't know what was up with me that day lol

Nov 10, 1:02 PM

Kidney Stone

It's awful. It's SO awful...like intolerably awful. You can't get relief for anything. I remember just laying in bed and crying. They say it's worse than labor pains...which I can believe because you will get relief in between those.

Infected tooth is also a really bad one. No amount of painkillers can fix either of these problems.

You just want someone to beat you unconscious to escape the pain. lol

Nov 10, 3:42 PM

foscor70 said:
Circumcision.

PAIN. yOU DONT KNOW IT.

White_Hollow said:
Circumcision :)) Especially when you have to wait weeks to let it recover. I can't sleep or move leisurely, it's horrible x(
Fuck dudes, that sounds horrible. That shit should be banned everywhere, unless it's medically necessary.
"The one with the biggest brains have the smallest penile lengths." - Jordan B. Peterson

Nov 10, 3:59 PM

Having shingles my Jr year of high school was probably the most painful period of time in my life in terms of physical pain.

Nov 10, 4:01 PM

When I was undergoing mace training for my job at the police department and I had to get maced.

Nov 10, 5:05 PM
Bakchos said:
foscor70 said:
Circumcision.

PAIN. yOU DONT KNOW IT.

White_Hollow said:
Fuck dudes, that sounds horrible. That shit should be banned everywhere, unless it's medically necessary.

Well, a clean pee pee is necessary if you ask me.
ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃᶦᵗ ᶠᵒʳ ᴹᵃʲᵒ ⁿᵒ ᵀᵃᵇᶦᵗᵃᵇᶦ ᵃⁿᶦᵐᵉ ˣ⁾

Nov 10, 9:08 PM

Fell asleep outside eating croissants with nutella and woke up with a shitload of ants biting me and no source of water nearby

QPR said:
Meningitis, 3 solid weeks of pass out pain, literally unable to move a muscle or eat and drink anything.

It puts things Ive had to my like a damaged nerve, dog claw into the eyeball and shaved bones into perspective.

This is my worst nightmare. Did it leave you with any permanent damage?

Nov 10, 9:10 PM

I had a door break my right ring finger in middle school. Being kicked in the balls ain't that fun either.

Nov 10, 9:54 PM

Those two times I sprained my ankle hurt like a BITCH! I still feel pain in that ankle sometimes if I put pressure on it the wrong way for some reason
A treasure the color of the rainbow, the color of happiness

Nov 10, 10:23 PM

Femur = Clean Compound Fracture, It Broke At The Thickest Part Of The Thickest Bone In The Human Body. Thank God I Was In Shock And Was In And Out Until They Could Get Me Off The Ice On A Stretcher & To The Hospital To Knock Me Out With A Shot Of Morphine. (Also Fractured A Vertebrae In That Same Incident)
... Wouldn't Recommend It.!!!

Nov 11, 12:11 AM

SamHandwich said:

This is my worst nightmare. Did it leave you with any permanent damage?

Meningitis yes, it's basically your brain swelling and then getting crushed by your skull, feels like there an elephant on your head. I went from a kid full of energy to someone who could never have enough sleep.

Eye - I can see it nick that the claw took out of my eyeball if I look at a plain wall. Being able to see with your eyes closed was pretty freaky, even more so that everything was red too, I had to have my eyelid stitched up, I was offered the chance to have the dog put down and I said no.

Shaved bones, pretty much meant I had to give up sports.

Nov 11, 12:12 AM

Ashscot said:
Dislocating my knee while playing basketball back in high school. My knee cap was literally on the outside of my leg, and I remember yelling at my friends to put it back in.
I have seen people freak out when that happens, they literally hold down the person so he can't see what has happened. It happened last week in the Premier League with a players ankle.

Nov 11, 12:23 AM

I dont really remember it well but when I was a kid, my older brother was once hurrying to get home with me in the back carrier of his bicycle. By accident my left ankle got caught in the spinning back wheel of the bicycle and the flesh got ripped and I started bleeding like crazy.

Nov 11, 6:34 AM

I broke my knee and the bone has permanent cracks now.
I failed at life and so do you

I wanna find happiness in life but there's actually no happiness in real life.

Nov 11, 8:47 AM

I'm a very lucky person, I never had any major injuries caused by accident. However, I did cut myself quite deeply in the past and needed stitches. But I wouldn't describe it as painful, it was always more like a surprising feeling with tingles.
"Live to the point of tears."
- Albert Camus

Nov 11, 11:01 AM

Physically definitely an allergic shock caused by accidently tasting something at a restaurant that had nuts in it which I was unaware about and to which I'm very allergic to. Constant and strong feeling of nausea, barely able to keep on my feet due to very low blood pressure and having problems to breath all due to the body going 'nope'. The dumbest part was that I practically did that to myself unknowingly.

Nov 11, 11:10 AM

Same here, breaking my pinky toe. I was in a rush and ran my foot really hard into a door frame. The initial pain was huge, it was really swollen and bruised, and I could barely walk on that food for several days afterward. I remember crawling and hopping around the house a lot. It didn't feel completely normal for weeks.

...then I broke the pinky toe on my other foot doing the exact same thing, several years later.

Apparently I never learn. And both of these incidents happened when I was an adult who should have known to be careful.

I can't even imagine how much it must hurt to break a major bone (arm, leg, rib, etc...), if breaking my pinky toes was that painful.
Modified by palm-tree, Nov 11, 11:15 AM

Nov 11, 3:01 PM

Dry socket after a wisdom tooth extraction.

The actual procedure was no big deal; only mildly uncomfortable during the removal from pressure on the chin/jaw, but the tooth was not impacted in the gum and was removed cleanly in one piece, so it went smooth and I had had much worse done. The recovery was hell though. I had turned down the dentist's offer to write a prescription for something, but hours later after returning home I felt agony I'd never felt, as if my lower jaw was locked in a wood shop vice and there were thousands of pounds of cubic pressure concentrated and beamed down on this one tiny spot. Or having a car or truck parked sitting on top of your tooth. Painful enough to be reduced to tears and unable to even sleep to get past it.

When it comes to pills, I don't abuse so much as a capsule of aspirin. I try not to take even the OTC painkillers and never take narcotic painkillers, because in addition to unhealthy food, tobacco, and alcohol, I feel like I don't need to add anything else to my system to potentially become dependent on. But in that case I had to make an exception because even the OTC ibuprofen were just like taking Tic Tac candy with zero demonstrable effects. I had to go back to the dentist's office on the next Monday and ask for and accept the painkiller prescription.

Unfortunately it happened going into a weekend, so for the rest of the weekend until Monday, I went to the herbal pharmacy at a Whole Foods store and bought some clove oil as a temporary home remedy, (it has anesthetic properties) to numb the area mildly, but man it was still agony.

I really shudder to imagine the depths of terror, agony, and suffering from stuff like third degree burns all over the body including the face and all its orifices and genitals, the excruciating musculoskeletal pain from head to toe from an infection by the chikungunya virus from mosquitoes in the tropical regions, or neuralgia (chronic nerve pain). If it's that severe, blinding, all-encompassing torment with no relief even from any opioid-based painkiller like morphine (which often can't mitigate nerve pain), I think I'd rather just drink a poisoned-laced glass of wine and say ciao.
Modified by WatchTillTandava, Nov 11, 3:04 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »